PDA

View Full Version : Miami Heat (29-24) @ Atlanta Hawks (31-24) 2/19/2016 GT:

Smoke117
02-19-2016, 08:55 PM
Well...it looks like Bosh is gone for the season...and possibly done for good. I guess Wade is going to have to go 2009 on the league the rest of the season.

BasedTom
02-19-2016, 09:10 PM
Wade's out for tonight

Wade's Rings
02-19-2016, 09:13 PM
Well...it looks like Bosh is gone for the season...and possibly done for good. I guess Wade is going to have to go 2009 on the league the rest of the season.

I thought Bosh was going to try and play on the blood thinners.

Wade usually plays better after the All-Star break.

Smoke117
02-19-2016, 09:13 PM
Wade's out for tonight

Oh god and it's a knee thing...:facepalm Here we come lottery. :violin: It's honestly better for the future if we don't make the playoffs as our team is basically headed to a rebuid anyway...but as a basketball fan I always want to win.

BasedTom
02-19-2016, 09:15 PM
Dragic is going to need to step up. He has the green light.

Wadeless offense looked horrid on that first possession.

Akhenaten
02-19-2016, 09:17 PM
masondixon you have your wish, lets see what your boy got tonight

Smoke117
02-19-2016, 09:21 PM
masondixon you have your wish, lets see what your boy got tonight

http://cdn.niketalk.com/2/25/258bf345_AlonzoMourningThinks.gif

Wade's Rings
02-19-2016, 09:38 PM
http://cdn.niketalk.com/2/25/258bf345_AlonzoMourningThinks.gif

I love this gif :oldlol:

BasedTom
02-19-2016, 10:48 PM
gerald green pls no

mcroberts and deng have played well at least

Dresta
02-19-2016, 11:19 PM
McBob breakout game :bowdown:

DaSeba5
02-19-2016, 11:20 PM
Miami always gets Let's Go Heat chants in Atlanta when they win there lol.

BasedTom
02-19-2016, 11:22 PM
green you bum

how many times has it looked like he might single-handedly cost the team a game?

Smoke117
02-19-2016, 11:24 PM
I'm just baffled right now...how the **** does our inept offensive team have 115 points without our two best scorers?....:roll:

DaSeba5
No Bosh. No Wade. No problem.

BasedTom
I'm just baffled right now...how are the **** does an inept offensive team have 115 points without our two best scorers?....:roll:
3, I believe Whiteside is 3rd.

McBob and Deng were TREMENDOUS tonight

Human Error
02-19-2016, 11:26 PM
green you bum

how many times has it looked like he might single-handedly cost the team a game?
Same here. I do not understand how Spo gives all the green lights to Green for his stupid long shots and defensive lapses.

Smoke117
Of course Luol Deng would finally have an great scoring night in this instance...and Josh Mcroberts? LOL. Even when he can score most of the time he passes it away...has 19 pts 10 assist 6 reb night....something he couldn't even sell his soul to replicate again.

fsvr54
Hawks ain't shit, Horford is not and will never be a max player. I hope to god we don't give him big money this offseason. Let him walk.

DaSeba5
02-19-2016, 11:28 PM
The Heat are a better team without Whiteside and better when there's ball movement and not just watching Wade and Bosh do things.

WayOfWade
02-19-2016, 11:30 PM
Dangit, I missed a really good game. Stunning that McRoberts actually played, unbelievable that he did as good as he did. Huge win for the Heat, with the Hawks and Bulls reeling, they almost definitely will make the playoffs. Wade's knees are concerning though, as they have been all throughout his career

Dresta
02-19-2016, 11:49 PM
Of course Luol Deng would finally have an great scoring night in this instance...and Josh Mcroberts? LOL. Even when he can score most of the time he passes it away...has 19 pts 10 assist 6 reb night....something he couldn't even sell his soul to replicate again.
McBob is a quality player. If he can stay healthy for a while and find some rhythm he'll be really helpful this season. His passing really opens the game up for other guys.

You don't get 10 assists in 30 minutes by accident.

Human Error
02-20-2016, 12:11 AM
The Heat are a better team without Whiteside and better when there's ball movement and not just watching Wade and Bosh do things.
Nah it was just a fluke. They may beat quality opponents on good nights but the NBA is where talent prevails in the end. But one thing is for sure, Wade and Bosh are not as great as they are considered to be, if you think you could build a title contending team with those 2 as your top dogs, you will fail.

