PDA

View Full Version : Bron on Pop

Funktion
02-12-2016, 07:09 PM
http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2016/02/lebron_james_wishes_he_could_b.html

"I wish I could be around him every day so I could just pick his brain, what he does, what he thinks.

"I can't be there on a day-to-day basis. I wish I could."

"I believe I think the game, I'm not going to say in similar fashion, because he has more experience than me, but I think I have a high basketball IQ, so just, it's incredible to see what he does year after year after year with that franchise," James said.

VengefulAngel
02-12-2016, 07:11 PM
Lebron :applause:

I would have loved to have seen what Pop and Lebron could have achieved.

JT123
02-12-2016, 07:12 PM
But Lebron is uncoachable doe :oldlol:
How dare he now bow down to HOF coaches like Spo and Mike Brown! :rant

imdaman99
02-12-2016, 07:19 PM
He wishes he could be around him everyday, so he can scout him and pick the perfect spots to stab him in the back and try to get him fired.

kamil
02-12-2016, 07:20 PM
LOL, LeBald would have fired him before he'd learn anything from Pop.

Haymaker
02-12-2016, 07:26 PM
He wishes he could be around him everyday, so he can scout him and pick the perfect spots to stab him in the back and try to get him fired.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Lebronxrings
02-12-2016, 07:27 PM
lebron + pop would surpass bill Russells rings. I sincerely believe that.

rmt
02-12-2016, 07:32 PM
The question is whether Lebron would have allowed Pop to grow into the HOF coach he is today or whether he'd have lost patience with him (say during the Lakers' 3-peat) and had him fired. The reason Pop has complete control (and can experiment) is because his superstar fell in line.

warriorfan
02-12-2016, 07:35 PM
lmao Bron works in how he thinks he and pop think alike supposedly :lol

LeDelusional

Spurs m8
02-12-2016, 07:42 PM
"I wish I could be around him every day so I could just pick his brain, what he does, what he thinks.

Jesus christ, he really wants to be a Spur

rmt
02-12-2016, 08:09 PM

Jesus christ, he really wants to be a Spur

He's probably thinking, "LMA, Leonard and Pop - is that better than Love and Kyrie? And no Leonard hounding me, hmmm. Nah, the sure trip to the Finals in the East is better. I'm gonna break the consecutive Finals record."

InsanityKills
02-12-2016, 08:12 PM
If Pop made Duncan a top 10 player of all time, imagine what he would do with Lebron.

(HINT: GOAT)

Haymaker
02-12-2016, 08:16 PM
If Pop made Duncan a top 10 player of all time, imagine what he would do with Lebron.

(HINT: GOAT)

Not really. He would probably ask Bron to take less shots and play less minutes during the reg season (taking off a game here and there) to preserve his body for the playoffs.

smoovegittar
02-12-2016, 08:18 PM
I could see LeBron getting in line with a coach like Pop. Reminds me of when Phil recruited Shaq. "I saw all those golden balls, and said "Tell me what to do"".
Really, LeBron could use a good dose of humility. He's losing credibility on a steady basis.

Trollsmasher
02-12-2016, 08:22 PM
LeBron has always had problems with coaches who are too soft on him.

Brown, Blatt... Spo may be a mediocre coach at best but he got him to reinvent himself after 2011

Haymaker
02-12-2016, 08:33 PM
I could see LeBron getting in line with a coach like Pop. Reminds me of when Phil recruited Shaq. "I saw all those golden balls, and said "Tell me what to do"".
Really, LeBron could use a good dose of humility. He's losing credibility on a steady basis.

Bron would HATE IT in SA. I mean, they're not the partying happy go lucky teammates that he's used to. Pop won't let him have his own Billboards (He told this to Aldridge), and he just won't be able to play his Lebron game and grab ahold of the ball for so many minutes. Of course they would be winning most of the time but ultimately Bron loves being the hero, the brightest flame, and the Spurs philosophy just won't fly with that.

r0drig0lac
02-12-2016, 08:38 PM
Parker
Green
Kawhi
Lebron
LMA

:rockon:

PistonsFan#21
02-12-2016, 08:45 PM
Bron would HATE IT in SA. I mean, they're not the partying happy go lucky teammates that he's used to. Pop won't let him have his own Billboards (He told this to Aldridge), and he just won't be able to play his Lebron game and grab ahold of the ball for so many minutes. Of course they would be winning most of the time but ultimately Bron loves being the hero, the brightest flame, and the Spurs philosophy just won't fly with that.

Im sure he wouldnt mind switching up his game style if it meant getting 3-4 extra championships. He would need to be the one winning the Finals MVPs though

Funktion
02-12-2016, 08:52 PM
Could help him protect his FG % even more. Less shots, less minutes and games.

smoovegittar
02-12-2016, 09:14 PM

This reads more like you would hate it more than Bron :D

..but I'm just funnin'. It would be a big slice of humble pie.

Funktion
02-13-2016, 12:06 AM
"I believe I think the game, I'm not going to say in similar fashion, because he has more experience than me, but I think I have a high basketball IQ." James said.

https://giant.gfycat.com/WellmadeHorribleGar.gif

Kobe_6/8
02-13-2016, 12:22 AM
Popovich had some success keeping Rodman under control when he was assistant coach for San Antonio.

It sounds like Bron respects Pop's success, but I can't see them getting along as coach-player. Bron is the opposite of a system player.

AintNoSunshine
02-13-2016, 01:46 AM
Bron would have been a perenial champion had he played for Pop. There's no doubt about it.Dude went to the final all by himself, dragging a sht support cast and fking Mike Brown's fat azz while he was 22 himself

AintNoSunshine
02-13-2016, 01:48 AM
"I believe I think the game, I'm not going to say in similar fashion, because he has more experience than me, but I think I have a high basketball IQ." James said.

https://giant.gfycat.com/WellmadeHorribleGar.gif

That's one hideous muthafker:wtf:

Harison
02-13-2016, 02:16 AM
Bron always surrounds himself with entourage and YES-men. Pop would allow none of that, much like Riley didnt. Therefore Lebron wouldnt stick with Spurs even if he came there, as soon as things get tough he would run away to collude with Warriors or smth.