PDA

View Full Version : Per Multiple SAUCES: Clips have offered Blake to the Nuggs

TheMarkMadsen
02-16-2016, 09:41 PM
Broussard on ESPN: "The Clippers called the Nuggets and offered Blake Griffin & Lance Stephenson for Jokic, Will Barton, Gallanari & Faried"

IMO good trade for the Clippers.

https://twitter.com/TommyBeer/status/699249135980044288

warriorfan
02-16-2016, 09:42 PM
if I was the nuggets I would say no fuccing way

outbreak
02-16-2016, 09:42 PM
This was reported a few days ago. Nugs turned it down iirc

navy
02-16-2016, 09:43 PM
Chris Broussard though...

outbreak
02-16-2016, 09:45 PM
Chris Broussard though...
he's just re tweeting what others said a couple days back

JohnFreeman
02-16-2016, 09:46 PM
Zach Lowe said this trade about a week ago

TheMarkMadsen
02-16-2016, 09:46 PM

Did they give a reason as to why? Yeah they might be giving up some good talent but those guys aren't winning you shit as is. Put them on the Clippers and yeah they will beast but if you're a team like the Nuggets and you have a chance to land a top 5-10 player in the league you should do it 10 times out of 10.

Nobody is going to Denver so they can play with Faried and Gallo, but FA might seriously consider it if BG is there.

outbreak
02-16-2016, 09:47 PM
Did they give a reason as to why? Yeah they might be giving up some good talent but those guys aren't winning you shit as is. Put them on the Clippers and yeah they will beast but if you're a team like the Nuggets and you have a chance to land a top 5-10 player in the league you should do it 10 times out of 10.

Nobody is going to Denver so they can play with Faried and Gallo, but FA might seriously consider it if BG is there.
No but I think it's too much. It'd leave them with nothing around blake like melo deal did to NY. I'd keep negotiating if I were them.

Fallen Angel
02-16-2016, 09:48 PM
Did you guys hear that a man landed on the moon?

NugzFan
02-16-2016, 09:48 PM

It was an easy no, I'm sure.

If BG is willing to sign an extension id be interesting in trading for him (but not for all of those guys). Without it, I don't even bother. Which is completely understandable.

NugzFan
02-16-2016, 09:50 PM

A) we aren't winning anything with BG if we gave up all 4 of those guys

B) no free agent is coming to Denver bc of BG if he himself doesn't resign

C) he's not a top 5 player. No chance at all.

Easy no on the deal.

outbreak
02-16-2016, 09:50 PM
It was an easy no, I'm sure.

If BG is willing to sign an extension id be interesting in trading for him (but not for all of those guys). Without it, I don't even bother. Which is completely understandable.
yulp leaves them way to bare to compete even with blake

TheMarkMadsen
02-16-2016, 09:51 PM
No but I think it's too much. It'd leave them with nothing around blake like melo deal did to NY. I'd keep negotiating if I were them.

NY was dumb for that because Melo was going to come to the Knicks in FA regardless..

NOBODY is going to the Nuggets in free agency..

TheMarkMadsen
02-16-2016, 09:57 PM
A) we aren't winning anything with BG if we gave up all 4 of those guys

B) no free agent is coming to Denver bc of BG if he himself doesn't resign

C) he's not a top 5 player. No chance at all.

Easy no on the deal.

so what is the strategy? Continue to suck and hope to god that Mudiay turns into Curry?

You'll never get another opportunity to trade any of these players for a top player in the league. Blake is good enough to take the Nuggets to the playoffs next year and give a guy like Mudiay some good experience and help move along his development

If he gets to Denver then you can't say for sure if he'd re-sign. Denver would be able to pay him the most money, give him his own team and a committed BG with a young Mudiay at point guard could certainly entice free agents.

The potential reward of doing this trade is higher than the risk, especially for a team like the Nuggets

TheMarkMadsen
02-16-2016, 10:01 PM
And don't the Nuggets have the Knicks 2016 pick and the Rockets 2016 pick.

That could possibly be a lottery pick, plus a mid first rounder. Combine that with BG and Mudiay and the Nuggets future looks a lot brighter than it does now.

I guess that Rivers just said Blake isn't getting traded, but I would have jumped all over that if I was the Nuggets.

Maybe he gets traded in the off season

HenryGarfunkle
02-16-2016, 10:35 PM
so what is the strategy? Continue to suck and hope to god that Mudiay turns into Curry?

You'll never get another opportunity to trade any of these players for a top player in the league. Blake is good enough to take the Nuggets to the playoffs next year and give a guy like Mudiay some good experience and help move along his development

If he gets to Denver then you can't say for sure if he'd re-sign. Denver would be able to pay him the most money, give him his own team and a committed BG with a young Mudiay at point guard could certainly entice free agents.

The potential reward of doing this trade is higher than the risk, especially for a team like the Nuggets
:facepalm

You are such an idiot.

Blake is not good enough to get them in the playoffs by himself. You think gutting everything good about Denver's roster for Blake Griffin is good for them?

Man. You kobe stans are just stupid by default. :facepalm

outbreak
02-16-2016, 10:36 PM
Orlando rumoured to have offered a Vuc and Gordon package and got shut down for blake

Akhenaten
02-16-2016, 10:48 PM
No way the Clips were willing to trade a top ten player for a bunch a random guys, sorry not buying it.

warriorfan
02-16-2016, 10:52 PM
blake is great but the problem is that he is still a flawed player

it is very hard to win when you are giving someone who is as a poor defender as blake major minutes in your front court

NuggetsFan
02-16-2016, 11:16 PM

Continue to build. Nuggets are 22-32 & have dealt with the injury bug. Mudiay is a 19 year old rookie, Jokic a 20 year old rookie, Harris/Nurkic both 21 year old 2nd year players. Gallo is 27, Faried's 26, Barton's 25, Joffrey's 24. We have the better of our pick/NY's pick this year, potentially Houston/Memphis/Portland picks this year or in the future. Not to mention Denver is looking pretty good with cap space.

Denver did a quick re-tool. We have some young pieces, some decent players, not that great yet but not tanking level awful.

Denver has some flexibility. Either way no matter we do the outcome probably won't be great but giving everything up for Blake? Nah. Not worth it. Gallo, Faried, Jokic, Barton is a waaaay too much.

SwishSquared
02-16-2016, 11:27 PM
Denver smartly shot that down. But would BG/Crawford for Gallo/Barton/Nurkic/Arthur potentially go through? I still like that for the Clippers. If Denver wants a splash while retaining Mudiay/Harris/Jokic, that package could work, even if it's steep.

NugzFan
02-17-2016, 12:43 AM
NY was dumb for that because Melo was going to come to the Knicks in FA regardless..

NOBODY is going to the Nuggets in free agency..

We can't sign super star free agents (only a few teams can) but we will be able to sign other free agents.

NugzFan
02-17-2016, 12:50 AM

uh, no. hes not. not by gutting our team.

we arent mortgaging our entire team and future for one year of griffin. hes good, even great. but hes not that good.

our plan is pretty clear - draft well, develop young players, keep acquiring assets and when the time is right then we can start to make huge trades and free agent signings (I think this summer will be our first summer in a long time with any significant cap space).

trading all those guys for blake would be franchise suicide. we probably win 40 games at most with him next season (probably similar total we win if we dont make the deal), miss the playoffs, but now we have lost 4 key players, BG then leaves next summer and we have to start all over in 2017 with basically nothing.

like I said earlier, its a pretty easy no on our end.

if the clippers also hate the deal, I certainly dont blame them.

if we get some sort of assurance he would resign, then that changes things dramatically. I (if I were GM) would be willing to discuss possible trades with LA (but still not for that foursome).

but without it, and im certain we cant get that assurance from BG, I dont even bother.

NugzFan
02-17-2016, 12:51 AM
And don't the Nuggets have the Knicks 2016 pick and the Rockets 2016 pick.

That could possibly be a lottery pick, plus a mid first rounder. Combine that with BG and Mudiay and the Nuggets future looks a lot brighter than it does now.

