PDA

View Full Version : Ronda Rousey Says She Contemplated Suicide After Loss To Holly Holm

Draz
02-16-2016, 12:13 PM

bluechox2
02-16-2016, 12:16 PM
time to grow up...

Draz
02-16-2016, 12:18 PM
What a meme

Lebron23
02-16-2016, 12:28 PM
Mentally Weak. It sucks that she believes in her own hype.

zoom17
02-16-2016, 12:31 PM
Mental midget.

Patrick Chewing
02-16-2016, 12:31 PM
I hate her even more now.

Hopefully she never makes a comeback. She was a product of UFC and Joe Rogan hype.

highwhey
02-16-2016, 12:35 PM
So she felt like Poido.

bluechox2
02-16-2016, 12:43 PM
:lol
:roll:

Draz
02-16-2016, 12:45 PM
what do I do anymore and no one gives a shit about me anymore without this

oh mann

DrakeTheSnake
02-16-2016, 12:48 PM
Sad that 1 loss did so much to her mentally. That is a bit over competitive at that point.

Lebron23
02-16-2016, 01:00 PM
Sad that 1 loss did so much to her mentally. That is a bit over competitive at that point.

Nah, Holms is going to kick her @$$ again. And We won't be seeing her in the Octagon ever again.

The thing that separate the great fighters from the good fighters is the ability to bounce back from a defeat.

Legends66NBA7
02-16-2016, 01:05 PM
Never was a fan, but I would like to see her bounce back. Not because of the whole suicide thing, but because the sport does better when she's at the top of her game.

Holly Holm figured her out pretty well, though, not sure if she can win the belt back.

24-Inch_Chrome
02-16-2016, 01:10 PM

DaOldLion
02-16-2016, 01:13 PM
so she lost one time in her profession, wanted to kill herself because of it and then found meaning in possibly having a mans babies

way to be progressive in your mindset.. this is what women really want..

Godzuki
02-16-2016, 01:15 PM
karma. rousey was a arrogant bitch. holm is the complete opposite.

i believe in God now :bowdown:

Draz
02-16-2016, 01:16 PM
This is exactly why women should stay in kitchens and bedrooms.

Levity
02-16-2016, 01:20 PM
That would have made for quite the extreme thread on here

stalkerforlife
02-16-2016, 01:27 PM
If she comes back to beat Holm, it'll be HUGE for her career and legacy.

Because after watching that first fight, I don't think it's possible.

Holm boxes like a man.

BlakFrankWhite
02-16-2016, 01:32 PM
Poor bitch

Patrick Chewing
02-16-2016, 01:36 PM
Can't believe she still made the UFC 2 game cover after that loss.

TheSilentKiller
02-16-2016, 01:44 PM
jesus christ the lot of you are pathetic

stalkerforlife
02-16-2016, 02:25 PM
At least she is real.

Most of you twerps have contemplated suicide.

Patrick Chewing
02-16-2016, 03:43 PM
At least she is real.

If I was married to you I would.

oh the horror
02-16-2016, 03:57 PM
You deal in sport such as mixed martial arts and are so f*cking high on your own fumes that one single loss leads to you thinking of ending your life? This woman is mess. Doesn't she have PR people? Stop talking for awhile Rhonda.

Seems like any self worth she feels is from things outside of herself. Her fighting career and fans perception of her and then her basically having some guys babies is what made her want to live?

Wow.

This is why hero/idol worship is bad news.

Smoke117
02-16-2016, 03:58 PM
:rolleyes: :facepalm

nathanjizzle
02-16-2016, 04:00 PM
What a sad person she has become.

Nick Young
02-16-2016, 04:06 PM
What a meltdown, her overblown ego could not handle the fact she's a shit fighter.

Product of ESPN hype matchine and fighting tomato cans-nothing more.

Nick Young
02-16-2016, 04:08 PM
If she comes back to beat Holm, it'll be HUGE for her career and legacy.

Because after watching that first fight, I don't think it's possible.

Holm boxes like a man.
Holm is atleast 2 tiers above her in terms of skill, Ronda will never catch up unless Holm stops training.

Ronda is not going to come back vs Holm, she'll get murdered. They'll give her a few tomato cans to fight then the Holm rematch MAYBE.

Nick Young
02-16-2016, 04:09 PM
The GOAT female fighter in the world admits her only purpose in life is to spew out babies.

