PDA

View Full Version : Report: Cavaliers offering Shumpert, and Mozgov in deals to shore up bench

Lebron23
02-15-2016, 10:22 PM
[quote]Iman Shumpert has struggled this season in Cleveland. Expected to provide defense and floor-spacing shooting, he has taken a step back from what he gave them in the playoffs last season (as evidenced by his PER of 8.3, the kind of number you expect from a guy bouncing between the D-League and NBA). He

IncarceratedBob
02-15-2016, 10:26 PM
I could see these two netting Horford and Teague if LeBron throws in some picks

RedBlackAttack
02-15-2016, 10:29 PM
It would be a huge mistake to trade Shump unless we're getting a relatively young elite defensive wing back in return. A regular season shooting slump doesn't minimize the impact that he has on the other end, especially in the playoffs when he can matchup with the opponent's best offensive player and allow our best guys to take the second or third best player in the backcourt.

He did it last year with Isaiah Thomas, Kyle Korver and Klay Thompson. I don't think we make The Finals without his defensive intensity.

Mozgov has made himself expendable with his awful play so far this season. Shump is still very valuable to this team.

retaxis
02-15-2016, 10:31 PM
Just trade Love already he is obviously the odd one out in his playstyle so get rid of him so the team chemistry and defensive minded mentality can flourish.

Meticode
02-15-2016, 10:31 PM
It would be a huge mistake to trade Shump unless we're getting a relatively young elite defensive wing back in return. A regular season shooting slump doesn't minimize the impact that he has on the other end, especially in the playoffs when he can matchup with the opponent's best offensive player and allow our best guys to take the second or third best player in the backcourt.

He did it last year with Isaiah Thomas, Kyle Korver and Klay Thompson. I don't think we make The Finals without his defensive intensity.

Mozgov has made himself expendable with his awful play so far this season. Shump is still very valuable to this team.
It's not just been his shooting though this season.

RedBlackAttack
02-15-2016, 10:32 PM
It's not just been his shooting though this season.
He has a very clear and important role on this team, and we would really miss him come playoff time. You're free to disagree.

Cocaine80s
02-15-2016, 10:32 PM
Shump+Mozgov+Thompson for Durant. Take it or leave it OKC

outbreak
02-15-2016, 10:33 PM
I could see these two netting Horford and Teague if LeBron throws in some picks
:roll:
gonna trade Horford a big they don't want to pay for a worse big who's also an UFA and teague for an average guy like shumpert? What planet is this?

Meticode
02-15-2016, 10:34 PM
He has a very clear and important role on this team, and we would really miss him come playoff time. You're free to disagree.
His roll is 3 & D. He's struggled at both this season for $10 million a year. I'm not saying trade him, but his struggles have been deeper than just shooting the ball this year. Minus some good swipes on balls, he's continuesly getting beat by his man, or taking the wrong direction over screens constantly to let his man get open.

Maybe it'll change come playoff time. I sure hope so.

Duderonomy
02-15-2016, 10:34 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/huh2HmOzrSivm/giphy-facebook_s.jpg

bdreason
02-15-2016, 10:35 PM
Yes, Cavs! Please give away your only tough-minded defensive players for some more one-way players. :applause:

ShawkFactory
02-15-2016, 10:36 PM
What's happened to mozgov?

Meticode
02-15-2016, 10:37 PM
I think his knee and confidence is the issue. He gets down on himself easily after one or two bad plays in a row in the game then he just falls apart a lot like the passes to him on the inside that he fumbles with his stone hands.

raprap
02-15-2016, 10:41 PM
Trading shump :facepalm

RedBlackAttack
02-15-2016, 10:42 PM
His roll is 3 & D. He's struggled at both this season for $10 million a year. I'm not saying trade him, but his struggles have been deeper than just shooting the ball this year. Minus some good swipes on balls, he's continuesly getting beat by his man, or taking the wrong direction over screens constantly to let his man get open.

When you have the time to gameplan your defense specifically to go against a team -- like in the playoffs -- Shump becomes a much more valuable player than he might be in some random regular season game. It would be a real desperation move to get rid of him, imo, and a bad sign that the front office doesn't think this team can compete for a title as currently constructed (and I'd disagree).

