PDA

View Full Version : Trades are dead, long live Free Agency

90sgoat
02-18-2016, 03:49 PM
This is the second year in a row with zero trades up to trading deadline.

Players now are so fickle and illoyal that no one dares to trade for them to risk them leaving.

BasedTom
02-18-2016, 04:02 PM
last year 38 players were traded though

VengefulAngel
02-18-2016, 04:11 PM

Players now are so fickle and illoyal that no one dares to trade for them to risk them leaving.

Players don't determine who gets traded, GMs/Owners do, there are exceptions obviously. Plus there is a good reason why this trade deadline was quiet, teams are keeping the cap room for the upcoming cap rise so player on short deals aren't valued highly and those on long term deals are, obviously those on long term deals tend to not be traded.

AI09
02-18-2016, 04:14 PM

I don't blame the players at all why be loyal to a team that will trade you at any given time. they rarely get a say in where they play and Unless you are a star the team won't be loyal to you. I've seen players sign deals for less money to play where they enjoy playing just to get traded because they have a favorable contract. What's to stop the team from signing someone in the off season and trading him to the sixers at the deadline?

In short players don't have a lot of say in where they live/play so they should take advantage when they are given a say. Look at Jeff Teague and horrford example, I feel they've earned the Hawks loyalty and they are actively shopping both. Detroit traded Billups because stuckey showed potential. My point being as a player you can do everything for the team if the deal is right your ass is getting shipped to philly wolves nets etc..

zeerghit
02-18-2016, 04:18 PM
im so disappointed this trade deadline was the worst !

nba_55
02-18-2016, 04:19 PM
I don't blame the players at all why be loyal to a team that will trade you at any given time. they rarely get a say in where they play and Unless you are a star the team won't be loyal to you. I've seen players sign deals for less money to play where they enjoy playing just to get traded because they have a favorable contract. What's to stop the team from signing someone in the off season and trading him to the sixers at the deadline?

In short players don't have a lot of say in where they live/play so they should take advantage when they are given a say. Look at Jeff Teague and horrford example, I feel they've earned the Hawks loyalty and they are actively shopping both. Detroit traded Billups because stuckey showed potential. My point being as a player you can do everything for the team if the deal is right your ass is getting shipped to philly wolves nets etc..
And we had members raging about how disloyal allen was to leave celtics for heat ( even after celtics almost traded him to memphis against hia wishes) LOL

Heavincent
02-18-2016, 04:19 PM

Uh what? There were tons of players traded at the deadline last year. I'm pretty sure it was a historic amount of trades.

nba_55
02-18-2016, 04:22 PM
Uh what? There were tons of players traded at the deadline last year. I'm pretty sure it was a historic amount of trades.
Any big trades? Nobody cares about the frye for varejao type of trades.

Kvnzhangyay
02-18-2016, 04:22 PM

It was. Around 8% of the players in the NBA were traded lol

coin24
02-18-2016, 04:25 PM
It's usually all hype and bullshit, did any of you actually think a big trade would happen :lol :lol

It's always just scrubs and 2nd round picks

nba_55
02-18-2016, 04:29 PM
It's usually all hype and bullshit, did any of you actually think a big trade would happen :lol :lol

It's always just scrubs and 2nd round picks
Bitches got me this time, i was all hype up for big moves and we got frye for varejao type of trades.:facepalm

HylianNightmare
02-18-2016, 04:37 PM
Boozer waiting by the phone

coin24
02-18-2016, 05:00 PM
Bitches got me this time, i was all hype up for big moves and we got frye for varejao type of trades.:facepalm

:oldlol: :oldlol:

They were quite convincing with the Dwert and Blake rumours.
The only ones I'm surprised about is the nuggets, thought they would make a few moves..

Derka
02-18-2016, 05:08 PM
Big trades rarely happen at the deadline but people still fall for it when the sports media starts hyping up the deadline and pretending like some HUGE names are on the block :oldlol:

CLIPS ARE TOTALLY TRADING GRIFFIN, YOU GUYS. CLICK MY LINK AND FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER PLZ. :lol

DOUBLE DRIBBLE
02-18-2016, 05:11 PM
Any big trades? Nobody cares about the frye for varejao type of trades. Yes...Isaiah Thomas was pretty big. Arguably Top 5-10 point Guard last year... Arguably Top-5 this year and All-Star.

KnittingRyu
02-18-2016, 05:27 PM
last year 38 players were traded though
Yeah, but how many did people care about?

sammichoffate
02-18-2016, 06:12 PM
Shumpert+Mozgov+Smith
Thomas to Boston
Dragic to Miami
Kanter to OKC, Jackson to DET
Rivers to LAC
Jeff Green to MEM

Trades last season were way more impactful than this one, Detroit CLEARLY got the best haul this deadline though

Pushxx
02-19-2016, 04:25 PM
Shumpert+Mozgov+Smith
Thomas to Boston
Dragic to Miami
Kanter to OKC, Jackson to DET
Rivers to LAC
Jeff Green to MEM

Trades last season were way more impactful than this one, Detroit CLEARLY got the best haul this deadline though

SVG :bowdown: