PDA

View Full Version : Jimmer wins the NBDL all-star game MVP and breaks the all time scoring record...

stalkerforlife
02-13-2016, 10:46 PM
13-19, 6-12, 3-3, 35 points in 25 minutes.

Still hasn't been called up.

Has never been given a legitimate opportunity to play consistently enough to find his rhythm.

And we all know why.

Cocaine80s
02-13-2016, 10:47 PM
Too good for d league, too weak for NBA

He would thrive in Europe

90sgoat
02-13-2016, 10:52 PM
damn shame breh

4 Inches
02-13-2016, 11:01 PM
Could have been Jerry West if he was born 50 years earlier.

sd3035
02-13-2016, 11:04 PM
The plight of the white man in America :(

ShawkFactory
02-13-2016, 11:05 PM
The system will never allow white men to prosper. We've been set up to fail and its bullshit.

masonanddixon
02-14-2016, 02:24 AM
If he were black he would've been afforded every opportunity to succeed in the NBA.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
02-14-2016, 02:29 AM
If he were black he would've been afforded every opportunity to succeed in the NBA.
He did have opportunity in the NBA

problem was his defense made Steve Nash look like Tony Allen and he was unplayable to any team with any aspirations to not be sht

Thunderfan86
02-14-2016, 02:29 AM
13-19, 6-12, 3-3, 35 points in 25 minutes.

Still hasn't been called up.

Has never been given a legitimate opportunity to play consistently enough to find his rhythm.

And we all know why.
Ummm.....why? :confusedshrug:

masonanddixon
02-14-2016, 02:35 AM
He did have opportunity in the NBA

problem was his defense made Steve Nash look like Tony Allen and he was unplayable to any team with any aspirations to not be sht

His defense is no worse than a JR Smith type of player. Every team can use a great shooter.

If he were black the scouting report would be 'athletic and excellent defensive potential...'

Noyze
02-14-2016, 02:43 AM
Rofl it's not because he's white. You gotta run this dude off 3 screens to free him up for a shot and he's absolutely terrible on defense. He's too small. JJ Reddick is a much better defender and moves well off ball.

masonanddixon
02-14-2016, 02:46 AM
Rofl it's not because he's white. You gotta run this dude off 3 screens to free him up for a shot and he's absolutely terrible on defense. He's too small. JJ Reddick is a much better defender and moves well off ball.

If he's so bad how is he managing to creampie the entire NBDL?

Cocaine80s
02-14-2016, 02:53 AM
If he's so bad how is he managing to creampie the entire NBDL?
Jeremy Lin also dominated the d league

masonanddixon
02-14-2016, 02:55 AM
[QUOTE=Cocaine80s]Jeremy Lin also dominated the d
And he's a solid NBA player.

Prime_Shaq
02-14-2016, 02:59 AM
I remember one NBA exec saying he wasn't making it in the NBA because he insist on being the focal point of offenses, I can't find that article right now. Will link if I can find it.

TripleA
02-14-2016, 03:07 AM
People still care about this guy.
People should move on Connaughton's bigger and better 44 inch vert baby.

theaussieguy
02-14-2016, 03:35 AM
its funny cos he recorded almost as fast times in the agility tests as some of the big name PG's in the league but hes still perceived as slow and unathletic. If Calderon/Andre Miller can get a roster spot, its a crime he cannot.

FKAri
02-14-2016, 03:43 AM
Dude is the best shooter I have ever seen. He's Curry level or higher.

He's just slow as phuck, trex arms, worse defense than WWII era Poland, and his lack of size gives him trouble finding space for his shot vs NBA size defenders.

He's a decent passer tho.

outbreak
02-14-2016, 04:56 AM
I remember one NBA exec saying he wasn't making it in the NBA because he insist on being the focal point of offenses, I can't find that article right now. Will link if I can find it.
This. Multiple articles have been out a bout. One had an assistant coach saying flat out he was a dumbass. Would ignore coaches and keep saying in college he did this and that. Its not just a lack of talent its a lack of mental capacity at a position where he has the ball in his hands and can dick it up for the whole offence

Cocaine80s
02-14-2016, 05:05 AM
This. Multiple articles have been out a bout. One had an assistant coach saying flat out he was a dumbass. Would ignore coaches and keep saying in college he did this and that. Its not just a lack of talent its a lack of mental capacity at a position where he has the ball in his hands and can dick it up for the whole offence
That's weird because he seemed like one of those overly nice coachable players coming into the draft

no pun intended
02-14-2016, 05:05 AM
The Spurs dropped this fool. That should say something about him already.

outbreak
02-14-2016, 05:24 AM
That's weird because he seemed like one of those overly nice coachable players coming into the draft
I guess things changed when he was told to not be the star of the team. I imagine it could be tough going from being the star and everyone riding your nuts to being a bench guy told to pass and only when open.

