PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting tired of Kobe's retirement tour - Skip Bayless

JT123
02-11-2016, 02:30 PM
The media has officially taken notice that players aren't really trying to defend Kobe anymore because they feel sorry for him, and it's messing with the integrity of the game. Skip said this on first take this morning and he is absolutely right. Can't think of any other superstar who walked away from the game in such an embarrassing fashion. :facepalm

Showtime2001
02-11-2016, 02:31 PM
Meltdown.

Lebronxrings
02-11-2016, 02:48 PM
its so dam pathetic. :oldlol:

Like what? You want me to congratulate the 37 year old brick layer for shooting 25%? I want to watch basketball, not watch a ball hog shoot his team out of games and fans cheering him on. Its sad and frustrating as an objective basketball fan who enjoys fair, well played ball.

AirBonner
02-11-2016, 02:52 PM

Like what? You want me to congratulate the 37 year old brick layer for shooting 25%? I want to watch basketball, not watch a ball hog shoot his team out of games and fans cheering him on. Its sad and frustrating as an objective basketball fan who enjoys fair, well played ball.
This. a career 44% fg shooter. average is average.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-11-2016, 02:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBPgXrv2r4Y

Skip also said he ranks Kobe 9th over LeBron at 10, all time.

:eek:

AirBonner
02-11-2016, 02:55 PM

skip also posts on here under the username "Jabbar"

DonDraper
02-11-2016, 02:59 PM

:roll: :roll:

jimmybball
02-11-2016, 03:01 PM
It is an artificial reason to celebrate somebody that otherwise is not worth celebrating their play.

AirBonner
02-11-2016, 03:03 PM
"manufactured superstar" deserves a "manufactured retirement tour"

Showtime2001
02-11-2016, 03:06 PM

I guess Skip is the enemy now. :oldlol:

Mr Feeny
02-11-2016, 03:16 PM
skip also posts on here under the username "Jabbar"

:roll:

JT123
02-11-2016, 03:40 PM

How is this relevant? :wtf: This thread is not about rankings, it's about REAL bball fans being sick of watching a contrived retirement tour featuring arguably the worst player in NBA history. If Kobe wants to be celebrated for his past accomplishments that's what a retirement ceremony is for. Instead he decided to become a shameless attention whore, and now other players feel like they have to hold back when defending him for fear of alienating all the Kobetards in the arena who want to see Kobe play somewhat decent. :sleeping
Some fans actually want to see good basketball, not some washed up scrub shoot 20 times a night at a 30% clip while brain dead stans chant his name.

Magic 32
02-11-2016, 03:54 PM
Can anyone remember what Skip was really up in arms about two weeks ago?

Me neither.

He is a old school newspaper salesman.

pastis
02-11-2016, 03:57 PM
Can anyone remember what Skip was really up in arms about two weeks ago?

Me neither.

He is a old school newspaper salesman.

seriously, even as a kobe fan, dont you think its annoying? all the hugs...writing a letter at basketball etc

i think it would have been better (also for him!!!) to stay quite and to play the season to the end. and then to retire in the summer

IllegalD
02-11-2016, 03:58 PM

I know.

Just imagine how pathetic it'll be when they do it for a guy that's 2-4 (with more finals losses piled up by then) in the Finals. :lol

:lebroncry:

Magic 32
02-11-2016, 03:58 PM
seriously, even as a kobe fan, dont you think its annoying? all the hugs...writing a letter at basketball etc

i think it would have been better (also for him!!!) to stay quite and to play the season to the end. and then to retire in the summer

I'm not spending any time on it.

It's for the fans in the arena.

It sells.

pastis
02-11-2016, 03:59 PM
I'm not spending any time on it.

It's for the fans in the arena.

It sells.

true

Derka
02-11-2016, 04:08 PM
Then don't watch. Problem solved.

TheBigVeto
02-11-2016, 08:36 PM
This is proof that the current league is weak. Kobe should be ridiculed in every city he plays on this season.

Doranku
02-11-2016, 08:42 PM

Not at all. After being the villain for the majority of his career, he's finally getting the respect he deserves from ALL basketball fans.

It shouldn't be a surprise that people who actually leave their house and attend games acknowledge Kobe's greatness and are giving their respect for a man who gave everything to the game of basketball for 20 years.

It's also not a surprise that the basement dwellers on this forum who make multiple accounts to talk to themselves don't understand this simple concept and make threads like OP.

L8krH8tr
02-11-2016, 08:46 PM
I ****ing Hate Bryant, cant wait till hes done this year. Go away you selfish ballhog rapist.

Wally450
02-11-2016, 08:49 PM
I know.

Just imagine how pathetic it'll be when they do it for a guy that's 2-4 (with more finals losses piled up by then) in the Finals. :lol

:lebroncry:

1/10

Better luck next time.

imnew09
02-11-2016, 08:56 PM

Damn son why you gotta do OP like that

L8krH8tr
02-12-2016, 01:41 AM
cant wait till this fraud is gone

yeaaaman
02-12-2016, 03:21 AM
It is an artificial reason to celebrate somebody that otherwise is not worth celebrating their play.

I honestly don't come on ISH as much anymore but do you guys really hate Kobe that much? It's weird, I hated him growing up, I thought he was selfish and and I didn't like his style of play. Shooting over triple teams with open team mates watching hopelessly. I get it, I watched it for years along with the rest of you guys. But over the years I started to appreciate his game for what it was, because there was truly something special there. I grew up and stopped getting butt-hurt by somebody else's greatness, which you can't deny. He might not be my favourite player, but he's certainly a great player.

I meant, you really don't think he's worth celebrating? In any case, it's the fans that are consuming the product, and they clearly want Kobe.

When it comes to ISH though, I can't tell if people are making legit claims or arguments about a given player, or if they are just stans of another player who get stung at any bit of positive attention that may "threaten" the status or view of their god by the general public. I'm really confused, I come on here reading Kobe is a scrub and didn't have a good career. Lebron is 2/6 so he's a scrub etc. If people hate either of these guys I just don't think they respect the game of basketball.

The disillusioned posts I sometimes read on here remind me of politicians spinning the truth with as much dishonest twisting of reality as they can. Except we don't have the same things invested posting on this message board.

I don't follow posters enough to know whose making legit arguments, who are stans, who are trolls (a few are obvious), but in any case, enjoy your legend bashing people :cheers: