bluechox2
02-16-2016, 03:25 PM
i can see the magic dumping jennings to the knicks for more assets

sammichoffate
02-16-2016, 03:26 PM
AG did so well in the dunk contest that he got Harris traded lolz:oldlol:

zeerghit
02-16-2016, 03:26 PM
harris, kief, stanley.. whos playing pf? i think more trades coming from pistons

bluechox2
02-16-2016, 03:29 PM
harris, kief, stanley.. whos playing pf? i think more trades coming from pistons
morris

Fallen Angel
02-16-2016, 03:29 PM
https://i.gyazo.com/f4bc0d5db457b3c3197ac15d3b73af71.png

oh daymn

SwishSquared
02-16-2016, 03:30 PM
harris, kief, stanley.. whos playing pf? i think more trades coming from pistonsThey'll probably start Morris and Harris as the forwards, with Stanley and Tolliver rotating in off the bench.

outbreak
02-16-2016, 03:30 PM
If its just harris i don't mind this. Jennings was a rumoured target. Also harris looks better as a pf so that's who would play the four in detroit

Fallen Angel
02-16-2016, 03:31 PM
Harris and Morris are both able to play the small ball PF, which is great because they're playing with Drummond who needs the spacing.

SVG is doing a good job.

Levity

haha wrong morris brother. but either marcus or tobias. theres not many (or maybe any) PF in the east that neither of them cant match up with.

4 Inches
8 mile.

SwishSquared
02-16-2016, 03:32 PM
If its just harris i don't mind this. Jennings was a rumoured target. Also harris looks better as a pf so that's who would play the four in detroitDo you think AG will start at PF now? You have a TO for Ersan next year and could keep with Frye as the backup PF/C combo.

outbreak
02-16-2016, 03:33 PM
Do you think AG will start at PF now? You have a TO for Ersan next year and could keep with Frye as the backup PF/C combo.
Ag has been starting for the last few games already. I imagine they will keep fournier at the 3 and ag at the 4. Fryes sometimes out of the rotatio so ilyasova may fill the back up with him. I think frye is moved though. I think ine reason they want to move harris is fournier can shoot more reliably so helps cover our streaky shooting and hes in for a deal this off season. We have some solid guys like harris but they just don't fit well

SwishSquared
02-16-2016, 03:37 PM
Ag has been starting for the last few games already. I imagine they will keep fournier at the 3 and ag at the 4. Fryes sometimes out of the rotatio so ilyasova may fill the back up with him. I think frye is moved though. I think ine reason they want to move harris is fournier can shoot more reliably so helps cover our streaky shooting and hes in for a deal this off season. We have some solid guys like harris but they just don't fit wellOh Harris was coming off the bench recently? I didn't know that.

I'd like to see Payton-Dipo-Fournier-AG-Vuc going forward too. Rotate in Mario, Ersan, and Frye (if he's still there). You could have target Ersan with trading Frye in mind, which makes some sense.

I feel like you guys will probably try to make a move on a PG. Napier isn't good enough and is Watson consistent enough health-wise?

JonatanRey
02-16-2016, 03:38 PM
Havent read it yet but Detroit has stolen in this one, right?

zeerghit
02-16-2016, 03:40 PM
yeah SVG doing great job as always

outbreak
02-16-2016, 03:41 PM
Oh Harris was coming off the bench recently? I didn't know that.

I'd like to see Payton-Dipo-Fournier-AG-Vuc going forward too. Rotate in Mario, Ersan, and Frye (if he's still there). You could have target Ersan with trading Frye in mind, which makes some sense.

I feel like you guys will probably try to make a move on a PG. Napier isn't good enough and is Watson consistent enough health-wise?
He was injured for about 4 games. Fourniers played the three in the past too and off the bench. Part of ily in this deal makes me think its not the last move orlando make at the deadline. With ag smith frye and ily all at the four seems there's versatility for another deal

Fallen Angel
02-16-2016, 03:42 PM
Yeah, Harris is only 23 and yet is a versatile scorer that is an above average rebounder for his position and can play both the 3 and 4.

golden24boy
02-16-2016, 03:47 PM
great one by pistons...as for magic i still expect at least one trade to come:pimp:

outbreak
02-16-2016, 03:54 PM
One interesting thing is skiles coached all these guys on the bucks so I guess he still prefers them to harris?

