PDA

View Full Version : why is kevin hart shoved down our throats during Allstar EVERY YEAR?

HeatFanSince88
02-13-2016, 10:49 PM
seriously it's the most cringe shit and hes everywhere in all of the events. I dont think ive ever met anyone that actually found him funny. though i will admit it was unintentionally funny that this guy actually tied allstar Draymond green in threes made. :roll:

Funktion
02-13-2016, 10:53 PM
Commercials with Draymond, movie plugs. Good marketing for him.

Hittin_Shots
02-13-2016, 10:57 PM
You and all the people you have met suck

navy
02-13-2016, 10:58 PM
Because he's a celebrity willing to join in the festivities. If you want other people tell them to sign up

stalkerforlife
02-13-2016, 10:59 PM
He's funny.

FreezingTsmoove
02-13-2016, 11:05 PM
I was fine with it until he joined commentary

You can tell nobody wants him there. You could even hear Kenny call him unfunny

Vragrant
02-13-2016, 11:07 PM

Yeah the energy is completely different, and not in a good way

Terahite
02-13-2016, 11:09 PM
Kevin Hart sold out his beast coast comedy roots for the Hollywood dung hill. Everything he's been in since he blew up has been a shitty moneygrab. Patrice O'Neal rolling over in his grave at this little *****.

Wally450
02-13-2016, 11:17 PM
I find him funny.

Lebronxrings
02-13-2016, 11:20 PM
hes lame. Hes like that retarded kid in high school who yells stupid shit so people will recognize him.

4 Inches
02-13-2016, 11:22 PM
He is a black comedian that is not threatening to white folk.
Adam Silver's dream:bowdown:

RedBlackAttack
02-13-2016, 11:43 PM
Kevin Hart sold out his beast coast comedy roots for the Hollywood dung hill. Everything he's been in since he blew up has been a shitty moneygrab. Patrice O'Neal rolling over in his grave at this little *****.
So... are you saying he was actually funny at one point in is life? If so, can you provide video evidence? It's just hard to believe, because he is so painfully unfunny.

!@#$%Vectors!@#
02-13-2016, 11:54 PM

Srs though Are u WHite?

plowking
02-14-2016, 12:04 AM
What is so unlikable about Kevin Hart? Dude doesn't take himself seriously and is quick witted as hell.

How in the hell did some of you not crack up when he had a dig at Spike Lee...

"Is that whole outfit velvet?"...

I lost my shit. :oldlol:

4 Inches
02-14-2016, 12:06 AM
Srs though Are u WHite?
I'm chinese

WayOfWade
02-14-2016, 12:09 AM
I liked his competition with draymond, but other than that the whole gimmick was kinda stupid

HenryGarfunkle
02-14-2016, 12:09 AM

This

He's ok if he's not commentating the actual contest. Leave it to Reggie, Kenny, and Chuck

We don't want jokes about Shaqs suit when we're focusing on an incredible athletic duel

BurningHammer
02-14-2016, 12:19 AM
KH's loyalty is up there next to Dwayne Johnson to WWE.

He doesn't really have to return at this point of his career but he still keeps coming back.

Timmy D for MVP
02-14-2016, 12:20 AM
At first I thought well he's big and loves the NBA and is willing to do it so maybe they called him...

But now I'm convinced he's forcing himself into these situations on his own.

Black and White
02-14-2016, 12:24 AM
He gets enough exposure in the celebrity all-star game tbh, I'm all for using celebrities as a draw but this dude on commentary is god awful

JimmyMcAdocious
02-14-2016, 12:25 AM
Don't blame him. His career has a short shelf life and he's making the most out of his spotlight.

NBA needs to **** off.

Hopper15
02-14-2016, 12:25 AM
He's shoved down our throats in every movie as well and his acting sucks.

FKAri
02-14-2016, 12:31 AM

There hasn't been a "threatening" black comedian in decades...well except for Cosby

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
02-14-2016, 12:33 AM
Overrated comedian, soldout to the enemy
only high schoolers fck with his comedy

dazzer87
02-14-2016, 12:33 AM
black version of Dane Cook.....

