PDA

View Full Version : OKC Thunder assistant Monty Williams' wife dies in serious car crash

Basketball Fan
02-10-2016, 09:46 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/nba-news/4694533-monty-williams-wife-ingrid-dead-car-crash-oklahoma-city-thunder-assistant-coach?eadid=SOC%2FTwi%2FSNMain

Thunder assistant Monty Williams' wife dies after serious car crash

Monty Williams' wife died Wednesday after she was involved in a serious car crash on Tuesday.

Ingrid Williams, 44, was struck head-on by another vehicle that crossed the center lane, according to The Oklahoman. The driver of the other vehicle and her dog were both pronounced dead at the scene.

Monty is currently an assistant coach for the Oklahoma City Thunder, but previously served as the head coach of the Pelicans. The Thunder released a statement on Wednesday following her death.

Monty and Ingrid have five children together.

raprap
02-10-2016, 09:47 PM
Man thats hard. I feel for their children. Condolences

He Strong
02-10-2016, 09:49 PM
So sad. I feel bad for Monty. RIP to his wife.

BlazerRed
02-10-2016, 09:51 PM
Wow that's ****ing terrible.. and the other driver died as well. What a waste.

Spurs m8
Shattering tbh

Always came across as a sick bloke

Thunderfan86
Man....this is so unfortunate. RIP

He Strong
02-10-2016, 09:53 PM
I often feel worse in these situations than if the person I am aware of dies himself. Probably because the family is out of sight out of mind, but a situation like this makes me think of Monty and what he must be going through.

JimmyMcAdocious
02-10-2016, 09:54 PM
Condolences to both families.

Pushxx
02-10-2016, 09:56 PM
So some dipshit leaves five kids without a mom because he crossed the center line...

Basketball Fan
02-10-2016, 10:08 PM
So some dipshit leaves five kids without a mom because he crossed the center line...

Driver was a woman and apparently had the dog in her lap which was beyond stupid. Why don't you text while you're at it....:facepalm

Derka
02-10-2016, 10:15 PM
What a waste. Sad for all the families now shattered by this.

BasedTom
02-10-2016, 10:30 PM
RIP

The tragic end result is is the same, but I hope she wasn't mangled or anything. Imagining that happening to someone you care about is especially horrifying.

Bosnian Sajo
02-10-2016, 10:35 PM
If Williams doesn't get fired in New Orleans then his wife never gets killed.

AMC should of let the Pelicans get at least one game. :(

gtfo with that, what is mean't to be will happen, no way around it.

RIP, that's horrible, man. For the kids and Monty. I wonder how fast she was going and if she had a seat belt on? Makes you think, cause this shit could happen to anyone. Today I was driving from uni and I was speeding (85-90mph), and this IDIOT just merges into my lane without looking or signalling (pissed me off the most) about 20 feet in front of me. Luckily I saw and was able to get away in time, laying my hand on the horn so that dumbass bitch knew he/she messed up. Even though I was speeding, that dumbass wasn't looking at all where they were merging.

You know what kind of idiot is behind the wheel of your car, but you don't know what kind of idiot is behind the wheel of the car next to you, or in front of you. Remember that, kids.

Cocaine80s
02-10-2016, 10:48 PM

Mods.

jstern
02-10-2016, 10:57 PM
I believe this is the woman with the dog https://www.facebook.com/susannah.donaldson.1?fref=ts

Which is also sad seeing the other person, even if things points to it being her fault.

Hey Yo
02-10-2016, 11:13 PM
That's sad.......would never want to be put in that type of situation.

feel for the kids

BlazerRed
02-10-2016, 11:15 PM
gtfo with that, what is mean't to be will happen, no way around it.

RIP, that's horrible, man. For the kids and Monty. I wonder how fast she was going and if she had a seat belt on? Makes you think, cause this shit could happen to anyone. Today I was driving from uni and I was speeding (85-90mph), and this IDIOT just merges into my lane without looking or signalling (pissed me off the most) about 20 feet in front of me. Luckily I saw and was able to get away in time, laying my hand on the horn so that dumbass bitch knew he/she messed up. Even though I was speeding, that dumbass wasn't looking at all where they were merging.

