PDA

View Full Version : If Kobe is MJ, and Lebron is Hakeem, then....

SwayDizzle
02-22-2016, 08:11 AM
who is Durant?

sportjames23
02-22-2016, 08:13 AM
Barkley?

SwayDizzle
02-22-2016, 08:23 AM
Barkley?
Was thinking the same. Is he destined to never win a ring?

buddha
02-22-2016, 08:25 AM
the last time Kobe won a championship Durant was 21 years old. Durant's only 27 he has plenty of time to win a ring.

sportjames23
02-22-2016, 08:25 AM
Was thinking the same. Is he destined to never win a ring?

Unless he signs with a team like GS or SA (maybe even CLE), it's quite possible.

Gileraracer
02-22-2016, 08:26 AM
Hakeem had great footwork. The one you compare him with not.

AintNoSunshine
02-22-2016, 08:36 AM
What are you talking about? If kobe is Jodan then Lebron is Jordan combined with Magic combined with Malone.

pauk
02-22-2016, 08:57 AM
Kobe is 96' Magic Johnson at this moment.

Lebron is late 90s MJ, still the best & most impactful overall/allround talent in the NBA, who is unfortunately not in his 90s Bulls team (which is equivalent to Warriors today) but plays for late 90s Cavs (literally that level of supporting cast or worse).

Curry is Mark Price with better handles in a no handchecking, no physicality era, which hence allows him to exploit his shooting/volume of FGs like never before, who is now playing for something equivalent to 96' Bulls (or any of the most stacked teams ever), won a championship against Cavs (Lebron/Jordan) recently, didnt have a single fmvp vote, Iguodala won it (Kukoc would be equivalent), not him, nor Pippen (Klay), nor Rodman (Draymond) won it.

Durant is Barkley, although not similar players its similar situation & prominency, a guy who is about 2nd best player, who snatches an MVP during Jordans/Lebrons years, who has a great team, 90s Suns were kindof equivalent to OKC today, even with his PG Kevin Johnson (Russell Westbrook) (http://i39.tinypic.com/2r4hp1i.gif).

Dr Hawk
02-22-2016, 09:16 AM

I think that is a HUGE insult to Magic. 96' Magic was good to very good offensively, better than Kobe defensively and a true team player

pauk
02-22-2016, 09:23 AM
I think that is a HUGE insult to Magic. 96' Magic was good to very good offensively, better than Kobe defensively and a true team player

Yea, well, i mean that more in the sense of guys who were legends in their final-retirement stage/season.

Magic was actually still damn good in 96' hehe... could have averaged more if he played PG, he played/started PF.

As far as Hakeem goes, cant find something equivalent to him today relative to my analogy above.... that guy was a beast tho, thats for sure... certainly as a talent on 90s Jordan or Barkley (at the very least) level... i think Hakeem is the greatest overall/allround individual talent ive ever seen from the Center position.

guy
02-22-2016, 10:21 AM
Lebron is late 90s MJ, still the best & most impactful overall/allround talent in the NBA, who is unfortunately not in his 90s Bulls team (which is equivalent to Warriors today) but plays for late 90s Cavs (literally that level of supporting cast or worse).

What a f*ckin moron :oldlol:

KnittingRyu
02-22-2016, 10:27 AM
This thread is an insult to MJ and Hakeem.

Dr Hawk
02-22-2016, 10:39 AM

This

SpaceJam
02-22-2016, 10:39 AM

Oh boy :facepalm

pauk
02-22-2016, 10:44 AM
What a f*ckin moron :oldlol:

Oh boy :facepalm

"What a ***in moron"-"Oh boy" = "I have no argument or contribution here, just came in here to show i dislike your comment"

SaltyMeatballs
02-22-2016, 10:49 AM
Yup, this.

SpaceJam
02-22-2016, 10:50 AM
"What a ***in moron"-"Oh boy" = "I have no argument or contribution here, just came in here to show i dislike your comment"

I'd literally have to drop my IQ by about 40 points to actually get on your level of mindset here

You ever heard the saying don't argue with an idiot, cause they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, here is a classic example

So what I'm gonna do with you here son, is just sit back, and hope you realize on your own how ignorant you were, you'll figure it out

pauk
02-22-2016, 10:51 AM
Definitely insult to MJ, but Hakeem.... a great honor to be compared to a guy who was better both in magnitude of accolades and as an individual talent...

pauk
02-22-2016, 10:56 AM
I'd literally have to drop my IQ by about 40 points to actually get on your level of mindset here

Lets go... please, go ahead... lets see who has better IQ in terms of basketball knowledge and objectivity, logic, impartiality of basketball... in any context...

You ever heard the saying don't argue with an idiot, cause they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, here is a classic example

You still have not made an argument or contribution in context to show how/why i am an idiot, you have not explained why you dislike my comment or anything at all.... you came in here just throwing insults... with that being said i hope you consider that very beautiful saying upon yourself...