He's only 25 and he was injured for the first 20+ games. I feel like I've seen enough of him in important situations to know that we are going to need him.

RedBlackAttack
02-15-2016, 10:46 PM
Btw, if we traded Shump for Ben McLemore, I might jump off the 480 Bridge.

imdaman99
02-15-2016, 10:48 PM
Shump is not someone you judge based on his stats. He is still a potential lockdown guy that would prove himself on that end every playoff.

JohnFreeman
02-15-2016, 10:49 PM
Mclemore is honestly one of the worst players in the league

Meticode
02-15-2016, 10:50 PM
You won't. You said you wouldn't watch the Cavs anymore if LeBron came back or wouldn't be a NBA fan anymore. And here we are.

Kingwillball
02-15-2016, 10:54 PM
You won't. You said you wouldn't watch the Cavs anymore if LeBron came back or wouldn't be a NBA fan anymore. And here we are.

Still that is a terrible trade for Cavs.. Ariza is one thing Ben Mclemore is another.

n00bie
02-15-2016, 10:56 PM
Just trade Love already he is obviously the odd one out in his playstyle so get rid of him so the team chemistry and defensive minded mentality can flourish.

I agree. Love just doesn't seem to be fitting in with the team right now. Plus if they're serious about adding some quality players, they can definitely get a lot more in return for Love.

nba_55
02-15-2016, 10:56 PM

No way. Cavs haven't made any stupid trade since Lebron's return.

1987_Lakers
02-15-2016, 10:57 PM
All these reports coming out saying the Cavs want Korver really bad and now they are looking to move Shumpert tells me they want to desperately upgrade their 3 point shooting so they can compete with the Warriors if a rematch does happen.

Shump has always been a below average 3 point shooter, but his defense is too valuable for the Cavs to dismiss. To me it would be suicide to trade Shump. I can't see Irving and J.R. Smith putting up much of a battle on defense against the splash brothers. One of the reasons why Curry got off to a slow start & Thompson was off the whole series in the Finals was because of Delly & Shump.

If you somehow trade Shump and get back a guy like Korver, it will improve your shooting, but your defense is going to suffer.

I don't even know if it's a good idea trading Mozgov, I know he has sucked this year, but last season he was a great rim protector, trade him and the Cavs have no true big out there and teams will score easier in the paint.

DukeDelonte13
02-15-2016, 10:59 PM
I'd rather the cavs hang on to shump. I have 100x the trust of him on the court rather than Ben Mclemore. Shump's defense will be needed come playoff time.

Derka
02-15-2016, 11:00 PM
Didn't they just extend Shumpert?

nba_55
02-15-2016, 11:00 PM
I'd rather the cavs hang on to shump. I have 100x the trust of him on the court rather than Ben Mclemore. Shump's defense will be needed come playoff time.

There's no way Cavs consider trading Shump for Maclemore, they are probably considering him for Korver, even that, I doubt it.

Meticode
02-15-2016, 11:02 PM
Didn't they just extend Shumpert?
No, they resigned, 4 years $40 million.

jbryan1984
02-15-2016, 11:04 PM

I totally agree. I don't wanna lose Shump either. Mozgov's down season is very noticeable whereas, I have not noticed much of a down play in Shumpert. I know the numbers don't lie but all I have really noticed is his offensive game has slowed down a little. It seemed like last year, the deeper we got in the playoffs, the better offensive he provided. I have not noticed his defense taking a hit though and we got him for his defense in the first place. idk if I would even trade him for Korver straight up.

RedBlackAttack
02-15-2016, 11:04 PM
Here we go again.

You don't like me. I know it. You know it. Most people who've been around long enough know it.

I am prone to hyperbole every now and then. You don't have to attempt to gain superiority over me every time it happens with the same old stuff.

You're also free to completely ignore all of my posts, because you clearly don't value my opinion much. I'm fine with that.

For the record, I won't really jump off the 480 Bridge. I... wouldn't agree with the decision. Is that better?

nba_55
02-15-2016, 11:05 PM
Cavs's 3pt shooters have been really inconsistent this year and when they don't hit them, their offense really stops. Love, Lebron and Irving have all been below the mark from the 3pt line this year. Shumpert is not a good 3pt shooter. Sometimes JR can't miss, other times, he can't hit anything. That's why they are chasing Korver so bad.

