PDA

View Full Version : Rank these 2nd tier SG's from the past 20 seasons?

L.Kizzle
02-18-2016, 10:31 PM
Just like the PF list. The unquestionable top SGs from the past 20 seasons were Kobe, Iverson, Ray Allen, McGrady, Carter, Manu and Wade (I'm not counting Jordan, Drexler, Miller, Dumars, Richmond.)

But along the way, some other guys were making a name for themselves. So with that said, rank these players below.

Latrell Sprewell
Allan Houston
Eddie Jones
Michael Finley
Jerry Stackhouse
Rip Hamilton
Joe Johnson
Michael Redd
Brandon Roy

JtotheIzzo
02-18-2016, 10:48 PM
Just like the PF list. The unquestionable top SGs from the past 20 seasons were Kobe, Iverson, Ray Allen, McGrady, Carter, Manu and Wade (I'm not counting Jordan, Drexler, Miller, Dumars, Richmond.)

But along the way, some other guys were making a name for themselves. So with that said, rank these players below.

Latrell Sprewell
Allan Houston
Eddie Jones
Michael Finley
Jerry Stackhouse
Rip Hamilton
Joe Johnson
Michael Redd
Brandon Roy

Peaks:
Spree(not second tier)
Stack
Roy
Redd-Finley
Houston
Jones
Johnson
Hamilton

90sgoat
02-18-2016, 10:49 PM

Latrell Sprewell
Allan Houston
Eddie Jones
Michael Finley
Jerry Stackhouse
Rip Hamilton
Joe Johnson
Michael Redd
Brandon Roy

Some injuries in there. I haven't watched all a lot.

Stackhouse led the league in scoring so he will probably have to go in the top, though personally I take Allan Houston and Michael Finley of those guys.

1. Allan Houston
2. Michael Finley
3. Stackhouse
4. Eddie Jones
5. Brandon Roy (injured so lower ranking)

Rest don't care, don't know well enough.

BasedTom
02-18-2016, 10:50 PM
1. Eddie Jones

L.Kizzle
02-18-2016, 10:54 PM
Peaks:
Spree(not second tier)
Stack
Roy
Redd-Finley
Houston
Jones
Johnson
Hamilton
Spree had first tier talent, but couldn't keep his play up for one reason or another. Same reason as to why I had Webber 2nd tier on the PF list. Unless you have those guys on islands on their own. Right below the 1st tier guys but about the 2nd tier players.

L.Kizzle
02-18-2016, 10:56 PM
Stackhouse led the league in scoring so he will probably have to go in the top, though personally I take Allan Houston and Michael Finley of those guys.

I'm almost positive Stackhouse never lead the league in scoring. Iverson and McGrady were the scoring leaders in the early 2000s.

JimmyMcAdocious
02-18-2016, 11:14 PM
Iverson led the league in scoring the year Stack averaged about 30. That was AI's MVP season.

Though, Stack scored more points than him (played more games) and led the league in points scored if that's what you meant.

kshutts1
02-19-2016, 11:13 AM

Latrell Sprewell
Allan Houston
Eddie Jones
Michael Finley
Jerry Stackhouse
Rip Hamilton
Joe Johnson
Michael Redd
Brandon Roy

Interesting list of players. More interesting than PF, IMO, as there's a lot more differentiation in play styles. Makes it more difficult.

That said, going by peak...

Roy -- Had legit superstar potential prior to his injury. Guy was special.
Johnson -- Could do everything really well. Maybe even greatly. Just never had.... whatever Roy had...
Jones -- Loved his defense and all-around play. Strong versatility.
Spree -- All the talent, just didn't have the mental game, IMO.

Redd -- Dude could flat out shoot/score. Rebounded well.
Stack -- Better scorer than Redd, but worse shooter. Didn't add too much else.
Houston -- Prior to his injury, he was like a poor man's Reggie Miller. I was never sold on his iso game, but he could get open, and he rarely missed when he did.
Rip -- In terms of talent, he's last, but he played within the confines of his limitations, and his team, better than anyone on this list, and that really helped to maximize his contributions.
Finley -- Soft spot for him from video games but, truth-be-told, I don't recall him being all that special. Good all-around player, similar to Joe Johnson, but maybe worse than him in all facets (except dunking).

Prime_Shaq
02-19-2016, 11:22 AM
I miss Brandon Roy :cry:

34-24 Footwork
02-19-2016, 12:10 PM
Fvvvvck man. Brandon Roy :cry: :cry:

Dude's game was hella smooth and would've definitely been a good-great shooting guard. His story is CRAZY too. Super inspiring.

However,

Aesthetically, Joe Johnson, Houston and Michael Redd are my top 3.

Rip Hamilton Most Effective/consistent.

Latrell was nice too, but I didn't follow him for long.

34-24 Footwork
02-19-2016, 12:13 PM

Latrell Sprewell
Allan Houston
Eddie Jones
Michael Finley
Jerry Stackhouse
Rip Hamilton
Joe Johnson
Michael Redd
Brandon Roy

I think Penny Hardaway deserves to be on this list bro....although I'm not so sure that he's 2nd tier.

People forget about him ALOT.