T_L_P
02-14-2016, 07:35 AM
The Spurs dropped this fool. That should say something about him already.

I was so scared that we might actually have kept him.

Thank God RC dropped this scrub like a hot potato.

sportjames23
02-14-2016, 11:16 AM

Was waiting for your post.

pastis
02-14-2016, 11:23 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Ww5HTU4MuC4/Uw5yOc3mw_I/AAAAAAAADMs/gSQ_WTma6Ag/s1600/1.gif

stalkerforlife
02-14-2016, 01:01 PM

Absolutely.

He's been black balled for unfair reasons.

TripleA
02-14-2016, 01:07 PM
Absolutely.

Gotta get over it just a fact of the NBA that the Black Brotherhood won't let any white player shine.

stalkerforlife
02-14-2016, 01:14 PM
Gotta get over it just a fact of the NBA that the Black Brotherhood won't let any white player shine.

Yeah.

bdreason
02-14-2016, 01:21 PM
He cant guard anyone. PG's go right around him, and SG's shoot right over him. I'm not saying he can't make it in the NBA, but he isn't the first talented offensive player to get benched for defense. JJ Redick is a more talented player than Jimmer, and it took him years to get his defense to the level of a legit rotation player. And Redick has a good 4 inches over Jimmer as well.

You Cant Ban Me
02-14-2016, 01:24 PM
we allow parsons and hayward to play in our league be happy with that...

VengefulAngel
02-14-2016, 01:35 PM
Is he good? Can the Cavs get him?

aquaadverse
02-14-2016, 02:20 PM
Absolutely.

Dude is a bust. White, Black, Green, Purple, Cinnamon, Brown. Bust Look at the stats.

postmupndunkit
02-14-2016, 02:21 PM
Could have been Jerry West if he was born 50 years earlier.

REPPED:bowdown

THE CHICAGO BULLS SURE CAN USE HIM.

STATUTORY
02-14-2016, 04:12 PM
this guy would be a 20/5/5 player in the nba if given the opportunity and under the right circumstances

outbreak
02-14-2016, 04:51 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/nba-news/4659033-jimmer-fredette-thinks-everybody-is-stupid-wont-adjust-nba-game

Lebron23
02-14-2016, 07:09 PM
His defense is no worse than a JR Smith type of player. Every team can use a great shooter.

If he were black the scouting report would be 'athletic and excellent defensive potential...'

This idiot thinks that JR Smith isn't a good defender. (Putang Ina mo). You need to watch more Cavaliers Game D1p$hit.

90sgoat
02-14-2016, 08:12 PM
This idiot thinks that JR Smith isn't a good defender. (Putang Ina mo). You need to watch more Cavaliers Game D1p$hit.

No swearing bro or I'm calling your mom.

coin24
02-14-2016, 08:19 PM

Not everyone is a diehard cavs fan like you..

I remember how happy you were when bran came back to play with your favourite player boobie Gibson Last season.. Oh wait:lol

Nick Young
02-14-2016, 08:31 PM
D-league GOAT.

Remember when Morris Almond was putting up 50 point games in the D-league like it was nothing?:lol

Jimmer is undersized and not capable of playing good D. His offense is not good enough to justify his weak defense.

He can be a 3rd stringer on a midlevel NBA team AT BEST.

In Euroleague he would probably be able to be an MVP like Trajan Langdon and Anthony Parker were.

In fact if Jimmer gets there soon enough, nothing is stopping him from becoming the Euroleague GOAT.

Nick Young
02-14-2016, 08:32 PM
this guy would be a 20/5/5 player in the nba if given the opportunity and under the right circumstances
20 PPG on Ricky Davis efficiency.

He would not be able to average 5 assists and 5 rebounds per game.

midatlantic09
02-14-2016, 11:11 PM
76ers should pick Jimmer up, let him play 25-30 min per game for a few weeks, and see what he can do. If things don't work out, he should just head overseas, dominate, and put himself in a position to command $3-4 million a year.

