PDA

View Full Version : 1st round East matchups

D.J.
02-21-2016, 12:43 AM
Obviously a lot can change, but I'm personally looking forward to watching, more so than the West. Out West, I highly doubt the Warriors-Spurs-Thunder will need more than 5 games to advance. In the East, I think even the 1/8 matchup can be fairly competitive. I don't necessarily see the Cavs steamrolling the Bulls-Hornets-Pacers. And with the surprisingly high seeded Celtics, the East in the 1st round I think can have 4 solid matchups. Anyone agree?

Im Still Ballin
02-21-2016, 12:46 AM
Definitely. West will only get good in the 2nd rounds and onwards

East 2nd-8th seed is honestly wide open and not much between them

Toronto had a hot streak, but they just got cleaned up by an undermanned Bulls squad

TheMarkMadsen
02-21-2016, 12:47 AM
No, superstars win playoff games and championships

all the superstars play in the west minus Lebron. Lebron plays on a really good team with a great supporting cast.

I don't see these any of these Eastern teams that are being led by a fringe all star to make a real difference.

Celtics might have a nice run until they meet the Cavs, but they have no shot in beating them. Miami will have a chance to beat some teams due to Wade and Bosh but I doubt Bosh is even back for the PO

zoom17
02-21-2016, 12:50 AM
For the first round yeah but after that I say the West.

Dresta
02-21-2016, 01:07 AM

all the superstars play in the west minus Lebron. Lebron plays on a really good team with a great supporting cast.

I don't see these any of these Eastern teams that are being led by a fringe all star to make a real difference.

Celtics might have a nice run until they meet the Cavs, but they have no shot in beating them. Miami will have a chance to beat some teams due to Wade and Bosh but I doubt Bosh is even back for the PO
And yet the 2014 Spurs steamrolled Miami on the way to a dominant title.

Mr. Jabbar
02-21-2016, 01:39 AM
i know what you mean op but trust me, that garbage conference will remain garbage on every round, like every year

All of their "decent" teams become the hot garbage we all know they are when playoffs hit

tpols
02-21-2016, 01:43 AM
i know what you mean op but trust me, that garbage conference will remain garbage on every round, like every year

All of their "decent" teams become the hot garbage we all know they are when playoffs hit

i think thats why op's sayin theyll be good series.. the top teams in the east are suspect af, while in the west they are juggernauts pretty much

Mr. Jabbar
02-21-2016, 01:51 AM
i think thats why op's sayin theyll be good series.. the top teams in the east are suspect af, while in the west they are juggernauts pretty much

yeah, its just that garbage vs garbage isnt nice to watch, even if it goes 7. id rather see two solid western teams go 4-1

JohnFreeman
02-21-2016, 01:58 AM
Cavs v Heat my goodness

Relinquish
02-21-2016, 02:00 AM

If the Wiz can make the postseason, they could be dangerous. Depends how Kieff ends up doing for us.

Wally450
02-21-2016, 02:19 AM
If the Celtics can stay in the 2-3 seed, they have a good chance of making the conference finals. They avoid Cleveland until then.

TheMarkMadsen
02-21-2016, 02:45 AM
And yet the 2014 Spurs steamrolled Miami on the way to a dominant title.

that makes what, 2 champions in NBA history not led by a superstar?

TheMarkMadsen
02-21-2016, 02:46 AM
If the Wiz can make the postseason, they could be dangerous. Depends how Kieff ends up doing for us.

maybe, Wall is great but I think his lack of a jumper will hurt him in the later rounds of the playoffs when the game really begins to slow down

Young X
02-21-2016, 02:50 AM
that makes what, 2 champions in NBA history not led by a superstar?What makes someone a superstar to you?

TheMarkMadsen
02-21-2016, 03:17 AM
What makes someone a superstar to you?

name me the teams that won the title which you think weren't led by a superstar?

are you gonna argue that these guys weren't superstars?

15 - Curry
14- team
13 - Lebron
12 - Lebron
11 - Dirk
10 - Kobe
09 - Kobe
08 - KG
07- Duncan
06- Wade/Shaq
05- Duncan
04- team
03- Duncan
02- Shaq/ Kobe
01 - Shaq/Kobe
00 - Shaq
99 - Duncan
98 - Jordan
97- Jordan
96- Jordan
95- Hakeem
94 - Hakeem
93- Jordan
92- Jordan
91 - Jordan
90 - Isiah
89 - Isiah
88- Magic
87- Magic
86 - Bird
85 - Magic
84 - Bird
83 - Moses/ Erving
82 - KAJ/Magic
81 - Bird
80 - Magic/KAJ

The modern era has been dominate by superstars, this league is won by superstars.

In the modern era only the 04 Pistons and 14 Spurs have won without a legit superstar, even then though, you had guys who were superstars on one side of the ball on extremely deep teams.

even going further, you've got the 79 Sonics where Gus Williams put up superstar stats in the playoffs, 78 Wizards that were led by HOFers. The 70s Knicks had superstars, Rick Barry was a superstar. Before the coke era of the NBA it was dominated by Russ and Wilt, 2 superstars.

Young X
02-21-2016, 03:31 AM
name me the teams that won the title which you think weren't led by a superstar?

15 - Curry
14- team
13 - Lebron
12 - Lebron
11 - Dirk
10 - Kobe
09 - Kobe
08 - KG
07- Duncan
06- Wade/Shaq
05- Duncan
04- team
03- Duncan
02- Shaq/ Kobe
01 - Shaq/Kobe
00 - Shaq
99 - Duncan
98 - Jordan
97- Jordan
96- Jordan
95- Hakeem
94 - Hakeem
93- Jordan
92- Jordan
91 - Jordan
90 - Isiah
89 - Isiah
88- Magic
87- Magic
86 - Bird
85 - Magic
84 - Bird
83 - Moses/ Erving
82 - KAJ/Magic
81 - Bird
80 - Magic/KAJ

The modern era has been dominate by superstars, this league is won by superstars.

