PDA

View Full Version : Frank Isola: Cleveland pursuing Ryan Anderson in 3 team deal involving Kevin Love

Mawly-G
02-17-2016, 05:39 PM
Source (https://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN/status/700067707413209088)

Not sure what the third team is, or which other players are involved, but I've always thought that for the role that Kevin Love is playing for the Cavs, Ryan Anderson could probably do a better job of it.

Edit: Fixed the link

VengefulAngel
02-17-2016, 05:41 PM
Terrible deal if Ryan Anderson is all they are getting, Love is an elite rebounder and low post scorer. Link doesn't work.

Optimus Prime
02-17-2016, 05:42 PM
Web page not available. Seems legit.

:kobe:

Hey Yo
02-17-2016, 05:42 PM
nice link...:rolleyes:

fake rumor is fake

Hey Yo
02-17-2016, 05:43 PM
Terrible deal if Ryan Anderson is all they are getting, Love is an elite rebounder and low post scorer. Link doesn't work.
Anderson wants to test the FA market this off season. He's nothing more than a rental and teams won't give up much for him.

Mawly-G
02-17-2016, 05:44 PM
My bad. Fixed the link.

dunksby
02-17-2016, 05:46 PM
So homeless man's K.Love for K.Love?

VengefulAngel
Frank Isola isn't a source, he's literally worse then Chris Broussard.

StephHamann

Not sure what the third team is, or which other players are involved, but I've always thought that for the role that Kevin Love is playing for the Cavs, Ryan Anderson could probably do a better job of it.

http://i.imgur.com/5AIbTU5.gif

VengefulAngel
02-17-2016, 05:47 PM
So homeless man's K.Love for K.Love?

Frank Ibola... all you need to know.

Hopper15
02-17-2016, 05:47 PM

lol not even close

Mawly-G
02-17-2016, 05:48 PM
Frank Isola isn't a source, he's literally worse then Chris Broussard.
Don't really know much about the guy other than that he works for ESPN, lol.

Does he have a history of false reporting?

VengefulAngel
02-17-2016, 05:49 PM
lol not even close

You are going to look like a fool.

http://stats.nba.com/playtype/#!/post-up/?PT=player&OD=offensive&sort=Percentile&dir=1

88.9th percentile with one of the highest volumes. Now are you going to apologise?

VengefulAngel
02-17-2016, 05:50 PM

http://deadspin.com/how-frank-isola-became-the-most-hated-man-at-madison-sq-478620919

He reported Carmelo to the Bulls and is often terrible.

Hey Yo
02-17-2016, 05:51 PM

Think he works for the NY Daily News

Hopper15
02-17-2016, 05:53 PM
You are going to look like a fool.

http://stats.nba.com/playtype/#!/post-up/?PT=player&OD=offensive&sort=Percentile&dir=1

88.9th percentile with one of the highest volumes. Now are you going to apologise?

I don't care about the volume. His low post game sucks.

Mawly-G
02-17-2016, 05:54 PM
Think he works for the NY Daily News
Just read up on him. I guess he just makes appearances on "Around the Horn."

dzav323
02-17-2016, 05:55 PM
Anderson is an underrated rebounder, especially offensively. Doesn't always show up in the box score. Obviously Love is a better rebounder, but Anderson isn't garbage like some may believe. Playing next to AD and Asik under Gentry doesn't help Ryno's case either.

VengefulAngel
02-17-2016, 05:55 PM
I don't care about the volume. His low post game sucks.

Yes, lets ignore the stats that he's in the 90th percentile for efficiency and has one of the highest volumes because you are a dumb ****.

These fast food workers trying to talk basketball.

Hopper15
02-17-2016, 05:59 PM
Yes, lets ignore the stats that he's in the 90th percentile for efficiency and has one of the highest volumes because you are a dumb ****.

These fast food workers trying to talk basketball.

Says the guy who can't even spell apologize correctly.

