PDA

View Full Version : Who put Shaq on the judging panel?

Black and White
02-14-2016, 12:30 AM
Dude was awful

SugarHill
02-14-2016, 12:32 AM
He actually made it much better. He's an entertainer through and through

Jameerthefear
02-14-2016, 12:34 AM
He actually made it much better. He's an entertainer through and through
By giving a Gordon a 9? F*ck that dude. Chuck called his ass out too on his salty shit on Orlando

Milbuck
02-14-2016, 12:34 AM
It was obnoxious at the time but it added some spice to the contest. Sparked it a bit. Those specific scores by Shaq weren't the difference makers in the end. Literally the only problem with this contest was not giving Gordon a 50 to push it to another round.

Funktion
02-14-2016, 12:36 AM
Gave Lavine a 9 too. :lol

JimmyMcAdocious
02-14-2016, 12:37 AM
I'm glad it ended when it did. Seemed like they were out of ideas and the last thing we needed was those assholes taking 3-5 tries to get off a dunk then settle for some basic shit. Ended with some hype, as it always should.

Shaq was alright. net positive, for once. Woke up the dead Toronto crowd (which was garbage btw, for such a good Sat).

SwishSquared
02-14-2016, 12:38 AM
It was obnoxious at the time but it added some spice to the contest. Sparked it a bit. Those specific scores by Shaq weren't the difference makers in the end. Literally the only problem with this contest was not giving Gordon a 50 to push it to another round.
I think you can gripe with Lavine getting the same score for doing a worse version of AG's earlier dunk though. AG should have gotten a 50 on his last one though- that thing was sick, especially in slo mo. That's more a general thing. I kinda liked in past years when Kenny was a judge but was still mic'd up.

Milbuck
02-14-2016, 12:44 AM
I think you can gripe with Lavine getting the same score for doing a worse version of AG's earlier dunk though. AG should have gotten a 50 on his last one though- that thing was sick, especially in slo mo. That's more a general thing. I kinda liked in past years when Kenny was a judge but was still mic'd up.
Yeah the problem is the 50 limit. Gordon's was better but Lavine's 360 scoop was absolutely a 50 worthy dunk even if it was a blander version, I can't fault them for not adjusting to Gordon's dunk because in a vacuum Zach's dunk totally deserved it. The problem is there is no situation where a double pump reverse should get less than a 50, that was just ridiculous. Like three of the judges even waited for the slomo and STILL didn't think it was a 10..?

DMV2
02-14-2016, 12:46 AM
those two 9's got the crowd into it. he got booed.

AG and Zach fed off that crowd.

Shaq and the booing was an afterthought moments later.

SwishSquared
02-14-2016, 12:51 AM
Yeah the problem is the 50 limit. Gordon's was better but Lavine's 360 scoop was absolutely a 50 worthy dunk even if it was a blander version, I can't fault them for not adjusting to Gordon's dunk because in a vacuum Zach's dunk totally deserved it. The problem is there is no situation where a double pump reverse should get less than a 50, that was just ridiculous. Like three of the judges even waited for the slomo and STILL didn't think it was a 10..?That's a good point about the 50 limit. I just feel that if you get penalized for taking more than 1 attempt, then you should get penalized for doing a less impressive version of a competitor's earlier dunk, I guess. That's kinda an arbitrary rating system on my part, but Shaq started it lol.

In a vacuum though I 100% agree with you.

AG got robbed of another round. I mean if the judges aren't going to be bothered to realize how great that was it's ridiculous. They still were churning out great dunks. Were they that desperate to switch over to the SI programming lol?

BurningHammer
02-14-2016, 12:54 AM
While it made him looks even more like a big douche, Shaq was entertaining.

Nothing's wrong with having your own unique opinion. Chuck might even try what Shaq did if he was a judge.

Bless Mathews
02-14-2016, 01:09 AM
Y'all are straight up idiots.

I'm glad Shaq gave them 9's.

THEY DIDNT MAKE IT ON THEIR FIRST ATTEMPT.

he was consistent.

Y'all are straight idiots.

I agree with him. No way you should get a 10 if you miss.

Y'all realize that 10 is perfect right? 10/10 means 100%. No flaws.

Missing your first attempt is not perfect.

FUCCIN idiots.

I applaude Shaq for doing what he did.

Should be judged that way.

zoom17
02-14-2016, 01:14 AM
Shaq made it more entertaining.

outbreak
02-14-2016, 01:29 AM
Y'all are straight up idiots.

I'm glad Shaq gave them 9's.

THEY DIDNT MAKE IT ON THEIR FIRST ATTEMPT.

he was consistent.

Y'all are straight idiots.

I agree with him. No way you should get a 10 if you miss.

Y'all realize that 10 is perfect right? 10/10 means 100%. No flaws.

Missing your first attempt is not perfect.

FUCCIN idiots.

I applaude Shaq for doing what he did.

Should be judged that way.
So if someone jumped over the backboard and did a flip and blew physics away but took two tries it gets a 9?

Bless Mathews
02-14-2016, 01:34 AM
So if someone jumped over the backboard and did a flip and blew physics away but took two tries it gets a 9?

You're dumb.

Take the slay and keep it pushin.

10/10 means perfect. Missing your first attempt is not perfect.

Period.

Point blank.

Next...

outbreak
02-14-2016, 01:39 AM
You're dumb.

Take the slay and keep it pushin.

10/10 means perfect. Missing your first attempt is not perfect.

Period.

Point blank.

Next...
Then **** if every contestant gets one attempt if they miss its a zero. Your criteria doesn't factor in defree of difficulty. You think ab easy dunk done first go is better than a tough dunk second go then that's stupid. There's a reason the olympics factors in degree of difficulty to diving and gymnastics otherwise noone would push themselves

Bless Mathews
02-14-2016, 01:45 AM
Then **** if every contestant gets one attempt if they miss its a zero. Your criteria doesn't factor in defree of difficulty. You think ab easy dunk done first go is better than a tough dunk second go then that's stupid. There's a reason the olympics factors in degree of difficulty to diving and gymnastics otherwise noone would push themselves

Got damn your dumb.

A zero????

What?

No.

How do you even come up wit dat logic out of that?

:facepalm

Dunk "A" is attempted and missed. Then attempt that is made its not perfect.

How do you not understand basic common sense.

zoom17
02-14-2016, 01:51 AM
Got damn your dumb.

A zero????

What?

No.

Slayed.

outbreak
02-14-2016, 01:52 AM
Got damn your dumb.

A zero????

What?

No.

Because that ignores degree of difficulty which every other sport that's a subjective score factors in. God damn you are retarded if you can't grasp what the entire world of sports alreadg has.

Bless Mathews
02-14-2016, 02:38 AM
Because that ignores degree of difficulty which every other sport that's a subjective score factors in. God damn you are retarded if you can't grasp what the entire world of sports alreadg has.

So a niggah that belly flops on a dive that's a higher degree of difficulty than someone that does a lower degree of difficulty flawlessly is gonna get a higher score??((

Damn. You just need to not reply, log off your moms computer, put your Mario brothers Jammies on, and Just go to bed.

Night night skippy.

Im Still Ballin
02-14-2016, 02:40 AM
rEal f0nky like a h0nky

Bless Mathews
02-14-2016, 02:41 AM
rEal f0nky like a h0nky

Over/under years until niners make playoffs again?