PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

Done_And_Done
02-10-2016, 07:18 PM
I'm bored as dookie at work.

walk with me... talk with me... Humour me

What choices do you make from each of the given scenarios

1.) You're offered a job that pays you a cool 120k per year that you absolutely despise. For the sake of this bullshit game, your contract stipulates that you must remain in this position for at least 10 years....

Or you're offered a job that completely fulfills you professionally, emotionally, psychologically etc... But only pays out 40k per year. What do you do?

2.) You bump into one of your closest friends ex's. She's fairly attractive... For context, let's say she's about an 8. This ex shattered your buddies heart about a year prior. She makes a clear pass at you and states that she wants nothing more than a no strings attached, physical encounter with you... Something that she's always secretly fantasized about. What do you do?

3.) You're offered first round tickets to watch every home game your team plays or any seat of your choosing to the Superbowl (You are not allowed to flip these tickets for profit)

Draz
02-10-2016, 07:24 PM
Take the more money. There are very few careers out there that offers high pay which people are designated in and absolutely despise. If you're offered an opportunity to make significantly more money, I say take it. If the pay is barely worth the trouble, I'd refuse. Honestly, artists, athletes, those are the only two groups I see enjoying what they do and make millions.

I'll give an example.. I believe a PhD in psychology you can be a director, and easily make 6 figures. But the work load is ridiculous.

Accountants? I know accountants make money. My best friends 23 with her Masters in accounting and she dreads! I'll say her payscale is around 60-80k working for a good firm, and it'll only increase. I think she's trying to get into the big five or big six, whatever the fck you call it. Once you get in there, I believe the money is $80k+

Electricians? These mfers have skill! My uncle is one, he's probably the richest guy we know personally. He owns his own business. 6 figure salaries. He'd tell me stories to do what I love though. Saying back when he used to work, he'd make $80+ an hour. Now he hires his own men to run the shit.

CavaliersFTW
02-10-2016, 07:30 PM
1.) I'd take the 40k job that is fulfilling (editing/archiving film for NBA history, and they'd pay me!?) - that's what I'm imagining. It's something I enjoy so much I do it for free already.

2.) Hell no. My best friends come before anyone, save for family/significant others.

3.) Is this just about football? Not a football fan at all, give me the home tickets :applause:

Draz
02-10-2016, 07:32 PM
2.) You bump into one of your closest friends ex's. She's fairly attractive... For context, let's say she's about an 8. This ex shattered your buddies heart about a year prior. She makes a clear pass at you and states that she wants nothing more than a no strings attached, physical encounter with you... Something that she's always secretly fantasized about. What do you do?

If their relationship is dead & gone, she's all game. If he's a best friend, I wouldn't touch her without his permission. If he still has feelings for her friend or best friend, I'd stay away with or without his permission.

3.) You're offered first round tickets to watch every home game your team plays or any seat of your choosing to the Superbowl (You are not allowed to flip these tickets for profit)

Are we talking about basketball then football? If every first round tickets to every home home, I'm in.

Draz
02-10-2016, 07:38 PM
1.) I'd take the 40k job that is fulfilling

Interesting. What do you do for a living? It sounds crazy for me to actually take money considering I'm more of a passionate person and money never really made me, but my decision changed as I age and notice how the economy is going. I'd also like to point out that higher paid positions (managers, etc) tend to be risky. I've seen managers come and go, come and go.

Done_And_Done
02-10-2016, 07:40 PM
Quality responses right off the bat fellas.

Draz - I have a number friends and relatives who delved into trades (namely electrical work as well) and my goodness do they ever make a killing. Prior to going back to school, I gave plumbing a go, which pretty much drove me back into the classroom. I wish I took a greater liking to it, because I saw first hand, how much a cake they earn.

A good buddy of mine who found his way into a union, does fairly well for himself. If you don't wanna be an entrepreneur, unionization is the way to go. He rakes in about 45+ an hour and is usually at home by 4. Factor in the side jobs he does for cash money and he clears nearly 100K I believe. With that said, he's pretty miserable with his career choice. The quintessential example of settling...

Trades are the way to go.... But you have to love em or else you'll dread your life

Done_And_Done
02-10-2016, 07:41 PM
1.) I'd take the 40k job that is fulfilling (editing/archiving film for NBA history, and they'd pay me!?) - that's what I'm imagining. It's something I enjoy so much I do it for free already.

