PDA

View Full Version : If Lebron did meet Kobe in the 2009 Finals, would ISH have survived?

sportjames23
02-12-2016, 07:37 AM
Dwight Howard and the Orlando Magic prevented us from seeing Kobe and Lebron go at it on the biggest stage. Would a Finals match up of the 2009 Lakers and Cavs have broken this place? Would it have put to rest any discussion of Kobe vs Lebron?

Dr Hawk
02-12-2016, 07:39 AM
ISH would be just fine, Lebron stans though...rip

Quickening
02-12-2016, 07:43 AM
Kobe 12th all time, Lebron 3rd... there is no discussion.

feyki
02-12-2016, 07:43 AM
http://images.clipartpanda.com/rip-clipart-tombstone2.png

dunksby
02-12-2016, 07:55 AM
hmm, interesting, Steve is a Jew, Stern is a Jew; ISH screwed LeBron to survive :eek:

Beastmode88
02-12-2016, 07:55 AM
Kobe 12th all time, Lebron 3rd... there is no discussion.

Dwight > Lebron
Kobe > Dwight
Kobe > Lebron

Sounds legit to me.

Magic 32
02-12-2016, 08:11 AM
Dwight Howard prevented

All you need to know.

pauk
02-12-2016, 08:12 AM
Cavs/Lebron would definitely had a better chance (best chance in the league) at Lakers/Kobe that year... you know how a team has that one team that just gives most mismatch problems, thats what Magic was for Cavs (they struggled against them all season long, think they lost all matchups in reg. season from what i remember, Lebron would get his, more than get his, but the supporting cast just couldnt deal with Dwight+shooters defensively), they still almost barely made it through in ECF, lost games by 1-2 pts, Mo missing a GW, Lewis/Turkoglu hitting a GW each, Lebron hitting a GW, thinks could been different... and for Lakers, Cavs was that team that gave most mismatch problems that year and for Kobe, prime Lebron was that player... i knew soon as Cavs was gona meet Magic that if they managed to win that series Cavs was gona most likely win the championship against Lakers.... and if Magic got through they would get destroyed, Lakers had the big fellas & wings to deal with Dwights/Magics in/out game and even give Dwight problems on the other side (Gasol was awesome).

Magic 32
02-12-2016, 08:24 AM
http://s9.postimg.org/n5c3hgw3j/8790890.png

http://share.gifyoutube.com/Z6PxBM.gif

Prime_Shaq
02-12-2016, 08:50 AM
Cavs/Lebron would definitely had a better chance (best chance in the league) at Lakers/Kobe that year... you know how a team has that one team that just gives most mismatch problems, thats what Magic was for Cavs (they struggled against them all season long, think they lost all matchups in reg. season from what i remember, Lebron would get his, more than get his, but the supporting cast just couldnt deal with Dwight+shooters defensively), they still almost barely made it through in ECF, lost games by 1-2 pts, Mo missing a GW, Lewis/Turkoglu hitting a GW each, Lebron hitting a GW, thinks could been different... and for Lakers, Cavs was that team that gave most mismatch problems that year and for Kobe, prime Lebron was that player... i knew soon as Cavs was gona meet Magic that if they managed to win that series Cavs was gona most likely win the championship against Lakers.... and if Magic got through they would get destroyed, Lakers had the big fellas & wings to deal with Dwights/Magics in/out game and even give Dwight problems on the other side (Gasol was awesome).
Lakers won both regular season matchups though

Wade's Rings
02-12-2016, 09:00 AM
The Lakers would have won. ISH wasn't this shitty back then so it wouldn't have bad as it would be today.

ShawkFactory
02-12-2016, 09:06 AM
Lakers would have won in 09. Cavs would have won in 10.

JohnnySic
02-12-2016, 09:28 AM
Lakers would have won easily in '09. In '10 it would have been close; Cavs had better personnel to match up with the Lakers' size.

Gileraracer
02-12-2016, 11:19 AM

DARRNNN :lol :lol This gif is great. great actor :applause:

Showtime2001
02-12-2016, 11:24 AM
It's not Kobe's fault LeBron choked.

Dr Hawk
02-12-2016, 11:29 AM
Lebron was one Pau Gasol away from winning in 2009 and 2010

choppermagic
02-12-2016, 11:30 AM
Lakers were still mad from getting beat by BOS the year before. They had a chip on their shoulder. They would have still won over the Cavs.

ESPN would have had a full on meltdown and invented a new stat to "show" that the Cavs actually "won" the Finals by being more efficient at winning their 2 games and losing 4. In order to push Lebron more and protect their investment, they would have released their Top 50 players list early and put Kobe at #49 to try and discredit their golden boy getting beat. :D

choppermagic
02-12-2016, 11:31 AM

No, Lebron turns the Pau Gasols of his teams into spot up shooters and call them scrubs when he loses.