Alas.

dude77
02-16-2016, 04:23 PM
in the end, a female will revert back to her natural instincts regardless of anything else .. doesn't matter what persona she's putting on ..

as for rousey .. funny .. from being touted most feared female fighter to suicidal after one loss ..

maybe now she'll be a little more humble towards her opponents

Derka
02-16-2016, 04:24 PM
Strikes me as seriously overdramatic.

Don't give a shit what you have to say to Ellen; everyone has a bad day at work. Doesn't mean you get to cry when its time to clock in the next day. Nut up, Ronda.

red1
02-16-2016, 04:26 PM
I can't help but take this with a serious grain of salt. The fact that she is coming out and admitting it on ellen while tearing up just makes it look like an ego-gratifying pity party to me. Straight up just rubs me the wrong way to see someone who is such an aggressor in victory do a complete 180 and start playing the victim role over one ****ing loss.

ThePhantomCreep
02-16-2016, 04:37 PM
"There is winning and there is misery" - Bill Parcells

"It's not so much that I love winning, it's that I hate losing"- Larry Bird

The suicide talk is way over-the-top, otherwise there's nothing wrong with Ronda being devastated after a tough loss. A great competitor should be devastated to the point of tears--like Michael Jordan, who cried in the team bus after the Bulls lost to the Pistons in 1990.

Direct your venom towards the athletes who don't give a shit if their team wins or loses, not the athletes who break down when they fail to get the victory.

I'm hardly a Ronda fan btw. Can't stand her, actually. I just don't see what all the criticism is about.

AceManIII
02-16-2016, 04:44 PM
She needs to beat a scrub...then retire and have a family. She's too mentally weak to ever challenge Holm again

highwhey
02-16-2016, 04:45 PM
When will poido be on ellen tho?

jongib369
02-16-2016, 05:00 PM
The keyboard alpha males in this thread are really starting to make me laugh :lol

Whether it be the color of your skin, sex or w/e it always seems as if some cretin on the internet is the best thing to of ever walked the earth, and is superior to those who don't have said traits you didn't work for. I think a lot of these people are glad to see weakness in Ronda, because it has emasculated them to know that a woman could DESTROY them in the ring. If you guys were put in the ring with her, where your pansy asses couldn't sue, I'm willing to bet you'd either not say shit, or regret it once you did. All these guys bashing her "menta; toughness" probably never had to test their own, nor would they be able to maintain w/e amount they had under the spotlight like she has.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1856654.1404663855!/img/httpImage/animation-67.gif

Should she of gotten so down about one loss? No. Should she have believed in the media hype about her? No. But you fail to realize that the amount of pain she had over a loss, shows how much she cares about this sport. Her fans, etc etc. If you guys became good at something(which you probably aren't), and the media slobbed all over your knobs about it I guarantee you would blow a ton of smoke up your won asses as well.

The fact people would call her pathetic over something like contemplating suicide IMO shows how insecure, and pathetic you guys are.

I want you to watch these videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2qqvD6Sjqg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm3lM7KJNDc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNX4DDrSChc

Think about being in the woods, all alone, naked. With these 3 women, and 5 others like them staring you down from a distance. But close enough you see the whites of their eyes. All of them are naked as well, but they're wearing big, black strapons. I'm talking 8+inches long, and thick as ****. Now I want you to imagine them all chasing you down, without you having any chance of outrunning them. All it would take is one of them to over power you, they'd hold your beta ass to the ground, pressing your face against the dirt, and take your asshole anyway they wanted. One at a time.

You wouldn't be able to do a god damn thing.

bdreason
02-16-2016, 05:02 PM
She was raised as an athlete for her entire life. It's not surprising she would feel lost after a devastating loss like that.

Many athletes, including males, struggle with depression when they retire. When you live your entire life as an athlete, it can be hard, even impossible, to imagine your life without sport, and everything that goes with it.

bdreason
02-16-2016, 05:05 PM
Also, MMA is incredibly tough mentally and emotionally. Not only is it an individual sport, but when you lose, you aren't just losing a game... you're getting physically beat down.

imdaman99
02-16-2016, 05:06 PM
This is sad to hear. I don't know how serious she was saying it, it sounds a little dramatic on her part but still, everyone should have something else going on in their lives that they can lean on if they hit rock bottom with 1 thing. Family life is important in that regards. Most friends especially made because of your fame and riches will leave you when you hit a low but a good family will be there no matter what.