1987_Lakers
02-15-2016, 11:13 PM
Cavs's 3pt shooters have been really inconsistent this year and when they don't hit them, their offense really stops. Love, Lebron and Irving have all been below the mark from the 3pt line this year. Shumpert is not a good 3pt shooter. Sometimes JR can't miss, other times, he can't hit anything. That's why they are chasing Korver so bad.

I really don't see how 3 PT shooting is an issue for the Cavs. They are top 5 in 3pt makes and top 10 in 3pt%, and this is with Irving shooting 30% and we all know he will pick it up since he is normally around 40% from that area.

coin24
02-15-2016, 11:26 PM
Doesn't matter how much they stack the deck, will still steamroll the east with there already stacked cast, then get there shit pushed in come finals:lol

navy
02-15-2016, 11:55 PM
If they are trading them for defenders then it is fine.

DrakeTheSnake
02-16-2016, 12:13 AM
OKC leaves it.

RedBlackAttack
02-16-2016, 12:17 AM
Steve Kyler*

✔@stevekylerNBA

For what its worth - Cavs are actively looking at deals - Cavs sources say Iman Shumpert not under active trade consideration

10:07 PM - 15 Feb 2016

AintNoSunshine
02-16-2016, 01:13 AM
Cavs has as great a chance against anyone as you could hope for, not sure why they are exploring all these changes mid season. They have all the personel they need to beat GSW or SAS. Unless you put together a dream team, you are never guarantee to beat a team like GSW or SAS. So why not just work with what you already have and build on chemistry?

Cocaine80s
02-16-2016, 01:20 AM
Cavs has as great a chance against anyone as you could hope for, not sure why they are exploring all these changes mid season. They have all the personel they need to beat GSW or SAS. Unless you put together a dream team, you are never guarantee to beat a team like GSW or SAS. So why not just work with what you already have and build on chemistry?
Because they have a 30% chance at best at beating GS right now

AintNoSunshine
02-16-2016, 01:22 AM
Because they have a 30% chance at best at beating GS right now
According to who? How much of a chance they had when Irving went down last Final and they are down 0-1? Yet they won 2 of the last 5 games.

Cocaine80s
02-16-2016, 01:24 AM
According to who? How much of a chance they had when Irving went down last Final and they are down 0-1? Yet they won 2 of the last 5 games.
This Warriors team is way better than last year. And tbh I think the Cavs match up better with Warriors when Lebron does all the work alone

Milbuck
02-16-2016, 01:29 AM
This Warriors team is way better than last year. And tbh I think the Cavs match up better with Warriors when Lebron does all the work alone
Had way more to do with them playing NASTY defense with Love out and Delly playing more minutes on Curry than Lebron dominating the offense. Their offense wasn't anything even remotely special, whereas they were slaughtering teams with Kyrie and Love towards the end of the RS last year. If Mozgov returns to form as a paint anchor and Kyrie finds the defense he was playing later in the regular season last year they're right there.

Cocaine80s
02-16-2016, 01:32 AM
Had way more to do with them playing NASTY defense with Love out and Delly playing more minutes on Curry than Lebron dominating the offense. Their offense wasn't anything even remotely special, whereas they were slaughtering teams with Kyrie and Love towards the end of the RS last year. If Mozgov returns to form as a paint anchor and Kyrie finds the defense he was playing later in the regular season last year they're right there.
Yea but Lebron handling the ball 24/7 slowed the game down to where Golden State played way out of their comfort zone. Cavs will be ****ed tbh now that Blatt is gone and Lue wants the team to run more

AintNoSunshine
02-16-2016, 01:38 AM

I was just saying the games usually end up differently from what was judged on paper. They have a great roster and no trade would surely make them better. Just my opinion.

Milbuck
02-16-2016, 01:38 AM
Yea but Lebron handling the ball 24/7 slowed the game down to where Golden State played way out of their comfort zone. Cavs will be ****ed tbh now that Blatt is gone and Lue wants the team to run more
That's fair. Tbh I don't think anything Cleveland does at this point puts them over GS in a series. GS has evolved, slowing it down isn't a game changer with them anymore. With Kyrie's defense as it is and Mozgov crumbling Lebron slowing it down won't really matter imo.