Showtime2001
02-12-2016, 11:32 AM
Kobe was a Bosh and Wade away from winning in 2011.

Gileraracer
02-12-2016, 11:42 AM
Ufortunately Lebron wasn't able to beat Howard and the Magic :lol

stalkerforlife
02-12-2016, 11:43 AM
http://s9.postimg.org/n5c3hgw3j/8790890.png

:roll:

sportjames23
02-12-2016, 11:57 AM
Lakers were still mad from getting beat by BOS the year before. They had a chip on their shoulder. They would have still won over the Cavs.

ESPN would have had a full on meltdown and invented a new stat to "show" that the Cavs actually "won" the Finals by being more efficient at winning their 2 games and losing 4. In order to push Lebron more and protect their investment, they would have released their Top 50 players list early and put Kobe at #49 to try and discredit their golden boy getting beat. :D

:roll: :roll: :roll:

stalkerforlife
02-12-2016, 11:59 AM

:roll:

Showtime2001
02-12-2016, 12:28 PM

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Wally450
02-12-2016, 01:46 PM
It's not Kobe's fault LeBron choked.

39/8/8 on 49% shooting is choking?

Magic 32
02-12-2016, 01:55 PM
39/8/8 on 49% shooting is choking?

Sort of like the Warriors series.

Amazing numbers. Inefficent in all the wrong moments. Iverson assists. Teammates standing around.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-12-2016, 02:03 PM
Said it many times before, but LeBron going H2H with Bean in the finals would've been terrible for Kobe fans. Like, really bad.

Bron has routinely killed the Lakers while outplaying Kobe in their individual matchups. I don't see that changing during the finals unless Bron lays an egg with another mental breakdown.

In all likelihood dude would've ran roughshod allover Staples Center tho.

If LA did beat Cleveland, this would've probably happened too. :oldlol:

ArbitraryWater
02-12-2016, 02:04 PM

Amazing numbers. Inefficent in all the wrong moments. Iverson assists. Teammates standing around.

Unlike the Warriors series, he actually wasnt inefficient though, and had plenty of great play in big moments...

Said it many times before, but LeBron going H2H with Bean in the finals would've been terrible for Kobe fans. Like, really bad.

Bron has routinely killed the Lakers while outplaying Kobe in their individual matchups. I don't see that changing during the finals unless Bron lays an egg with another mental breakdown.

In all likelihood dude would've ran roughshod allover Staples Center tho.

I'm not even a Bron fan, my sympathies lie with Kobe, but I kind of have to agree here.

Lebron23
02-12-2016, 02:07 PM

You really need some seriously mental help.

Magic 32
02-12-2016, 02:22 PM
Unlike the Warriors series, he actually wasnt inefficient though, and had plenty of great play in big moments...

You really need some seriously mental help.

game 3: 11-28
Game 4: 7 missed shots, 2 missed FT's and 7 turnovers in the 4th and OT
Game 6: 8-20 in game 6

Hardly the imagine of perfection that his fans tries to make that series out to be.

And again. Lebron fans love to point to the regular season games.

Well, Lebron got his butt kicked in 2008-09.

Showtime2001
02-12-2016, 02:28 PM
game 3: 11-28 in game 3
Game 4: 7 missed shots, 2 missed FT's and 7 turnover in the 4th and OT
Game 6: 8-20 in game 6

Hardly the imagine of perfection that his fans tries to make that series out to be.

And again. Lebron fans love to point to the regular season games.

Well, Lebron got his butt kicked in 2008-09.
http://i.imgur.com/5gPbxQE.gif

Segatti
02-12-2016, 02:31 PM
Dwight > Lebron
Kobe > Dwight
Kobe > Lebron

Sounds legit to me.

Lebron > Jordan
Jordan > Kobe
Lebron > Kobe

Sounds legit to me.

Magic 32
02-12-2016, 02:39 PM

Bron has routinely killed the Lakers while outplaying Kobe in their individual matchups.

https://media.riffsy.com/images/d01b95da7b24ef6139269632d8986ec1/raw

inclinerator
02-12-2016, 04:07 PM
they might have to remove avvys and reps and limit 60 post per 5 mins

sportjames23
02-12-2016, 08:49 PM
Lebron > Jordan
Jordan > Kobe
Lebron > Kobe

Sounds legit to me.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

ILLsmak
02-12-2016, 09:05 PM

I was pretty wet for Bron in 09 because I still thought he was just going through some early career struggles... not that he would do what he did time and again and that it was just 'what he was.'

I remember being seriously impressed by Bron in the same way I have been by Curry these days. All that being said, and knowing Bron was prolly going to be the best player in that series... I think the that Cavs team would get scraped vs that Lakers team. One of the few times I would say Bron had a pass for taking an L, along with his first finals.

Magic were worse, sure, but I can't see Cavs winning that. LA was really good back then, built for playoffs. They were too big for anyone else.

-Smak