Smoke117
02-16-2016, 05:25 PM
At least she is real.

Don't project your issues on everybody else...

Nick Young
02-16-2016, 05:26 PM
The keyboard alpha males in this thread are really starting to make me laugh :lol

Whether it be the color of your skin, sex or w/e it always seems as if some cretin on the internet is the best thing to of ever walked the earth, and is superior to those who don't have said traits you didn't work for. I think a lot of these people are glad to see weakness in Ronda, because it has emasculated them to know that a woman could DESTROY them in the ring. If you guys were put in the ring with her, where your pansy asses couldn't sue, I'm willing to bet you'd either not say shit, or regret it once you did. All these guys bashing her "menta; toughness" probably never had to test their own, nor would they be able to maintain w/e amount they had under the spotlight like she has.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1856654.1404663855!/img/httpImage/animation-67.gif

Should she of gotten so down about one loss? No. Should she have believed in the media hype about her? No. But you fail to realize that the amount of pain she had over a loss, shows how much she cares about this sport. Her fans, etc etc. If you guys became good at something(which you probably aren't), and the media slobbed all over your knobs about it I guarantee you would blow a ton of smoke up your won asses as well.

The fact people would call her pathetic over something like contemplating suicide IMO shows how insecure, and pathetic you guys are.

Think about being in the woods, all alone, naked. With these 3 women, and 5 others like them staring you down from a distance. But close enough you see the whites of their eyes. All of them are naked as well, but they're wearing big, black strapons. I'm talking 8+inches long, and thick as ****. Now I want you to imagine them all chasing you down, without you having any chance of outrunning them. All it would take is one of them to over power you, they'd hold your beta ass to the ground, pressing your face against the dirt, and take your asshole anyway they wanted. One at a time.

Look at this white knight doe:lol :lol :lol

Do you write essays like this when people criticize the mental strength of Lebron or Kobe?:confusedshrug:

oh the horror
02-16-2016, 05:32 PM

Do you write essays like this when people criticize the mental strength of Lebron or Kobe?:confusedshrug:

Not only was it an essay but a strange one at that.

ArbitraryWater
02-16-2016, 05:35 PM
so what do we got here... 30 posters consecutively saying "what a sad person she is" something among those lines? Yes, we need one more.. leggo!

dunksby
02-16-2016, 05:39 PM
****ing drama queen should have offed herself :facepalm

jongib369
02-16-2016, 06:04 PM
Not only was it an essay but a strange one at that.
I'm just pointing out obvious insecurities, and a complete disregard for another human beings state of mind. It's these kind of posters I'd love to see completely hopeless, and embarrassed in any kind of situation

jongib369
02-16-2016, 06:05 PM

You're actually silly enough to boil it down to "white knight"

If you've seen my critical eye towards feminism, and the PC culture in general you'd know I'm far from it.

In regards to LeBron, or Kobe I usually don't have to worry about them because a stan will take care of it for me. For instance, when someone says something retarded about Wilt, or Jordan I know 3ball, or Lazurus are on 24/7 watch for that shit. If they fail in making their point, or say something silly with incredible bias, that's when I swoop in and put in my two cents. The reason I came in on this one is pathetic sacks of shit like you bashing someone for thinking about suicide.

I'd have a hard time not beating your ass, slapping you around until you cried if I met you in person :lol

I'm a nice guy to most, but people who are so dense towards others emotions/difficult moments in their life I feel like stomping their face in. I'm not trying to puff my chest here, i'm sure many posters on here would whoop my ass. But unlike most keyboard warriors I'm actually crazy enough to back it up. If you knew me, and have seen what I've done to people in the past you wouldn't doubt it either. Some people you can reason with, others you have to beat some sense/humility in them because their parents never did. Like wtf is wrong with you guys :lol . Not feeling sorry for her is one thing, but BASHING her for it? Jesus. It's not like she completely gave up

:cheers:

Nick Young
02-16-2016, 06:06 PM
I'm just pointing out obvious insecurities, and a complete disregard for another human beings state of mind. It's these kind of posters I'd love to see completely hopeless, and embarrassed in any kind of situation
Do you write white knight essays when people say things like "Lebron is mentally weak" and "Kobe choked"?

9erempiree
02-16-2016, 06:09 PM
She is done in the fight game after all of this. While I take suicide seriously but I did not like when she said 'nobody will care about me without this'...it's as if she is thinking about her fame.