Nash
Isn't Ryan Anderson a free agent this summer?

Maybe the 3rd team is Houston?

Hou gets: Love
Cavs get: Anderson(rental) and Howard
Pels get: Whatever, they just don't want to lose Anderson for nothing.

Howard
Anderson
Lebron
JR
Irving

Makes them better, they get a legit defensive anchor in Howard, they get Ryan Anderson who basically is what K.Love is to the Cavs today.

34-24 Footwork
If this happened, Cleveland's management would somehow make Lebron's "ideas" look genius.

Whatever team Kevin love goes to becomes instantly better if they utilize him properly.

VengefulAngel
02-17-2016, 06:02 PM
Says the guy who can't even spell apologize correctly.

'Both are acceptable in British and American English, although 'apologize' is much more common in American English, and many British writers prefer 'apologise'.'

I'm from the UK.

Have you had enough?

pastis
02-17-2016, 06:07 PM
would that mean, that love is going to NO? AD, Love, Jrue....looks good

Mawly-G
02-17-2016, 06:08 PM
Makes them better, they get a legit defensive anchor in Howard, they get Ryan Anderson who basically is what K.Love is to the Cavs today.
This is exactly what I'm thinking. Cavs have been under-utilizing Love since they acquired him. They can easily plug Ryan Anderson in that stretch 4 spot and be just as successful. They'll obviously miss Love's rebounding, but TT is just as beastly on the glass.

Done_And_Done
02-17-2016, 06:14 PM
Anderson is an underrated rebounder, especially offensively. Doesn't always show up in the box score. Obviously Love is a better rebounder, but Anderson isn't garbage like some may believe. Playing next to AD and Asik under Gentry doesn't help Ryno's case either.

Totally agree.
Don't know who the heck would assert that Andy is rubbish. The gripe with a one for one deal is that he doesn't improve on what Love already brings to the table and is the worse of the 2 players. He certainly doesn't enhance their team defense.

outbreak
02-17-2016, 06:15 PM
Cleveland gets: Ryan Anderson, CJ Watson, Omer Asik
Orlando gets: Kevin Love, Timofey Mozgov
Pelicans get: Nik Vucevic, Victor Oladipo, Channing Frye

Done_And_Done
02-17-2016, 06:17 PM

As a Magic fan, would you be content with losing Vuc and Dipo for these 2?

outbreak
02-17-2016, 06:22 PM
As a Magic fan, would you be content with losing Vuc and Dipo for these 2?
Dunno. Vuc yes but dipo would be tough. We are clearing all this cap space though but I don't see any real big name who would sign with us even once we clear it. Hennigan keeps being rumoured as wanting to make a big deal to lure a star and I don't know how he does it without parting with either dipo, hezonja or gordon.

There's another rumour now we are trying to do a three way to move frye, nicholson, shabazz for mozgov and stephenson. Looks like we really want to shed salary. Also says we believe we are in play for Durant (lmfao unless we pull off something big that would make him have some interest) but if they believe that it'd make sense why they are shedding so much cap. We are going to have enough for multiple max deals.

Maybe I'm off with that proposal but cavs would get anderson and lock up a decent center with mozgov rumoured to be let go anyway, pelicans are rumoured to be looking to move gordon or let him walk so dipo would fit there and I think vucevic and davis would fit well. Vucevic is actually doing well in one v one defence this year if you look at the stats, where he is horrid is in protecting the rim against drivers which is where davis is good.

Orlando's probably who that deal is toughest on, maybe giving up too much but i think hennigan right now is desperate for a star and this free agent class looks low on that. I could see him hoping to land a kevin love/blake griffen type now through trade then throw a match at conley or someone to pair with them once he realises durant won't come here.

dzav323
02-17-2016, 06:24 PM
I wood Flap until my wings were raw if the Pels could pull that off.