2.) Hell no. My best friends come before anyone, save for family/significant others.

3.) Is this just about football? Not a football fan at all, give me the home tickets :applause:

Not surprised by this... Coming from you :cheers:

And number 3 can be about whatever you want. I chose the Super Bowl because the NFL owns North America and the game itself is such a spectacle.

I myself, would take the first round tix without question.

ThePhantomCreep
02-10-2016, 07:44 PM
-If I have to be stuck at a place I despise, for a decade, it had better for seven figures. $120k for abject misery 8hrs a day isn't worth it. I'll take the 40k and professional bliss.

-I wouldn't do that to one of my closest friends. If anything, I would see her advances as an attempt by her to twist the knife even more, and I couldn't live with myself partaking in that.

-I'll take the season seats, without question. I love the NFL, but up until a few weeks ago, I had no rooting interest in any football teams anyway. It doesn't come close to my love for the NBA.

Done_And_Done
02-10-2016, 07:44 PM
1.) Take more money. 40k is not a lot of money, I would rather dread being at work and being able to live comfortably than being happy at work and penny pinching.

2.) Decline. I have been in that situation before and turned her down. I'm not tryin to ruin a friendship over some broad.

3.) Superbowl. It is much easier to get first round playoff tickets than superbowl tickets.

Decent answers.

I recently just had an interview and the job paid out 43k which is waaaaaaay beneath my qualifications and expected pay scale. If the job itself was something that really enticed me, I might consider it though. As a start...

Draz
02-10-2016, 07:46 PM
Quality responses right off the bat fellas.

Draz - I have a number friends and relatives who delved into trades (namely electrical work as well) and my goodness do they ever make a killing. Prior to going back to school, I gave plumbing a go, which pretty much drove me back into the classroom. I wish I took a greater liking to it, because I saw first hand, how much a cake they earn.

A good buddy of mine who found his way into a union, does fairly well for himself. If you don't wanna be an entrepreneur, unionization is the way to go. He rakes in about 45+ an hour and is usually at home by 4. Factor in the side jobs he does for cash money and he clears nearly 100K I believe. With that said, he's pretty miserable with his career choice. The quintessential example of settling...

Trades are the way to go.... But you have to love em or else you'll dread your life

I believe you. My fathers a diesel mechanic. One of the best in all of New York. Worked for top of the line million dollar companies. NO RESUME. No education. Just had a thing for vehicles since he was a little kid. Came here with the clothes on his back and made a killing. I was just thinking about it today, all his assets for a mechanic really are surprising. I could of seen him doing even better but he prefers the peace of mind where hes at now knowing hes untouchable. But that came with great motivation and proper work ethic. I on the other hand just didn't have a knack for trade.

If I DID, it may have been plumbing tbh. The entire family is full of tradesmen. I've heard plumbing being very hard and takes a toll on the body. But, the saying goes, "I've never met a poor plumber"

Electrician, I got interested and came across one video. Two people turning to dust instantly. I said fck that. No amount of money can get me to do that.

Draz
02-10-2016, 07:47 PM
Decent answers.

I recently just had an interview and the job paid out 43k which is waaaaaaay beneath my qualifications and expected pay scale. If the job itself was something that really enticed me, I might consider it though. As a start...
Whats your degree?

nathanjizzle
02-10-2016, 07:49 PM
Never choose the job you despise. 10 years, thats 10 years of your life, your prime, in a job you hate, for what? so you can shop at wholefoods instead of jewel? so you can buy a 4k fridge instead of the 1500 one?

Draz
02-10-2016, 07:51 PM
Never choose the job you despise. 10 years, thats 10 years of your life, your prime, in a job you hate, for what? so you can shop at wholefoods instead of jewel? so you can buy a 4k fridge instead of the 1500 one?
True. I've always stuck by this. But can we also factor in what state we're living in to understand the true relation of salary vs expenses? If everyone were to mention where they lived it'll make better sense.

I'd say making that kind of money in.. Florida? Is great. Went to Florida a few years back, people working in gas stations and Dollar Tree with nice houses, property, cars, lol.

In NY, you're living like shit with that kind of money.

Done_And_Done
02-10-2016, 07:52 PM
-If I have to be stuck at a place I despise, for a decade, it had better for seven figures. $120k for abject misery 8hrs a day isn't worth it. I'll take the 40k and professional bliss.