Cocaine80s
02-16-2016, 01:42 AM
That's why Cavs need to go all out and get Durant

RedBlackAttack
02-16-2016, 02:02 AM

The last sentence of this post sums up my feelings on the situation completely.

What we have here is the inherent differences between building a contender through free agency and doing it through the draft. When you rebuild a franchise from the ground up and draft well, the final product is always going to look more polished than a bunch of established stars thrown together and told to make it work.

The Warriors had basically all of their core pieces as early as 2012-13. They did well and surpassed expectations and it has been a pretty quick build since then... but Curry and Klay have been playing together since 2011. Curry, Klay and Draymond have been doing it together since 2012.

There is simply no substitute for experience and being developed in a system with the same players, year after year.

The Warriors weren't as good in 2013 as they were in 2014, or as good in 2014 as 2015 and so on. But, teams built primarily through the draft have the benefit of being able to try and fail, get a feel for one another over a series of years in pressure games without tremendous expectations.

Now, what they have created is awesome and it was built in a way I admire, just as a basketball fan.

The Cavs have the talent. They just don't have that experience together and that is something you can't just skip. It's a part of the process. If the Cavs just keep their core players together, things will eventually start to really click with the amount of talent on the roster.

Kyrie is only 23 and Love is 27. Yeah, LeBron is 30, but I think he'll find a way to continue being really productive well into his 30s even if it means becoming more of a fulltime PF and giving up more of the scoring load to his teammates.

Then, they have some really nice young role players with Tristan (24), Shump (25), and Delly (24). Hell, even JR just turned 30.

I feel like the FO is getting too desperate too soon in this process. Right now, they're the #1 team in the East and the team's ceiling still hasn't been scratched, especially not in a playoff setting.

Most years, this team would be good enough to be considered maybe even the odds on favorite. This season is an outlier because of just how good Golden State and, to a lesser extent, SA has been. But, there is no trade that is going to magically have us moving the ball and playing defense on a string like those teams. In fact, bringing in even newer players to a brand new system could only prolong the process.

The Cavs' focus should be to build the best team they can and let the chips fall where they may. Don't get caught up in trying to pick up guys to match up with specific opponents. That strategy has blown up in our faces several times in the very recent past. That doesn't mean you can't make one or two trades to help things along, but don't do anything rash.

TL;DR - The Cavs need experience playing together more than anything else. Trust the process.

Black and White
02-16-2016, 02:04 AM
Mozgov I can understand, but if I were the Cav's GM I'm doing my best to hold onto Shumpert, his value isn't in his stats. Come playoff time I think he will prove his worth.

TheImmortal
02-16-2016, 02:21 AM
I really hope they give up Mozgov and Shumpert.. lowkey impact players. Mozgov is an athletic big that can hit free-throws at a high clip.. losing him would be good for me as a fan who wants to see the Cavs lose.

golden24boy
02-16-2016, 02:25 AM
Mozgov I can understand, but if I were the Cav's GM I'm doing my best to hold onto Shumpert, his value isn't in his stats. Come playoff time I think he will prove his worth.

if you were the LeGm :roll:

Spurs m8
02-16-2016, 02:27 AM

Could go down as one of the dumbest things ever said on ISH tbh

MiseryCityTexas
02-16-2016, 03:23 AM

He has always been a subpar career role player.

MiseryCityTexas
02-16-2016, 03:27 AM

Shumpert is expendable. He didn't do jack shit in last year's NBA Finals. That guy's really not that much better than Jared Cunningham in terms of offensive skill. Shumpert's a good one on one defender though, but so was Greg Buckner.

Hopper15
02-16-2016, 03:37 AM
It was stupid to give Shumpert 4/40 in the first place.

Nash
02-16-2016, 04:35 AM
FYI, McLemore is a Rich Paul client which means he's a Lebron client.

AintNoSunshine
02-16-2016, 05:34 AM
FYI, McLemore is a Rich Paul client which means he's a Lebron client.

So? Lebron isn't going to jeopardize his title chance for something like that.

Smoke117
02-16-2016, 05:37 AM

Shumpert has never been as good as he was advertised defensively.