Hey Yo
02-17-2016, 06:25 PM

Howard
Anderson
Lebron
JR
Irving

So the Cavs are going to bring him in for less than half a season only to see him walk this summer? If you say Anderson is basically Love, then why not keep the guy who's locked up for the next 4yrs?

Same with Howard, who has an opt out option and wants to get paid while he still can. He's not going to hang around.

Trade makes no sense for the Cavs

Black and White
02-17-2016, 06:31 PM
Depends who the third team is and the extra parts involved.

Nash
02-17-2016, 06:35 PM
So the Cavs are going to bring him in for less than half a season only to see him walk this summer? If you say Anderson is basically Love, then why not keep the guy who's locked up for the next 4yrs?

Same with Howard, who has an opt out option and wants to get paid while he still can. He's not going to hang around.

Trade makes no sense for the Cavs
I'm guessing what the Cavs are wanting from this is to essentially give the Kevin Love money to Dwight Howard. The Ryan Anderson trade would just basically be good for this season only. A simple way to slot in the same typ of player in Kevin Love's spot and make the transition easier. :confusedshrug:
This btw is some wild ass speculation by my side :lol

Because unless they got Howard or Horford coming their way, there is simply no way they'll trade Kevin Love for Ryan Anderson.

Optimus Prime
02-17-2016, 06:39 PM
My bad. Fixed the link.

"Frank Isola" :kobe:

Twitter source :kobe: :coleman: :biggums:

There's literally no reason Cleveland does this unless there are a lot more moving parts (AKA role players/picks going to Cleveland). Like others have said, Anderson is literally a poor man's Love, and LeGM doesn't seem too concerned about how much of Dan Gilbert's money he spends.

Remember, LeGM gave up Wiggins for Love, which looks like a pretty bad trade. Giving up Wiggins for Anderson?

qrich
02-17-2016, 06:42 PM

Frye is ours.

outbreak
02-17-2016, 06:43 PM
"Frank Isola" :kobe:

Twitter source :kobe: :coleman: :biggums:

There's literally no reason Cleveland does this unless there are a lot more moving parts (AKA role players/picks going to Cleveland). Like others have said, Anderson is literally a poor man's Love, and LeGM doesn't seem too concerned about how much of Dan Gilbert's money he spends.

Remember, LeGM gave up Wiggins for Love, which looks like a pretty bad trade. Giving up Wiggins for Anderson?

What if Cavs want to have some flexibility in expiring deals in a hope they can land Durant?

Optimus Prime
02-17-2016, 06:45 PM
What if Cavs want to have some flexibility in expiring deals in a hope they can land Durant?

If the Cavs gave away Love for nothing, I think they'd still be over the cap. They are historically way into the luxury tax. It's silly. LeBron needs more help. :coleman:

Besides, Durant going to play for LeBeta who beat him in his only Finals appearance would be the ultimate beta move. I can't see Durant doing that. He's staying in OKC for at least one more year. It just makes the most sense from every angle.

Jameerthefear
02-17-2016, 06:47 PM
that's one of the grossest things i have ever seen

TheMarkMadsen
02-17-2016, 06:54 PM
Cavs be like "if you don't play well every game you're gone"

nba_55
02-17-2016, 07:01 PM
Lol why would cavs trade a star like love for a 5th option guy like anderson? It s not happening.

Cocaine80s
02-17-2016, 07:02 PM
Cavs be like "if you don't play well every game you're gone"
Wont you be happy if hes somewhere else though? I thought Love was one of your favorite players

90sgoat
02-17-2016, 07:10 PM
Lebron literally turning a 25-14 player into Ryan Anderson:roll:

k0kakw0rld
02-17-2016, 07:22 PM

Cleveland is making a big mistake. :facepalm

MMM
02-17-2016, 07:31 PM
Boston: Love
NO: picks and Lee
Cle: Anderson and Bradley

SwishSquared
02-17-2016, 07:57 PM
Boston: Love
NO: picks and Lee
Cle: Anderson and BradleyThat's slightly less preposterous than the David Lee/picks for Love trade.

