PDA

View Full Version : How many of these eastern players are "legit allstars"?

HeatFanSince88
02-14-2016, 10:25 PM
Seriously it's a bunch of no name franchise players.

IMO:
LeBron
Paul George
Jimmy Butler(not playing)
maybe Chris Bosh(not playing either).

Kevin Love and Irving are both legit stars too, but ones been injured and one suffers from lebronball syndrome. Are people serious about guys like Al Horford, Carmelo Anthony, 30% FT shoting Andre Drummond, random Raptors players just because they are the 2nd seed!!!

The rest are meh players, the kind of guys that make a team or two because noone else is worthy. I remember when the East was stacked with legit superstar swingman all over the bench.

Team record shouldn't matter either for who gets in because other than Cleveland EVERY East team is equally as irrelevant.

Weird because the West playoff teams don't even have that much better records than the East other than the top two(SA and GS), but the stars are just so much better. Guys like Dirk and Lillard missing the game. Dirk and Lillard would both be top 5 guys on this East team. :roll:

AngelEyes
02-14-2016, 10:33 PM
There's nothing legit about Kevin Love. He's one of the biggest empty stats "stars" ever.

Nick Young
02-14-2016, 10:34 PM
Lot of these eastern conference dudes are Ricky Davis type all stars. High production, empty numbers.

GrapeApe
02-14-2016, 10:47 PM
What do you mean by "legit all-stars"? If you're talking about star power, Lebron, Wade, Carmelo, and George are all big names. Some of the other guys might not have as much name recognition but are certainly legit all-star players. Teams that have good records usually have good players, so it shouldn't be surprising that they have all-star representatives. I guess I'm not really understanding OP's point.

HeatFanSince88
02-14-2016, 10:50 PM
What do you mean by "legit all-stars"? If you're talking about star power, Lebron, Wade, Carmelo, and George are all big names. Some of the other guys might not have as much name recognition but are certainly legit all-star players. Teams that have good records usually have good players, so it shouldn't be surprising that they have all-star representatives. I guess I'm not really understanding OP's point.

Carmelo and Wade arn't that good anymore. Their just names.

How many of these east guys would make the team in the West? It's definitely 3 tops. LeBron is the ONLY lock. Paul George is probably the only other guy that actually would. Pathetic.

Lebron23
02-14-2016, 11:02 PM
Wade_Rings is Jrong.

GrapeApe
02-14-2016, 11:04 PM
Carmelo and Wade arn't that good anymore. Their just names.

How many of these east guys would make the team in the West? It's definitely 3 tops. LeBron is the ONLY lock. Paul George is probably the only other guy that actually would. Pathetic.

Carmelo is averaging 21/8/4 with a 20 PER. Wade is averaging 19/5/4/1/1 with a 21 PER. They may not have made the west team but they are both still clearly all-star caliber players along with being big names. There has always been discrepancies between the conferences. There have been years where players from the west wouldn't have made the east team. This is nothing new. You also seem to be forgetting that Kobe is on the west team.

Akhenaten
02-14-2016, 11:18 PM
OP you're being shortsighted, West has better organizations and teams kawai Leonard or draymond green or klay Thompson etc ain't making no all-star team if they're on a team like the bucks, heat or pistons for example.

Not to mention Kobe, that's a phucking joke.

It's only 4 locks in league, west happen to have 3 to the East's 1

midatlantic09
02-14-2016, 11:53 PM
Al Horford isn't a legit all-star, in my opinion. Great player to have on your team, but that's it...no more, no less.

Relinquish
02-15-2016, 12:30 AM
Wall averages 20 and ****ing 10.

How is he not a "legit allstar" and Irving is? :lol

He literally IS the Wizards.

Relinquish
02-15-2016, 12:31 AM
Al Horford isn't a legit all-star, in my opinion. Great player to have on your team, but that's it...no more, no less.

Agreed