So what I'm gonna do with me here son, is just sit back, and hope i realize on my own how ignorant i was, i'll figure it out

Fixed, please go ahead.

...and i still am not mad at you, i welcome a basketball discussion anyday from you, which has yet to happen considering your ignorant insults only.

KnittingRyu
02-22-2016, 10:58 AM
Definitely insult to MJ, but Hakeem.... a great honor to be compared to a guy who was better both in magnitude of accolades and as an individual talent...
Except Hakeem won is 2 rings with much less help.

Dr Hawk
02-22-2016, 11:00 AM

Give Lebron Hakeem's Rockets. He retires ringless

pastis
02-22-2016, 11:05 AM
Give Lebron Hakeem's Rockets. He retires ringless

1995?

riseagainst
02-22-2016, 12:22 PM

Curry is Mark Price with better handles in a no handchecking, no physicality era, which hence allows him to exploit his shooting/volume of FGs like never before, who is now playing for something equivalent to 96' Bulls (or any of the most stacked teams ever), won a championship against Cavs (Lebron/Jordan) recently, didnt have a single fmvp vote, Iguodala won it (Kukoc would be equivalent), not him, nor Pippen (Klay), nor Rodman (Draymond) won it.

Durant is Barkley, although not similar players its similar situation & prominency, a guy who is about 2nd best player, who snatches an MVP during Jordans/Lebrons years, who has a great team, 90s Suns were kindof equivalent to OKC today, even with his PG Kevin Johnson (Russell Westbrook) (http://i39.tinypic.com/2r4hp1i.gif).

:roll:

Chadwin
02-22-2016, 12:57 PM
No he isn't. Hakeem actually carried a team to a championship without all star or all nba help.

Dr Hawk
02-22-2016, 01:05 PM
1995?

Shaq, Penny and Grant would have destroyed 32yo Lebron

feyki
02-22-2016, 01:11 PM

I don't think so . There were Peak Horry and Drex . Drex was better than 12 or 13 Wade . And Horry was better than 12 or 13 Bosh . 95 Rox were a great team . People confused on seperate 94 And 95 Rox . 94 Rox were playing good system team with least talented championship( probably ) team in nba history . 95 Rox were totally different team .

stalkerforlife
02-22-2016, 01:16 PM
Durant will win a ring if he stays healthy.

He's too good not to.

Dr Hawk
02-22-2016, 01:41 PM
I don't think so . There were Peak Horry and Drex . Drex was better than 12 or 13 Wade . And Horry was better than 12 or 13 Bosh . 95 Rox were a great team . People confused on seperate 94 And 95 Rox . 94 Rox were playing good system team with least talented championship( probably ) team in nba history . 95 Rox were totally different team .

Fair point, but without Hakeem inside, O'Neal would have dominated even more.

Also, in 95 there wasn't the spacing there is nowadays and that would hurt Lebron.

feyki
02-22-2016, 01:51 PM
Fair point, but without Hakeem inside, O'Neal would have dominated even more.

Also, in 95 there wasn't the spacing there is nowadays and that would hurt Lebron.

Interesting point is that , Rox had amazing spacing for their era . But you're right on that , someone must work on Shaq . If that wouldn't , it's gonna be like 00 or 02 Finals . Horry had great defence but his defence was more help and on ball defence . He would struggle against Shaq . They would need defensive center .

KnittingRyu
02-22-2016, 02:24 PM
Shaq would have been a problem if LeBron didn't have a legit center, but the real problem would have been making it out of the West.

AirBonner
02-22-2016, 02:35 PM
Except Hakeem won is 2 rings with much less help.
In the weakest era ever

KnittingRyu
02-22-2016, 02:45 PM
In the weakest era ever
LeBron had the best supporting cast of his era when he won. Hakeem did not.

guy
02-22-2016, 07:23 PM

I think most posters are smart enough to understand that comparing Lebron's supporting cast to the late 90s Cavs is pretty stupid. :oldlol:

raprap
02-22-2016, 07:41 PM
Lebron>hakeem

houston
02-22-2016, 08:51 PM
No he isn't. Hakeem actually carried a team to a championship without all star or all nba help.

not true at all

thrope and drexler were all-star talents

AirBonner
02-22-2016, 09:03 PM
LeBron had the best supporting cast of his era when he won. Hakeem did not.
He had the best team. Stop trying to prop up his success more then what it is. Typical Hakeem stan.

CAstill
02-22-2016, 09:42 PM
First of all tired of these idiots who don't know anything about basketball. It's not an insult to compare Jordan and Kobe as they're both all time greats and play the same position, people are just haters. I'd agree that even though their play style is different, Durant is Barkley at the moment.