Done_And_Done
02-17-2016, 08:09 PM
Dunno. Vuc yes but dipo would be tough. We are clearing all this cap space though but I don't see any real big name who would sign with us even once we clear it. Hennigan keeps being rumoured as wanting to make a big deal to lure a star and I don't know how he does it without parting with either dipo, hezonja or gordon.

There's another rumour now we are trying to do a three way to move frye, nicholson, shabazz for mozgov and stephenson. Looks like we really want to shed salary. Also says we believe we are in play for Durant (lmfao unless we pull off something big that would make him have some interest) but if they believe that it'd make sense why they are shedding so much cap. We are going to have enough for multiple max deals.

Maybe I'm off with that proposal but cavs would get anderson and lock up a decent center with mozgov rumoured to be let go anyway, pelicans are rumoured to be looking to move gordon or let him walk so dipo would fit there and I think vucevic and davis would fit well. Vucevic is actually doing well in one v one defence this year if you look at the stats, where he is horrid is in protecting the rim against drivers which is where davis is good.

Orlando's probably who that deal is toughest on, maybe giving up too much but i think hennigan right now is desperate for a star and this free agent class looks low on that. I could see him hoping to land a kevin love/blake griffen type now through trade then throw a match at conley or someone to pair with them once he realises durant won't come here.

Interesting take.

I guess I just didn't view Orlando as a team who was looking to make a splash by acquiring "win-now" type players. I also wasn't privy to the Hennigan reports either. I guess he's getting tired of the prolonged rebuild huh.

RedBlackAttack
02-17-2016, 08:09 PM
Isola.

That means ignore, people. Just a horrible, horrible deal if it is five years of Love being sent out for one year of Ryan freaking Anderson. :oldlol:

Click bait.

Meticode
02-17-2016, 08:13 PM
Stein is reporting Cavs have offered Varejao for Frye.

nba_55
02-17-2016, 08:14 PM
Isola.

That means ignore, people. Just a horrible, horrible deal if it is five years of Love being sent out for one year of Ryan freaking Anderson. :oldlol:

Click bait.

Marc Spears also reported that Cavs are showing strong interest in Ryan Anderson, but I doubt it's for Love (unless another star in involved in the deal).

qrich
02-17-2016, 08:15 PM

Great, now offer the same for Ryan Anderson so we can swoop Anderson and you can have Frye.

RedBlackAttack
02-17-2016, 08:18 PM
Now, this seems true.

RedBlackAttack
02-17-2016, 08:21 PM
Marc Spears also reported that Cavs are showing strong interest in Ryan Anderson, but I doubt it's for Love (unless another star in involved in the deal).
It makes sense for the Cavs to go after Anderson. I'm not debating that. Love isn't involved though. It has been made clear that he will not be traded for role players, period.

New Orleans is running out of time to deal Anderson. They've tried to play the long game and wait out a great offer, but that decision has backfired. If they don't deal him soon, they're going to lose him and get nothing in return. The Cavs are attempting to swoop in and grab him for scraps.

I like the initiative, but doubt anything comes of it.

Meticode
02-17-2016, 08:25 PM
Now, this seems true.
My only question for Orlando is why do they do this?

qrich
02-17-2016, 08:26 PM
My only question for Orlando is why do they do this?

They don't. No incentive to take on Andy V's deal, unless they are in discussions to try to rush the Clippers into a decision.

RedBlackAttack
02-17-2016, 08:28 PM
I doubt it happens. A buy-out of Varejao would be more expensive than a buy-out of Lance. There could be more to it than just that, though. I guess we have to wait until the next report.

coin24
02-17-2016, 08:28 PM
Would be hilarious is the cavs traded Wiggins for love, then love for Ryan pos Anderson :roll: :roll: :roll:

How great is LeGM

qrich
02-17-2016, 08:29 PM
No need to buy-out Lance, just waive him and $0 is owed next season.

Knicksfever2010
02-17-2016, 08:39 PM
Keep in mind back in 2010, Isola said the Knicks shouldnt go after Lebron because he thought the Knicks should try to win through the draft and getting Lebron would be too easy of a way to win.

FireDavidKahn
02-17-2016, 08:46 PM
Frank Isola

Why do you guys believe his rumors have any backing? He is awful

CarlosBoozer
02-17-2016, 08:56 PM
lol, unless the cavs are getting howard or a good defensive big, it isn't worth trading love.

ALBballer
02-17-2016, 08:58 PM

Howard
Anderson
Lebron
JR
Irving

Jesus christ if Cavs get Anderson and Howard for Love then there can be no more excuses for Lebron.

AintNoSunshine
02-17-2016, 09:55 PM

How so?

MellowYellow
02-17-2016, 09:55 PM
I don't understand what the problem with this trade is? I suggested this earlier on and it makes sense. K-love is better than Ryan at a lot of things that the cavs don't really need. Ryan is a better off-ball shooter, which is exactly what the cavs need.

PLUS they get rid of the atrocious contract they gave to k-love. I can already see 30 year old K-love being a rotation player at best.

TheMarkMadsen
02-17-2016, 10:01 PM
How did this dude go from getting drafted for the most hyped pick in the past 10 years, to getting discussed in trades for half a year rental role players??

raprap
02-17-2016, 10:03 PM
Click bait :oldlol:

Lebron23
02-17-2016, 10:51 PM
Dwight Howard and Anderson to the Cavs. That's a good trade for this team.

Sign Lance Stephenson to replace Jared Cunningham if the NBA team who acquire him waive him.

But it's a Frank isola who's even worst than Broussard.

alanLA92
02-17-2016, 10:57 PM
Jesus christ if Cavs get Anderson and Howard for Love then there can be no more excuses for Lebron.

There will always be excuses when it comes to Lebron.

Lebron23
02-17-2016, 11:00 PM
lol, unless the cavs are getting howard or a good defensive big, it isn't worth trading love.

This

Isola is the new Multiple Sauces.

Lebron23
02-17-2016, 11:07 PM
There will always be excuses when it comes to Lebron.

Said by the guy who never play basketball in his entire life. Only in this forum you criticized a guy who averaged 32/11/7 on 49 FG% in his last 2 NBA Finals.

In Real life you blame those guys who sucked, struggled, and under performed in a playoffs series.

Lebron played much better than his 2013 NBA Finals performance, but his team didn't win the series last year because Love and Irving got injured.

Even if you put 2008 Kobe with the 2015 Cavaliers. They aren't winning the series anyway.

CarlosBoozer
02-17-2016, 11:09 PM
If they get howard, he'll probably be the best center Lebron has ever played with (other than old shaq)

Lebron23
02-17-2016, 11:20 PM
If they get howard, he'll probably be the best center Lebron has ever played with (other than old shaq)

Indeed. I love to see Howard win an NBA title with the Cavaliers. He made the biggest mistake of his life playing for the Lakers. He's still capable of putting up Love stats, but much better impact at the defensive end.

MellowYellow
02-17-2016, 11:25 PM
IDK big Z and current Howard are debatable.

Detroit
02-18-2016, 12:16 AM
In b4 Pistons send DinWiddie and 2nd rounder for LeBron James.

IllegalD
02-18-2016, 12:28 AM
Indeed. I love to see Howard win an NBA title with the Cavaliers. He made the biggest mistake of his life playing for the Lakers. He's still capable of putting up Love stats, but much better impact at the defensive end.

