PDA

View Full Version : Are the Portland Trailblazers the biggest surprise this year?

Bosnian Sajo
02-11-2016, 11:46 PM
Honestly, did anyone expect this team to be decent, let alone be fighting for a playoff spot? During the offseason, they lost 4/5 of their starters and added a bunch of younger players, thus leading us to believe they were back to rebuilding. But lo and behold, they are currently 7th seed in the West.

Also, Damian Lillard is criminally underrated by everyone. Dude is having his best season by far and hauling his team on his back, yet it seems like no one talks about him.

Another team worthy of a mention for being the biggest surprise of the season is the Houston Rockets. 2nd seed last year, made it to the conf finals, upgraded the one position where they were outmatched (PG, Ty Lawson) over the summer, yet if the playoffs started today, they would be a lottery team.

imnew09
02-11-2016, 11:48 PM
Blazers and Boston are up there

Prime_Shaq
02-12-2016, 12:08 AM
Blazers and Boston are up there
Boston was pretty good already last season.

Bosnian Sajo
02-12-2016, 12:41 AM
Boston was pretty good already last season.

And most people probably still picked em for playoffs, but honestly no one saw this coming from Portland. Props to them and Dame individually.

FreezingTsmoove
02-12-2016, 02:10 AM
What exactly is suprising?

They are a shitty team thats going to get bounced in 5 in the playoffs.. Which is exactly what happened last year :lol

Not very suprising

JimmyMcAdocious
02-12-2016, 02:22 AM
Rockets, Pelicans, and Bucks.

BlazerRed
02-12-2016, 02:24 AM
Homie we major! :rockon:

no pun intended
02-12-2016, 03:04 AM
So how is Dame Dolla not an allstar again?

BasedTom
02-12-2016, 03:12 AM
Lillard is an alpha

He's not somebody who puts up empty stats like kyrie

sammichoffate
02-12-2016, 03:13 AM
Meh, they aren't god-awful on paper by any means. Just under-the-radar players other than Lillard and maybe McCollum, who's gonna probably get MIP. Stotts is also a great coach, I think it has to do more with how the West is much weaker this season. Dallas would be my surprise team, I thought they were gonna be bottom feeding after they lost out on Jordan over the summer but everyone on that team has been playing great.

masonanddixon
02-12-2016, 03:56 AM
Plumlee and Meyers Leonard are balling hard

Akrazotile
02-12-2016, 03:57 AM
Honestly, did anyone expect this team to be decent, let alone be fighting for a playoff spot? During the offseason, they lost 4/5 of their starters and added a bunch of younger players, thus leading us to believe they were back to rebuilding. But lo and behold, they are currently 7th seed in the West.

Also, Damian Lillard is criminally underrated by everyone. Dude is having his best season by far and hauling his team on his back, yet it seems like no one talks about him.

Another team worthy of a mention for being the biggest surprise of the season is the Houston Rockets. 2nd seed last year, made it to the conf finals, upgraded the one position where they were outmatched (PG, Ty Lawson) over the summer, yet if the playoffs started today, they would be a lottery team.

West is a bubble bath so I'm not that surprised.

jimmybball
02-12-2016, 08:51 AM
Yes, Blazers had no business being in the playoffs in the West after Aldridge left.

CarlosBoozer
02-12-2016, 08:57 AM
McCollum and Lillard :bowdown:

RoseCity07
02-12-2016, 12:30 PM
I thought the Blazers would win 35-40 games and have been pretty good at judging what this team would be. They didn't surprise me.

The Blazers replaced every single player in the summer except Aldridge. So basically we are the same team minus an all-star powerforward. A little bit of that damage is covered up by the fact Damian Lillard gets the ball more and the Blazers are less predictable. They play real team ball all game.

Teams don't really know for sure how the Blazers will finish games. It's not just throw it into Aldridge and everyone stand around and watch. Everyone is involved and Lillard is a more than willing passer. He's doing a great job of knowing when to take over and when to give the ball up. This is why they are winning.

Spaulding
02-12-2016, 01:09 PM
Rockets, Pelicans, and Bucks.

Yep those 3 are the biggest disappointments.