PDA

View Full Version : Report: Some Warriors executives believe Golden State will sign Kevin Durant

Ca$H
02-12-2016, 03:18 AM
http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/02/12/report-some-warriors-executives-believe-golden-state-will-sign-kevin-durant/

AirBonner
02-12-2016, 03:22 AM
http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/02/12/report-some-warriors-executives-believe-golden-state-will-sign-kevin-durant/
Hope he does. Curry will never win a finals mvp between iggy and Durant :lol

Akrazotile
02-12-2016, 03:22 AM
There's no chance. Durant would get absolutely clowned to hell for it.

This is not Lebron going to a gutted roster in Miami to rescue a franchise that hadn't won a playoff series since 06.

This is a supposed superstar going to a HISTORICALLY STACKED team that doesn't even need him. He would never be respected again. He will literally go down in history as a punchline.

Durant is not so naive as to be unaware of this. He's not going to GS.

Cocaine80s
02-12-2016, 03:23 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

You mean to tell me the Warriors executives believe the Warriors can sign Durant???
No ****ing way

1987_Lakers
02-12-2016, 03:24 AM
I hope Durant signs with an East Coast team so he can give LeBron some trouble and develop a nice rivalry, the Cavs wouldn't have a cake walk to the Finals like they do know.

Durant to the Warriors will be horrible for the NBA in terms of competition & ratings. Nobody would be able to compete with this team and some fans wouldn't even care to see games because they will know the outcome, OKC would be finished as contenders & the Spurs will be even older.

AirBonner
02-12-2016, 03:27 AM
I hope Durant signs with an East Coast team so he can give LeBron some trouble and develop a nice rivalry, the Cavs wouldn't have a cake walk to the Finals like they do know.

Durant to the Warriors will be horrible for the NBA in terms of competition & ratings. Nobody would be able to compete with this team and some fans wouldn't even care to see games because they will know the outcome, OKC would be finished as contenders & the Spurs will be even older.
This. It would be awesome if he goes to the Celtics. Stevens would make him an unstoppable Alpha :rockon:

Cocaine80s
02-12-2016, 03:31 AM
This. It would be awesome if he goes to the Celtics. Stevens would make him an unstoppable Alpha :rockon:
Would be nice to see him on the Cavs as well

AirBonner
02-12-2016, 03:33 AM
Would be nice to see him on the Cavs as well
how can the cavs afford him? as a bron fan I wouldn't like it.

1987_Lakers
02-12-2016, 03:34 AM

I haven't thought of it, but Boston would be a great place for Durant to sign with. A franchise with rich history that has a great coach in Stevens, a very good GM in Ainge, they are currently the #3 seed in the East and they will have a top 5 pick in the draft for the next 3 years from the Nets trade.

If I was Durant Boston would probably be at the top of my list.

golden24boy
02-12-2016, 03:39 AM
if durant wants to win like leBeta he should sign with gsw...but if he wants to win regular way he should probably stay or go to Boston,New york or washingston

keep-itreal
02-12-2016, 03:46 AM
Durant should go to the East.

I'm sick of Lebron cake walking to the finals every year

Im Still Ballin
02-12-2016, 03:48 AM
Durant for Love swap

Lebron at center

Durant at PF

to combat Draymond at center

Magic 32
02-12-2016, 03:50 AM

This is not Lebron going to a gutted roster in Miami to rescue a franchise that hadn't won a playoff series since 06.

This is a supposed superstar going to a HISTORICALLY STACKED team that doesn't even need him. He would never be respected again. He will literally go down in history as a punchline.

https://katchapet.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/picture1.jpg

Akrazotile
02-12-2016, 03:52 AM
https://katchapet.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/picture1.jpg

Huh??

Sorry I don't speak rent free.

Mr Feeny
02-12-2016, 03:59 AM
I don't see what Durant gains from this. This almost kills his legacy. The Warriors are already viewed as one of, if not the greatest, team of all time.
If he joins them and they win a 3rd title after having destroyed the league 2 years straight, for example, it doesn't do much for Durant

JimmyMcAdocious
02-12-2016, 04:18 AM
Durant to Boston.

Boston lands the #1 pick.

Boston trades Durant and Simmons for Westbrook, Waiters, Ibaka, and Adams.

ECF ceiling.

