PDA

View Full Version : Klay Thompson - greatest streak shooter of all time?

k0kakw0rld
02-14-2016, 01:52 PM
When this dude gets hot it's a scary thing for the opposite team.
Currently has the record for most points in a quarter with 37.
And again showed us last night what he is made off. He had 9 before the last rack and moneyball rack. Hits his last 8 shots (including All 5 money balls) to win the 3 point contest vs Steph. He finished with 27. I then, had flashbacks of his game vs the Kings in Oracle.

But can you think of a better streak shooter?

Steph?
Reggie?
Bron? Yes bron :D

VengefulAngel
02-14-2016, 01:53 PM
JR Smith is the definition of streak shooter, when he's on fire, pack it up.

swagga
02-14-2016, 01:55 PM

jr is always lights out. either with the ball or with the bottle.

!@#$%Vectors!@#
02-14-2016, 01:56 PM

Hes never been as hot as Klay though.

inclinerator
02-14-2016, 02:07 PM
klay is already the 2nd greatest shooter of all time

VengefulAngel
02-14-2016, 02:09 PM
Hes never been as hot as Klay though.

Klay is a much better shooter though that's where I have a problem. Klay is far more consistent then JR.

kamil
02-14-2016, 02:10 PM
jr is always lights out. either with the ball or with the bottle.

LOL!

beastee
02-14-2016, 02:11 PM
Prisoners of the moment. Reggie Miller had unbelievable stretches...but you probably too young to have ever known.

k0kakw0rld
02-14-2016, 02:21 PM
Prisoners of the moment. Reggie Miller had unbelievable stretches...but you probably too young to have ever known.
Stop talking out of your ass. Reggie's name is in my original post. Next please...

72-10
02-16-2016, 11:02 PM
Out of curiosity, why do you think that threes are the only aspect of shooting? That seems like the only thing talked about around here with regard to shooting.

TheMarkMadsen
02-16-2016, 11:04 PM
that would pretty easily be Kobe

streaks of 9 straight 40 point games. 4 straight 50+ games, 62 in 3 quarters, 81 in a game, 50+ through 3 quarters multiple times.

Monta Ellis MVP
02-16-2016, 11:08 PM
A lot of you may know that I am a Die Hard Pacers fan and also a fan of the Cavaliers as well. I have seen tons of Reggie Miller games in my day and I have to say this is an insult to Reggie. Reggie was a much better shooter, a much better "streak shooter", and more importantly he was clutch which Klay Thompson hasn't shown us yet. Reggie Miller in the 00 Finals scored 24 points on great efficiency and didn't have a player near the caliber of Steph Curry on his team. Klay has along way to go before he gets on that level.

k0kakw0rld
05-29-2016, 03:14 AM
A lot of you may know that I am a Die Hard Pacers fan and also a fan of the Cavaliers as well. I have seen tons of Reggie Miller games in my day and I have to say this is an insult to Reggie. Reggie was a much better shooter, a much better "streak shooter", and more importantly he was clutch which Klay Thompson hasn't shown us yet. Reggie Miller in the 00 Finals scored 24 points on great efficiency and didn't have a player near the caliber of Steph Curry on his team. Klay has along way to go before he gets on that level.
:confusedshrug:

Finger Roll
05-29-2016, 08:03 AM

Give me a break, you sound like Skip Baylesss when he gets offended about someone he likes and then goes onto giving personal feelings instead of real facts.

Really incredible that Reggie scored 24 points while losing in the finals. Klay just happened to be clutch enough to break a 3 point playoff record in an elination game while averaging 26 in the playoffs and shooting a better percentage from 3 than Reggie ever did.

Feel like 27 in a 3pt contest and the record for most points in a quarter required a small streak to happen and some clutch moments.

To say it's an insult or writing "...a much better shooter" twice in a row really doesn't help your argument to prove that Reggie is some how levels above Klay.

I honestly don't hate on Reggie, but the guy gets the most favourable love and admiration for his game out of anyone. Hes lucky he played in a small market like Indiana his whole career and has a sister whos reputation helped him out

ClipperRevival
05-29-2016, 09:02 PM
You can make that argument. GOAT level as a heat check player. We aren't talking about consistency over an 82 game season but the quarters or halves when a guy is clicking. You can put Kobe up there too.

Klayup
05-29-2016, 09:28 PM
Mike Miller going in on OKC has to earn him a mention.

Klay is up there though. It kills me how he can go from being the guy who you want to take out of the game for throwing up bullsh!t and turn around and be the hero.

PickernRoller
05-29-2016, 09:51 PM
Streak shooter? Kobe Bryant.

Dude can go cold and then drop 4-5 straight buckets on you and sink your team. Degree of difficulty don't matter - double team don't matter, triple team don't matter....clogged paint don't matter.

All I see is nikka's naming 3 point shooters that can get hot - I guess they made an internal association to strictly 3pt shooters based on OP's name drop.