I guess that Rivers just said Blake isn't getting traded, but I would have jumped all over that if I was the Nuggets.

Maybe he gets traded in the off season

we have the right to swap picks with NY. we may get the houston and portland picks this year (if they make the playoffs). we have a future first from memphis as well.

NugzFan
02-17-2016, 12:51 AM
:facepalm

You are such an idiot.

Blake is not good enough to get them in the playoffs by himself. You think gutting everything good about Denver's roster for Blake Griffin is good for them?

Man. You kobe stans are just stupid by default. :facepalm

exactly. :applause:

NugzFan
02-17-2016, 12:53 AM
No way the Clips were willing to trade a top ten player for a bunch a random guys, sorry not buying it.

crazy a 20/5/2 (with a top 50 PER rating in the entire league) is now considering some "random guy". also love throwing jokic and faried into that category too. :oldlol:

TheMarkMadsen
02-17-2016, 01:04 AM
Mortgaging what future?

what future is there in a core of Gallo/Faried? Are you kidding me? If you have a chance to get a franchise player who is just entering his prime you take it.

You act like you guys are giving away a championship core, "gutting everything good about Denver's core" lmao, everything good about their core can't even get them to the 8th spot, or to .500.

I'll take the franchise player to pair up with my point guard of the future and let them run for 2 years. Try to draft smart, grab some mid tier free agents with your cap space and fight for the 6-8th seed.

Or you could just let Mudiay rot on a lottery team for the next 3 years without even trying to grab a franchise changing player :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

NugzFan
02-17-2016, 01:10 AM
Mortgaging what future?

what future is there in a core of Gallo/Faried? Are you kidding me? If you have a chance to get a franchise player who is just entering his prime you take it.

not for one year you dont. if we did that deal and he walks in a year (very possible) we are left far worse than we are now. you act like BG is curry or durant. :facepalm

You act like you guys are giving away a championship core, "gutting everything good about Denver's core" lmao, everything good about their core can't even get them to the 8th spot, or to .500.

I never said that nor implied it. try again.

we basically started over this year after wasting the last 2. not making the playoffs isnt a failure at all.

we have a good future and id like to keep it that way. we are rebuilding the team the right way for the first time in a long time. no need to ruin it by gutting the team so BG can walk in 2017.

I'll take the franchise player to pair up with my point guard of the future and let them run for 2 years. Try to draft smart, grab some mid tier free agents with your cap space and fight for the 6-8th seed.

2 years? we would get maybe 20 games this year and then one season. no thanks.

Or you could just let Mudiay rot on a lottery team for the next 3 years without even trying to grab a franchise changing player :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

thats not going to happen though. we are on the way up and mudiay is going to be one of the core pieces leading the way.

and BG isnt changing the franchise :oldlol: we wouldnt even make the playoffs with him.

im so glad you arent our GM. so very, very glad.

Bosnian Sajo
02-17-2016, 01:16 AM
if I was the nuggets I would say no fuccing way

They did say that, reason being because they aren't confident Blake would resign with them, and also that they like the young guys and don't wanna ship them for a 1yr rental.

Bosnian Sajo
02-17-2016, 01:23 AM

Gallo is really good actually, but those aren't the guys that made them say no. Aren't the Nuggets shopping Faried? Anyways, they don't wanna trade Barton and Jokic, it's not about Faried. The fact is, Kenneth has peaked and he isn't really the kind of guy that can change a franchise. He would be a nice PF on a team whose best players play in the guard positions or SF, but that's it. Danilo on the other hand has come back from injury strong and thus the Nuggets have not been shopping him around, instead they plan on keeping him.

Google is a resource that yall seem to not use at all guys, be smart and use it to your advantage not only when discussing rumors about basketball, but for real life situations as well. We blessed to have a librarian who can find exactly what information you are looking for in .001 seconds.

TheMarkMadsen
02-17-2016, 01:24 AM
you're really underrating your teams ability to sway a player into staying. The cap is getting larger which will mean that these ridiculous contracts that we are about to see FA getting next year are going to be even more ridiculous when they resign with their teams and get unheard of money.