-I wouldn't do that to one of my closest friends. If anything, I would think see her advances as an attempt by her to twist the knife even more, and I couldn't live with myself partaking in that.

-I'll take the season seats, without question. I love the NFL, but up until a few weeks ago, I had no rooting interest in any football teams anyway. It doesn't come close to my love for the NBA.

Nice to see some quality, morally in tact folk up in here. Very un'ish like for lack of better words.

And the 3rd scenario was "only" for first round tickets for your home team. So 4 games at most pending if they have home seed or if it goes 7.

Done_And_Done
02-10-2016, 07:53 PM
True. I've always stuck by this. But can we also factor in what state we're living in to understand the true relation of salary vs expenses? If everyone were to mention where they lived it'll make better sense.

I'd say making that kind of money in.. Florida? Is great. Went to Florida a few years back, people working in gas stations and Dollar Tree with nice houses, property, cars, lol.

In NY, you're living like shit with that kind of money.

In NY you're eating scraps on a 40K salary lol

ThePhantomCreep
02-10-2016, 08:01 PM
Nice to see some quality, morally in tact folk up in here. Very un'ish like for lack of better words.

And the 3rd scenario was "only" for first round tickets for your home team. So 4 games at most pending if they have home seed or if it goes 7.

Oops, in that case I'm taking the Super Bowl.

Draz
02-10-2016, 08:03 PM
In NY you're eating scraps on a 40K salary lol
Yea. When I was doing civil engineering as a concrete batcher running the show at my fathers company, I was going to join the union and the salary would of been $30+ an hour

@ $30 that's $14,400 a year before taxes

WHO THE **** wants to make $14k a year? In FCKING NY?! I learned the skill in a month, worked there for some time, I can now use this as plan C or D if I ever needed too. But FCK that.

But it's INSANE that even making $30 in NY you're overshadowing a lot of people making $10-11 an hour.

Man fck ny

Giaodollo
02-10-2016, 08:11 PM
Yea. When I was doing civil engineering as a concrete batcher running the show at my fathers company, I was going to join the union and the salary would of been $30+ an hour

WHO THE **** wants to make $14k a year? In FCKING NY?! I learned the skill in a month, worked there for some time, I can now use this as plan C or D if I ever needed too. But FCK that.

But it's INSANE that even making $30 in NY you're overshadowing a lot of people making $10-11 an hour.

Man fck ny

30 an hour is a lot of money..? and can't be full time with 14 400 a year...

Done_And_Done
02-10-2016, 08:11 PM

Man fck ny

Bananas.... 30 beans an hour is a fine living in most regions of the world. Pennies on the dollar in Manhattan though lol

Im in social work. Specialize in the addictions and mental health sector with aspirations of eventually landing a hospital gig. It's gunna be a busy time ahead for me

Draz
02-10-2016, 08:13 PM
Bananas.... 30 beans an hour is a fine living in most regions of the world. Pennies on the dollar in Manhattan though lol

Im in social work. Specialize in the addictions and mental health sector with aspirations of eventually landing a hospital gig. It's gunna be a busy time ahead for me
DUDE :cheers: :banana: I'm doing Social Work too! :pimp: What degree do you have? Masters?

Giaodollo
02-10-2016, 08:14 PM

You're probably in the middle class with that salary, by no mean a rich man but add a wife with similar wage and you're doing great. I live in like one of the most expensive cities in the world, cost of living is probably higher than New York, and that salary gets you far.

outbreak
02-10-2016, 08:14 PM
1.)I take the 40k job. I have a nice paying job now I don't like and I'd love to change fields but my problem is I can't work out what I would enjoy doing. Only field I'd like to really do is something with history but good luck finding a job especially here in a country that doesn't have the same kind of documented and interesting history as other nations do. If someone could tell me that and it paid less I'd do it but then I already have comfortable savings and a house and the like sorted from my current job. But then again 40k here in Aus is different to 40k in the U.S, what's the average wage over there? Here the average is probably around 50-60k I imagine.

2.) Friend would come first for me. Not like it's been a struggle to get other girls I've liked in the past and I'm in a long term relationship now any way.

3.) I'd take the season tickets. I don't like NFL so wouldn't want to go to the superbowl regardless.