Your mom made the biggest mistake of her life when she let you get past the first trimester.

outbreak
02-18-2016, 12:33 AM
Your mom made the biggest mistake of her life when she let you get past the first trimester.
someones trying a little too hard....
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/embarassed-for-u.gif

Kingwillball
02-18-2016, 12:41 AM
So Love rumors with Rockets and Celtics in mix ? I read D12 and Anderson but also heard Crowder and Anderson which I would do in a split second. Crowder is young and athletic and would fit great on Cavs and Anderson would fill some of Loves Role. Gives Cavs more versatility on other hand D12 if his body and mind are right would also be a monster for Cavs playing Role of Defender Rebounder and getting Garbage points. He would get 12-18 points most nights on Lobs and putbacks without running offense for him.

KyrieTheFuture
02-18-2016, 01:28 AM
Remember when we could have had Wiggins

CarlosBoozer
02-18-2016, 01:42 AM
Remember when we could have had Wiggins
How does he fit in though? He could be a good asset to trade, but his defense and rebounding is lacking to fit in the cavs.

Funktion
02-18-2016, 01:47 AM
http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2016/02/cleveland_cavaliers_interested.html

LeGM with the weak offer for Chandler? He trying to get CP3 more help with the weak bait?

RedBlackAttack
02-18-2016, 01:58 AM
Dwight Howard and Anderson to the Cavs. That's a good trade for this team.

Sign Lance Stephenson to replace Jared Cunningham if the NBA team who acquire him waive him.

But it's a Frank isola who's even worst than Broussard.
It's a horrible trade for this team. Luckily, Isola made it up. Love will not be traded. Get used to that.

Nick Young
02-18-2016, 02:25 AM
LOL Ryan Anderson is a worse version of Kevin Love

coin24
02-18-2016, 04:31 AM

Wasn't his choice he was traded because he burned all bridges in Orlando. Just as he did in LA, and now Houston. Dwert is a pos barely even good for rebounding and d now.

But yeah I hope he goes to the cavs:lol :lol

Walker
02-18-2016, 08:13 AM
I'd bet 95% of the people in this thread have never seen Ryan Anderson play...

pastis
02-18-2016, 08:20 AM

i watched him and i always thought he was a good player - thats the reason i dont understand why NO struggles.

Ryan Anderson
AD
Tyreke Evans
Eric Gordon
Jrue Holliday
Omer Asik
Ajinca
Cunningham

thats very solid and AD should reach without any question multiple 50 win years. this roster is way more talented than mavs, blazers, jazz and not too far away from memphis and rockets

TommyGriffin
02-18-2016, 08:22 AM

Ryan Anderson is a baller. Very underrated.

Haymaker
02-18-2016, 08:54 AM
i watched him and i always thought he was a good player - thats the reason i dont understand why NO struggles.

Ryan Anderson
AD
Tyreke Evans
Eric Gordon
Jrue Holliday
Omer Asik
Ajinca
Cunningham

thats very solid and AD should reach without any question multiple 50 win years. this roster is way more talented than mavs, blazers, jazz and not too far away from memphis and rockets

Many people ignore the huge role of team/player chemistry in NBA success.

PP34Deuce
02-18-2016, 09:18 AM
I honestly don't feel Kevin Love will stay in Cleveland long. For Cleveland to even listen to offers on him suggests they worry about his durability.

He's always nicked up. Never know when he will miss 20-25 games. they have that with Kyrie already.

I see Love being traded an showcased if they don't win the chip this year.

ALBballer
02-18-2016, 09:20 AM
It's a horrible trade for this team. Luckily, Isola made it up. Love will not be traded. Get used to that.

Aside from possible chemistry reasons it's really not. Love is a better player than Anderson but on the Cavs team the difference is not that substantial and Howard is another big that rebounds and blocks shots.

RedBlackAttack
02-18-2016, 11:52 AM
Aside from possible chemistry reasons it's really not. Love is a better player than Anderson but on the Cavs team the difference is not that substantial and Howard is another big that rebounds and blocks shots.
Aside from the underrating of Love, a conversation I don't really feel like having this morning, the contract situations alone make it an awful deal. The Cavs would be trading five seasons of Kevin Love for potentially 40 games of Anderson and Howard. Both are going to be looking for new contracts next season, just as the cap spikes.