Most players re-sign unless A) the franchise is falling apart around them B) they are on the wrong side of 30 and want a chance to win right away or C) they are a Lebron/Shaq/KD type and have tremendous media/hometown pressure to win.

I don't see many FA walking away next year from the type of money they'll be able to get with their current team. If the Clipper were more serious about this I'm sure the Nuggets would keep at least one of the players being mentioned

Bosnian Sajo
02-17-2016, 01:39 AM
Blake would not resign with the Nuggets, you are the only person arguing that he would. He loves a city like LA, don't you see that Blake is in every kia commercial? And that CP3 is in every insurance commercial? You think the same would happen if either was in Denver? Not a chance.

TheMarkMadsen
02-17-2016, 01:41 AM
Blake would not resign with the Nuggets, you are the only person arguing that he would. He loves a city like LA, don't you see that Blake is in every kia commercial? And that CP3 is in every insurance commercial? You think the same would happen if either was in Denver? Not a chance.

what does him loving LA have to do with anything? It isn't his decision if he gets traded or not.

I doubt NBA gms are basing their potential moves over who is in which commercial.

It isn't like there would be 0 chance of him re-signing, a lot can happen in a year. IMO when you are a team like the Nuggets its best to try to go big and take risk when you can. Gallo is going to be 30 in a few years. Faried is nice but nothing that great. You don't have to agree.

Black and White
02-17-2016, 02:02 AM
Low chance that Blake re-signs, smart move by Denver.

Akhenaten
02-17-2016, 02:30 AM
crazy a 20/5/2 (with a top 50 PER rating in the entire league) is now considering some "random guy". also love throwing jokic and faried into that category too. :oldlol:

top 50 per? :roll:

that supposed to mean something? he's a 20 ppg, 40% shooter, in relation to somebody like Blake dude is JUST A GUY. Jokic has PROMISE but cmon, I wont even address the Faried thing you HAVE to be joking.

You dont trade stars/borderline superstars in their primes for a bunch of "pretty good", ok or promising players

having all those guys are great if you have that seminal player to add to that mix. Otherwise its just a bunch of dudes and mediocrity will be perpetual.

I'm talking from the Clips perspective, for the Nugz it goes without saying that if youre not guaranteed griffin re-signing you dont do it. If he say had 3+ years left on his deal or you knew for a fact he was coming back? you do that deal in a heartbeat

Bosnian Sajo
02-17-2016, 02:46 AM
what does him loving LA have to do with anything? It isn't his decision if he gets traded or not.

I doubt NBA gms are basing their potential moves over who is in which commercial.

It isn't like there would be 0 chance of him re-signing, a lot can happen in a year. IMO when you are a team like the Nuggets its best to try to go big and take risk when you can. Gallo is going to be 30 in a few years. Faried is nice but nothing that great. You don't have to agree.

No, but the players might be. Especially a guy like Blake, who has already tasted that extra money available in big markets.

Why do you keep bringing up Faried, do you read other people's posts or just your own? I already told you that they've been shopping Faried for a while now, it's not about him. They would do the trade if Blake was on contract for 3 years, but he is under contract only till Summer 2017, and I STRONGLY DOUBT the Nuggets can become contenders by then.

Again, you are the only one who is arguing that Blake would actually stay in Denver.

bluechox2
02-17-2016, 02:48 AM
clips are trying to get melo for blake

Bosnian Sajo
02-17-2016, 02:50 AM
^
Wasn't that the rumor earlier this season?