If you were truly passionate about the fight game, you wouldn't care what people think. You just come back stronger.

Instead, of saying the loss was devastating and I contemplated suicide....she was contemplating suicide because she felt she may have lost her fame.

“I was literally sitting there and thinking about killing myself and that exact second I’m like, ‘I’m nothing, what do I do anymore and no one gives a shit about me anymore without this,’” Rousey explained on the episode of DeGeneres’ show that will air Tuesday.

9erempiree
02-16-2016, 06:13 PM

I was a huge proponent of Rousey destroying Floyd Mayweather but will retract because now that I've seen her womanly instinct come out.

She will not beat any male for that matter. She does not have what men have and that is ape shit rage.

ace23
02-16-2016, 06:23 PM
Love the competitive fire. Hope she comes back and whoops that bitch ass.

jongib369
02-16-2016, 06:23 PM
I was a huge proponent of Rousey destroying Floyd Mayweather but will retract because now that I've seen her womanly instinct come out.

She will not beat any male for that matter. She does not have what men have and that is ape shit rage.
She could probably beat SOME male fighters, but the people who say she could beat the top, or champ in her own weight division are silly IMO. But who knows, maybe I'm wrong. We've never SEEN it happen. From my understanding, her technique is very limited. Looked like she had a LOT of trouble with someone longer, quicker, and a better striker. No idea why she tried fighting someone like that with the same strategy as she did everyone else. Stupid on her part, hopefully she can at least change it up and put up a better fight next time. Win or lose

Fighting is more than having ape shit rage as I'm sure you're aware, and I've seen women with it. I'm sure Ronda has it. Onetime a woman went ****ing NUTS on me swinging her purse at my face for flirting with her casually. She got one solid hit... It took me throwing her against a wall to finally calm her shit :lol. I'd never do that to a woman unless defending myself, so thankfully the people around me didn't gang up on me. They saw she was crazy. Basically just said she looked really cute :lol

JEFFERSON MONEY
02-16-2016, 06:44 PM
She meant in that moment while in the ER she felt like killing herself because she just lost everything she made of herself. Kinda like a little kid saying, "I hope you die" when they're angry at their parents. But you know, they don't really mean it.

She needs to stop playing the victim, and she's basically making her loss bigger that her career.

Yep.

Just a very low low for a short amount of time.

Happens to all human beings, especially those with less test.

Nick Young
02-16-2016, 07:01 PM
She could probably beat SOME male fighters, but the people who say she could beat the top, or champ in her own weight division are silly IMO. But who knows, maybe I'm wrong. We've never SEEN it happen. From my understanding, her technique is very limited. Looked like she had a LOT of trouble with someone longer, quicker, and a better striker. No idea why she tried fighting someone like that with the same strategy as she did everyone else. Stupid on her part, hopefully she can at least change it up and put up a better fight next time. Win or lose

Fighting is more than having ape shit rage as I'm sure you're aware, and I've seen women with it. I'm sure Ronda has it. Onetime a woman went ****ing NUTS on me swinging her purse at my face for flirting with her casually. She got one solid hit... It took me throwing her against a wall to finally calm her shit :lol. I'd never do that to a woman unless defending myself, so thankfully the people around me didn't gang up on me. They saw she was crazy. Basically just said she looked really cute :lol

Rousey would not be able to last 1 minute vs the 400th ranked male fighter in her weight class.

Sorry, it is just reality. The strength and athleticism advantage between men and women is just too much. It's the same reason why 15 year old boys are able to beat womens international soccer teams 10-0 even when the 15 year old boys play with 10 players vs 11.

Rousey has no chance to defeat any professional or semi professional male fighter. That's not a knock on Rousey. It's just reality.

Haven't you ever played sports against a girl and realized how easy it was? Even when you go easy it's hard to not dominate vs them, even when they are more skilled than you and trying their hardest and you aren't trying very hard.

Sorry that biology and science goes against the gurrl power narrative.

Rousey is on record saying she has beaten and physically abused past boyfriends, she definitely has the ape rage.

That rage is one of the main reasons she lost the Holm fight apart from her skill disadvantage. The longer the fight lasted, the more and more frustrated Rousey got.