Giaodollo
02-10-2016, 08:18 PM
1.) I take the high paying job, I have already hated every job I've had. Don't really have a passion worth 80 k a year. And as soon as I finish school I'll probably end up doing something I hate.

2.) Hell no, I value friendship more than having a one night stand. Girls come and go but friends stick together.

3. I think I'd go to the super bowl even though I am not very interested in American Football. But I do think it would be an event really worth going to.

Draz
02-10-2016, 08:18 PM
30 an hour is a lot of money..? and can't be full time with 14 400 a year...
No. Not here in NY.

The rent for a basement alone is borderline $800 a month, no bills.
The rent for a 1 bedroom apartment is around 1000-1100 a month with bills.
The rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is around 1300-1500 a month with bills.
The rent for a 3 bedroom apartment is around 1500-1800 a month with bills.

Lets say you're 25-30 making $10 an hour in New York and you're single
$19,200 minimum before taxes

For an apartment (studio/basement/attic) you're paying $800
That's $9,600 without bills

You're in a relationship/married + a kid
$1500 for a 2 bedroom + utilities & bills
-$18,000

You're practically living on the edge unless you're making well over $60k

Giaodollo
02-10-2016, 08:25 PM
No. Not here in NY.

The rent for a basement alone is borderline $800 a month, no bills.
The rent for a 1 bedroom apartment is around 1000-1100 a month with bills.
The rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is around 1300-1500 a month with bills.
The rent for a 3 bedroom apartment is around 1500-1800 a month with bills.

Lets say you're 25-30 making $30 an hour in New York and you're single
$14,000 minimum before taxes

For an apartment (studio/basement/attic) you're paying $800
That's $9,600 without bills

You're left with $4,400 for clothes, food, transportation, phone bill at the top of my head

You're practically living on the edge
How are you counting?

8 hour days*5 days a week*11 months (full time with 4 weeks vacation.)

8*5 = 40
40*4= 160
160*11

~1760 hours a year

1760 * 30 = 52 800 a year?

Or is it anything I am missing?

Done_And_Done
02-10-2016, 08:27 PM
You're probably in the middle class with that salary, by no mean a rich man but add a wife with similar wage and you're doing great. I live in like one of the most expensive cities in the world, cost of living is probably higher than New York, and that salary gets you far.

Thanks Giao

That's auspicious news. That's also the plan stan.

Giaodollo
02-10-2016, 08:32 PM
draz how many hours are you talking here? Full time is 40 hours a week.

30 x 40= 1200 a week

1200 x 52 = $62,400 a year (before taxes)

Yeah, I am basing my calculations with vacation. Although in Sweden you do get vacation pay but I don't know how it is USA.

Draz
02-10-2016, 08:33 PM
How are you counting?

8 hour days*5 days a week*11 months (full time with 4 weeks vacation.)

8*5 = 40
40*4= 160
160*11

~1760 hours a year

1760 * 30 = 52 800 a year?

Or is it anything I am missing?
Typo. I was plugging in what I made pre-union
Are you guys getting 4 weeks vacations over there? I think over here it's 2 weeks tops (for my father) and every union is different

And at my last job you had to have worked a FULL year in that hell hole before you even qualified for a 1 WEEK only vacation (paid) and you had to APPLY for it. It's fcking insane

& @ $50k salary you're living average. My city the average income is like $30-40k it's a shit hole here

Done_And_Done
02-10-2016, 08:36 PM
DUDE :cheers: :banana: I'm doing Social Work too! :pimp: What degree do you have? Masters?

And all this time, I thought you were a Vegas Chip'N'Dales dancer. Who would have thunk it.

Well I've completed both college and my BSW, so naturally the next step would be to pick up the MSW, seeing as how it would only take me one year to get. To be honest though, I'm a little educationally fatigued at the moment so I'm in the process of hunting down some work. Gunna get some field experience in and eventually go back and clean up.

Where are you at?

Done_And_Done
02-10-2016, 08:37 PM
1.)I take the 40k job. I have a nice paying job now I don't like and I'd love to change fields but my problem is I can't work out what I would enjoy doing. Only field I'd like to really do is something with history but good luck finding a job especially here in a country that doesn't have the same kind of documented and interesting history as other nations do. If someone could tell me that and it paid less I'd do it but then I already have comfortable savings and a house and the like sorted from my current job. But then again 40k here in Aus is different to 40k in the U.S, what's the average wage over there? Here the average is probably around 50-60k I imagine.