TheMilkyBarKid
02-16-2016, 05:38 AM
So? Lebron isn't going to jeopardize his title chance for something like that.
How much did Tristan make in the summer?

2swift4u
02-16-2016, 06:18 AM
Yes, Cavs! Please give away your only tough-minded defensive players for some more one-way players. :applause:

This. He's one of the very few good defenders on this team. Would be a huge mistake to trade him imo.

As for Moszov, well he hasn't been playing very well this season, but he's the only center with size on this team. With all the small ball in the league right now it might not be super important anymore to have size but it can be important at times.

I don't believe the Cavs need to change their roster. they just need to step it up a notch and play smarter.

Human Error
02-16-2016, 07:05 AM
Love + Shumpert + Mozgov + a 1st rounder for Horford and Korver.

Cocaine80s
02-16-2016, 07:11 AM
http://cdn.slamonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/lebron-james-ben-mclemore-2.jpg

masonanddixon
02-16-2016, 07:21 AM
Mozgov was their best player in the Finals.

aj1987
02-16-2016, 07:25 AM
Mozgov was their best player in the Finals.
Pretty much like Chandler in the '11 Finals. :cheers:

masonanddixon
02-16-2016, 07:26 AM
Pretty much like Chandler in the '11 Finals. :cheers:

Mozgov was like a man amongst boys in that series. The only thing that stopped him was lebron's petty and fragile ego.

aj1987
02-16-2016, 07:30 AM
Mozgov was like a man amongst boys in that series. The only thing that stopped him was lebron's petty and fragile ego.
I'm sure that Draymond playing C had nothing to do with that, wannabe doctor.

Anyways, what you're saying is pretty much the same as what happened in '11. Chandler was a man among boys on that Mav's squad and was robbed off a FMVP. :cheers:

masonanddixon
02-16-2016, 07:32 AM

Anyways, what you're saying is pretty much the same as what happened in '11. Chandler was a man among boys on that Mav's squad and was robbed off a FMVP. :cheers:

yeah Chandler's 4ppg was what won that series. Mozgov was killing DPOY candidate Bogut too. I know you're strictly a Lebron fan and not an actual basketball fan but the truth is he once again was horrible in a big series against an actual good team.

brownmamba00
02-16-2016, 07:33 AM

not sure if serious

Cocaine80s
02-16-2016, 07:42 AM
yeah Chandler's 4ppg was what won that series. Mozgov was killing DPOY candidate Bogut too. I know you're strictly a Lebron fan and not an actual basketball fan but the truth is he once again was horrible in a big series against an actual good team.
That feel when ur a dirk fan and hate your life

aj1987
02-16-2016, 07:46 AM
yeah Chandler's 4ppg was what won that series.
Yeah, and Mozgov with his stone hands would've wrecked havoc in the paint and won the series.

Mozgov was killing DPOY candidate Bogut too.
:oldlol:

Bogut didn't even play 2 of the games and played like 2 minutes in one game. In the 3 games he did play, dude played like 20 minutes. The game in which Mozgov scored 28 (and was by FAR the best game of his), the Cav's got blown out by 21, because the Warriors went small. Mozgov couldn't defend ANYONE. That was game 4, BTW. The game in which Bogut played like 2 minutes. The 3 games in which Bogut played, Moz averaged 13/8.

I know you're strictly a Lebron fan and not an actual basketball fan but the truth is he once again was horrible in a big series against an actual good team.
Nah, I'm a Heat fan. A bigoted racist retard like yourself might not understand that though. I know for a FACT that you know jack shit about basketball, but try to watch a game and learn something about the sport.

LeBron was purposefully slowing down the pace. You don't win against the Warriors (with a garbage ass team no less) playing run and gun ball. They're gonna out shoot you and destroy you. The Cavs would've lost in 4 straight blowouts if they played uptempo basketball.

He couldn't hand over the playmaking duties to others nor was he able to let others make decisions, because they're low IQ players. Shump and JR were terrible and can't create for others. Delly had a hard time bringing the ball up court. Actually, Shump is a below average playmaker, but the other two are worse than garbage.

