PDA

View Full Version : Barkley: Westbrook is the most athletic player I've ever seen in the NBA

AngelEyes
02-15-2016, 12:23 AM
Chuck just told Russ that he's the most athletic player he's ever seen in the NBA. Point guard I can understand, but most athletic overall? Wow.

Kingwillball
02-15-2016, 02:17 AM
See 20-25 year old lebron .. A bigger stronger version of Westbrook ..

sd3035
02-15-2016, 02:19 AM
See 20-25 year old lebron .. A bigger stronger version of Westbrook ..

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

idiot

TommyGriffin
02-15-2016, 02:21 AM
90 percent of what Charles Barkley says is troll bullshit.

SaltyMeatballs
02-15-2016, 02:23 AM
90 percent of what Charles Barkley says is troll bullshit.
This. He's the type of guy who'll try to convince you that eating a whole box of donuts won't do you any bad.

Kingwillball
02-15-2016, 02:29 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

idiot

There has never been an athlete like prime bron case closed..

sportjames23
02-15-2016, 02:35 AM
This. He's the type of guy who'll try to convince you that eating a whole box of donuts won't do you any bad.

:oldlol:

Marchesk
02-15-2016, 02:42 AM
36.5" vertical'

But he is a less efficient modern day Oscar.

Black and White
02-15-2016, 02:48 AM
Westbrook may be the most explosive athlete I've ever seen, that could be a better term to use. As far as athletes go I would say LeBron > Brook

Spurs5Rings2014
02-15-2016, 02:48 AM
36.5" vertical'

But he is a less efficient modern day Oscar.

aussie already said he has a higher vert than that, he's just trolling. Then again, I'm certain you take everything Cavs and Laz say to heart, too.

:rolleyes:

MoBe1Kanobi
02-15-2016, 05:17 AM
MJ
Kobe
LBJ
VC
TMac
Steve Francis
Desmond Mason
Zach Lavine
Aaron Gordon
Dominique

In their primes all more athletic than Russ

I could probably name 10 more if I want

$LakerGold
02-15-2016, 05:22 AM
Never really cared for prime Lebron, but '09 Lebron was when his athleticism peaked, could argue in his first 3 years in Miami because he was yolked.

Nikola_
02-15-2016, 05:58 AM
are john stockton and john havlicek considered athletic? often is jumping ability mistaken for overall athleticism. give me "non athletic" john stockton over "athletic" andrew wigiins

Pushxx
02-15-2016, 06:28 AM
Westbrook has a case.

HeatFanSince88
02-15-2016, 07:04 AM
LeBron is better only if your counting "height" as part of the package.

if LeBron was 6 foot noone would be saying it.

If height is a factor, Wilt is probably the most athletic, or even Shaq.

oh the horror
02-15-2016, 07:26 AM
We need to just create a thread called "Barkley says things"

The guy says whatever comes to mind

Cold soul
02-15-2016, 10:55 AM
Westbrook is athetic freak of nature I can't think of any PG in NBA history more athetic than him other than maybe pre injury Rose that's about it. Westbrook is high up there as most explosive NBA player in long time.

theaussieguy
02-15-2016, 11:19 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e04uyfgVgjY

there is nothing more athletic than this right here. Westbrook might be close, but the reality is, what Westbrook has been doing this year is no different to what he has done in the past. His ability to maintain such a level is impressive. But in terms of pure FREAK OUT OF THIS WORLD (non poverty 36 inch territory) athleticism, a pre injury Drose was simply unmatched.

Kingwillball
02-15-2016, 11:57 AM
I can go ahead and post tons of early lebron up to heat day vids of lebron and nobody was ever that big who can run that fast and jump that high along bringing the power with it..unmatched

Kingwillball
02-15-2016, 12:00 PM

there is nothing more athletic than this right here. Westbrook might be close, but the reality is, what Westbrook has been doing this year is no different to what he has done in the past. His ability to maintain such a level is impressive. But in terms of pure FREAK OUT OF THIS WORLD (non poverty 36 inch territory) athleticism, a pre injury Drose was simply unmatched.

Please lebron has 10 years of that footage of amazing highlights which is all the more incredible.

ShawkFactory
02-15-2016, 12:02 PM
LeBron is better only if your counting "height" as part of the package.

if LeBron was 6 foot noone would be saying it.

If height is a factor, Wilt is probably the most athletic, or even Shaq.
But height/weight is a big factor.

There are plenty of 6 foot guys who are crazy explosive.

Not so many that are 6'9 and over 250 pounds.

Or in shaq/wilts case, 7'1 and over 300 pounds.

BuffaloBill
02-15-2016, 12:08 PM

That's unhumanlike. All of that stuff was too much for his body to handle. I don't think he could have avoided injury no matter what he did if he kept playing like that.

