PDA

View Full Version : If Tim Duncan announces next season is his last.....

AngelEyes
02-14-2016, 04:50 PM
Will he get the same treatment Kobe is getting? Will he get showered with praise everywhere he goes? I almost suspect he won't because of how unappreciative fans are of his dominance and consistency but if he doesn't that will be a disgrace. He was a more dominant two player than Kobe and a way better ambassador for the league. He deserves his due.

SouBeachTalents
02-14-2016, 04:51 PM
Nah, he was never close to as popular as Kobe was

Kawhi
02-14-2016, 04:52 PM
He should, but he won't. Timmy doesn't like all that attention anyway, and he would rather walk out of an arena in silence, announcing his retirement through a simple, boring press release on the Spurs' website, never to be heard from again.

IncarceratedBob
02-14-2016, 04:52 PM
nah. he might get a little video package at visiting games but honestly nobody will miss Tim when he's gone. He could've retired 5 years ago and it would make zero difference to NBA fans. He's irrelevant

Smoke117
02-14-2016, 04:53 PM
I don't think he'd want that anyway...Duncan isn't an egomaniac like Kobe.

k0kakw0rld
02-14-2016, 04:54 PM
Well deserved Farewell :applause:
Top 10 GOAT

STATUTORY
nah no cultural impact, homie preferred to live on the down low for a reason

salwan
i dont think he would do such a thing.

i suspect he will go quietly and humbly.
no retirement tour, nothing.
he will just announce it after this or next season.
:applause: :cry:

IncarceratedBob
02-14-2016, 04:55 PM
It'll be interesting if he comes out as gay while he's still playing in the league or if he's gonna do it after retiring. Or maybe he'll never formally announce it

swagga
02-14-2016, 05:03 PM
he'll go out winning a ring in a final vs lebron showing how a truly top 10 player ages, by leadership and intangibles on low efficient minutes, with the same per minute efficiency as in day 1, instead of chucking their team out of games and making talent walk out on the team.

Spurs m8
02-14-2016, 05:05 PM
Lets be honest, Tim isn't a psychopathic, self obsessed freak, he wouldn't want this embarrassing circus...shit makes ya cringe every time.

Plus this is his last year

Can guarantee Kobe whacks his cok in the mirror.

Cheers

G0ATbe
02-14-2016, 05:06 PM
Godbes the only player to ever get this kind of treatment, duncan isnt of the same tier. Not only as a player but as a beloved icon/sex symbol.

https://turnernbahangtime.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/0817-kobe-bryant-china-450.jpg

InsanityKills
02-14-2016, 05:35 PM
Boring player made by the system he played in. Will not be missed.:sleeping

Springsteen
02-14-2016, 05:37 PM
Godbes the only player to ever get this kind of treatment, duncan isnt of the same tier. Not only as a player but as a beloved icon/sex symbol.

Very true, I have no doubt many of the biggest rape cases of the past decade were all inspired by Kobe.

AngelEyes
02-14-2016, 05:39 PM
Boring player made by the system he played in. Will not be missed.:sleeping

This comment is kind of what I'm referring to. This guy is probably a dumbass internet troll but there are people who actually have this opinion. That Duncan is boring therefore **** him. Duncan kicked Shaq and Kobe's ass when they were still in their prime, back in 03'. Neither of them could **** with his two way dominance.

STATUTORY
02-14-2016, 05:39 PM
It'll be interesting if he comes out as gay while he's still playing in the league or if he's gonna do it after retiring. Or maybe he'll never formally announce it

gay sports icon is Duncan's only change at cultural significance and longevity

rmt
02-14-2016, 06:17 PM
He won't announce it - hopefully he'll play another year. Why shouldn't he - he's leading the league in defensive plus-minus, 2nd in Defensive Rating and still effective. I don't want him to enter HOF at the same time as Kobe - that'll just be a circus.

Kobe_6/8
02-14-2016, 06:57 PM
Duncan has never wanted that kind of attention. He easily could have entered the NBA before 1997, but did his 4 years in college.

He never had an aesthetically pleasing game and never wanted one. Duncan plays to win and the true fans know that.

SexSymbol
02-14-2016, 06:59 PM
Will he get the same treatment Kobe is getting? Will he get showered with praise everywhere he goes? I almost suspect he won't because of how unappreciative fans are of his dominance and consistency but if he doesn't that will be a disgrace. He was a more dominant two player than Kobe and a way better ambassador for the league. He deserves his due.
no on both.

swagga
02-14-2016, 07:47 PM
no on both.

kurwa.

Lebron23
02-14-2016, 07:53 PM
He's not an attention whore like Bobe Bryant. And besides Duncan doesn't have a lot of fans.