2.) Friend would come first for me. Not like it's been a struggle to get other girls I've liked in the past and I'm in a long term relationship now any way.

3.) I'd take the season tickets. I don't like NFL so wouldn't want to go to the superbowl regardless.

Nice responses Break

Draz
02-10-2016, 08:42 PM
And all this time, I thought you were a Vegas Chip'N'Dales dancer. Who would have thunk it.

Well I've completed both college and my BSW, so naturally the next step would be to pick up the MSW, seeing as how it would only take me one year to get. To be honest though, I'm a little educationally fatigued at the moment so I'm in the process of hunting down some work. Gunna get some field experience in and eventually go back and clean up.

Where are you at?

I have my associates in social sciences & humanities (liberal arts degree)
I'm half way through. I have probably a little bit more than half to achieve my BA. But after the BA, whatever I have saved I'll go straight into the Masters program elsewhere. I heard it's half the time I'd need to serve to complete the Masters degree if I go right away into it, as per my advisory and some friends.

I have no clue what field directly I want to go into. But my hearts here. How much are we supposed to make with this degree anyways? I believe here in NY you can see $40k start up to $70k+ with a BA, masters should land us at $55k - 80k+

Where are you located?

Giaodollo
02-10-2016, 08:42 PM
Typo. I was plugging in what I made pre-union
Are you guys getting 4 weeks vacations over there? I think over here it's 2 weeks tops (for my father) and every union is different

And at my last job you had to have worked a FULL year in that hell hole before you even qualified for a WEEKS only vacation (paid) and you had to APPLY for it. It's fcking insane

& @ $50k salary you're living average. My city the average income is like $30-40k it's a shit hole here

We have at least 3 weeks paid vacation. Most get 5 weeks a year.

Yeah, but you're not in the gutter with 60 k a year like you made it sound. You're probably doing fine more than fine with that salary.

Draz
02-10-2016, 08:49 PM
We have at least 3 weeks paid vacation. Most get 5 weeks a year.

Yeah, but you're not in the gutter with 60 k a year like you made it sound. You're probably doing fine more than fine with that salary.
Yeah, but it was an INSANE job. GREAT, absolutely amazing experience. But, it was insane because I had managers yelling in our faces like the military (their fired now) but at the time, it was insane. People went to school and shit for that. I got blessed the position because of my father, took less than a month to learn EVERYTHING. Was doing great too. But, my pops is like, don't join the union and look greedy for money (since he ran the mechanic shop there) he didn't want me to look money hungry. I sucked it up and stayed for shit pay even though I was running the show by myself. I did it as a gift of respect that I was gifted the position, that I could take it anywhere I want now, at the time it was INSANE. Too many variables every minute, loading trucks up, running outside doing air tests/slump tests, running back in, loading trucks, finding out the percentage of moisture in the sand, truck barrel, barrel size (each trucks are different sizes) a million other variables per load and we did about 2000 yard loads a day and then you got drivers complaining that you're loading too fast messing up their trucks they had to clean after you load them in around 30-90 seconds because the air ventilation didn't work.

Pops doesn't want me joining the union, I was going to work with him when we had early days from 3am to 6pm WITHOUT over time. I was working like a slave. My GOD. And that fcker didn't want me joining the union? Wtf.

3-5 weeks? WTFF

Done_And_Done
02-10-2016, 08:58 PM
I have my associates in social sciences & humanities (liberal arts degree)
I'm half way through. I have probably a little bit more than half to achieve my BA. But after the BA, whatever I have saved I'll go straight into the Masters program elsewhere. I heard it's half the time I'd need to serve to complete the Masters degree if I go right away into it, as per my advisory and some friends.

I have no clue what field directly I want to go into. But my hearts here. How much are we supposed to make with this degree anyways? I believe here in NY you can see $40k start up to $70k+ with a BA, masters should land us at $55k - 80k+

Where are you located?

Good stuff man. Sounds like you've got he next few years of your life lined up. I'm in Toronto... I would def encourage you to follow through with your masters as it opens up a slew of greater opportunities and will allow you to work in a clinical setting, if that's your kick. Additionally, most school boards won't even look at you if you don't have the MSW credentials and those jobs offer respectable salaries.

There's a slew of opportunity in this industry and tons of government work to be found, offering steady pay to go along with benefits/solid pension/the works. The fact that we're both male, entering a female dominated industry is something that will naturally spin in our favor as well.