AirFederer
02-15-2016, 12:09 PM
But height/weight is a big factor.

There are plenty of 6 foot guys who are crazy explosive.

Not so many that are 6'9 and over 250 pounds.

Or in shaq/wilts case, 7'1 and over 300 pounds.
I have never seen any footage that indicates that Wilt was crazy explosive

Kblaze8855
02-15-2016, 01:24 PM
I think Russell is just hungrier than most so he plays closer to his athletic potential. Guys who can out jump him....dont always try. Hes closer to the best he can do at any given moment than most anyone. A 90 athlete going 100% will look more athletic than a 95 athlete going 80%. He doesnt take anything off.

Pointguard
02-15-2016, 02:58 PM

As an all around athlete, pre-Rose has more advantages: balance, coordination, quickness, agility and being faster, pre-injury Rose had a clear advantage. But people get hyped by explosion which is something definitely smaller in the whole scheme of athletics because it's only used for a moment's spurt. But it is more dramatic, especially in the way Westbrook does it. If you do one thing behind a lot of conviction, people will identify better with it.

In general the decathlete is considered the best athlete in the world. So I don't have Westbrook as the best. MJ, Lebron, Rose are the starting point for being the three prototypes because they hit all the major areas in a big way.

theaussieguy
02-15-2016, 03:48 PM
That's unhumanlike. All of that stuff was too much for his body to handle. I don't think he could have avoided injury no matter what he did if he kept playing like that.

yeah definitely, he was a bright star destined to burn out before his time, that sh!t there is just not normal, its the kind of stuff that makes u just drop ur mouth open u see it live.

tontoz
02-15-2016, 05:08 PM
Iverson deserves a mention.

eliteballer
02-15-2016, 05:18 PM

Uhhh....eat your heart out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xNIhMSvcNo

JebronLames
02-15-2016, 05:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxsSPnxuizg

Pointguard
02-15-2016, 11:13 PM
Iverson deserves a mention.
Yeah, Iverson has as big a claim as Westbrook does. He was super fast, super quick, his explosion was crazy (more spontaneous tap ins than Rose or Westbrook), balance was great, and had incredible endurance.

ClipperRevival
02-16-2016, 01:18 AM
There are so many definitions of athleticism. But in terms of pure explosion off the ground, WB is up there with anyone in history. WB is only about 6'3" but he attacks and finishes like a 6'6" 2 guard. No one would ever think that Irving, Wall and Curry are all around the same height because WB simply explodes much better off the ground and plays taller. With the other 3, you know they are short players.

kshutts1
02-16-2016, 10:31 AM
Not a single mention of Nate Robinson, Charlie Ward, Steve Nash, David Robinson, Darius Miles, Hakeem...?

theaussieguy
02-16-2016, 10:53 AM
Yeah, Iverson has as big a claim as Westbrook does. He was super fast, super quick, his explosion was crazy (more spontaneous tap ins than Rose or Westbrook), balance was great, and had incredible endurance.

not to mention his legitimate 40+ inch vert

tmacattack33
02-16-2016, 11:03 AM
90's Iverson was pretty athletic

Spurs5Rings2014
02-16-2016, 11:06 AM
Not a single mention of Nate Robinson

Nikka has blocks over Bran, Shaq, Yao and D12.

:bowdown:

keep-itreal
02-16-2016, 11:21 AM
I think Derrick Rose and Russell Westbrook are the most athletic PG ever

Pointguard
02-16-2016, 12:10 PM
There are so many definitions of athleticism. But in terms of pure explosion off the ground, WB is up there with anyone in history. WB is only about 6'3" but he attacks and finishes like a 6'6" 2 guard. No one would ever think that Irving, Wall and Curry are all around the same height because WB simply explodes much better off the ground and plays taller. With the other 3, you know they are short players.
Wall and Irving are noticeably taller than Westbrook, too. They're closer to Wade's height. Wade's arm length stands out. If you see how easy Wade dunks he would get consideration too.

Not a single mention of Nate Robinson, Charlie Ward, Steve Nash, David Robinson, Darius Miles, Hakeem...?

Nate lacked speed and wasn't as quick as some others.
Ward might have better off as a quarter back.
Robinson, outside of perhaps Wilt, would likely beat every player in 440 high hurdles, which is really saying something.
Hakeem, timing never gets enough attention, his agility and balance was great too.

Shaq gets in on strength, speed, agility and coordination.

Getting run down blocks like Lebron is really an amazing feat. the timing for blocks on small guys is crazy. Especially Wade, and Rose was the only PG really getting them.

BlakFrankWhite
02-16-2016, 01:27 PM
Westbrook would torch LeBron in a 100m sprint.