I don't want to be the team stuck with the unenviable decision of having to give Howard a max deal (someone will ) or watch him walk. The same thing will hold true for Anderson... sign him to what is sure to be an overpay or see some other team do it.

You honestly think the Cavs should trade Kevin Love -- who shocked all of the pundits by signing a long term contract before the cap explosion -- for two rentals? And not even great rentals at that?

Howard hasn't looked like he is still in his prime in at least a couple years and Anderson is a limited role player. I would agree Love hasn't been utilized correctly since coming here and there is plenty of blame to go around for it. But that's the beauty of him signing a long deal. We have time to work it out and, if that never happens, trade him for something that really makes a difference... now and years from now (Love is only 27).

Luckily, the word this morning is that both Love and Shump are staying through the deadline. I wasn't ever worried about Love, but the Shumpert stuff had me nervous.

Kblaze8855
02-18-2016, 01:01 PM
The way the Cavs use Love....Love for 15.7 or Anderson for 8.4? Eh. Clearly Love is a mile or 3 better as a franchise player. But he isnt a franchise player and shouldnt expect to be....ever again. Its kinda like choosing between Monta Ellis and Lou Williams. Yea...one has been a 19ppg player for the last decade(look into it...Monta is literally a 19ppg player over 10 years)...and one never has been and never will be....but both playing a similar role at the moment? Sure....Monta is better. Double the price better? Depends on the team.

There are teams Ryan Anderson makes more sense for at half the price. 17/6 off the bench with just short of elite outside shooting is nothing to mock. Dude led the NBA in made 3s one season. At 6'10''. Ryan Anderson can play. He suffers from big white guy syndrome though where until people watch a lot of you they assume youre a stiff who might be making some open jumpers. Ryan Anderson creates his own shots. He has a nice stepback off the dribble. He can post you up and fade...ive seen him break off some nice stepback crossovers into looooong threes. He isnt some spot up shooter. Hes scorer.

Id take Ryan Anderson and be happy to have him. And if I have to play him in Kevin Loves Cavs role....I might take him over Love for half the money. Who is actually better isnt the issue....who I can get the most out of for the money in the role I have to offer is.

That said....if Love is locked up for years and Anderson a free agent? With the incoming cap explosion?

I'll pay Love 95 million before I pay Anderson 80. I can shift Love into a franchise player role if I choose to do so....Anderson just is what he is.

kshutts1
02-18-2016, 01:19 PM
First, you should have quoted me in that OP. I've been saying, for probably months now, that the Cavs should make a trade to acquire Anderson and other pieces for Love. It's only logical with how the Cavs "utilize" Love.

Second, the more I think about it, the more I like it for both teams. Consider...

Is Kevin Love better than Ryan Anderson? Yes, of course. But it's about relative value. Love provides more value on the trade market than he does as a third "star" on the Cavs. Makes sense to trade him. Why Anderson? Because he fills the role perfectly.

Also, a basic trade of Love for Anderson and Eric Gordon, and that's it, works on the salary front, plus it does a few other interesting things.

New Orleans locks in a legitimate all-star, and one of the better big men in the league, to pair with Davis. That's huge.

Cleveland does not hurt their chances of winning this year, as Anderson won't pout, and he will hit shots, and he will rebound adequately. Gordon, if ever healthy, can also hit shots and defend a little. JR without the flash, essentially. So that's THIS year.

But then for those crying "rental!", "Anderson will leave!".. he may. And if he does? Cleveland would actually have cap space this summer, to retool a roster around Lebron and Kyrie that actually players to their strengths.

If he doesn't leave? You still have a championship-tested roster, with what would likely be better chemistry, still in their primes.