1st of all, you must not know who Doc Rivers is

2nd, you also probably don't know he is the GM

3rd, they are far from a bunch of random guys. 3/4 of those players would be instant starters on the Clippers, best believe that. Only reason Jokic would come off the bench is because the Clips already have a good center in DJ.

bluechox2
02-17-2016, 02:57 AM
^

3rd, they are far from a bunch of random guys. 3/4 of those players would be instant starters on the Clippers, best believe that. Only reason Jokic would come off the bench is because the Clips already have a good center in DJ.
na , clips and magic have a deal, but clips trying to get hte knicks in on it to swap blake and melo

clips/magic got frye and Stephenson moving, and its a perfect opportunity for the clips to have contracts matching on a melo blake deal attached to it...clips trying hard..phil hasnt budged yet
http://s30.postimg.org/612vh1jgh/12715758_1668071320074936_1685648221974031756_n.jp g

Bosnian Sajo
02-17-2016, 03:02 AM
Blake is coming to Orlando??? :banana: :banana:

That would be so dope...Vucevic/Payton?

EDIT: nvm...would be nice, though. Blake and gay Blake on the same team, Jennings on point, loads of dunks.

Akhenaten
02-17-2016, 03:07 AM
^

Are you saying doc would be dumb enough to give away a franchise player for a bunch of dudes? If so you maybe right.

In relation to someone like Blake Griffin they are just guys, and who are the 3 players that would start on the Clips? Barton over Redick?, Faried over Blake? Gallo is the only one I see that would start, you've already conceded Jokic would not start so who are these 3 players you;re referring to?

That's beside the point anyway, being able to start over the Clips counters my point how exactly? Youre arguing Denver's randons are better than the Clips randoms?

AGAIN, in RELATION to Blake Griffin, gallo, jokic, barton and faried are JUST GUYS

Bosnian Sajo
02-17-2016, 03:13 AM
Are you saying doc would be dumb enough to give away a franchise player for a bunch of dudes? If so you maybe right.

In relation to someone like Blake Griffin they are just guys, and who are the 3 players that would start on the Clips? Barton over Redick?, Faried over Blake? Gallo is the only one I see that would start, you've already conceded Jokic would not start so who are these 3 players you;re referring to?

But aren't you trading Blake for the other 4....................................so yes, Faried would start. And tbh I forgot about Red dick, my apologize, but Barton is definitely a nice player, it wouldn't be the craziest thing to start him.

SwishSquared
02-17-2016, 03:25 AM

That's beside the point anyway, being able to start over the Clips counters my point how exactly? Youre arguing Denver's randons are better than the Clips randoms?

AGAIN, in RELATION to Blake Griffin, gallo, jokic, barton and faried are JUST GUYSClippers would be better off snagging Gallo/Barton/Nurkic/Arthur if push came to shove for BG/Crawford/Aldrich

CP3-JJ-Barton-Gallo-Jordan
Pablo-Rivers-Lance-Pierce-Arthur
Wilcox-Johnson-LRMAM-Dawson-Nurkic

NugzFan
02-17-2016, 03:32 AM

gallo is only like 7 months older than BG.

this deal as rumored has 0 chance of happening. im not sure why you care that I, and the nuggets apparently, hate it.

NugzFan
02-17-2016, 03:36 AM
top 50 per? :roll:

that supposed to mean something? he's a 20 ppg, 40% shooter, in relation to somebody like Blake dude is JUST A GUY. Jokic has PROMISE but cmon, I wont even address the Faried thing you HAVE to be joking.

yes, it is. he was referred to as some "random guy". clearly hes not. he has earned some respect.

I didnt say he, or any of them, are better than BG, so you can calm down and work on your reading comprehension.

You dont trade stars/borderline superstars in their primes for a bunch of "pretty good", ok or promising players

then tell LA to stop offering it. :oldlol:

having all those guys are great if you have that seminal player to add to that mix. Otherwise its just a bunch of dudes and mediocrity will be perpetual.