Draz
02-10-2016, 09:00 PM
Good stuff man. Sounds like you've got he next few years of your life lined up. I'm in Toronto... I would def encourage you to follow through with your masters as it opens up a slew of greater opportunities and will allow you to work in a clinical setting, if that's your kick. Additionally, most school boards won't even look at you if you don't have the MSW credentials.

There's a slew of opportunity in this industry and tons of government work to be found, offering steady pay to go along with benefits/solid pension/the works. The fact that we're both male, entering a female dominated industry is something that will naturally spin in our favor as well.

Definitely. Considering they'd have to balance out the gender population ratio a little. I understand about the credentials, I completely blew my AS degree. But I'm trying to maintain proper grades now. The school I transferred to was the only school that had the social work program. It's terrible here, hopefully I can find some proper professors from ratemyprofessor.com

Done_And_Done
02-10-2016, 09:05 PM
Definitely. Considering they'd have to balance out the gender population ratio a little. I understand about the credentials, I completely blew my AS degree. But I'm trying to maintain proper grades now. The school I transferred to was the only school that had the social work program. It's terrible here, hopefully I can find some proper professors from ratemyprofessor.com

Yeah, good call. You should have no problem getting into post grad but you def wanna try to maintain a respectable GPA.

Hit me up if you ever need anything homie.

Draz
02-10-2016, 09:08 PM
Yeah, good call. You should have no problem getting into post grad but you def wanna try to maintain a respectable GPA.

Hit me up if you ever need anything homie.
I'll send you a PM in a few. Always great to a circle of friends in your field.

You're probably also hype. My classes are like 90% girls because the 90% of them are social work majors :lol

Felt the same way when I was taking psychology courses back in my other college, I was like the only guy in a room of 40

Done_And_Done
02-10-2016, 09:13 PM
I'll send you a PM in a few. Always great to a circle of friends in your field.

You're probably also hype. My classes are like 90% girls because the 90% of them are social work majors :lol

Felt the same way when I was taking psychology courses back in my other college, I was like the only guy in a room of 40

Dude... Don't even get me started

I actually met my lady in college. My classes were stacked with teets and arse. It's a marvel to me that I graduated with high honours. Eye candy for days man.

Draz
02-10-2016, 09:16 PM
Dude... Don't even get me started

I actually met my lady in college. My classes were stacked with teets and arse. It's a marvel to me that I graduated with high honours. Eye candy for days man.
:lol The girl I have my eye on mentioned she was in the social work major in my class when doing introductions too

I feel like that's my fate man. Finding someone in my field that has the same heart as me.

24-Inch_Chrome
02-10-2016, 09:17 PM

No

Home tickets

NBAplayoffs2001
02-11-2016, 12:46 AM
I'm bored as dookie at work.

walk with me... talk with me... Humour me

What choices do you make from each of the given scenarios

1.) You're offered a job that pays you a cool 120k per year that you absolutely despise. For the sake of this bullshit game, your contract stipulates that you must remain in this position for at least 10 years....

Or you're offered a job that completely fulfills you professionally, emotionally, psychologically etc... But only pays out 40k per year. What do you do?

1) I take the 40K but that's hard to live off in NYC but I would be happy. That all that matters. Wealth is within, to me it isn't materialistic
2) Nah, I'm not about that. I wouldn't double cross a friend like that over a girl.
3) Superbowl. Vikings game too far

Done_And_Done
02-11-2016, 02:04 AM
1) I take the 40K but that's hard to live off in NYC but I would be happy. That all that matters. Wealth is within, to me it isn't materialistic
2) Nah, I'm not about that. I wouldn't double cross a friend like that over a girl.
3) Superbowl. Vikings game too far

If only more people shared the same outlook as you about material wealth and the definition of happiness... There would be a lot less aggravated, conniving, spiteful, stressed out people in this world.

Done_And_Done
02-11-2016, 02:08 AM
:lol The girl I have my eye on mentioned she was in the social work major in my class when doing introductions too

I feel like that's my fate man. Finding someone in my field that has the same heart as me.

That's fricken awesome Draz.
Everything will gradually fall into place for you.

And good on you for entering the field man. It's a selfless profession that requires a special type of person/heart. I can tell you're where you're supposed to be.

Cheers brother.