DaOldLion
02-16-2016, 03:55 PM
didn't they just sign Harris to a max deal over the summmer :roll: :roll:

outbreak
02-16-2016, 03:57 PM
didn't they just sign Harris to a max deal over the summmer :roll: :roll:
our starting five as it is is broken, they don't fit and harris's shooting has regressed. with fournier needing a new deal this summer and looking a better fit then harris something had to happen. I expected more return on harris but there's reports now that orlando is strongly looking to move frye before the deadline too to free up cap space for another larger deal. I'll wait and see what happens but i understand this deal from orlando's perspective just thought we'd get a little bit more out of him. There was a lot of talk of letting harris walk last season as we had fournier and gordon so at least we got something back.

AI09
02-16-2016, 04:00 PM
I like this for both teams detriot can run

Jackson
Pope
Johnson
Harris/Marcus
Drummond
Or
Jackson
Pope
Marcus
Harris
Drummond

Magic also looking good this trade gives em a PG who can shoot the ball I would even start Jennings over Elfrid

Jennings/Payton
Oladipo/Evan
Hezonja
Gordan/Ersan
Vucevic

That's the lineup I'd roll with if I were Orl but idk haven't watched much of them lately I'm sure Hezonja showed the Magic he's ready for minutes and Gordan impressed at the dunk contest raised his value a bit still needs a lot more work on his game. Oladipo took a step back this season in my opinion but he will be just fine. I don't think it's enough to make the playoffs but definitely needed to move Tobias he just signed a huge contract and it isn't paying off for the magic if not for that contract I think he'd still be in Orl

outbreak
02-16-2016, 04:01 PM
I like this for both teams detriot can run

Jackson
Pope
Johnson
Harris/Marcus
Drummond
Or
Jackson
Pope
Marcus
Harris
Drummond

Magic also looking good this trade gives em a PG who can shoot the ball I would even start Jennings over Elfrid

Jennings/Payton
Oladipo/Evan
Hezonja
Gordan/Ersan
Vucevic

That's the lineup I'd roll with if I were Orl but idk haven't watched much of them lately I'm sure Hezonja showed the Magic he's ready for minutes and Gordan impressed at the dunk contest raised his value a bit still needs a lot more work on his game. Oladipo took a step back this season in my opinion but he will be just fine. I don't think it's enough to make the playoffs but definitely needed to move Tobias he just signed a huge contract and it isn't paying off for the magic if not for that contract I think he'd still be in Orl

Fournier would start over hezonja at the three.

AI09
02-16-2016, 04:09 PM
Fournier would start over hezonja at the three.

Yeah I'm sure that will be the case but I'd really like to see hezonja get some starter minutes or something like Russel is getting in LA I feel mario has way more upside been watching him the last couple years before he got drafted he is just as good a shooter as evan and way better athlete also.

I think Orlando needs to get a new PG this summer I really don't think Payton is the answer

pastis
02-16-2016, 04:15 PM
i wonder how orlandos long-term plan looks like

outbreak
02-16-2016, 04:52 PM
Yeah I'm sure that will be the case but I'd really like to see hezonja get some starter minutes or something like Russel is getting in LA I feel mario has way more upside been watching him the last couple years before he got drafted he is just as good a shooter as evan and way better athlete also.

I think Orlando needs to get a new PG this summer I really don't think Payton is the answer
I thought he was earlier this season, he had some games where he looked great. But since then he's had a lot of bad games and his defence has been bad too.

Hezonja's seen a minutes increase but he's still not as reliable or consistent as fournier as an all round player. His defence isn't there yet either. I'm high on him but I'd still be fine with him off the bench for now.

Who knows though if orlando is looking at another big deal this deadline the rumours all pointed to teams asking for oladipo which would open up a spot for hezonja.

outbreak
02-16-2016, 04:54 PM
i wonder how orlandos long-term plan looks like
In hennigans mind something like this :roll:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jgslwyx
and our first.

Jennings/Payton
Belinelli/Hezonja
Fournier/Hezonja
Gordon/Ilyasova
Cousins/Smith

pastis
02-16-2016, 05:01 PM
In hennigans mind something like this :roll:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jgslwyx
and our first.

Jennings/Payton
Belinelli/Hezonja
Fournier/Hezonja
Gordon/Ilyasova
Cousins/Smith

:lol :lol :lol

Sacramento will trade DMC just for another super star. Or a legit AS with some picks. Sacramento has hard times behind them and they had a golden hand with picking DMC. they know that they never will lure another great player to Sacramento if they lose DMC and they know that they will never draft another player of DMC calibre

senelcoolidge
02-16-2016, 05:20 PM
What a terrible trade for the Magic? It would be better to give a lot for Blake Griffin and still be a playoff team. Blake will make them much better in time.

MP.Trey
02-16-2016, 05:33 PM
SVG. :bowdown:

Nash
02-16-2016, 05:42 PM
Imagine going from living in the awesome weather in Orlando to Detroit.

