PDA

View Full Version : 22yrs ago today, David Robinson posted the last quadruple-double

Hey Yo
02-17-2016, 09:58 PM
SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 9 minutes ago
22 yrs ago today, David Robinson posted the last quadruple-double the NBA has seen (34 Pts, 10 Reb, 10 Ast, 10 Blk).

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CbdgrHzWcAAZsaK.jpg

FatComputerNerd
02-17-2016, 10:08 PM
A true legend he was.

Straight_Ballin
02-17-2016, 10:13 PM
D. Rob did that to honor MJ.

53 years ago today MJ was born.

Knicksfever2010
02-17-2016, 10:30 PM
Ewing was better

ClipperRevival
02-17-2016, 10:42 PM
http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/nba-a-complete-history-of-the-quadruple-double.html/?a=viewall

Interesting tid bit. It's been achieved only 5 times in history (Thurmond, Alvin Robertson, Drob and Hakeem). But Hakeem did it twice within a month span. How amazing is that? :bowdown: I know that Russell and Wilt would have a good share of these if they kept the stats though.

JebronLames
02-17-2016, 10:51 PM
LeBron could do it if he felt like it

feyki
02-18-2016, 08:21 AM
All three categories with just 10 . Sounds like stat padding to me . But Admiral was best center of 90's ( Hakeem played less in 90's ) .

Harison
02-18-2016, 08:52 AM
Underappreciated All-time great center :applause:

Magic 32
02-18-2016, 08:56 AM

So why is he not doing it?

It's not like he is winning anything.

Gileraracer
02-18-2016, 09:44 AM

Yeah like shooting 50/40/90 :roll: :roll: :roll:

Goro
02-18-2016, 10:23 AM
:applause:

Goro
02-18-2016, 10:24 AM
You are a sad, lonely little man.

Rake2204
02-18-2016, 11:44 AM
All three categories with just 10 . Sounds like stat padding to me . But Admiral was best center of 90's ( Hakeem played less in 90's ) .Robinson had 13 points, seven rebounds, seven assists, and three blocks at half-time that night.

Translation: All the traditional stat-pad categories were almost in double figures before the game was even half over. He wasn't going to have to really force the issue in any of the traditional fronts to get to double figures (i.e. he was liable to stumble into three rebounds on accident in the second half).

The one category in which he was struggling — blocked shots — isn't really one in which a player can willfully stat pad.

Considering he led the Spurs in every major statistical category that season (aside from rebounding, thanks to Dennis Rodman), it wasn't entirely unlikely that he was going to have a night like this at some point or another.

As for why his assist pace dipped in the second half, the Spurs began running all over the Pistons and Robinson went into attack mode, scoring 21 points in the second half (and it could have been more, but he was uncharacteristically mediocre from the free throw line). In the addition, his blocked shots often meant rebounds for someone aside from him (alongside there probably being fewer offensive rebounding opportunities because he and his teammates were either scoring or getting to the line all half).

He was at a quad with a fair amount of time to spare in the game, so I think there's actually a chance he may have pulled back the reins after someone told him he'd hit a milestone.

choppermagic
02-18-2016, 11:56 AM
You are a sad, lonely little man.

I think he was being sarcastic since Lebron says he can pretty do anything if he "felt" like it LOL

feyki
02-18-2016, 12:15 PM
[QUOTE=Rake2204]Robinson had 13 points, seven rebounds, seven assists, and three blocks at half-time that night.

Translation: All the traditional stat-pad categories were almost in double figures before the game was even half over. He wasn't going to have to really force the issue in any of the traditional fronts to get to double figures (i.e. he was liable to stumble into three rebounds on accident in the second half).

The one category in which he was struggling