PDA

View Full Version : Is it true Lamarcus Aldrige and Damian Lillard hated each other?

keep-itreal
02-21-2016, 12:07 PM
Is it true Lamarcus Aldrige was getting butthurt because Damian Lillard was replacing him as the franchise player?

To be fair, if it wasn't for Damian Lillard's game winner, Lamarcus Aldrige would've never advanced past the 1st round so it's not like he lead that Blazers team anywhere while he was in Portland

warriorfan
02-21-2016, 12:08 PM
they both wanted to be the alpha of the blazers

KNOW1EDGE
02-21-2016, 12:10 PM
It is not true that LaMarcus and Damian hated each other.

Mr. Jabbar
02-21-2016, 12:19 PM
I thought lilard was the next kobe but he shits his pants in the playoFfs bookmark it

pastis
02-21-2016, 12:28 PM
I thought lilard was the next kobe but he shits his pants in the playoFfs bookmark it

swap lilliard and curry. with lilliard, iggy, barnes, klay, green,bogut the warriors would not perform much worse than now.
but what about the blazers? i dont think that with curry the blazers wold win significantly more games

serious question here

warriorfan
02-21-2016, 12:33 PM
swap lilliard and curry. with lilliard, iggy, barnes, klay, green,bogut the warriors would not perform much worse than now.
but what about the blazers? i dont think that with curry the blazers wold win significantly more games

serious question here

While you are at it might want to ask if the 96 bulls would be as good with Mitch Richmond instead of MJ :lol

KnittingRyu
02-21-2016, 02:37 PM
I think Aldridge was jealous, but didn't dislike Lillard himself. If anything he was probably more upset with Lillard getting more marketing.

feyki
02-21-2016, 02:44 PM
Portland didn't win even a game w/out Aldridge last year . And Aldridge played w/injury against toughest team in the NBA . He struggled and he had zero help by his teammates ( includes Lilliard ) against Grizz .

I don't blame Aldridge .

SwishSquared
02-21-2016, 03:03 PM
LMA felt unappreciated by the fans in Portland. I think there was a report that said he requested for the Blazers to not plaster Lillard's face on marketing billboards (but keep it like general team logo stuff), but Adidas just did it anyway.

He felt like fans didn't give him enough credit for carrying the team during the post-Roy years or for playing through injury. If he got equal recognition, I don't think he would have soured on that situation as much.

Also if they did better in the playoffs it probably would have kept him around. Not much you can do when Batum was playing with a wrist injury all year and Matthews went down.

DMV2
02-21-2016, 03:53 PM
didn't know there was any turmoil between them. Aldridge never seem like a guy who wanted the spotlight, or wanted the franchise player role. If he had all of that in him, I didn't see it.

Can't be mad at Dame. He's made himself known since he was a rookie.

sd3035
02-21-2016, 04:04 PM
While you are at it might want to ask if the 96 bulls would be as good with Mitch Richmond instead of MJ :lol

Since the Bulls are only two games worse when MJ takes a season off, adding Mitch would probably make up those two games

Joshumitsu
02-21-2016, 05:17 PM
Not likely.

If Aldridge did dislike Lillard, it would be only because of silly antics like complaining on Instagram about not making the All-Star game or believing he was 'the one' just because he made that shot against Houston.

For someone like Aldridge, who worked hard but never complained much, it would rub him the wrong way but he wouldn't think much of it.

More likely, Aldridge, who is super sensitive, held deep grudges against Portland for not respecting him enough. That and the worry of never winning a ring drove him out of Portland.

SamuraiSWISH
02-21-2016, 05:28 PM
I sense strong Kobe / Marburyness to Aldridge's Shaq / KGness in that relationship.

bluechox2
02-21-2016, 06:12 PM
aldridge wanted to be alpha, but decided to be a beta behind parker, lenord, duncan and ginobli

shows his weak mind

Wally450
02-21-2016, 06:21 PM

When did Richmond drop 51 on Jordan?