PDA

View Full Version : So Lillard is leading the Blazers (sans LMA, Batum) to the playoffs but Russ couldn't

k0kakw0rld
02-16-2016, 07:31 PM
With OKC? and their stacked roster :facepalm

But MVP caliber player they say :lol

Fvck outta here, the biggest "empty stats" in this league, in all honesty.

Kawhi
02-16-2016, 07:33 PM
Westbrook himself missed ~20 games that season. They started their season at 4-12 without Westbrook and Durant. What'd you expect him to do?

Inferno
02-16-2016, 07:34 PM
Lillard :bowdown:

warriorfan
02-16-2016, 07:36 PM
for the amount of games westbrook wins due to great play he loses the same due to stupid play

Fallen Angel
02-16-2016, 07:39 PM
Wasn't Westbrook and the Thunder one game away from making the playoffs?

We're only half way through the season, Rockets are 0.5 GB from Portland and don't count out Sacramento (or even more shocking Denver) from making a run.

And OKC wasn't stacked.
And don't forget Westbrook was putting up monster triple doubles during that season.

I know you're an idiot and trolling, but just wanted to point that out.

Kawhi
02-16-2016, 07:39 PM
Last season, Westbrook played in 67 games. In those 67 games, the Thunder went 40-27, which equals a winning percentage of 0.597.

Lillard's Blazers are currently, after 54 games, sitting at 27-27, which obviously equals a wining percentage of .500.

Stupid thread.

RoseCity07
02-16-2016, 07:40 PM
I know it's never going to happen but I would love to see Lillard paired with another star player like Durant. I even think Lillard could get along with Dwight because he is actually more than willing to give the ball up to his bigs. He never once complained with Aldridge taking 20 shots a night.

Lillard is a team player. I think he cares about stats but much more about winning. Losing 4 starters in one off season and he still has his team in the 7th seed. I think on Lebron or Duncan could do that.

k0kakw0rld
02-16-2016, 07:56 PM
Wasn't Westbrook and the Thunder one game away from making the playoffs?

We're only half way through the season, Rockets are 0.5 GB from Portland and don't count out Sacramento (or even more shocking Denver) from making a run.

And OKC wasn't stacked.
And don't forget Westbrook was putting up monster triple doubles during that season.

I know you're an idiot and trolling, but just wanted to point that out.
EMPTY STATS at his finest.

The point is, the Blazers are not supposed to even be there to begin with.
You really want to compare last year's Thunder to this Blazers team? :oldlol:

k0kakw0rld
02-16-2016, 07:58 PM
Last season, Westbrook played in 67 games. In those 67 games, the Thunder went 40-27, which equals a winning percentage of 0.597.

Lillard's Blazers are currently, after 54 games, sitting at 27-27, which obviously equals a wining percentage of .500.

Stupid thread.
That is not the point.

He was put in a position to succeed and failed. Don't bring me numbers or percentage here, it's irrelevant to the point I am trying to prove.

Kawhi
02-16-2016, 07:59 PM
Last years Thunder team went 5-10 without Westbrook. This years Blazers team is 4-3 without Lillard.

Kawhi
02-16-2016, 08:01 PM
That is not the point.

He was put in a position to succeed and failed. Don't bring me numbers or percentage here, it's irrelevant to the point I am trying to prove.
Elaborate, how exactly was he put in a position to succeed? His teammates wet the bed without him and he had to put the team on his back, make an heroic effort to get to the playoffs, while odds where against him.

k0kakw0rld
02-16-2016, 08:01 PM
Last years Thunder team went 5-10 without Westbrook. This years Blazers team is 4-3 without Lillard.
Hey, look who's bringing up numbers again...

Get over it, Westbrook is massively overrated as a player. Freak of nature but where did his IQ go? :confusedshrug: He can make the most amazing plays and just like Warriorfan said, can make the most idiotic plays at the same damn time.

He couldn't close the season to secure his team a playoff spot.

Kawhi
02-16-2016, 08:07 PM
Hey, look who's bringing up numbers again...

Get over it, Westbrook is massively overrated as a player. Freak of nature but where did his IQ go? :confusedshrug: He can make the most amazing plays and just like Warriorfan said, can make the most idiotic plays at the same damn time.

He couldn't close the season to secure his team a playoff spot.
:blah :blah :blah

The numbers, the facts are against you, and the point you're trying to make is invalid. Westbrook led his team to a better record, despite injuries, than Lillard is right now. In 67 games, Westbrook almost won as many games as Lillard is on pace to do in 82. That goes without saying that the Blazers actually are winning games without Lillard, including a blowout W over the Cavaliers.

Spurs5Rings2014
02-16-2016, 08:10 PM
I only read Kawhi's posts, tbh. Other dude is too unfunny for me personally. His trolling just doesn't pack the punch that a 3ball or Lazarus post does. He needs to put in more work to be taken serious around here. Just my thoughts.

Cheers.

Kawhi
02-16-2016, 08:12 PM
How was it empty stats when he was effectively winning games?

Fallen Angel
02-16-2016, 08:17 PM

The point is, the Blazers are not supposed to even be there to begin with.
It's not empty stats when you're winning, like the guy above me said Westbrook had a really good win percentage for a team that didn't have another All-Star playing consistently throughout the season.

People have predicted the Blazers to go near .500 during this season, just because you didn't doesn't mean the consensus was that they'd suck this year. People knew McCollum was going to have this MIP season and for their role players (Aminu, Davis, Plumlee) to play really well. I even predicted the Blazers to win 40 games this season in a preseason prediction game on this site.

And go ahead and compare this year's Thunder team if you want and you'll see the best healthy teammate on either team is McCollum.

Bosnian Sajo
02-16-2016, 08:23 PM
Different west this year compared to last year. Just like how the East is completely different this year compared to last year, how didn't you notice that?

Last year, AD was doing work in the post and his team was healthy, thus they made a real push and made it. This year, his coach wants him shooting 3's and his team is banged tf up, with Evans now out for the season.

That being said, I'm not trying to take anything away from Lillard since he has been phenomenal and I already made a thread a few days ago praising him and the Blazers, rather this is to debunk you trying to talk down about Westbrook.

Both are awesome and I'd LOVE to have either on my team, but Westbrook is superior. Plain and simple.

JimmyMcAdocious
02-16-2016, 08:28 PM
I would take McCollum over anyone the Thunder not named Westbrook or Durant.

DrakeTheSnake
02-16-2016, 08:29 PM

Stupid thread.
Pretty much. What is the Blazers record specifically with Lillard? I doubt it is better, I'm just curious since he missed some games too.

VIP2000
02-16-2016, 10:20 PM
It's not empty stats when you're winning, like the guy above me said Westbrook had a really good win percentage for a team that didn't have another All-Star playing consistently throughout the season.

People have predicted the Blazers to go near .500 during this season, just because you didn't doesn't mean the consensus was that they'd suck this year. People knew McCollum was going to have this MIP season and for their role players (Aminu, Davis, Plumlee) to play really well. I even predicted the Blazers to win 40 games this season in a preseason prediction game on this site.

And go ahead and compare this year's Thunder team if you want and you'll see the best healthy teammate on either team is McCollum.

I think most people here, me included, thought the Blazers would be one of the worst teams in the league. Considering they lost 3 starters from last year's squad, including their best player (LMA) and 3rd best player (Matthews) and really didn't do much to replace them. So give credit where it's due.