Westbrook is too much for Stevens and forces him out of town.

Stevens goes back to college and takes over the Carolina job after Roy retires.

Make it happen basketball gods.

navy
02-12-2016, 04:19 AM
He wont go to Golden State.

no pun intended
02-12-2016, 04:46 AM
http://i.imgur.com/VHOxQHL.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/O5EprVj.jpg

bobopenguin
02-12-2016, 04:47 AM
Keep on dreaming.
Let me tell u who's coming to Lakers:
Kevin Durant,
Ben Simmons.
Cousins.

Akrazotile
02-12-2016, 04:48 AM
Keep on dreaming.
Let me tell u who's coming to Lakers:
Kevin Durant,
Ben Simmons.
Cousins.

Damn.

That kinda collusion might actually bring Kobe back for another year :biggums:

buddha
02-12-2016, 05:13 AM
20 years from now nobody will care how Durant got his 5 rings except for Curry stan boys who say 7 is better than 5.

jstern
02-12-2016, 05:31 AM
History has shown that it doesn't matter how one gets their rings, especially for those who were too young to have even seen the player play.

keep-itreal
02-12-2016, 05:32 AM
History has shown that it doesn't matter how one gets their rings, especially for those who were too young to have even seen the player play.

yes it does.

Clyde Drexler got one and nobody ever talks about that

deja vu
02-12-2016, 05:46 AM

I don't think Durant would care, as long as he wins championships.

He might get ridiculed at first but once he wins championships, it will all die down a bit.

Sure, he might not get top 5 or top 10 GOAT consideration after all is said and done, but at least he can retire as a multiple champion instead of being called a ringless loser.

That would put him several notches down the ladder in the best players of all-time, but would certainly better than his ranking as a ringless loser.

jstern
02-12-2016, 06:09 AM
yes it does.

Clyde Drexler got one and nobody ever talks about that
Clyde Drexler only won one ring and was past his prime.

Look at Lebron, are people going to care that he went to the Heat? No, they have him in their top ten list. A perfect example is Kobe. Not on ISH but on YouTube, one will read serious comments saying that he's the GOAT, from posters who also assumed that Shaq was a sidekick.

They use the 5 rings as a major reason.

A couple of days ago I read a comment from a young person saying that Kobe made Shaq during those 3 peats.

If someone would have told me that during the time that Shaq was dominating, averaging 40 points in the Finals, as it happened live. It would be shocking to see how things get viewed by those who did not see the moment.

So as time passes by people are not going to care how a player got his rings, because they're not going to waste their time looking at the context.

Prime_Shaq
02-12-2016, 06:13 AM
I believe it too. Doesn't make it true though.

r0drig0lac
02-12-2016, 06:21 AM

that is all, goodbye legacy, if he does it

Haymaker
02-12-2016, 08:36 AM
While it is tempting for KD to sign with such a legendary team, I don't think it's the right fit for him and there's no history or connection between him and the franchise/city. KD would rather stay with OKC or sign with the Wizards.

jimmybball
02-12-2016, 08:49 AM
I want Steph to win championships without Durant. Just makes it hard to root for a team that superstars are chasing rings with.

Ca$H
02-12-2016, 11:36 AM
20 years from now nobody will care how Durant got his 5 rings except for Curry stan boys who say 7 is better than 5.

Agreed. Durant and Curry will only be 28 next season. Playing with each other will allow them to extend their careers. Durant will get to sit out 4th quarters too. On long road trips both players wouldn't have to play back to backs. Curry could play on one night then Durant on the following night. Curry and Durant don't rely on their athleticism so I could see both players still playing as top 10 players even at 36 years of age. 8 year window with 5 titles is actually a realistic scenario.

JohnnySic
02-12-2016, 11:38 AM
How can they possibly afford him with what they already have?

keep-itreal
02-12-2016, 11:40 AM
Clyde Drexler only won one ring and was past his prime.

History has shown that it doesn't matter how one gets their rings

you're retarded. just shut the **** up you god damn failure:oldlol:

StephHamann
02-12-2016, 12:02 PM
If they somehow get Durant i could honestly see Lebron opting out of his contract and sign with the Warriors for the vet minimum.