In the modern era only the 04 Pistons and 14 Spurs have won without a legit superstar, even then though, you had guys who were superstars on one side of the ball on extremely deep teams.

even going further, you've got the 79 Sonics where Gus Williams put up superstar stats in the playoffs, 78 Wizards that were led by HOFers. The 70s Knicks had superstars, Rick Barry was a superstar. Before the coke era of the NBA it was dominated by Russ and Wilt, 2 superstars.Why do you have to make things so difficult. I agree with you, I just wanted to know what makes a player a superstar by your definition.

TheMarkMadsen
02-21-2016, 03:37 AM
Why do you have to make things so difficult. I agree with you, I just wanted to know what makes a player a superstar by your definition.

it's easier to list names then go into a subjective definition of what I think a superstar is

Young X
02-21-2016, 03:41 AM
its easier to list names then go into a subjective definition of what I think a superstar isName the superstars in the east and the ones in the west playing today.

Heavincent
02-21-2016, 03:42 AM
The East is seriously garbage. The only difference between this year and past years is that the bottom teams are a tad bit better (but still not good).

I'm sure as hell not watching the East playoffs. I would rather watch Bar Rescue reruns.

Heavincent
02-21-2016, 03:50 AM
Name the superstars in the east and the ones in the west playing today.

He's right. There's one superstar in the East. The rest of them play out West (Curry, Durant, and Westbrook). And the Spurs are one of those teams that are the exception to the superstar rule (although Kawhi is close to being a superstar). East doesn't have any teams like that.

TheMarkMadsen
02-21-2016, 03:51 AM
Name the superstars in the east and the ones in the west playing today.

that's very subjective, their are tiers. The names on that list all have one thing in common, ever since 1980 all of them are legitimate all time greats. For the most part that is who lead teams to titles.

Current batch of all time greats still playing at an extremely high level? IMO, Durant, Curry and Lebron.

Superstars in context of the current league? IMO their are many more. Players who are on playoff teams? Guys like WB & Kawhi and sometimes Kyrie, Wall can play at that level at times. Some more consistently than others.

TheMarkMadsen
02-21-2016, 03:55 AM
Curry has led/won a title

Lebron has led/won a title

KD/WB have led their team to the finals

Spurs are the Spurs and they have a legit top 5 player in the league

these are the only real championship threats

OKC is too much ISO ball to beat either GSW or the Spurs though IMO

TheMarkMadsen
02-21-2016, 03:59 AM
I forgot about Cp3, a superstar but that team has no chance imo

Young X
02-21-2016, 04:04 AM
But see this is what I'm saying, what makes a player an all-time great or a superstar? What's the barometer? What do you consider someone like Paul George or Kyle Lowry?

TheMarkMadsen
02-21-2016, 04:10 AM
Durant, Curry and Lebron have all had (Steph currently having) seasons that would stand up with some of the best of all time.

If you want to take that a step further, only Step and Lebron have led their teams to titles. They have proven that they can, so they are thought of as being more dangerous/capable than the leaders of other, less experienced, teams in the league. Their teams are the best in their conference

out of all of the other contenders outside of the Warriors and Cavs, both the Spurs and OKC have a core that has won a title or made the finals and both of those teams are arguably playing better than they ever have, which makes a legit title threat.

JebronLames
02-21-2016, 04:30 AM
East is a bloodbath this year

Sakkreth
02-21-2016, 10:52 AM

15 - Curry
14- team
13 - Lebron
12 - Lebron
11 - Dirk
10 - Kobe
09 - Kobe
08 - KG
07- Duncan
06- Wade/Shaq
05- Duncan
04- team
03- Duncan
02- Shaq/ Kobe
01 - Shaq/Kobe
00 - Shaq
99 - Duncan
98 - Jordan
97- Jordan
96- Jordan
95- Hakeem
94 - Hakeem
93- Jordan
92- Jordan
91 - Jordan
90 - Isiah
89 - Isiah
88- Magic
87- Magic
86 - Bird
85 - Magic
84 - Bird
83 - Moses/ Erving
82 - KAJ/Magic
81 - Bird
80 - Magic/KAJ

No way... u can't truly think, this can you ?

Wade's Rings
02-21-2016, 12:02 PM

15 - Curry
14- team
13 - Lebron
12 - Lebron
11 - Dirk
10 - Kobe
09 - Kobe
08 - KG
07- Duncan
06- Wade/Shaq
05- Duncan
04- team
03- Duncan
02- Shaq/ Kobe
01 - Shaq/Kobe
00 - Shaq
99 - Duncan
98 - Jordan
97- Jordan
96- Jordan
95- Hakeem
94 - Hakeem
93- Jordan
92- Jordan
91 - Jordan
90 - Isiah
89 - Isiah
88- Magic
87- Magic
86 - Bird
85 - Magic
84 - Bird
83 - Moses/ Erving
82 - KAJ/Magic
81 - Bird
80 - Magic/KAJ

even going further, you've got the 79 Sonics where Gus Williams put up superstar stats in the playoffs, 78 Wizards that were led by HOFers. The 70s Knicks had superstars, Rick Barry was a superstar. Before the coke era of the NBA it was dominated by Russ and Wilt, 2 superstars.

'06 Shaq is a superstar but '09 & '10 Gasol and '12 Wade weren't? :oldlol:

Legends66NBA7
02-21-2016, 01:53 PM
No way... u can't truly think, this can you ?

Was he not ?

I mean, MVP, All-NBA first team, shattering both the regular season and playoff records in 3's, etc... Guy was clearly a superstar.