ThePhantomCreep
02-16-2016, 07:25 PM

Not only were you stupid for thinking she could beat Floyd in the first place, you literally picked the dumbest reason to change your position. You think male fighters don't become despondent after a loss? I just watched several Carolina Panthers weep like children after the SB, heartbroken that their dreams were crushed. Are they lacking in "ape shit rage"?

Bless Mathews
02-16-2016, 07:45 PM
Not only were you stupid for thinking she could beat Floyd in the first place, you literally picked the dumbest reason to change your position. You think male fighters don't become despondent after a loss? I just watched several Carolina Panthers weep like children after the SB, heartbroken that their dreams were crushed. Are they lacking in "ape shit rage"?

Bandwagon empire is the biggest idiot 22 year old college student in America.

Two more examples above.

Sissy boy

Jameerthefear
02-16-2016, 07:47 PM
What a bitch. "wahh wahh i'll have to go back to my big house."
You know how many times I've wanted to put a bullet in my brain and didn't cry about it? Shut the hell up Rousey

warriorfan
02-16-2016, 07:47 PM
she let her own hype get to her and when the bubble burst there was a massive fall

at least she dealt with it and didnt blow her brains out

warriorfan
02-16-2016, 07:48 PM
What a bitch. "wahh wahh i'll have to go back to my big house."
You know how many times I've wanted to put a bullet in my brain and didn't cry about it? Shut the hell up Rousey

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

senelcoolidge
02-16-2016, 08:11 PM

Jameer are you ok? You can always talk any of us if you're feeling blue.

plowking
02-16-2016, 08:40 PM
Love the competitive fire. Hope she comes back and whoops that bitch ass.

She won't.

9erempiree
02-16-2016, 08:58 PM

Yes, I remember the uproar you caused on here and you should be embarrassed.

Jeff does not like people contemplating suicide on his site and a lot of members were banned due to you.

You should be humbled by the support you got on here and be ashamed for thinking about off'ing yourself.

!@#$%Vectors!@#
02-16-2016, 09:18 PM
White Americans are so mentally weak and unstable. Not even being racist or exaggerating.

I'll say this. Suicide comes to everyones mind some time or another. It's just a matter of remaining strong understanding that nothing lasts forever.

Jameerthefear
02-16-2016, 09:21 PM
Yes, I remember the uproar you caused on here and you should be embarrassed.

Jeff does not like people contemplating suicide on his site and a lot of members were banned due to you.

You should be humbled by the support you got on here and be ashamed for thinking about off'ing yourself.
No one was banned dude. And that was a much younger Jameer

Cold soul
02-16-2016, 09:22 PM
She needs to grow up already but damn that's depressing. I don't like her and find her crazy overrated but even I hope she bounces back.

Cold soul
02-16-2016, 09:25 PM
If I was married to you I would.

Damn that's just cold are you chick because if not....

!@#$%Vectors!@#
02-16-2016, 09:29 PM
She needs to grow up already but damn that's depressing. I don't like her and find her crazy overrated but even I hope she bounces back.
'
she won't bounce back. Holms literally now owns her soul and her mind.

Cold soul
02-16-2016, 09:31 PM
'
she won't bounce back. Holms literally now owns her soul and her mind.

Yeah most likely she will prolly quit and go to Hollywood to make movies she already doing that now.

navy
02-16-2016, 09:36 PM
Not sure why people are attacking her for this.

Think about it, she was hyped up as this unstoppable force. It got to her head alittle bit and then when it came crashing down people were relentless. It sucks it lose in the internet age especially. She has no claim to fame now that we've basically exposed female mma in general.

Nick Young
02-16-2016, 10:05 PM
Not sure why people are attacking her for this.

Think about it, she was hyped up as this unstoppable force. It got to her head alittle bit and then when it came crashing down people were relentless. It sucks it lose in the internet age especially. She has no claim to fame now that we've basically exposed female mma in general.
She's on the cover of the new Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition even though she's not that hot. Even though she got her ass kicked and got exposed, she's still the media's go-to example for badass women and is still one of the UFC's biggest stars.

Her claim to fame is her ESPN hype machine, even though reality clashes with her image, she's still a star and still has her lucrative endorsements.

Think about it. No one is hyped for Holly Holm. Champion Holly Holm isn't the one on Ellen Degeneres months after the fight happened. Champion Holly Holm isn't on the cover of the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue. Holly Holm isn't getting media appearances. Ronda Rousey the girl who got destroyed is.