The game in which Mozgov put up 28 points, the Cavs lost by 21 points. LeBron struggled shooting the ball, but he did have 20/12/8. 12 rebounds and 8 assists (oh wait, rebounds and assists only matter when it's Bird). Delly went 3-14, JR 2-12, Shump 2-9, JJ 0-3, etc.. A combined 18% FG%. Literally no one could hit a shot. To top it off, the Warriors went small and Moz couldn't guard anyone on the court. Bogut was benched and Green was playing at the C.

You're blaming LeBron for Moz not getting more involved in game 5 after the 28 point game, when in fact, the COACH played him 9 minutes. He played over 30 minutes in game 6 and LeBron got him involved. Dude put up 17/12/4.

For the series, the 3 guys who played the 3rd, 4th, and 5th highest minutes managed to score a combined 25.5 points on sub 40% TS. 29% FG% and 28% 3pt%.

not sure if serious
Google the word 'sarcasm'.

warriorfan
02-16-2016, 07:54 AM
Bogut didn't even play 2 of the games and played like 2 minutes in one game. In the 3 games he did play, dude played like 20 minutes. The game in which Mozgov scored 28 (and was by FAR the best game of his), the Cav's got blown out by 21, because the Warriors went small. Mozgov couldn't defend ANYONE. That was game 4, BTW. The game in which Bogut played like 2 minutes. The 3 games in which Bogut played, Moz averaged 13/8.

so mozgov out produced andrew bogut and forced the warriors to alter their starting line up and strategy?

not bad at all.

aj1987
02-16-2016, 08:04 AM
so mozgov out produced andrew bogut and forced the warriors to alter their starting line up and strategy?

not bad at all.
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

The Warriors were significantly better playing small-ball against the Cav's. If the Cav's had a legit low-post offensive presence, then Bogut's defense would've been needed. With Moz, they were willing to sacrifice their low-post defense for an ATG level offense. Klay, Iggy, and Green were MORE than enough to shutdown the Cavs' perimeter offense.

tl;dr - The Warriors went small, because they needed more offense and didn't need as much interior defense.

PP34Deuce
02-16-2016, 11:02 AM
Shumpert isnt going to get you anything valuable. He's a good defender that can get out in transition. I say you keep him.

Mozgof is solid but Lue does not view him like Blatt did. Blatt knew him personally and knew how to reach him. Mozgof is an emotional player who can be down on his confidence.

stalkerforlife
02-16-2016, 11:21 AM
aj1987 is a fraud.

A lot of Cheat/Cavs fans act like team fans to help their credibility; it's pathetic and sad to see, but everyone has their own path in life.

They're strictly Branvestites.

34-24 Footwork
02-16-2016, 11:42 AM
Yeah, and Mozgov with his stone hands would've wrecked havoc in the paint and won the series.

:oldlol:

Nah, I'm a Heat fan. A bigoted racist retard like yourself might not understand that though. I know for a FACT that you know jack shit about basketball, but try to watch a game and learn something about the sport.

LeBron was purposefully slowing down the pace. You don't win against the Warriors (with a garbage ass team no less) playing run and gun ball. They're gonna out shoot you and destroy you. The Cavs would've lost in 4 straight blowouts if they played uptempo basketball.

He couldn't hand over the playmaking duties to others nor was he able to let others make decisions, because they're low IQ players. Shump and JR were terrible and can't create for others. Delly had a hard time bringing the ball up court. Actually, Shump is a below average playmaker, but the other two are worse than garbage.

The game in which Mozgov put up 28 points, the Cavs lost by 21 points. LeBron struggled shooting the ball, but he did have 20/12/8. 12 rebounds and 8 assists (oh wait, rebounds and assists only matter when it's Bird). Delly went 3-14, JR 2-12, Shump 2-9, JJ 0-3, etc.. A combined 18% FG%. Literally no one could hit a shot. To top it off, the Warriors went small and Moz couldn't guard anyone on the court. Bogut was benched and Green was playing at the C.

You're blaming LeBron for Moz not getting more involved in game 5 after the 28 point game, when in fact, the COACH played him 9 minutes. He played over 30 minutes in game 6 and LeBron got him involved. Dude put up 17/12/4.

For the series, the 3 guys who played the 3rd, 4th, and 5th highest minutes managed to score a combined 25.5 points on sub 40% TS. 29% FG% and 28% 3pt%.

