PDA

View Full Version : How did Gordon's reverse pump dunk not get a 50?

warriorfan
02-14-2016, 12:59 AM
That shit was crazy in real time but in slow mo it was next level

never seen anyone bring the ball anywhere close to as far with two hands

how was that not a 50?

raprap
02-14-2016, 01:01 AM
High way robbery. That was more so a 50 than the last dunk of Lavine imo

outbreak
02-14-2016, 01:02 AM
No chance their boy lavine loses

Jameerthefear
02-14-2016, 01:02 AM
because this shit was rigged and the whole timberpups team was freaking out on the sideline

tmacattack33
02-14-2016, 01:05 AM
I think sometimes people don't even realize what happened.

The dunkers should get a chance to be on the mic for 10 seconds right before the dunk to explain what they're gonna do.

Gordon: "Alright everybody, right here i'm gonna do a fake tomahawk dunk then transition it into a double pump reverse dunk..."

If he got to say that, the judges certainly woulda understood what happened and he woulda gotten all 10's.

Like how in figure skating in the olympics, i think the judges are given written descriptions of what the skater is gonna attempt to do. So then when they see it they don't miss it.

Jameerthefear
02-14-2016, 01:06 AM

The dunkers should get a chance to be on the mic for 10 seconds right before the dunk to explain what they're gonna do.

Gordon: "Alright everybody, right here i'm gonna do a fake tomahawk dunk then transition it into a double pump reverse dunk..."

If he got to say that, the judges certainly woulda understood what happened and he woulda gotten all 10's.

Like how in figure skating in the olympics, i think the judges are given written descriptions of what the skater is gonna attempt to do. So then when they see it they don't miss it.
They shouldn't miss it regardless. They see a big ass slow mo replay afterwards

Cocaine80s
02-14-2016, 01:13 AM
He did it in high school too but no one went that crazy over it. I think its a dunk that looks way better on camera

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bixUtH9lEO0

JimmyMcAdocious
02-14-2016, 01:21 AM
Nice ****ing dunk. Gets better with each viewing, but needs to be watched slowed down. Reminds me if that one Iggy dunk? Or Derozan. One of those two where it wasn't properly cherished when it happened live.

warriorfan
02-14-2016, 01:23 AM
High way robbery. That was more so a 50 than the last dunk of Lavine imo

nah they were pretty even

Milbuck
02-14-2016, 01:24 AM
What was most ridiculous to me was that the judges that gave him a 9 waited till after the slomo replay and STILL gave him a 9. Like I have no idea how you can judge an NBA dunk contest and not see a 10 in that dunk's replay.

FreezingTsmoove
02-14-2016, 01:29 AM
They had too if they kept giving 50s the dunk contest would have never ended

outbreak
02-14-2016, 01:54 AM
They had too if they kept giving 50s the dunk contest would have never ended
Joint title neither deserved to lose

Rake2204
02-14-2016, 02:08 AM
Nice ****ing dunk. Gets better with each viewing, but needs to be watched slowed down. Reminds me if that one Iggy dunk? Or Derozan. One of those two where it wasn't properly cherished when it happened live.Good call, my friend. I believe you're thinking of DeMar DeRozan's second dunk in 2011, the one-handed reverse off the lob. Looked okay in regular motion, looked absolutely majestic slowed down.

FireDavidKahn
02-14-2016, 02:10 AM
That is a dunk you use in the first round, not extra+ final round.

ImKobe
02-14-2016, 02:10 AM
Honestly, it didn't look that impressive in real time and crowd wasn't feeling it either plus they already had to do the extra dunks and if they dragged it further the quality of the dunks would have gotten worse... LaVine's dunk was better to me and got the crowd going as well.

Cleverness
02-14-2016, 03:18 AM
No chance their boy lavine loses

yeah, but not as bad as Griffin's Kia exhibition. JaVale McGee was robbed that year (dunked 3 basketballs in 1 dunk)

Cleverness
02-14-2016, 03:19 AM

I think with that dunk the audience appreciated the dunk a lot more after seeing the replay, but the judges were only focused on judging what they saw live

theaussieguy
02-14-2016, 03:31 AM
that dunk where he jumps over the mascot, with his two legs stretched out in front of him is one of the craziest things ive ever seen, its like his entire body is almost rim level

jimmybball
02-14-2016, 04:11 AM
Biggest dunk contest robbery since Iggy.

BurningHammer
02-14-2016, 04:58 AM
What was most ridiculous to me was that the judges that gave him a 9 waited till after the slomo replay and STILL gave him a 9. Like I have no idea how you can judge an NBA dunk contest and not see a 10 in that dunk's replay.
They might judge on the fact that it couldn't top the Drop Kick Dunk.

Meticode
02-14-2016, 05:09 AM
Like I said, Lavine might've wont the contest, but Gordon had the most memorable dunks.

Guy Dudebro
02-14-2016, 06:06 AM
highway lobbuhlee as they say in Japan.

noob cake
02-14-2016, 06:20 AM
Wolves are the chosen franchise. NBA trying to prop them up. Wouldn't be surprised if they win the lotto again. Wiggins/Towns leading the game to a 25 win season...:lol :lol :lol

https://streamable.com/h06t

plowking
02-14-2016, 07:42 AM

NBA legends voted for it dawg. NBA legends said it was so. NBA legends gave it a 9. I'll take their words over yours dawg. You saying you know more than those guys. Bruh, you even watch ball?

/ISH logic.

BuffaloBill
02-14-2016, 07:56 AM
Fck the judges. Gordon won that contest. He's the people's champ.

buddha
02-14-2016, 08:35 AM
because this shit was rigged and the whole timberpups team was freaking out on the sideline

Herzonga and Elfrid were there too.

BuffaloBill
02-14-2016, 08:43 AM
Herzonga and Elfrid were there too.

You couldn't tell tho

Gordon's entourage game was weak. Lavine had groupies everywhere.

dunksby
02-14-2016, 08:47 AM
Lavine was the winner before the event even started, I'm just happy Gordon made it such a great contest.