DaSeba5
02-20-2016, 12:15 AM
Nah it was just a fluke. They may beat quality opponents on good nights but the NBA is where talent prevails in the end. But one thing is for sure, Wade and Bosh are not as great as they are considered to be, if you think you could build a title contending team with those 2 as your top dogs, you will fail.

I think they are better without Whiteside. I think the offense runs better without him and his defense is overrated. Miami needs spacing and shooters.

Wade and Bosh aren't overrated because everyone agrees with you. Wade is clearly older and can't be the first option on a title team. Bosh was never considered an elite first option you can win a title with either unless the team was stacked. They are two older all-stars on a team that has no elite first option and no spacing and shooters.

It's a decent team, but very flawed.

DoctorP
02-20-2016, 12:52 AM
I really liked the uptempo game tonight. If this is what Spo wants then just go for it. Deng was balling like a madman. McRoberts had some sick passes and Dragic was smooth as silk. Green.... just yeah, man. Yeah. Winslow... everybody was great.

GrapeApe
02-20-2016, 02:45 AM
I think they are better without Whiteside. I think the offense runs better without him and his defense is overrated. Miami needs spacing and shooters.

Wade and Bosh aren't overrated because everyone agrees with you. Wade is clearly older and can't be the first option on a title team. Bosh was never considered an elite first option you can win a title with either unless the team was stacked. They are two older all-stars on a team that has no elite first option and no spacing and shooters.

It's a decent team, but very flawed.

I agree with the comment about Wade and Bosh. They are still very good, all-star caliber players (when healthy of course), but realistically they are second and third options on a championship team, not first and second options. As for Whiteside, I think it's better when he comes off the bench. That's where he adds the most value and his abilities can be maximized.

The Heat are a very interesting team. They have a nice group of uniquely skilled and talented players. We all know about the lack of 3 point shooting, but that can be overcome to some degree if the Heat can figure out a way to maximize the strengths of their players. I know that can be said of most teams, but I really feel that with the right style of play this Heat team can make a deep playoff run. Unfortunately with Spo at the helm I don't think we'll ever see them play to their full potential.

Wade's Rings
02-20-2016, 03:13 AM
I really liked the uptempo game tonight. If this is what Spo wants then just go for it. Deng was balling like a madman. McRoberts had some sick passes and Dragic was smooth as silk. Green.... just yeah, man. Yeah. Winslow... everybody was great.

They played like this the last time they played Atl. It seemed after their lost in the 1st Fame Atl still had the Heats number but this fast paced style has worked well.

Human Error
02-20-2016, 09:38 PM
I think they are better without Whiteside. I think the offense runs better without him and his defense is overrated.
No. They are definitely better with Whiteside on the floor. Their offense could have looked better when their 3 balls were falling, but we cannot expect them to fall every night. As for his defense, if you put his defense up to the all time greats you are overrating him, but in today's NBA he is as good of a rim protector as you could get.

Dresta
02-20-2016, 09:54 PM
No. They are definitely better with Whiteside on the floor. Their offense could have looked better when their 3 balls were falling, but we cannot expect them to fall every night. As for his defense, if you put his defense up to the all time greats you are overrating him, but in today's NBA he is as good of a rim protector as you could get.
Honestly, it depends which Whiteside shows up. Sometimes he gets lost or frustrated and becomes a liability, and sometimes he's absolutely dominant. He's still pretty new to the NBA, so lets hope he gets more consistent over time.

Human Error
02-20-2016, 10:00 PM
Honestly, it depends which Whiteside shows up. Sometimes he gets lost or frustrated and becomes a liability, and sometimes he's absolutely dominant. He's still pretty new to the NBA, so lets hope he gets more consistent over time.
I think that is expecting way too much from him at the moment. He is still quite anew to the NBA and I think the team should be patient with him. And if you are to accuse Whiteside for being inconsistent, we should accuse Wade for being on and off with his jump shots and Bosh for his inconsistent efforts on the board. Thr bottomline is we cannot win today's NBA with Amare Stoudemire as your starting center, Whiteside should be inserted into the starting lineup right away.