Google the word 'sarcasm'.

The delusion is REAL. Lebron is a fumbling ballhandler/ballhog that can't play pick and roll. All his assists come when you double team him and he kicks it out to 3 point shooters. He's incapable of driving and dishing.

He can't shoot
He can't make freethrows
He can't finish through contact
He's a liability on the on the defensive end

Cavaliers have REAL guards who've been playing PG/SG their whole lives who know how to penetrate and dish.

sixer6ad
02-16-2016, 02:15 PM
The delusion is REAL. Lebron is a fumbling ballhandler/ballhog that can't play pick and roll. All his assists come when you double team him and he kicks it out to 3 point shooters. He's incapable of driving and dishing.

He can't shoot
He can't make freethrows

Cavaliers have REAL guards who've been playing PG/SG their whole lives who know how to penetrate and dish.

Posts lose credibility when they are born from hatred and dislike; they demonstrate a total lack of basketball IQ. People write things like the above nonsense on this stupid website, press send, and act like people are going to read it, and say, "You know, he (or she) makes some good points."

People know LeBron REALLY well; nearly every one of his games is on TV. People outside of CLE see him a lot. That makes people mad and they look for every single thing that he does wrong. If you closed your eyes and someone asked you to think about a player who is likely to end up the league's all-time leading scorer, has 40 career triple doubles, has been to six straight finals, league MVP's, etc., blah, blah, blah - what would you say? Did you watch Oscar Robertson a lot? Do you know all of his flaws? How about Jordan? Are you old enough to remember how he couldn't shoot when he got to the league? It was ugly! How about Jabaar's whiny behavior and lack of foot speed? Magic's jump shot? I'm mentioning all of these guys because he's passing all of these guys in nearly every category. Their greatness comes from "what they accomplished" in the league. Don't act like you know whether or not they were a good teammate/good person, etc. - calling BS on that. You know what the media reports. LeBron is flawed, but comments like Can't shoot, can't finish through contact, can't defend... It makes you look stupid when you're trying to say something important.

Stop acting like you know him and his game. You watch him, hate him, and find flaw EVERY time he makes a mistake. I know you don't cheer when he does something amazing. Did you applaud when he took Eric Snow, Larry Hughes, Sasha Pavlovic and Zydrunas Ilgauskas to the NBA Finals? Or couldn't he do anything there either?

Grow up and make comments that make some sense. LeBron can't finish - please. LeBron can't defend - please.

"No regard for human life". He finished there.

miggyme1
02-16-2016, 02:24 PM
Shumpert isnt going to get you anything valuable. He's a good defender that can get out in transition. I say you keep him.

Mozgof is solid but Lue does not view him like Blatt did. Blatt knew him personally and knew how to reach him. Mozgof is an emotional player who can be down on his confidence.

I agree to an extent but that's the beauty of three team trades.

Marv_Albert
02-16-2016, 03:18 PM
They just need to stick with the same god damn team, why blow it up now? your top of east surely will make finals... you only lost last year because 2 of your top 3 guys were not playing... this team could still well win it all this year if they keep the chemistry up, play hard d, pass to one another, and believe, i thought their motto was 'all for one one for all'

Marv_Albert
02-16-2016, 03:19 PM
then JR smith will decline because he would have lost his boy shump. and when players get traded it can **** up the whole team, give it a crack this year got a good chance

Hey Yo
02-16-2016, 03:32 PM
Posts lose credibility when they are born from hatred and dislike; they demonstrate a total lack of basketball IQ. People write things like the above nonsense on this stupid website, press send, and act like people are going to read it, and say, "You know, he (or she) makes some good points."

People know LeBron REALLY well; nearly every one of his games is on TV. People outside of CLE see him a lot. That makes people mad and they look for every single thing that he does wrong. If you closed your eyes and someone asked you to think about a player who is likely to end up the league's all-time leading scorer, has 40 career triple doubles, has been to six straight finals, league MVP's, etc., blah, blah, blah - what would you say? Did you watch Oscar Robertson a lot? Do you know all of his flaws? How about Jordan? Are you old enough to remember how he couldn't shoot when he got to the league? It was ugly! How about Jabaar's whiny behavior and lack of foot speed? Magic's jump shot? I'm mentioning all of these guys because he's passing all of these guys in nearly every category. Their greatness comes from "what they accomplished" in the league. Don't act like you know whether or not they were a good teammate/good person, etc. - calling BS on that. You know what the media reports. LeBron is flawed, but comments like Can't shoot, can't finish through contact, can't defend... It makes you look stupid when you're trying to say something important.

