PDA

View Full Version : If the Clippers get healthy they are the biggest threat to the Warriors.

VengefulAngel
02-10-2016, 05:11 PM
Let's ignore CP3 and Blake's choking tendencies, they have the best roster to counter Golden State, in the playoffs Clippers awful bench isn't as much of a problem.

Don't get me wrong they won't beat them but it could be a very interesting series.

CP3 will tire Curry out during a 7 game series.

Draz
02-10-2016, 05:24 PM
Clippers are by far the most let down team ever.. coming from a fans point of view. I don't see them being a threat. Their all bark no bite. Reminds me of the Pacers a few years ago

LoneyROY7
02-10-2016, 05:25 PM
The only elite team to really challenge them this season and did it twice. Had double-digit fourth quarter leads in both games.

VengefulAngel
02-10-2016, 05:26 PM
Clippers are by far the most let down team ever.. coming from a fans point of view. I don't see them being a threat. Their all bark no bite. Reminds me of the Pacers a few years ago

I just look at their roster and say why an earth haven't they achieved more. They have melted down so many times in the playoffs that I don't trust them, on paper this team should win a lot more then they do.

VengefulAngel
02-10-2016, 05:27 PM
The only elite team to really challenge them this season and did it twice. Had double-digit fourth quarter leads in both games.

Can we admit that this team melts under pressure? I actually blame Doc the most, way to much pressure is put on CP3 at the end of games to create everything whilst still being an elite defender.

poido123
02-10-2016, 05:28 PM
:roll:

Draz
I just look at their roster and say why an earth haven't they achieved more. They have melted down so many times in the playoffs that I don't trust them, on paper this team should win a lot more then they do.
Yeah.. I mean no disrespect to any Clippers fans, but they're just not that team anyone mentions anymore about beating the top teams in either conferences. Their brought up but their name isn't feared. Their good.. but their not achieving what the names on the roster suggest they can. They're underachieving and if I were a fan of the franchise, I'd be absolutely pissed.

LoneyROY7
Can we admit that this team melts under pressure? I actually blame Doc the most, way to much pressure is put on CP3 at the end of games to create everything whilst still being an elite defender.

Yes, CP and Blake have both choked in the past.

Draz
02-10-2016, 05:30 PM
Understandable, but come playoffs it's always a different story, time and time again. I don't know how much longer that team has left before players start disbanding.

He Strong
02-10-2016, 05:30 PM
Doubt it. It is Spurs, then Thunder, then Cavs.

LoneyROY7
02-10-2016, 05:31 PM
Understandable, but come playoffs it's always a different story, time and time again. I don't know how much longer that team has left before players start disbanding.

The Clippers are the last team to beat the Warriors in a playoff series.

Draz
02-10-2016, 05:32 PM
Agreed. I don't even see the Cavs being that much of a threat either this year. Golden State got progressively better than last year.

Draz
02-10-2016, 05:34 PM
Yeah man, but teams change, they improve. They get better. Teams don't stay the same. The same can be said for the Clippers on improving, but it's insane that the defending champs are even better the following year than they were when they won.

pastis
02-10-2016, 05:34 PM

this

LoneyROY7
02-10-2016, 05:35 PM
Yeah man, but teams change, they improve. They get better. Teams don't stay the same. The same can be said for the Clippers on improving, but it's insane that the defending champs are even better the following year than they were when they won.

I don't think it's likely by any means, just keeping the possibility open. :cheers:

VengefulAngel
02-10-2016, 05:35 PM
Agreed. I don't even see the Cavs being that much of a threat either this year. Golden State got progressively better than last year.

Cavs have a huge problem with defending the pick and roll against the GS. GS will just abuse Kyrie and Love, when your impact scorers have to be hidden and play fewer minutes you are in big trouble.

OKC has always been too iso-centric and seem to have taken a step back defensively this season, although we'll see how they look in the playoffs and post all-star break.

Spurs is interesting, I prefer not to speculate on how the Spurs will do, as this franchise has always proven me wrong lol.

senelcoolidge
02-10-2016, 05:36 PM
Everybody is saying how good they are playing without Blake, etc etc negativity. But this is actually helping the team overall for the long haul. The bench is solidifying. So when Blake gets back and gets back to form that team will be much much better. They can be a serious threat to the Warriors.

Draz
02-10-2016, 05:38 PM
I believe an OKC/GS match up will be most exciting, but I don't see OKC pulling it off. I liked them better with Harden on the team, that roster was BUILT. If I was rooting against GS, I'd want a Spurs/GS match up. I don't see it being as exciting as OKC/GS, but the Spurs have the best possibility of knocking them out.

VengefulAngel
02-10-2016, 05:38 PM
Everybody is saying how good they are playing without Blake, etc etc negativity. But this is actually helping the team overall for the long haul. The bench is solidifying. So when Blake gets back and gets back to form that team will be much much better. They can be a serious threat to the Warriors.

Precisely this, the bench getting more playing time is making them more interesting to me, they have struggled with getting any production out of the bench, this will bode well for the future, although they have had a relatively easy schedule.

SwishSquared
02-10-2016, 05:42 PM
I just look at their roster and say why an earth haven't they achieved more. They have melted down so many times in the playoffs that I don't trust them, on paper this team should win a lot more then they do.They haven't had a healthy, starting-caliber 2 way wing in any of their playoff runs. That's been a major problem. The
CP3/JJ/BG/DJ 4 man group is at worst the third best 4 man core in the league.

Actually, even when VDN was around, they still had warts, like not having a suitable backup C.

If their roster was perhaps better balanced, they could have made more noise in the playoffs. They still have choked, but they've never had a complete roster either.

Inferno
02-10-2016, 05:53 PM

Mark Jackson and no Bogut tho

Plus everyone on the team has improved

poido123
02-10-2016, 06:02 PM
Are people seriously sipping the Clippers coolaid again? :oldlol:

They are done

VengefulAngel
02-10-2016, 06:13 PM
Are people seriously sipping the Clippers coolaid again? :oldlol:

They are done

We're not talking about the Bulls...

Just joking bud, the Bulls were never contenders.

Achilleas
02-10-2016, 06:15 PM
Mark Jackson and no Bogut tho

Plus everyone on the team has improved

and ezeli was missing,the center was avi lee :confusedshrug:

StephHamann
02-10-2016, 06:16 PM
Let's ignore CP3 and Blake's choking tendencies, they have the best roster to counter Golden State, in the playoffs Clippers awful bench isn't as much of a problem.

Don't get me wrong they won't beat them but it could be a very interesting series.

CP3 will tire Curry out during a 7 game series.

https://media.giphy.com/media/4zWuTIg9hMl56/giphy.gif