Bosnian Sajo
02-14-2016, 12:34 AM
People always wanna hate on someone who's popping, smh. Although I agree he was lackluster as a commentator, the dude is legit funny.

warriorfan
02-14-2016, 01:42 AM
some of kevin hart's stand ups from a few years ago were pretty funny

inclinerator
02-14-2016, 01:47 AM
the way he did in the 3 point shootout he deserved it this year

PWB15
02-14-2016, 01:49 AM
He's funny.

Funny looking

oarabbus
02-14-2016, 04:32 AM
I don't find him particularly funny but don't understand what is so dislikable about the guy that it bothers some of you here

joshwake
02-14-2016, 02:02 PM
He and Shaq should go hang out, do some coke, get some hookers and never come back. Both those guys ruin the chemistry everyone else has.

ArbitraryWater
02-14-2016, 02:06 PM
I thought he was funny as hell.. chemistry is just fine, he and Kenny have this lil thing going on dating back 1-2 years, it's hilarious actually.

VengefulAngel
02-14-2016, 02:07 PM
I don't find him particularly funny but don't understand what is so dislikable about the guy that it bothers some of you here

He's hard working, ISH member's don't understand it.

SwishSquared
02-14-2016, 02:12 PM
When he joined the broadcast a couple years ago on TNT it was hilarious. He had everybody rolling (I think it was at ASW but not 100% sure). He's also good friends with Shaq, so based on him doing well in prior broadcasts and his relationship with Diesel, I guess they like what he brings to the table. Dude generates buzz during some events that could be mundane, so I think TNT/ESPN/NBA wanted to have him as a backup draw in case any events were a dud.

They need to stop using him during the celebrity game though. That shtick got played out like 3 years ago. I thought he had some good commentary during the events yesterday though. He's definitely more funny than Shaq on it since he thinks of cracks and jokes a lot faster.

I also did think that his comedy was a little better when he a more mellow stage presence. Like his 2nd big CC show iirc was the one in Cleveland like 6 years ago- that was the best combination of his wit/yelling/story-telling. Dude slayed that special.

Genaro
02-14-2016, 02:31 PM
Are we finna talk crap about Kevin but we won't talk about Kenny "Jimmy Two Times" Smith? The freaking guy says everything twice and maybe even 3 or 4 times, it's annoying AF.

k0kakw0rld
02-14-2016, 02:34 PM
He's funny.
Funny is when you are effortlessly. I mean look at Dave Chapelle. No need to scream that loud or act like an idiot to be funny. I personally thinks he tries way too hard to be funny. He is funny sometimes but not all the time. He is making a lot of money and probaby more than any other comedian ever. But he is still not the best comedian ever tho!

NZStreetBaller
02-14-2016, 02:52 PM
I'm chinese

That explains the username.

Rake2204
02-14-2016, 03:14 PM
I don't find him particularly funny but don't understand what is so dislikable about the guy that it bothers some of you hereYeah, humor is in the eye of the beholder so I try not to be too rough on him. But he just kind of strikes me as, I don't know... almost like a modern day clown, but not quite a clever. Like, everything about his schtick feels rehearsed, super forced, unclever, and over the top — like something Dwight Howard would aspire to be. But there's obviously a market for that so I can't be mad at anyone for it, really. People like what they like.

That said, for my personal interests, I wish he were never involved in the All-Star events. I felt kind of embarrassed during the years where I would make a point to watch the dunk contest only to see Kevin Hart pretending to be a mailman during a pre-dunk skit, leaving me feeling like, "Yep, this is my life."

In all honesty, I didn't completely mind him on the commentary team because he seemed to dial it down and he came off a little more naturally. He gives off a vibe that if you knew him outside of all the acting madness that he's probably a very witty and chilled out hilarious dude. However, to his credit, he found a formula to making heavy bank (obnoxious simple humor, not that there's anything wrong with that) and he's riding it for as long as he can.

swagga
02-14-2016, 03:21 PM
[QUOTE=Rake2204]Yeah, humor is in the eye of the beholder so I try not to be too rough on him. But he just kind of strikes me as, I don't know... almost like a modern day clown, but not quite a clever. Like, everything about his schtick feels rehearsed, super forced, unclever, and over the top

RedBlackAttack
02-14-2016, 03:35 PM
[QUOTE=Rake2204]Yeah, humor is in the eye of the beholder so I try not to be too rough on him. But he just kind of strikes me as, I don't know... almost like a modern day clown, but not quite a clever. Like, everything about his schtick feels rehearsed, super forced, unclever, and over the top

STATUTORY
02-14-2016, 04:07 PM
white people love him

look at them movies starring him and the neutered actor formerly known as Ice Cube

:facepalm

NattyPButter
02-14-2016, 04:46 PM

It's because he's a black comedian and this board is predominantly white. People here want Will Ferrell:roll:

Spurs m8
02-14-2016, 04:53 PM
Its disgusting, he's not at all funny.

I don't get american comedy sometimes, its just so shit and unfunny hahah

Spurs m8
02-14-2016, 04:54 PM
It's because he's a black comedian and this board is predominantly white. People here want Will Ferrell:roll:

You think a midget is funny coz he talks too loud.
Nothing he says is actually funny.

That shit with Draymond was so cringey

kamil
02-14-2016, 04:55 PM
The guy isn't funny at all. All of his movies are garbage... especially his black focused bastardization of 'Death at a Funeral'

Pushxx
02-14-2016, 05:00 PM
Kevin Hart is smarter than he lets on which is why his style nets him the success he has. And for the people saying Kenny Smith is annoying...Kenny is like that friend who takes everything a little too seriously and can be a little annoying but he's intelligent and you're always happy to have him in the group.

It's Shaq who has needed to leave the TNT squad for a while now.

Flower_
02-14-2016, 05:04 PM
He is funny and he tied with Green in the 3-point shooting contest. F***** Green can't do shit without Curry he can't even beat 5'4 comedian.

AngelEyes
02-14-2016, 05:04 PM
Kevin Hart is smarter than he lets on which is why his style nets him the success he has. And for the people saying Kenny Smith is annoying...Kenny is like that friend who takes everything a little too seriously and can be a little annoying but he's intelligent and you're always happy to have him in the group.

It's Shaq who has needed to leave the TNT squad for a while now.

Inside the NBA is Charles Barkley's show. It's been that way since he first started with TNT back in 2000. Without him it just doesn't work and it's just another pregame show. He made it what it was.

ArbitraryWater
02-14-2016, 05:15 PM
He is funny and he tied with Green in the 3-point shooting contest. F***** Green can't do shit without Curry he can't even beat 5'4 comedian.

he beat him actually

tomtucker
02-14-2016, 06:11 PM
That explains the username.
:oldlol: :applause:

HenryGarfunkle
02-14-2016, 06:14 PM
he beat him actually
Didn't he just tie him?

Regardless that whole bit was embarrassing. Funny how all these Golden State dudes choke as individuals but as a team they're maybe the best of all time.

Fill up a team full of betas and you get 73-9. Crazy.

AngelEyes
02-14-2016, 06:16 PM
Didn't he just tie him?

Regardless that whole bit was embarrassing. Funny how all these Golden State dudes choke as individuals but as a team they're maybe the best of all time.

Fill up a team full of betas and you get 73-9. Crazy.

They keep saying he beat him but I think that last ball he shot was a regular basketball and not a bonus basketball. He was one behind and shot a regular ball to tie.

HenryGarfunkle
02-14-2016, 06:18 PM
They keep saying he beat him but I think that last ball he shot was a regular basketball and not a bonus basketball. He was one behind and shot a regular ball to tie.
Yeah, that's what I remember.

Then they come out a ginormous trophy with Green's face on it. :lol :facepalm

So awkward.

1987_Lakers
02-14-2016, 06:28 PM

AngelEyes
02-14-2016, 06:30 PM
That's why I find Barkley hilarious, he can make you laugh by just having a normal conversation with you, while guys like Kevin Hart & Shaq need to act like clowns to be funny.

Barkley is a natural though. He is just extremely charismatic. Shaq is more like a class clown, he can be funny but usually he's better when he isn't trying too hard. Hart is funny in the same way Adam Sandler movies are funny (excluding Happy Gilmore & Billy Madison) which is not at all.

Kobe_6/8
02-14-2016, 06:44 PM
I guess he still attracts a wide audience. Dude's entire routine revolves around his height. He also has no improv skills, his **** seems scripted.