SwishSquared
02-12-2016, 12:24 PM
If the Warriors win a title again this year (and Curry is MVP/FMVP, Draymond is in running for DPoY, etc.) and then Durant joins them, he should get more hate than the Miami Big 3. If he leaves OKC, he won't make it a spectacle, which drove lots of the MIA hate, but we're talking about a top 3 player joining a historically great team.

RoseCity07
02-12-2016, 12:26 PM
He should go to the Wizards. John Wall is unselfish and entering his prime. They have a decent front court. It's the Eastern Conference. His team would finish no worse than top 3 and breeze past the first two rounds. Golden State is just too easy and it would kill his legacy worse than Lebron did by going to Miami.

Looking back on what Lebron did it's actually pathetic he only got two rings and he will never get the credit Jordan or Kobe get because he joined a super team.

sd3035
02-12-2016, 12:29 PM
Two superstars teaming up has happened many times. Lebald needs to have at least three on his teams

sd3035
02-12-2016, 12:30 PM
If they somehow get Durant i could honestly see Lebron opting out of his contract and sign with the Warriors for the vet minimum.

They would never accept him unless he came off the bench and played limited minutes

Ca$H
02-12-2016, 12:52 PM
He should go to the Wizards. John Wall is unselfish and entering his prime. They have a decent front court. It's the Eastern Conference. His team would finish no worse than top 3 and breeze past the first two rounds. Golden State is just too easy and it would kill his legacy worse than Lebron did by going to Miami.

Looking back on what Lebron did it's actually pathetic he only got two rings and he will never get the credit Jordan or Kobe get because he joined a super team.

ESPN has Bran as a top 3 GOAT. Bill Russell played in a weak era with the most stacked team and is a unanimous top 10 GOAT. Magic and Kareem are considered by most to be top 5 GOATs and they played with each other and had James Worthy. 10 years from now it won't matter. KD will suffer initial criticism but no where close to LeBron. 10 years from now when he has 5 rings he will be regarded as a consensus top 15 GOAT at worst.

tontoz
02-12-2016, 12:56 PM

looks like they only have $62 million committed for next season and the cap will go way up.

scm5
02-12-2016, 12:58 PM
Agreed. Durant and Curry will only be 28 next season. Playing with each other will allow them to extend their careers. Durant will get to sit out 4th quarters too. On long road trips both players wouldn't have to play back to backs. Curry could play on one night then Durant on the following night. Curry and Durant don't rely on their athleticism so I could see both players still playing as top 10 players even at 36 years of age. 8 year window with 5 titles is actually a realistic scenario.

More like 8 year window with 8 titles...

As it is, it's either Curry or Klay going off every night. Add Durant to the mix, and it's almost guaranteed you're going to have a hot hand every single game you play. Imagine playing against that.

Curry
Klay
Durant
Barnes
Draygod

Every single one of these players shoots 39% from 3 or better. They can all be on the floor at the same time. Can you imagine the kind of plays you can run with a squad like this?

tontoz
02-12-2016, 01:02 PM

As it is, it's either Curry or Klay going off every night. Add Durant to the mix, and it's almost guaranteed you're going to have a hot hand every single game you play. Imagine playing against that.

Curry
Klay
Durant
Barnes
Draygod

Every single one of these players shoots 39% from 3 or better. They can all be on the floor at the same time. Can you imagine the kind of plays you can run with a squad like this?

I don't think Barnes be there if they sign KD. He is a free agent.

scm5
02-12-2016, 01:02 PM

Bogut and Iggy are huge $11m contracts they can dump since they're expirings. Iggy becomes redundant with Durant on the team. Bogut, the Warriors might keep, depending on Ezeli I'm assuming.

scm5
02-12-2016, 01:08 PM
I don't think Barnes be there if they sign KD. He is a free agent.

That's true, good point.

Still:

Curry
Klay
Durant
Green

Would definitely be the greatest shooting starting 5 the league has ever seen, no matter who else they insert into that lineup.

Lebron23
02-12-2016, 01:15 PM
I kinda like this idea. Both Curry and Durant numbers would go down if they play with each other.

Anyway I feel bad for Klay Thompson he's gonna be relegated to a 3rd option. These Warriors team are so good because they have role players who are a good defensive players.

Ca$H
02-12-2016, 01:28 PM
That's true, good point.

Still:

Curry
Klay
Durant
Green

Would definitely be the greatest shooting starting 5 the league has ever seen, no matter who else they insert into that lineup.