You know what kind of idiot is behind the wheel of your car, but you don't know what kind of idiot is behind the wheel of the car next to you, or in front of you. Remember that, kids.

Or they didn't expect some ****ing clown to come speeding up their ass at 85-90MPH? :durantunimpressed:

Truth
02-10-2016, 11:21 PM

Shut the fyck up you're a disgrace to real warriors fans go fyck yourself

tomSR.
02-11-2016, 04:08 AM
The driver of the other vehicle, 55-year-old Susannah Donaldson, and her dog, who was sitting on her lap, were both pronounced dead at the scene.

:cry: :cry: ........why would you have the poor dog sitting in your lap while driving.....:banghead: :banghead:

TommyGriffin
02-11-2016, 04:10 AM
Is the dog okay?

boldarblood
02-11-2016, 04:28 AM
Today I was driving from uni and I was speeding (85-90mph), and this IDIOT just merges into my lane without looking or signalling (pissed me off the most) about 20 feet in front of me. Luckily I saw and was able to get away in time, laying my hand on the horn so that dumbass bitch knew he/she messed up. Even though I was speeding, that dumbass wasn't looking at all where they were merging.

Your just as much of an idiot as the one pulling out in front of you. You call someone out for there driving when your traveling 85-90, ****ing hypocrite.

tomSR.
02-11-2016, 04:34 AM
Is the dog okay?
no, he died.......:cry: :cry:

SpaceJam
02-11-2016, 04:42 AM
Sh^tty thing to happen to a guy seeming loved by a lot of the basketball community

It's tough see all these coaches breaking down in interviews upon hearing or being asked about it

Feeling for Monty and their 5 kids right now

Nash
02-11-2016, 07:14 AM
that is so sad, I remember reading this article about how Monty and his wife took care of Ryan Anderson when his wife killed herself.

SugarHill
02-11-2016, 07:54 AM
Shattering tbh

Always came across as a sick bloke
:coleman:

Bosnian Sajo
02-11-2016, 08:33 AM
Or they didn't expect some ****ing clown to come speeding up their ass at 85-90MPH? :durantunimpressed:

Ok but on a busy highway, in a county where there are 1 million residents they don't need to use turn signals or check when they merge? Cmon man, and btw, going 85 on a 75 really isn't HORRIBLE, basically going 50 on a 40.

Thanks for the neg btw, Ima get you back as soon as I can :cheers:

sportjames23
02-11-2016, 08:35 AM
Man, this is awful. :(

Condolences to Monty and his family.

Proctor
02-11-2016, 08:39 AM
that is so sad, I remember reading this article about how Monty and his wife took care of Ryan Anderson when his wife killed herself.
Yep. :(

Spaulding
02-11-2016, 10:38 AM
The driver of the other vehicle, 55-year-old Susannah Donaldson, and her dog, who was sitting on her lap, were both pronounced dead at the scene.

:cry: :cry: ........why would you have the poor dog sitting in your lap while driving.....:banghead: :banghead:

Ya people who do this piss me off because it's a damn distraction to have a live animal on your lap while driving. We all know damn well that a dog in someone's lap while their driving ain't staying still.

BlazerRed
02-11-2016, 10:40 AM
Ok but on a busy highway, in a county where there are 1 million residents they don't need to use turn signals or check when they merge? Cmon man, and btw, going 85 on a 75 really isn't HORRIBLE, basically going 50 on a 40.

Thanks for the neg btw, Ima get you back as soon as I can :cheers:
You're right, 85 on a 75 isn't that bad. I figured it was a 60 zone. Still wrong, obviously, but I can't say I haven't done it and really 10MPH should not have made her make that mistake. I could understand if you were doing 25MPH that she might cut you off because everyone else is going past much slower and she misread your speed.

And I didn't neg you.

4 Inches
02-11-2016, 11:45 AM
R.I.P
Stay safe on the roads people

AirFederer
02-11-2016, 11:50 AM
RIP

Condolences to Monty and his family.

senelcoolidge
02-11-2016, 01:44 PM
Why not Derek Fisher, why someone's wife and mother. R.I.P.