SexSymbol
02-14-2016, 07:54 PM
kurwa.
u polish?

T_L_P
02-14-2016, 08:10 PM
1. He won't announce it. He's probably gone after this season if we win the whole thing or go out fairly early. Only circumstance I see him returning for is if the Spurs get incredibly close to the Finals but just come up short.

2. Not Kobe level, but he'll get standing ovations and probably a tribute at the away stadiums. Robinson did when he announced his retirement.

Spurs m8
02-14-2016, 08:18 PM
I see a lot of cut cnts in this thread LMAO

AngelEyes
02-14-2016, 08:22 PM
1. He won't announce it. He's probably gone after this season if we win the whole thing or go out fairly early. Only circumstance I see him returning for is if the Spurs get incredibly close to the Finals but just come up short.

2. Not Kobe level, but he'll get standing ovations and probably a tribute at the away stadiums. Robinson did when he announced his retirement.

With all due respect Robinson is not Duncan level great. Duncan deserves more respect.

Spurs m8
02-14-2016, 08:37 PM
People are stupid and like shiny things though.
They also lap up whats thrown at them.

Hence the Kobe love.

Manufactured for dumb people.

bdreason
02-14-2016, 08:41 PM
Duncan wouldn't announce he's retiring.

T_L_P
02-14-2016, 08:57 PM
With all due respect Robinson is not Duncan level great. Duncan deserves more respect.

That's what I'm saying. If Robinson had people come out to seeing and a bunch of tributes, Timmy definitely will.

It wouldn't be Kobe fan-fare, but I'd imagine a lot of people would buy tickets to see Duncan play live for the last time. And with how respected he/the Spurs are around the league, I can't imagine any team not pulling out the stops to say goodbye.

That said, it doesn't seem like Tim's thing. He wouldn't want to distract from the team.

If this is his last go, it's likely known within the league. Look at how LeBron embraced him when they met recently. It seemed like he knew something. :confusedshrug:

Rocketswin2013
02-14-2016, 09:04 PM
He's not an attention whore like Bobe Bryant. And besides Duncan doesn't have a lot of fans.
Bobe :lol

yeah Duncan won't need all the attention.

Top 5 GOAT resume and career. He could go away with a title, too.

IllegalD
02-15-2016, 04:49 AM
No, because Duncan doesn't deserve it.

He's not an iconic player, has no iconic moments, has never defended a title, and has never been the face of the league.

He also hasn't been the Spurs best player on a championship team in over a decade.

LeBron won't get this kind of farewell when the time comes either because he'll most likely be like 2-9 in the Finals by then and it will be awkward to make such a big fuss about a perennial finals loser.

The only people that will try to over-glorify LeBron's retirement season are ESPN and bandwagoners from Southeast Asian island nations who are lacking in the penile endowment department just like their false idol.

JohnFreeman
02-15-2016, 04:51 AM
He will retire at the end of a season and just walk away

BlakFrankWhite
02-15-2016, 08:42 AM
Nah, Timmy's too low key. It'll be a press release, something like:

"I'm done, Goodbye"

BuffaloBill
02-15-2016, 08:49 AM
Nah, Timmy's too low key. It'll be a press release, something like:

"I'm done, Goodbye"

Tim Walking up to the table to speak:

https://media.giphy.com/media/fXxSfbKIZdvzy/giphy.gif

BlakFrankWhite
02-15-2016, 08:55 AM
Tim Walking up to the table to speak:

https://media.giphy.com/media/fXxSfbKIZdvzy/giphy.gif

Dat facesaving, lol

Dragonyeuw
02-15-2016, 09:18 AM
Duncan wouldn't announce he's retiring.

Pretty much this. I think Duncan will just play through the year, THEN announce his retirement at season's end specifically to avoid the attention Kobe is getting. That said, even if he went Kobe's route I think Duncan would get the equivalent of 'golf claps' at visiting arenas. As great as he is/was, in terms of the public conscience he's simply not as popular.

lil jahlil
02-15-2016, 09:48 AM
No way. This celebration is about popularity, not how good he was.

Muskarat
02-15-2016, 11:20 AM
He'll probably get ovations and maybe a video package or two but I think he's been too nondescript in his career. You hear all the young guys now talk about how they grew up watching and idolizing Kobe because he was cool or whatever but even though Duncan has also had incredible success him and his team are just kinda......."boring".....

lil jahlil
02-15-2016, 12:14 PM
Dat facesaving, lol
:lol

BurningHammer
02-15-2016, 12:14 PM
For Timmy, it should be that he takes a position in Spurs organization and announces his retirement at the same day. Nothing spectacular as usual.