PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Rubio with the bucks. better or worse?

Dr Seuss
02-17-2016, 03:49 PM
Apparently, Jason Kidd is a big fan of Rubio. and though a trade isnt likely, it's an interesting coach/player pairing and could potentially be a nice fit with MIL

imnew09
02-17-2016, 03:54 PM
his shooting? i don't think it could be worse...

Town's Town
02-17-2016, 03:58 PM
Rubio is a Kidd style player, so if anybody knows how to make him effective, I could see it being Kidd.

bdreason
02-17-2016, 04:47 PM
The Bucks need some players who can shoot. Especially if they plan on keeping Monroe. I'm not saying Rubio wouldn't do well, but his game isn't dissimilar to MCW.

Milbuck
02-17-2016, 04:47 PM
Bucks would be substantially better with Rubio. Mostly considering he's actually a point guard, and we don't have one on the roster right now.
Rubio is a Kidd style player, so if anybody knows how to make him effective, I could see it being Kidd.
He's already effective, Kidd wouldn't have to do anything.

The Bucks need some players who can shoot. Especially if they plan on keeping Monroe. I'm not saying Rubio wouldn't do well, but his game isn't dissimilar to MCW.
Rubio craps on MCW at literally everything outside of shooting, he would be a massive improvement here. They aren't similar players even remotely. One is a savant floor general, the other dribbles off his foot twice a game. I actually like MCW too, I think his defense/hustle are valuable skills, I want him on this team as an energy guy off the bench. But as a point guard? He's not in Rubio's league.

Euroleague
02-19-2016, 10:44 PM
Bricky Scrubio and Giannis Antetokounmpo in the same lineup..........

Every single team will leave both of them wide open and unguarded in the half court.

You might be talking the two worst shooters in the NBA at their positions.

Nash
02-19-2016, 10:46 PM

Every single team will leave both of them wide open and unguarded in the half court.

Them scrub europeans, what u gon' do?

Euroleague
02-19-2016, 10:50 PM
Them scrub europeans, what u gon' do?

In Europe they would be left unguarded so they could shoot bricks all game long.

Even though most NBA coaches are retarded, eventually they could figure that out also.

Dresta
02-19-2016, 11:40 PM
Except Rubio is clearly a much better and more impactful player. Rubio's one of those guys whose impact is better than his stats, much better.

If he could shoot he'd be one of the best players in the league.

DaSeba5
02-19-2016, 11:45 PM
Rubio would definitely be an upgrade for them. If he could shoot, he would be a great player. He runs an offense. He does many things that stats don't show. Who can do that for the Bucks right now at PG?

deja vu
02-20-2016, 12:33 AM

Why do you bash your fellow Greek.

Euroleague
02-21-2016, 09:30 PM
Why do you bash your fellow Greek.

Stating facts isn't bashing.

outbreak
02-21-2016, 09:52 PM
Stating facts isn't bashing.
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/2-22-2016/T_9P1g.gif

MellowYellow
02-21-2016, 09:55 PM
mcw over rubio all day every day. A pg without the ability to score is a huge problem. MCW is actually on ok pg with solid scoring. Rubio can pass and thats it.

Milbuck
02-21-2016, 09:56 PM
mcw over rubio all day every day. A pg without the ability to score is a huge problem. MCW is actually on ok pg with solid scoring. Rubio can pass and thats it.
:roll:

Milbuck
02-21-2016, 09:57 PM

Giannis is better than Spanoulis ever was, and so is Rubio. It's not even remotely close. Literally every single team in the league would rather have Giannis or Rubio over that no defense inefficient chucking fat ass Spanoulis.

outbreak
02-21-2016, 09:58 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/panic1.gif

FKAri
02-21-2016, 10:02 PM

You don't watch either of them enough in order to come to this opinion. MCW had a career night vs the Knicks. That's not his normal self. Rubio dropped 28/14 on the Lakers and that isn't normal for him either. Rubio is worlds better in terms of game management passing, on ball defending and off ball defending(Rubio has a better wingspan than MCW). All MCW has is a slight advantage at getting to the rim and finishing(not sure about this one; would have to double check stats).

The only thing MCW has is upside (and it's not because of age because he's only a year younger). He has better upside because unlike Rubio he hasn't shown that the development of his game has stagnated. I understand that Rubio got injured and that took its toll but he hasn't evolved his game much since he was 17.

Dresta
02-21-2016, 10:40 PM
An example of someone completely ignorant of basketball ^^^^^

ClipperRevival
02-22-2016, 02:09 AM
Rubio is the worst shooting PG ever. You almost have to do a double take to make sure that his career FG% of .365 is not a typo. I remember the 1st game of the season, when he played my Lakers and scored like 30 points and just dominated and the play by play guys were saying he's been working on his jumper all offseason long. The fact is some guys just can't shoot, no matter how much you practice. He's one of them. And when your PG can't shoot a lick, that's a serious negative for your team. He's just someone I wouldn't want on my team if I was serious about winning a title. He's got some great pieces to work with. Athletic wings and p&r bigs. If he was that important, he should be winning more.

Dresta
02-22-2016, 03:15 AM
So many good pieces that they pretty much don't win at all without him, this year and last.

Euroleague
02-22-2016, 10:04 PM
Giannis is better than Spanoulis ever was, and so is Rubio. It's not even remotely close. Literally every single team in the league would rather have Giannis or Rubio over that no defense inefficient chucking fat ass Spanoulis.

You are a psychotic lunatic.

Euroleague
02-22-2016, 10:05 PM
So many good pieces that they pretty much don't win at all without him, this year and last.

And they never won with him - EVER.

outbreak
02-22-2016, 10:48 PM
You are a psychotic lunatic.
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/2-22-2016/T_9P1g.gif

Rubio > Spanoulis

deal with it

10 ppg 8.3 apg on 36% FG and 30% 3pt is better than 2.7 ppg 0.9 apg on 31% FG and 17% 3PT

deal with it

Relinquish
02-22-2016, 11:54 PM
Rubio is the worst shooting PG ever. You almost have to do a double take to make sure that his career FG% of .365 is not a typo. I remember the 1st game of the season, when he played my Lakers and scored like 30 points and just dominated and the play by play guys were saying he's been working on his jumper all offseason long. The fact is some guys just can't shoot, no matter how much you practice. He's one of them. And when your PG can't shoot a lick, that's a serious negative for your team. He's just someone I wouldn't want on my team if I was serious about winning a title. He's got some great pieces to work with. Athletic wings and p&r bigs. If he was that important, he should be winning more.

No, that would be Spanoulis.

Dresta
02-22-2016, 11:55 PM
And they never won with him - EVER.
You mean like tonight?

:facepalm

Milbuck
02-22-2016, 11:58 PM
Giannis is honestly enough of a point guard for us. Every single time we run the offense through him as a point forward, as the primary playmaker/ballhandler our offense looks smooth. Jabari and Middleton are going to be high usage creators as well down the road. All we need at PG is a 3&D guy who can bring the ball and initiate offense when required, but for the most part focuses on spacing the floor, defending like crazy, making hustle plays, and moving the ball. A guy like Delly would be PERFECT here.

CuterThanRubio
02-23-2016, 12:33 AM
Rubio is only useful for marketing purposes

He entered the league during a weird time where the position was shifting towards a higher focus on scoring and floor spreading versus ball control and high assist totals (Real assists, not CP3/Rondo/Stockton assists) and his lack of a shot has completely handcuffed his ability to adapt to the changes.

Not to mention injury problems have interfered with his training and progression, it is pretty obvious that he would be in a better position now if he never banged knees with Kobe.