Euroleague
02-15-2016, 12:48 AM
Too good for d league, too weak for NBA

He would thrive in Europe

He isn't right for Euroleague at all. Defense is a must requirement in Euroleague, and if you are playing as a point guard (which he might have to), being able to truly run an offense is required or you won't see the court at all.

China is a better option for him. He could make tons of money there, and the teams would let him do whatever he wants to.

He would have to change his game a lot and improve a lot on defense to make any good money in Europe, where he would be competing with hundreds of good players for a very small amount of places in good teams.

Jimmer is basically the same player as Andrew Goudelock, except not as athletic, and Goudelock only lasted 2 years in Europe. He was cut by the first team he played on after one season, then the next team he played on cut him also after one season. Both teams had signed him to two year contracts with a team option buyout on the second year (1+1), and both teams could not wait to get rid of him as soon his first year with them was up.

Goudelock is in China now, and has a perfect situation. Guys like Goudelock and Jimmer are better off in China, or the NBA also, than they are in Europe.

Euroleague
02-15-2016, 12:55 AM
its funny cos he recorded almost as fast times in the agility tests as some of the big name PG's in the league but hes still perceived as slow and unathletic. If Calderon/Andre Miller can get a roster spot, its a crime he cannot.

See, this is the kind of issue right here that does prove the NBA is blatantly racist as hell against white players.

I see this made up lying bullshit all the time claimed also by people in these forums.....

"So and so white player from Europe" is "too slow and non athletic to hang with the vastly superior black athletes of the NBA".

Yet, guys like Andre Miller, Jason Kidd, and Steve Nash were playing point guard in the NBA in their late 30s.

Or how guys like Marcelo Huertas and Pablo Prigioni came to the NBA and got playing time, despite being considered a couple of the least athletic players in the whole entire Euroleague.

The whole "lacks athleticism" claim is an obvious red flag of very thinly veiled racism directed at any non black players.

Euroleague
02-15-2016, 12:58 AM

Spanoulis and Jasikevicvius had similar things said about them by "unnamed NBA executives" as to why they did not get a fair shot in the NBA.

Both of them said none of that was true numerous times in Europe, and that those claims about them were entirely fabricated. Jasikevicius has even said numerous times that he was willing to do play any role on his teams, and that they still made up those lies about him.

It's just a standard line of bullshit the NBA and its media shills use to cover for anytime a player is being railroaded.

Nick Young
02-15-2016, 12:59 AM
He isn't right for Euroleague at all. Defense is a must requirement in Euroleague, and if you are playing as a point guard (which he might have to), being able to truly run an offense is required or you won't see the court at all.
Then why is SpaNoulis "No D" Spanoulis the Euroleague GOAT?

Euroleague
02-15-2016, 01:02 AM
http://www.sportingnews.com/nba-news/4659033-jimmer-fredette-thinks-everybody-is-stupid-wont-adjust-nba-game

Again, Spanoulis and Jasikevicius said the NBA and its stooge media connections made up similar lies about them. In order to cover up for them being treated unfairly.

The situation with Jimmer could be different, because American white players do generally get a little more of a chance than white European players do from most NBA coaches, but I seriously doubt that it's any different at all.

It is pretty much word for word the same kind of bullshit they made up about Jasikevicius and Spanoulis. And every coach Spanoulis ever had in Europe has said he was the most easy to coach player they ever had, and willing to take any role in the team.

Euroleague
02-15-2016, 01:06 AM
D-league GOAT.

Remember when Morris Almond was putting up 50 point games in the D-league like it was nothing?:lol

Jimmer is undersized and not capable of playing good D. His offense is not good enough to justify his weak defense.

He can be a 3rd stringer on a midlevel NBA team AT BEST.

In Euroleague he would probably be able to be an MVP like Trajan Langdon and Anthony Parker were.

In fact if Jimmer gets there soon enough, nothing is stopping him from becoming the Euroleague GOAT.

Except that Langdon was never Euroleague MVP.

And except that Parker and Langdon are 100% opposite kind of players from Jimmer.

You are a ****ing moron. The only Euroleague players that are at all similar to Jimmer that I can think of are Jaycee Carroll and Andrew Goudelock. Goudelock was a complete disaster in Euroleague.

On the other hand, Carroll is a championship caliber role player in Euroleague, and he makes $2.9 million a year there (plus gets his house and car paid for). Carroll would be the guy that Jimmer would have to model himself after I think if he wanted to make it in Euroleague.

