PDA

View Full Version : RUMOUR: orlando turned down a butler for oladipo deal

outbreak
02-13-2016, 12:10 AM
http://orlandomagicdaily.com/2016/02/12/nba-trade-deadline-rumors-orlando-magic-in-trade-talks-for-jimmy-butler/

Heard this earlier but didn't see any media until now. Rumour is apparently bulls offered butler for oladipo another player and a pick. Orlando said no which makes me think the other player unmentioned was gordon. Orlandos been talking to everyone about deals this deadline

Cocaine80s
02-13-2016, 12:14 AM
They really turned down Butler for Gordon+Oladipo??

OrLando :facepalm

outbreak
02-13-2016, 12:16 AM

And a first rounder. Id turn that down of you watch gordon he's going to be a stud

SwishSquared
02-13-2016, 12:18 AM
I'd do Mario + one of Dipo/Payton for Butler easily. I'd hold onto AG though. That's a pretty big ask by the Bulls though. They'd be better off tanking this year and letting Butler fully recuperate than trading him away.

If Buckets is on the move, you have to think that Philly, Portland, or Boston would also get in the conversation

Angel Face
02-13-2016, 12:23 AM
Seriously? why would the Bulls trade Jimmy. I smell tanking next season.

FireDavidKahn
02-13-2016, 12:40 AM
Gordon is Orlando's most valuable asset because of his immense potential, and then you want to top it off with Oladipo + first round pick?
Gordon doesn't have superstar potential, Butler is already an all star and going to be a perennial all star and one of the few great two way players in the league. Orlando lost out bigtime.

AirTupac
02-13-2016, 12:44 AM
Orlando is a joke :lol

outbreak
02-13-2016, 12:47 AM
Seriously? why would the Bulls trade Jimmy. I smell tanking next season.
Who knows if its true or actually got that far. Dipo, another player and a top 10 picks not bad if they do want to retool. A lot of orlandos young talent don't look that good on this team because of fit. If we do move a guy like dipo i expect people wll say we made a bad move when he looks better in his team then he does here

BasedTom
02-13-2016, 12:50 AM
the bulls going full turboretard mode smh

butler is the one guy they shouldn't be offering

Cocaine80s
Gordon doesn't have superstar potential, Butler is already an all star and going to be a perennial all star and one of the few great two way players in the league. Orlando lost out bigtime.
This.

I mean if it was Towns for Gordon I could see why the Magic turn it down but Butler is the best SG in the league right now

SwishSquared
Who knows if its true or actually got that far. Dipo, another player and a top 10 picks not bad if they do want to retool. A lot of orlandos young talent don't look that good on this team because of fit. If we do move a guy like dipo i expect people wll say we made a bad move when he looks better in his team then he does hereWhat's the minimum return you think Chicago wants? Harris/Dipo/'16 Orlando pick/LAL pick? I'd do that 10/10 times if I'm the Magic. I'd hold onto Butler unless he demands a trade if I'm the Bulls' management.

$LakerGold
02-13-2016, 01:00 AM
I don't get these deals at all if it were in fact true. How is 'Dipo any better than Butler?

Firing Thibs
Jimmy Butler trading block

Good shit.

longtime lurker
02-13-2016, 01:07 AM
Orlando is idiotic if they passed up this deal. No wonder shitty teams stay shitty.

DirkNowitzki41
02-13-2016, 01:11 AM
da ***? I thought this would be a rumor about a trade from 2 seasons ago not now.

makes no sense, why would the Bulls attempt to trade their star who they developed from a role player? Im not a huge Butler fan, but he could really help Orlando take that next step.. guy is a flat out star.

unless they asked for oladipo and vuc or gordon(kids a beast) then I see why I guess...

If true, pretty weird by both sides..

bluechox2
02-13-2016, 01:14 AM
gordon da future...thats highway robbery by the bulls

FreezingTsmoove
02-13-2016, 01:36 AM
If the trade really was Butler for Dipo Gordon then why the hell would Orlando accept?

outbreak
02-13-2016, 02:59 AM
Id do two of dipo harris vuc or fournier. Not gordon. Gordon won't be an offensive super star but he will be a two way beast

Jameerthefear
02-13-2016, 03:00 AM
this isn't a rumor. this is just made up. their source is some random twitter account with 100 followers

Black and White
02-13-2016, 03:52 AM
I have a hard time believing that the best two way SG in the league is on the trading block, unless Chicago want to tank.

If he is on the trading block however, I would be happy to look at moving a combo of Bradley, next years BKN 1st + other pieces for him, I want a player like Butler on our team.

outbreak
02-13-2016, 04:28 AM
this isn't a rumor. this is just made up. their source is some random twitter account with 100 followers
Original tweet was from a guy at brighthouse sports network florida. None of the nba rumours are true until they happen but it's still a rumour

ImKobe
02-13-2016, 04:34 AM
Orlando is stupid for not doing it if true

Butler arguably the best SG in the league with the way he can play on both ends...

r0drig0lac
02-13-2016, 05:53 AM
Orlando is idiotic if they passed up this deal. No wonder shitty teams stay shitty.
this

Jameerthefear
02-13-2016, 09:43 AM
Original tweet was from a guy at brighthouse sports network florida. None of the nba rumours are true until they happen but it's still a rumour
no it wasn't. this is literally a rumor started by 100 a twitter account with 100 people and people ran with it.

kurple
02-13-2016, 10:18 AM
And a first rounder. Id turn that down of you watch gordon he's going to be a stud
no way he's gonna be better than Butler

what are the Magic waiting for? no top10 player is gonna force his way there any time soon

nathanjizzle
02-13-2016, 10:36 AM
im glad that the bulls are shopping him around.

Human Error
02-13-2016, 02:39 PM
I think it was made up. Oladipo's value in the league is very limited, he is an undersized 2 guard who cannot shoot. In today's league it is impossible to start 2 backcourt players who cannot shoot. The Bulls should part ways with Rose, not Butler.

outbreak
02-13-2016, 02:53 PM
I think it was made up. Oladipo's value in the league is very limited, he is an undersized 2 guard who cannot shoot. In today's league it is impossible to start 2 backcourt players who cannot shoot. The Bulls should part ways with Rose, not Butler.
6'4 isnt really undersized and 35% from three is better than butlers three point percentage

FreezingTsmoove
02-13-2016, 02:55 PM
6'4 isnt really undersized and 35% from three is better than butlers three point percentage

6'4 is extremely undersized

outbreak
02-13-2016, 03:05 PM
6'4 is extremely undersized
Average is 6'5 according to statistics. Wing span also matters more. Dipo isn't some tiny undersized guy and his size doesnt hamper him. He's already a good defender, athletic, above average rebounder. His shooting is improving. His biggest problem is decision making and holding the ball too long. Early in the year it was getting to the line but last monthor so he's been better at that. He's not as good as butler of course but add in gordon and a top 10 pick and that's not a bad package of talent. Gordons more valuable than dipo. Gms love gordon but you need to watch him to see why

SwishSquared
02-13-2016, 03:23 PM
6'4 isnt really undersized and 35% from three is better than butlers three point percentageOne difference regarding their 3PAs though is that 'Dipo has taken a lot more corner 3s and 81.5% of his 3PMs are assisted (only 69.8% for Butler). That indicates that Butler takes more off the dribble 3s from longer distances and Dipo's attempts are from more optimal locations that are created by his teammates. I'd be better for Butler to take them from the corners and do less self-creating, but I think his lower overall 3P% is a result of carrying his team offensively moreso than 'Dipo does.

Just wanted to add some extra context into the thread- I don't disagree really with your post.

FreezingTsmoove
02-13-2016, 11:37 PM
orlando :applause:

kurple
02-13-2016, 11:40 PM
James White :applause:

jimmybball
02-14-2016, 04:13 AM

Butler isn't worth both of them, just 1.

outbreak
02-14-2016, 04:53 AM
Butler isn't worth both of them, just 1.
Plus a top 10 pick...

SwishSquared
02-14-2016, 12:33 PM
Plus a top 10 pick...It's probably a fake rumor, but Vuc or Harris would need to be involved from a salary matching standpoint, unless Chicago wants Frye/Watson/Smith, which I don't think is true.

So the frameworks of a trade could be Butler for Dipo/Harris/1st, which I do if I'm Henni. There's a good chance that Dipo's next contract is at least as much as Butler's.

HylianNightmare
02-14-2016, 03:12 PM
Dipo Gordon and a first? No thanks

Jameerthefear
02-14-2016, 03:13 PM
Dipo Gordon and a first? No thanks
You're finally on the Gordon wagon? :)