Stop acting like you know him and his game. You watch him, hate him, and find flaw EVERY time he makes a mistake. I know you don't cheer when he does something amazing. Did you applaud when he took Eric Snow, Larry Hughes, Sasha Pavlovic and Zydrunas Ilgauskas to the NBA Finals? Or couldn't he do anything there either?

Grow up and make comments that make some sense. LeBron can't finish - please. LeBron can't defend - please.

:applause:

34-24 footwork aka Straight_ Ballin ......just got ruined.

Haymaker
02-16-2016, 03:32 PM
Shump did a good job last season defending the splash bros. Can't ditch him because of a slump. :confusedshrug:

scm5
02-16-2016, 04:19 PM
It's insane to me how a player like Shumpert in the next two years will be paid as much as Matt Barnes for his entire career (past 12 years).

Matt Barnes is a better shooter, rebounder, scorer. He's an extremely versatile and effective defender that can defend 2-4's. Defensively, he's right there with Shumpert, with Shumpert having the higher ceiling on defense than Barnes.

I'm not sure if this is because Barnes has a horrible agent or because of his "attitude problems". I'd much rather pay Matt $2-3m/yr than Shumpert $10m/year.

DukeDelonte13
02-16-2016, 04:28 PM
It's insane to me how a player like Shumpert in the next two years will be paid as much as Matt Barnes for his entire career (past 12 years).

Matt Barnes is a better shooter, rebounder, scorer. He's an extremely versatile and effective defender that can defend 2-4's. Defensively, he's right there with Shumpert, with Shumpert having the higher ceiling on defense than Barnes.

I'm not sure if this is because Barnes has a horrible agent or because of his "attitude problems". I'd much rather pay Matt $2-3m/yr than Shumpert $10m/year.

Barnes is literally on a new team every year. There is a reason for that.

Segatti
02-16-2016, 04:32 PM

:applause: :applause:

scm5
02-16-2016, 04:59 PM
Barnes is literally on a new team every year. There is a reason for that.

Matt Barnes might be an idiot, but he's an idiot you want on your team. I loved him as a Laker and couldn't understand why we let him go. He never caused any problems for us.

1987_Lakers
02-16-2016, 05:49 PM
Matt Barnes might be an idiot, but he's an idiot you want on your team. I loved him as a Laker and couldn't understand why we let him go. He never caused any problems for us.

I never really liked Barnes as a laker, not that he was a bad player, but his shooting was just too inconsistent for me. Still a solid player off the bench that can help your team, but if you have him as a starter you have problems.

RedBlackAttack
02-16-2016, 06:08 PM

Shump is 25 and received a contract just as the players were on the brink of getting a new, humongous CBA agreement that include television rights. Get used to these kinds of figures, because in a couple years, a $10 million contract will be comparable to what a $2 million was in 2012.

Barnes would have gotten a lot more money if he were 25 and not an old bat.

NattyPButter
02-16-2016, 06:24 PM
Why would Cavs make a move when the team is just coming together? Yeah lets **** up the chemistry. Just BS journalist making a dumb rumors like they do every year for the Cavs hoping they come true.

aj1987
02-16-2016, 08:23 PM
The delusion is REAL. Kobe is a fumbling ballhandler/ballhog that can't play pick and roll. All his assists come when you double team him and he kicks it out to 3 point shooters. He's incapable of driving and dishing.

He can't shoot
He can't make freethrows

Lakers have REAL guards who've been playing PG/SG their whole lives who know how to penetrate and dish.
Yeah. Should've let Shaq handle shit in '04, instead of costing the Lakers and Shaq a ring. Top 12 gonna top 12 though. :cheers:

IMO, should be ~17 at best. Can't shoot, can't pass, low IQ etc. Chuckbe is a blackhole.