Might be Kevon Looney. I actually think he has the potential to be better than Barnes. Looney probably won't start but he is most likely the 5th member of the nuclear lineup/lineup of death.

Curry/Livingston
Klay/Barbosa
Durant/Rush
Draygod/Looney
Ezeli/?

?- Could offer the MLE to Pau Gasol. Gasol already took less money to join the Bulls. Gasol would probably start over Ezeli but would only play 20 minutes. He can easily extend his career like Duncan. 4 more years and 4 more titles might get him a top 30 GOAT spot.

Ca$H
02-12-2016, 01:32 PM

Curry
Klay
Durant
Barnes
Draygod

If Curry gets MVP, FMVP, title, and Bulls record this year then proceeds to win 8 more titles he would be considered by many to be the GOAT. 10 titles total:eek:

It would be hilarious to see the ultimate a$$hole Jordan get surpassed by a baby faced choir boy like Curry.

AirBonner
02-12-2016, 01:40 PM
If Curry gets MVP, FMVP, title, and Bulls record this year then proceeds to win 8 more titles he would be considered by many to be the GOAT. 10 titles total:eek:

It would be hilarious to see the ultimate a$$hole Jordan get surpassed by a baby faced choir boy like Curry.
Let's see him get one finals mvp vote first before jumping to conclusions.

Marchesk
02-12-2016, 02:55 PM
I'm not watching the NBA if Durant goes to the Warriors. They're already going to break 70 wins as it is. What, will they win 80 next season?

It's barely a competition as it is now. That would not be entertaining.

AirBonner
02-12-2016, 03:01 PM
Durant to Boston.

Boston lands the #1 pick.

Boston trades Durant and Simmons for Westbrook, Waiters, Ibaka, and Adams.

ECF ceiling.

Westbrook is too much for Stevens and forces him out of town.

Stevens goes back to college and takes over the Carolina job after Roy retires.

Make it happen basketball gods.
except Danny Ainge isn't retarded :biggums:

Nick Young
02-12-2016, 03:06 PM
His super star ego will probably be bad for team chemistry TBH.

They can't get much better. Adding a dude with the ego of Durant is a big risk, as good a player as he is.

HenryGarfunkle
02-12-2016, 03:09 PM

They can't get much better. Adding a dude with the ego of Durant is a big risk, as good a player as he is.
Yeah, huge risk signing the best player in the world.

And yeah, great point about Durant's huge superstar ego, because that's what's hes known for.

:facepalm

Stick to wwe commentary you moron.

Haymaker
02-12-2016, 03:11 PM

Yup. Warriors took what the Spurs did in 2014 and made something better of their own because of how ****ing good Curry is. They're a bunch of self-less players who focus on ball movement and Durant just won't fill that mold. There's only one ball and Curry is better than him. If KD leaves he needs to be the center of the franchise, won't happen in GS.

Inferno
02-12-2016, 03:30 PM
I doubt it happens :oldlol:

I mean, **** it, if KD actually somehow ends up on the Dubs I doubt I'd complain, but does anyone really think it'll happen? :lol Plus the amount of hate the Warriors would receive on here would probably be unbearable :sleeping

Marchesk
02-12-2016, 04:14 PM
Plus the amount of hate the Warriors would receive on here would probably be unbearable :sleeping

They wouldn't lose, so would it matter? Haters start hating, and you just post 40-0 or 51-1. I'm not even going to waste my hate. What would be the point?

outbreak
02-12-2016, 04:15 PM
Curry
Klay
Durant
Green
Bogut

http://49.media.tumblr.com/e24542dcf1e7439421190ec7cdc7d953/tumblr_o1wdv45Zun1qzmowao1_400.gif

Marchesk
02-12-2016, 04:18 PM
Curry
Klay
Durant
Green
Bogut

Westbrook
Kobe
Lebron
Randle
Cousins

outbreak
02-12-2016, 04:20 PM
Westbrook
Kobe
Lebron
Randle
Cousins

first round exit?

r0drig0lac
02-12-2016, 04:26 PM
Curry
Klay
Durant
Green
Bogut

http://49.media.tumblr.com/e24542dcf1e7439421190ec7cdc7d953/tumblr_o1wdv45Zun1qzmowao1_400.gif
:roll: