PDA

View Full Version : Why do people think it's racist there are no blacks in the Oscar nominations, but not

Westbrook0
02-14-2016, 12:56 AM
that there are no white people on the All-Star team?

Jameerthefear
02-14-2016, 01:05 AM
which white players did u think should have made it?

nba_55
02-14-2016, 01:09 AM
Didn't many black people win oscars the year with 12 years a slave?

tmacattack33
:facepalm

Because the voters of the NBA all-star team are not 98% black (and the oscar nominators and voters are all apparently white and over age 40).

Cocaine80s
Why dont you blame the voters? The Oscars has people that decide who the nominees are. In the all star game anyone can be voted in

navy
02-14-2016, 01:10 AM
Because white people are inferior in every aspect.

DMV2
02-14-2016, 01:10 AM
Pau took injured Butler's place, so there is a white player on the ASG now.

Jameerthefear
02-14-2016, 01:11 AM
Pau took injured Butler's place.
yeah forgot about this. so op's thread is wrong anyways

90sgoat
02-14-2016, 01:14 AM

:lol

:rolleyes:

Westbrook0
02-14-2016, 01:14 AM
Why dont you blame the voters? The Oscars has people that decide who the nominees are. In the all star game anyone can be voted in

Fans don't decide the all-star bench players.

FreezingTsmoove
02-14-2016, 01:15 AM
Pau Gasol? And LebRon is basically an oreo at this point

zoom17
02-14-2016, 01:16 AM
http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/russell-westbrook.jpg

navy
02-14-2016, 01:16 AM
White coaches do.

Jameerthefear
02-14-2016, 01:17 AM
Yeah, coaches do. There are, what, 3 black coaches in the NBA?

HenryGarfunkle
02-14-2016, 01:19 AM
I'll grab you by the neck and choke you to death

Get this racist garbage the **** off this forum, prick.

JimmyMcAdocious
02-14-2016, 01:35 AM
Gasol and Klay.

Cocaine80s
02-14-2016, 01:37 AM
Gasol and Klay.
You count Klay but not Curry?

zoom17
02-14-2016, 01:38 AM
Gasol and Klay.

??

AirBonner
02-14-2016, 02:03 AM
Not true. Luke Walton has a brilliant basketball mind and was a smarter player then 90% of the league. These hybrids (Curry, Thompson) have the ultimate combination black athletics + white brain.

AceManIII
02-14-2016, 02:23 AM
#Oscarssowhite

masonanddixon
02-14-2016, 02:25 AM

Get off this board you racist.

JtotheIzzo
02-14-2016, 02:27 AM

except at running things and budgeting money

AirBonner
02-14-2016, 03:15 AM
except at running things and budgeting money
allen Iverson proves this

WayOfWade
02-14-2016, 03:33 AM
Because black players are generally better at basketball, so this was bound to happen at some point. As to the actual why Black people are better at the sport, I know not. However it also has to do with most offspring of a white and black parent are classified as black, thus making it harder for white blood to be recognized

masonanddixon
02-14-2016, 04:19 AM
Because black players are generally better at basketball, so this was bound to happen at some point. As to the actual why Black people are better at the sport, I know not. However it also has to do with most offspring of a white and black parent are classified as black, thus making it harder for white blood to be recognized

You mean:

Mulatto
Quadroon
Octoroon

Those are all clear classifications.

Donkey4trading
02-14-2016, 04:35 AM

and white people are generally better at acting

midatlantic09
02-14-2016, 09:26 AM
and white people are generally better at acting

No, whites aren't better at acting.

The reason blacks don't often get nominated for mainstream movie awards is because most black actors and actresses usually appear in movies that the average older white person can't identify with or has little/no interest in due to the movie subject matter (e.g. Straight Outta Compton). As a result, even if a black actor/actress does a terrific job, if it's in a movie that appeals to mostly non-whites, they probably won't win any awards since the majority of those awarding the awards are white and over the age of 45. It isn't by coincidence that 95% of movies receiving awards are very white movies that appeal to mostly whites (e.g. Titantic).

StephHamann
02-14-2016, 09:51 AM
Last time i checked white stud Steph Curry was an allstar. :coleman:

FLDFSU
02-14-2016, 04:43 PM
I don't know if people are trying to be funny, but under no definition, is Curry white. Neither is mother nor his father is white. If Curry got arrested tomorrow, he would be considered, both legally and socially, as a black man.

Thompson is in fact mixed. However, I do find it funny that whites are suddenly calling him white. Are whites really that pathetic that they go from: "You cannot be considered white if you have even one black person going back 4 generations in your bloodline" to if you have a black father, we will still consider you white. LMAO.

And just as with Curry, Thompson would be given the black treatment if he were arrested tomorrow.

But what else is new in the moronic racist world of white people.

TaLvsCuaL
02-14-2016, 05:17 PM
I don't know if people are trying to be funny, but under no definition, is Curry white. Neither is mother nor his father is white. If Curry got arrested tomorrow, he would be considered, both legally and socially, as a black man.

Thompson is in fact mixed. However, I do find it funny that whites are suddenly calling him white. Are whites really that pathetic that they go from: "You cannot be considered white if you have even one black person going back 4 generations in your bloodline" to if you have a black father, we will still consider you white. LMAO.

And just as with Curry, Thompson would be given the black treatment if he were arrested tomorrow.

If you are mulatto but you are rich, famous and a great athlete, you are white. But if you are a poor mulatto from the hood, you're a negro. That's simple :lol

pastis
02-14-2016, 05:21 PM
I'll grab you by the neck and choke you to death

Get this racist garbage the **** off this forum, prick.

this. fvck navy and pointguard

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-14-2016, 05:24 PM

What are you on about, buckwheat? :oldlol:

Relax and and go find a LeBron thread to defend his honor in.

Nick Young
02-14-2016, 05:24 PM
It should be atleast 50/50 black and white, just like the Oscars should be.

TaLvsCuaL
02-14-2016, 05:26 PM
this. fvck navy and pointguard
Sadly this forum is full of racists, but Jeff don't care until you touch the jews.

Genaro
02-14-2016, 06:00 PM
Black people are barking up the wrong tree. The whole problem isn't about nominations, it's about good movies not being made by black actors (except Will Smith who can make whatever movie he wants and now is just pissed he didn't get nominated). When black actors start to appear in a lot of movies made by good directors, they'll be nominated, but in order to that to happen it'll be need a cultural change in witch the people with money decide to finance movies with black actors.

robert de niro
02-14-2016, 06:05 PM
No, whites aren't better at acting.

The reason blacks don't often get nominated for mainstream movie awards is because most black actors and actresses usually appear in movies that the average older white person can't identify with or has little/no interest in due to the movie subject matter (e.g. Straight Outta Compton). As a result, even if a black actor/actress does a terrific job, if it's in a movie that appeals to mostly non-whites, they probably won't win any awards since the majority of those awarding the awards are white and over the age of 45. It isn't by coincidence that 95% of movies receiving awards are very white movies that appeal to mostly whites (e.g. Titantic).
are you saying straight outta compton is oscar-worthy?

k0kakw0rld
02-14-2016, 06:16 PM
Kevin Love

You Cant Ban Me
02-14-2016, 07:29 PM
pretty much this

You Cant Ban Me
02-14-2016, 07:32 PM
Not true. Luke Walton has a brilliant basketball mind and was a smarter player then 90% of the league. These hybrids (Curry, Thompson) have the ultimate combination black athletics + white brain.
so you admit we are physically superior just counting the body and not the brain?

black excellence