I'm talking from the Clips perspective, for the Nugz it goes without saying that if youre not guaranteed griffin re-signing you dont do it. If he say had 3+ years left on his deal or you knew for a fact he was coming back? you do that deal in a heartbeat

I wouldnt do it for all 4 of them (gallo/faried/barton/jokic) but at least a potential trade is worth discussing if he has 3 more years left or would sign an extension.

dunksby
02-17-2016, 04:00 AM
Blake isn't worth all that, bad defense, plays away from the basket now, takes too many Js and bad ones at that. Has short arms that practically hinder any improvement on defense, at his height he is not even a good rim protector, nor a tenacious rebounder. Let's not even talk about his non-existent impact, without CP3 to give him good looks dude wouldn't be able to make a shot. He is making 39% of his jumpshots 80% of which are assisted. He has been assisted on 176 of his FGM, 102 of those have been assisted by CP3...

pastis
02-17-2016, 04:14 AM
@markmadsen: no chance BG would resign with Denver. And you know it. If he leaves the Clips and plays for Denver, Lakers chances will increase heavily to recruite him (unlike when he is staying with the clips)

griffin needs the media attention and the whole life in a big market city. so there are LA or NY for him. Not another city

LoneyROY7
02-17-2016, 04:23 AM
Blake isn't worth all that, bad defense, plays away from the basket now, takes too many Js and bad ones at that. Has short arms that practically hinder any improvement on defense, at his height he is not even a good rim protector, nor a tenacious rebounder. Let's not even talk about his non-existent impact, without CP3 to give him good looks dude wouldn't be able to make a shot. He is making 39% of his jumpshots 80% of which are assisted. He has been assisted on 176 of his FGM, 102 of those have been assisted by CP3...

Such a f*cking joke of a post. :oldlol:

Blake wouldn't do shit without CP? Is that why he averaged 27/10/4 when CP was out for an extended time in 2014? Is that why Blake averaged in 30/14/9 on 52 percent in the games CP missed these last playoffs? If anything, playing with CP has forced Blake to shoot far more jumpers than he would otherwise.

Next time, I'd refrain from posting about something you clearly don't know.

oarabbus
02-17-2016, 04:34 AM
To be honest I'm pretty surprised the Nugs turned down Blake. Dude is a really good player. I wonder if punching the staff member hurt his value that much?

Young X
02-17-2016, 04:37 AM
Clippers don't need to trade Blake.

You know who they need to trade?

Jamal Crawford and Austin Rivers.

Too bad that won't happen.

We will DIE before Doc trades his son.

CarlosBoozer
02-17-2016, 04:44 AM
I'm pretty sure Blake could average 20/10/4 easily on any team, but yeah his defense and impact can be lackluster.

dunksby
02-17-2016, 04:58 AM
I'm pretty sure Blake could average 20/10/4 easily on any team, but yeah his defense and impact can be lackluster.
Not by taking Js all day, but yes, if he goes back to playing close to the basket he can be much more effective on offense.

fiddy
02-17-2016, 05:44 AM
Clippers don't need to trade Blake.

You know who they need to trade?

Jamal Crawford and Austin Rivers.

Too bad that won't happen.

We will DIE before Doc trades his son.
Or Doc gets fired before that

red1
02-17-2016, 05:51 AM
Clippers should jump on this. They don't lose much when blake is out and this trade gives them some serious firepower. Gallinari, barton and faried for one overrated (but talented) dunker? This is a great trade for them.

bluechox2
02-17-2016, 06:58 AM
Clippers should jump on this. They don't lose much when blake is out and this trade gives them some serious firepower. Gallinari, barton and faried for one overrated (but talented) dunker? This is a great trade for them.
um clips are the ones that offered...nugs said no

buddha
02-17-2016, 07:44 AM
Clipps should offer the same trade but with Wilson Chandler instead of Gallinari. It'd give them a great lineup for next year.

Chris Paul / Autism Rivers
JJ Redick / Jamal Crawford
Wilson Chandler / Will Barton / Wesley Johnson
Kenneth Faried / Mbah A Moute
DeAndre Jordan / Nikola Jokic

then the Nuggs got

Emmanuel Mudiay / Jameer Nelson
Gary Harris / Randy Foye
Danillo Gallinari / Lance Stephenson
Blake Griffin / Darrell Arthur
Jusuf Nurkic / JJ Hickson

which is a free agent away from being a contender.

red1
02-17-2016, 07:47 AM
um clips are the ones that offered...nugs said no
True. Could've been a good trade for both teams. Nuggets get legit franchise player to sell build around and sell tickets and clips improve massively as a team. Missed opportunity IMO.