He has absolutely no similarity at all to Parker or Langdon as a player. Langdon was a tremendous defender.

Euroleague
02-15-2016, 01:07 AM
76ers should pick Jimmer up, let him play 25-30 min per game for a few weeks, and see what he can do. If things don't work out, he should just head overseas, dominate, and put himself in a position to command $3-4 million a year.

He can't make $3-4 million a year in China. And that's the only place he's "dominating" "overseas."

Euroleague
02-15-2016, 01:11 AM
Then why is SpaNoulis "No D" Spanoulis the Euroleague GOAT?

Even Jeff Van Gundy said Spanoulis was a great defensive player. He's one of the best defenders I have ever seen.

In fact, I think he's much better on defense than he is on offense. You are a true idiot.

Nick Young
02-15-2016, 01:13 AM
Even Jeff Van Gundy said Spanoulis was a great defensive player. He's one of the best defenders I have ever seen.

In fact, I think he's much better on defense than he is on offense. You are a true idiot.
Why couldn't great defensive player Spanoulis beat out Rafer Alston-a man Van Gundy hated-for the starting spot?

ShawkFactory
02-15-2016, 01:35 AM
Except that Langdon was never Euroleague MVP.

And except that Parker and Langdon are 100% opposite kind of players from Jimmer.

You are a ****ing moron. The only Euroleague players that are at all similar to Jimmer that I can think of are Jaycee Carroll and Andrew Goudelock. Goudelock was a complete disaster in Euroleague.

On the other hand, Carroll is a championship caliber role player in Euroleague, and he makes $2.9 million a year there (plus gets his house and car paid for). Carroll would be the guy that Jimmer would have to model himself after I think if he wanted to make it in Euroleague.

He has absolutely no similarity at all to Parker or Langdon as a player. Langdon was a tremendous defender.
Goudelock was a complete disaster?

Milbuck
02-15-2016, 01:46 AM

LMFAO

Spanoulis is a dogshit defender, literally the worst defender I've ever seen in my life and I've been watching both the NBA and Euroleague for 23 years now. Dude was a complete liability this summer. Him not being able to guard a chair let alone a living, breathing basketball player was one of the main reasons Greece lost to Spain....after his shameless chucking offensively of course :lol :lol

Nick Young
02-15-2016, 02:03 AM
Holy shit NBA scrub Andrew Gaudelock went to Euroleague and started putting up 30 point games and winning Euroleague Player of the Week awards. He even lead his team to the Euroleague final four and scored 24 points in the elimination game. Sounds like Gaudelock was a superstar over there:lol :lol :lol

[QUOTE]On July 2, 2014, Goudelock signed a two-year deal with the Turkish Basketball League team Fenerbah

Euroleague
02-15-2016, 08:37 PM

Yes he was. He absolutely destroyed both teams he played on, and both of them cut him after one year.

And Eurohoops.net even did a poll about him on their website and freaking Bobby Dixon was voted as a better player than him by a gigantic landslide.

Goudelock was probably the single biggest chemistry and team destroyer and on court cancer to play in Euroleague.

Euroleague
02-15-2016, 08:38 PM
LMFAO

Spanoulis is a dogshit defender, literally the worst defender I've ever seen in my life and I've been watching both the NBA and Euroleague for 23 years now. Dude was a complete liability this summer. Him not being able to guard a chair let alone a living, breathing basketball player was one of the main reasons Greece lost to Spain....after his shameless chucking offensively of course :lol :lol

This is the same guy that on the Bucks' forum on realgm.com claimed that he had never seen Spanoulis play a game, and that he had never seen a Euroleague or EuroBasket game in his entire life.

It's also the same guy that claimed in this forum once that he is 14 years old.

Euroleague
02-15-2016, 08:39 PM
Holy shit NBA scrub Andrew Gaudelock went to Euroleague and started putting up 30 point games and winning Euroleague Player of the Week awards. He even lead his team to the Euroleague final four and scored 24 points in the elimination game. Sounds like Gaudelock was a superstar over there:lol :lol :lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Goudelock#Fenerbah.C3.A7e_.C3.9Clker

The instant sign of a mega troll - they have to use Wikipedia to even know what anything related to the Euroleague is.

Congrats on proving you are a lying sack of shit.

postmupndunkit
02-15-2016, 11:24 PM
Simmer Rocks:rockon: