PDA

View Full Version : Cavs need to get more athletic to beat the Warriors

NBASTATMAN
02-18-2016, 04:20 PM
Getting Frye may help in case Love is traded but they need to trade for athleticism. No one can match up with the Warriors cuz they are so darn athletic at pretty much every position except center. They have so many guys that can create and shoot or dish.. The Cavs getting FRYE only helps them if they get rid of Love.

VengefulAngel
02-18-2016, 04:23 PM
Getting Frye may help in case Love is traded but they need to trade for athleticism. No one can match up with the Warriors cuz they are so darn athletic at pretty much every position except center. They have so many guys that can create and shoot or dish.. The Cavs getting FRYE only helps them if they get rid of Love.

Cavs are the best team when the shot clock is under 5 seconds, they need to slow their pace to a crawl. ( Will provide a link if anyone doesn't believe this).

chips93
02-18-2016, 04:27 PM
Cavs are the best team when the shot clock is under 5 seconds, they need to slow their pace to a crawl. ( Will provide a link if anyone doesn't believe this).

its not that i dont believe you, but id be interested to read more about it

NBASTATMAN
02-18-2016, 04:29 PM

SHOW ME

Hopper15
02-18-2016, 04:35 PM
There only shot against the Warrors is if Lebron plays PF and matches up with Draymond.

34-24 Footwork
02-18-2016, 04:38 PM
Even after the ruthless slaughter, you guys still believe that starting a SF that can't make a jumpshot is still the best bet...lol. wow.

Maybe the problem is Lebron.

Maybe he should be like a rondo or Rubio.

Or maybe get on the block PERMANENTLY.

Cavs won't ever beat the Warriors with Bran getting exploited by allowing him to ISO.

VengefulAngel
02-18-2016, 04:41 PM
Can't find last years stats, but here is this year.

They are 2nd are 3rd in use and effectiveness. This is illustrated best in this graphic.

Ok lots of data to interpret here.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ca5Ak2iUEAAZQjV.png:large

There was an article on these stats, i'll try to find it.

Frequency is really important for these stats as GSW isn't used to playing at such a slow pace whilst the Cavs clearly are.

Number 1 defense when the shot clock is under 3 seconds as well.

outbreak
02-18-2016, 04:42 PM
There only shot against the Warrors is if Lebron plays PF and matches up with Draymond.
Do you have money on Draymond for finals MVP?

NBASTATMAN
02-18-2016, 04:42 PM
Even after the ruthless slaughter, you guys still believe that starting a SF that can't make a jumpshot is still the best bet...lol. wow.

Maybe the problem is Lebron.

Maybe he should be like a rondo or Rubio.

Or maybe get on the block PERMANENTLY.

Cavs won't ever beat the Warriors with Bran getting exploited by allowing him to ISO.

If he can't hit jumpers than you are correct. He should change his game and go down low or play like Rondo or Rubio

34-24 Footwork
02-18-2016, 04:44 PM
If he can't hit jumpers than you are correct. He should change his game and go down low or play like Rondo or Rubio

He won't get similar stats though.

NBASTATMAN
02-18-2016, 04:46 PM
He won't get similar stats though.

Winning should make that ok

Mass Debator
02-18-2016, 04:46 PM
Participated in the dunk contest:
Warriors - Barnes, Iggy
Cavs - JR, Shump, Richard Jeff

Participated in the 3pt shootout:
Warriors - Curry, Klay
Cavs - Kyrie, Love, James Jones, Frye

No excuses for Lebron.

VengefulAngel
02-18-2016, 04:47 PM
its not that i dont believe you, but id be interested to read more about it

Here's the stat's.

http://stats.nba.com/league/team/shots/#!/?ShotDistRange=&ShotClockRange=4-0%20Very%20Late&sort=FG_PCT&dir=1

Plus the image.

Hopper15
02-18-2016, 04:50 PM
Do you have money on Draymond for finals MVP?

Lebron's P&R defense isn't as bad as Kevin Love's pick and roll defense.

PP34Deuce
02-18-2016, 05:41 PM
The Cavs are athletic enough that's not even an issue for them.

ISO ball will not beat the warriors. It's going to take defense, less turnovers, and making your open shots.

This team lives and dies by lebron.

lilteapot
02-18-2016, 07:00 PM
Good point. Yeah, this is probably their best bet. Lebron is lethal when playing at the 4 as shown in Miami and the rare instances where he did play the 4 last year.

Kyrie
JR
Richard Jefferson/shumpert
Lebron
Thompson

matches up pretty well with the Warriors' starting lineup even though it's still inferior.

raprap
02-18-2016, 07:26 PM
If they can control the pnr of the warriors, I like their chances. Love should play 25 mins or less against them. He's just not a good option against the warriors.

NBASTATMAN
02-18-2016, 07:29 PM
If they can control the pnr of the warriors, I like their chances. Love should play 25 mins or less against them. He's just not a good option against the warriors.

I AGREE... They did fine without Love last season and I don't believe he adds much to this team.. He would add value to a team that is on the brink of making the playoffs or one that scuks like the Lakers.