Levity
02-16-2016, 05:44 PM

ok

bluechox2
02-16-2016, 05:46 PM

he can move into one street and gate it off for the price of a lambo

coin24
02-16-2016, 05:46 PM

Things could be worse.. Imagine living in Cleveland :oldlol:

Rake2204
02-16-2016, 05:51 PM
Any Magic fellows have some legit insight on Harris' defensive abilities? Can he guard both threes and fours? Does he excel in any aspects on that side of the ball?

he can move into one street and gate it off for the price of a lamboI know you say that tongue-in-cheek, but my kneejerk reaction is always to mention that the Pistons currently play in Auburn Hills, which borders one of the most affluent areas in the country, so he should be able to get by. (Again, I know you're just fooling though.)

outbreak
02-16-2016, 05:54 PM
Any Magic fellows have some legit insight on Harris' defensive abilities? Can he guard both threes and fours? Does he excel in any aspects on that side of the ball?

I know you say that tongue-in-cheek, but my kneejerk reaction is always to mention that the Pistons currently play in Auburn Hills, which borders one of the most affluent areas in the country, so he should be able to get by. (Again, I know you're just fooling though.)

He's a below average defender at either position, sometimes he tries and looks decent but yeah it's not his strength but I do think he can do a passable job at either position so he is versatile and it's not like he's a liability in either the three or the four you just don't want him on the oppositions best players regardless. His main talent is scoring but his three point shot has dropped off this year. If it weren't for that I'd say he's having a solid offensive season. He's improved his slashing and cutting a lot, ball movement has improved too. I think it's just a case of him not fitting in a line up where Payton can't shoot, Dipo is a streaky shooter, Gordon is a streaky shooter. Put him on a more well rounded roster and I think he will look solid.

outbreak
02-16-2016, 05:58 PM
It's interesting all players involved played under skiles

Aussie Dunker
02-16-2016, 05:59 PM
Harris is 6-10 and likes playing PF - so I expect to see him start there,

But will expect to see plenty of Harris/Morris - Harris/Stanley - Morris/Stanley

I don't think this hinders Stanley at all,

Rake2204
02-16-2016, 06:00 PM
He's a below average defender at either position, sometimes he tries and looks decent but yeah it's not his strength but I do think he can do a passable job at either position so he is versatile and it's not like he's a liability in either the three or the four you just don't want him on the oppositions best players regardless. His main talent is scoring but his three point shot has dropped off this year. If it weren't for that I'd say he's having a solid offensive season. He's improved his slashing and cutting a lot, ball movement has improved too. I think it's just a case of him not fitting in a line up where Payton can't shoot, Dipo is a streaky shooter, Gordon is a streaky shooter. Put him on a more well rounded roster and I think he will look solid.Appreciate the insight, man. That was going to be my next question. I was wondering what the deal was with the drop off in his three-point shot.

RedBlackAttack
02-16-2016, 06:02 PM
I'd much prefer Detroit climate, tbh. Orlando is ridiculously humid and summers are borderline unbearable and completely uncomfortable.

Also, the traffic can be terrible.

outbreak
02-16-2016, 06:03 PM
Harris is 6-10 and likes playing PF - so I expect to see him start there,

But will expect to see plenty of Harris/Morris - Harris/Stanley - Morris/Stanley

I don't think this hinders Stanley at all,
he's listed 6'9 and when you see him next to others I think he's much closer to 6'8. But he can play the power forward spot fine imo

outbreak
02-16-2016, 06:04 PM
Appreciate the insight, man. That was going to be my next question. I was wondering what the deal was with the drop off in his three-point shot.
I don't know what it is but he's been bricking a lot of wide open threes this year which really hurts us with how our teams been built. At times he's looked like he would be a solid three point option but then he'll just miss easy ones. He's still young though. Orlando isn't moving him because he's bad but we need to do something and he is the most redundant on the roster with Gordon showing flashes or star potential and fournier/hezonja looking like a better fit at the three with guys like dipo and payton who are iffy shooters. Just a case of him being the most replaceable and likely management thinking he doesn't have as high a ceiling as some of our other guys. I think he'll fit in well in detroit, if they can lock up some more bench depth this off season they will be a really solid squad next year

sfballa13
02-16-2016, 06:14 PM
I'd much prefer Detroit climate, tbh. Orlando is ridiculously humid and summers are borderline unbearable and completely uncomfortable.

Also, the traffic can be terrible.

Lived in both places Detroit and Florida

Florida's weather (despite being muggy and humid) is about 10000000000x better and more enjoyable than Detroit

Constant freezing temps, depressing winters fcuk that shit

MMM
02-16-2016, 06:17 PM
Harris really talking playoffs????

the pistons aren't currently in but the Magic were doing solid and looked on the verge of the playoffs before things blew up. Harris was definitely part of that due to his regression this season

Jameerthefear
02-16-2016, 07:01 PM
lmao skiles has taken over the front office. what a joke

Jameerthefear
02-16-2016, 07:09 PM
jennings is ****ing awful

DeuceWallaces
02-16-2016, 07:12 PM
Good move. Not Earth shattering but it sure feels nice knowing you can trust your coach and front office.

Bosnian Sajo
02-16-2016, 08:09 PM
I'm so pissed I dropped Fournier in Fantasy, he is gonna get a lot more touches now.

But I like this deal for both teams. Orlando had to do something, their team wasn't working as it. Jennings is a low risk, high reward player and Ersan has played for Skiles before.

As for the Pistons, I LOVE it for them. Harris is a great player and fits in well with Drummond and Reggie, but I hope Stanley still gets consistent minutes.

Bosnian Sajo
02-16-2016, 08:10 PM
Also, this trade makes me pissed that Tobias resigned with Orlando over the summer. He would of fit in like a glove with the Lakers.

RedBlackAttack
02-16-2016, 08:26 PM
Lived in both places Detroit and Florida

Florida's weather (despite being muggy and humid) is about 10000000000x better and more enjoyable than Detroit

Constant freezing temps, depressing winters fcuk that shit
I've spent a lot of time in FLA over the years. I personally much prefer having four distinct seasons to it being hot and muggy 24/7 365 days a year. Detroit isn't "constantly freezing." It is chilly to cold for probably 1/3 of the year.

South and central Florida are cool to visit occasionally while on vacation, but living there? I couldn't do it.

Different strokes for different folks. I think it is kind of silly to just assume people want to live in the blazing heat, though. Take LeBron as an example... even when he played for the Heat, he only lived there during the season. His main residence was still in Ohio.

As for the trade, it seems like Orlando has a lot of smallish PG/combos on their roster. The trade doesn't make much sense to me from their POV.

DrakeTheSnake
02-16-2016, 08:31 PM
https://i.gyazo.com/f4bc0d5db457b3c3197ac15d3b73af71.png

oh daymn

Interesting.

Bosnian Sajo
02-16-2016, 08:35 PM
I've spent a lot of time in FLA over the years. I personally much prefer having four distinct seasons to it being hot and muggy 24/7 365 days a year. Detroit isn't "constantly freezing." It is chilly to cold for probably 1/3 of the year.

South and central Florida are cool to visit occasionally while on vacation, but living there? I couldn't do it.

Different strokes for different folks. I think it is kind of silly to just assume people want to live in the blazing heat, though. Take LeBron as an example... even when he played for the Heat, he only lived there during the season. His main residence was still in Ohio.

Having lived in South Florida all 20 years of my life (tampa bay area), I strongly agree. 4 distinct seasons sounds so pleasant, I would love to experience that some day. If you like hot weather, then Florida is perfect for you, but I personally like winter and LOVE fall, so beautiful how the tree's leaves change color.

DeuceWallaces
02-16-2016, 09:08 PM
Weather in southern Michigan sucks for about 6-8 weeks. And even that is debateable. My winter sports are pretty much summed up by 2:30 AM sledding. Your mileage may vary if you ski, skate, etc. It's mostly in the 20's, which as opposed to the mid-south, at least means all the water is frozen and it's not a cold rainy icy muddy shit show for 2 months.

There's also Mid-Western Fall; can't be beat.

warriorfan
02-16-2016, 09:10 PM
you guys are suckers

cali got the best weather hands down

ZMonkey11
02-16-2016, 09:56 PM
he's listed 6'9 and when you see him next to others I think he's much closer to 6'8. But he can play the power forward spot fine imo

Was going to say the same. He is about LeBron James' height.

stalkerforlife
02-16-2016, 11:30 PM

As for the trade, it seems like Orlando has a lot of smallish PG/combos on their roster. The trade doesn't make much sense to me from their POV.

:biggums:

Winter weather in Florida is PERFECT.

The summer is horrid, I agree.

But your statement is far off.

Bosnian Sajo
02-17-2016, 03:08 AM
:biggums:

Winter weather in Florida is PERFECT.

The summer is horrid, I agree.

Yea dude, but the winter here is random af and is very short. We literally skipped winter this year, like wtf :lol

And the summer is unbearable, idk how people can spend all day at the beach. If I go to the beach (btw, blessed to live 10 minutes away from easily the best beach in the US) it's in the morning and I'm out by 12. Not to mention the HORRIBLE traffic, holy shit, I've been stuck on the bridge for an hour before...in the heat. ****ing hell, m8.