PDA

View Full Version : Cavs get ANOTHER elite role player...Frye is Danny Green in the making...

stalkerforlife
02-18-2016, 02:05 PM
WOW.

So damn stacked.

Elite shooter and big/agile enough to defend the 3, 4, and 5.

Legends66NBA7
02-18-2016, 02:07 PM
He's as much as in the making as Ryan Kelly is, I guess.

JohnnySic
02-18-2016, 02:10 PM
Frye is crap. Andy V is better. But I guess Frye is a better matchup against the Warriors.

Lebronxrings
02-18-2016, 02:10 PM
how are the cavs stacked? If anything they are unstacked..

Frye is pretty old and washed up, why else would the magic give him up for basically nothing?

Hopper15
02-18-2016, 02:13 PM
Another bad defender paired with Kevin Love. kudos

inclinerator
02-18-2016, 02:14 PM
channing frye is a fkin scrub

KnittingRyu
02-18-2016, 02:36 PM

Frye is pretty old and washed up, why else would the magic give him up for basically nothing?
You act like he will become their starter. :lol

Haymaker
02-18-2016, 02:46 PM
Frye is crap. Andy V is better. But I guess Frye is a better matchup against the Warriors.

Yup, Frye isn't anything special. He's a slow footed tall sharp shooter.

ShawkFactory
02-18-2016, 02:47 PM
Can you be 'in the making' when you're 32? Especially when the guy you're comparing him to is 28?

outbreak
02-18-2016, 02:49 PM
People downplaying Frye. He's still a solid stretch four. But no he isn't in the making, he isn't elite and he isn't Danny Green. He's a solid bench piece though.

VengefulAngel
02-18-2016, 02:55 PM
People downplaying Frye. He's still a solid stretch four. But no he isn't in the making, he isn't elite and he isn't Danny Green. He's a solid bench piece though.

He's good and they managed to get rid of Andy V's contract but I think they were a little too desperate, it's not a move I can envisage Pat Riley making. He would have probably played the patient game and seen who became available after being waived by another team. I'm not sure this pushes them over the top though.

Optimus Prime
02-18-2016, 02:56 PM
Frye is 32 doesn't play defense and hasn't had a good season since his Phoenix days. But now he's Danny Green in the making? :wtf:

But LeBald does need more help. :kobe:

outbreak
02-18-2016, 02:59 PM
He's good and they managed to get rid of Andy V's contract but I think they were a little too desperate, it's not a move I can envisage Pat Riley making. He would have probably played the patient game and seen who became available after being waived by another team. I'm not sure this pushes them over the top though.
I don't think there's going to be anyone better to pick up who will help against GSW. If they are going to win it all this year it's going to be on how Lebron, Iriving and love perform.

MP.Trey
02-18-2016, 04:14 PM
:rolleyes:

Genaro
02-18-2016, 04:14 PM
Lebron needs MORE help? Stacked AF

PP34Deuce
02-18-2016, 04:21 PM
Frye on a motivated playoff team is a decent spot starter and good consistent bench player.

Cleveland doesn't trust Kevin Love's health. This move explains that clear as day. All Frye can do is shoot, and very average rebounder.

This screams Lebron Ball as the back up. If you are a CAVS fan, you're simply going to be upset and for good reason. Andy V still could make defensive plays when healthy. Frye has more ability than Love because he's lanky but he still isn't very good defensively.

Kevin Love is brittle. They don't trust his health.

nba_55
02-18-2016, 04:35 PM
Frye on a motivated playoff team is a decent spot starter and good consistent bench player.

Cleveland doesn't trust Kevin Love's health. This move explains that clear as day. All Frye can do is shoot, and very average rebounder.

This screams Lebron Ball as the back up. If you are a CAVS fan, you're simply going to be upset and for good reason. Andy V still could make defensive plays when healthy. Frye has more ability than Love because he's lanky but he still isn't very good defensively.

Kevin Love is brittle. They don't trust his health.
Love is going to be fine as long as they dont let that lesbian with celtics come near him.

greymatter
02-18-2016, 04:45 PM
Yeah...

A guy who couldn't get more than 10 minutes a game with the lowly Magic somehow makes the Cavs stacked?

They ought to pay you to be an analyst.

Wally450
02-18-2016, 05:00 PM
In the making? WTF?

Nick Young
02-18-2016, 05:02 PM
Varejao is a great hustle guy and on offense sets good screens, moves well off the ball and is a creative and selfless passer.

Frye is a scrub.

Cavs get worse with this deal. What were they thinking:facepalm

coin24
02-18-2016, 05:06 PM
Stacked team is stacked:oldlol:

How much help does bran need?

stalkerforlife
02-18-2016, 05:07 PM
Get real, people.

Frye is shooting 40% from three and is an elite shooter for his entire career.

With all the attention Kyrie and Love get, dude is going to be more open than ever. AND most importantly...the 3, 4, or 5 will HAVE to stick next to him and that will open the game up for everyone.

Orlando dedicated their existence to the young guys, but Frye is an ELITE shooter.

Pointguard
02-18-2016, 05:10 PM
Anybody that is slow isnt going to help you against GSW. That includes Love.

jbryan1984
02-18-2016, 05:11 PM
I can't re all the last time i was more upset with a trade we did. I don't like it at all. Frye is another guy who can run out and guard shooters cause of his length, i get that. But giving Varejao up for him. Damn. I really thought they were saving his crazy defense for the playoffs. And the rules have changed, we can't get him back. Open roster spots now though. We will pick up someone who is bought out.

Hey Yo
02-18-2016, 05:12 PM
Varejao is a great hustle guy and on offense sets good screens, moves well off the ball and is a creative and selfless passer.

Frye is a scrub.

Cavs get worse with this deal. What were they thinking:facepalm
dumb ^^

Showtime2001
02-18-2016, 05:17 PM
Clearly stacked AF no excuses...

RedBlackAttack
02-18-2016, 05:21 PM
I can't re all the last time i was more upset with a trade we did. I don't like it at all. Frye is another guy who can run out and guard shooters cause of his length, i get that. But giving Varejao up for him. Damn. I really thought they were saving his crazy defense for the playoffs. And the rules have changed, we can't get him back. Open roster spots now though. We will pick up someone who is bought out.

Frye will be a good role player on this team and I have a ton of respect for Varejao. Andy was redundant on this roster and he had a horrible contract. We could have gotten Frye without dealing him, in fact, but the tax would have been insane and it would have been more of a sentimental thing to hold onto him rather than actually helping us.

Frye is a 40% three-point shooter, he's long and, while not a great defender, can play well within a system. Lineups featuring Frye and Love will allow Frye to do the standing around at the three-point line, pulling a big away from the basket, while Love can actually do what he has always done best... go to work in the high post and the elbow with lots of room and passing lanes.

If the Cavs go with a Kyrie-JR-LBJ-Love-Frye lineup, how can you help when Lebron or Kyrie drives to the basket? One of those guys is going to be left alone. That was OK when you had Andy or Tristan or Mozgov on the court. Frye opens up the gameplan.

He also gives us consistency. We can run a lot of the same stuff for the second unit as with the first, because Frye is a great backup for Love.

I don't know... I wanted Frye or Anderson. We got Frye. I'm content. And, it opens up a roster spot for a buy-out candidate. This Cavs' roster still isn't complete.

Levity
02-18-2016, 05:28 PM
when you say Danny Green in the making, do you mean Frye will awkwardly party at the club the winning Finals team celebrates at?

navy
02-18-2016, 05:33 PM
Isnt Varejaos contract terrible?

RedBlackAttack
02-18-2016, 05:38 PM
Isnt Varejaos contract terrible?
Yes.

I'll say it again... we didn't trade Frye for Varejao. But, to keep Varejao and add Frye would have (1) made the tax insane and (2) made no sense for the roster. Andy was barely playing as it was. We would be putting another 4/5 way ahead of him on the depth chart.

We basically had to pay Portland with a draft pick to get them to take Varejao's terrible contract.

Now, we have Frye and a roster spot.

The Cavs are in a much better place -- now and for the future -- today than they were yesterday. Frye is on a very reasonable contract through 2018. Varejao was getting paid $10+ million for another three years.

ralph_i_el
02-18-2016, 06:07 PM
Frye is the definition of a spot-up shooter.

People in here catching feelings over a floor spacer:roll:

BigMacAttack
02-18-2016, 06:17 PM
Brans teams are always trying to add someone around trade deadline. Its like the guy is always telling management to improve the roster, shit is sad. Why not just Steph Curry em and improve the scrubs you got.

72-10
02-18-2016, 08:25 PM
why did you CAPSLOCK the word another? It's annoying.

jbryan1984
02-18-2016, 09:59 PM
idk RBA, maybe I am just too much of a fan of his and I am biased. I know the dude was injury prone, I know he had that bad contract. But I mean, he deserved it imo. Staying loyal with us through the tough times..... He had that heartbreaking injury last year, all he wanted to do was play in the playoffs again with LeBron. And this year, for the very first time ever, he falls out of the regular rotation. I was just hoping they would slowly slip him back in, to get him ready for the post season and to avoid any injuries. No doubt a few years ago, he was a top 5 center in the league and would of been an all-star had he not got hurt. Dude plays hard. Real hard. And I have seen damn near every game he has played in. Same with Tristan Thompson. And I see so much of Andy's game in TT, he no doubt coached him very well.

I do see your point about Frye. I know he can shoot, I know he is lengthy and I know the scary plays we can do. He also is averaging his second lowest scoring percent though and was on a bad team.

I just don't like the trade but it is was it is.

AintNoSunshine
02-18-2016, 11:44 PM
He wouldn't see the floor if he plays for Golden State, yet he's one of the best help to Lebron. So there you go.

Duderonomy
02-19-2016, 01:11 AM
Lebron already had Green as a teammate
http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/353/929/ScreenShot2013-06-12at1.35.54PM_crop_exact.jpg?w=1500&h=1500&q=85

Black and White
02-19-2016, 01:48 AM

What? :biggums:

Smoke117
02-19-2016, 02:06 AM
He wouldn't see the floor if he plays for Golden State, yet he's one of the best help to Lebron. So there you go.

ha...good point...though i'm sure in stalkers mentally and emotionally damaged brain he'd want Frye over every Warriors bench player because he plays with Lebron and everyone who plays with Lebron has to be great in his head to somehow make all the bullshit that comes out of his mouth have some kind of merit.

AirBonner
02-19-2016, 03:14 AM
ha...good point...though i'm sure in stalkers mentally and emotionally damaged brain he'd want Frye over every Warriors bench player because he plays with Lebron and everyone who plays with Lebron has to be great in his head to somehow make all the bullshit that comes out of his mouth have some kind of merit.
ruthless :lol

1987_Lakers
02-19-2016, 03:20 AM
If the Cavs go with a Kyrie-JR-LBJ-Love-Frye lineup, how can you help when Lebron or Kyrie drives to the basket? One of those guys is going to be left alone. That was OK when you had Andy or Tristan or Mozgov on the court. Frye opens up the gameplan.

I like the trade for Cleveland, but that is just a bad defensive line-up. Cavs should play Frye when Love is on the bench.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
02-19-2016, 03:21 AM
Goran/Frye had one of the most deadly offensive plays in basketball for a while especially in 2014.

Channing is a good defender, can be a stretch 5, doesnt get bullied and can make ur offense near unguardable in the pickandroll with the right ball handler

Gileraracer
02-19-2016, 03:41 AM
I think lebron needs more help

La Frescobaldi
02-19-2016, 10:38 AM
Frye is the definition of a spot-up shooter.

People in here catching feelings over a floor spacer:roll:

not only that but...... what the heck is an elite role player?