PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Green: upgrade over L. Stepheson, but the Clippers have people who cant shoot

1987_Lakers
02-18-2016, 05:29 PM
CP3
Redick
Green
Blake
Jordan

Redick is an elite 3 point shooter, & CP3 can shoot, but the Clippers now have 3 guys in the starting line-up that can't shoot. DJ can only score inside, Blake has a solid mid-range game, but no 3 point threat, & Green is about a 30% shooter from 3 and mid-range. Should the Clippers be concerned about the lack of spacing?

It should be noted that once Blake got injured, the Clippers went with a line-up that had good spacing and as a result the Clippers went on a winning tear.

Now what do the Clippers do once Blake comes back healthy and you have Jeff Green as the SF???

navy
02-18-2016, 05:32 PM
Jeff Green should shoot better with the Clippers

You Cant Ban Me
02-18-2016, 05:35 PM
should of traded for joe johnson.Jeff Green is overrated and is known to disappear in games....but hey they traded someone who doesnt even get time for him so its whatever

Young X
02-18-2016, 05:36 PM
He's not an upgrade over Stephenson. Stephenson was actually playing well, giving the Clippers good minutes when he got a chance to play.

When will people realize that Green is trash? He's had a negative plus/minus in almost every season even when he was on good teams. He's not a positive impact player.

Levity
02-18-2016, 05:39 PM
where's byron mullens when the clippers need him :lol

navy
02-18-2016, 05:40 PM
He's not an upgrade over Stephenson. Stephenson was actually playing well, giving the Clippers good minutes when he got a chance to play.

When will people realize that Green is trash? He's had a negative plus/minus in almost every season even when he was on good teams. He's not a positive impact player.
Stephenson is cancer. Green just sucks

JohnnySic
02-18-2016, 05:43 PM
Jordan-Griffin-Green dunk party.

bdreason
02-18-2016, 05:46 PM
I doubt we see many Green - Griffin - Jordan lineups. More likely to see Green at the 4, off the bench, once Griffin returns.

Young X
02-18-2016, 05:48 PM
Stephenson is cancer. Green just sucksStephenson was playing well for them though in the last 7 games where he finally got playing time. He shot 71% in those games.

The real cancers on that team are Crawford and Rivers who are awful, awful players. Of course Doc Rivers didn't even think about trading them though. That would make too much sense.

1987_Lakers
02-18-2016, 06:00 PM
The Clippers have always had a hole at the SF spot which is why I think they made this trade, Green is OK, but I would have gone after a guy who can shoot and can play D, Green does none of those on a good level.

ralph_i_el
02-18-2016, 06:11 PM
I don't see this as an upgrade. Green is a mediocre shooter and it's not like this team needs more guys trying to handle the ball.

CP3 and BG just aren't a good fit when you boil it down

TheMarkMadsen
02-18-2016, 07:02 PM
They got Jeff Green?

Is he still pretty good? Seems like an awesome pick up

lilteapot
02-18-2016, 07:03 PM
I mean, not all of your players in the starting lineup need to be knock-down shooters to be really good.

Smoke117
02-18-2016, 07:05 PM
Stephenson was playing well for them though in the last 7 games where he finally got playing time. He shot 71% in those games.

The real cancers on that team are Crawford and Rivers who are awful, awful players. Of course Doc Rivers didn't even think about trading them though. That would make too much sense.

Pretty much...after all these years I still wonder why Crawford is allowed to whatever he wants out there. That asshole shot them out of that series vs the Rockets.

HurricaneKid
02-18-2016, 07:35 PM
This is why coaches shouldn't be GMs. Rivers traded Bledsoe on a rookie deal for Dudley and a 2nd. Dudley had a broken kneecap the following season and at the end of the year Doc gives up a #1 to salary dump Dudley to the Bucks so he can sign Spencer Hawes. Hawes just doesn't fit. He compounds that by trading him for Lance. BTW, Dudley had a great season with the Bucks last year.

Now he trades another #1 for Green? He traded away Bledsoe and two firsts and ends up with Jeff Green?

SwishSquared
02-18-2016, 08:12 PM
Doc got fleeced again and lost another trade. I know he loves Jeff Green, but he didn't upgrade the roster. And at least Lance had a $9M team option, whereas Green is an UFA.

JohnFreeman
02-18-2016, 08:33 PM
They should fire Doc as the GM