PDA

View Full Version : How often do Curry's 3 pointers get blocked?

TemporaMutantur
02-22-2016, 07:44 PM
Anyone have any statistics as to that?

It seems like such a seldom event considering his quick release.

If someone can dig deeper, I'm also curious as to who has blocked the most Curry 3-pointers?

JimmyMcAdocious
02-22-2016, 07:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O84FXLKfv9k

warriorfan
02-22-2016, 07:54 PM
even currys blocked shots go in

hold this L
02-22-2016, 09:05 PM
I think it's due to his weird training, it seems to focus heavily on his awareness, reflexes and quick release. He's now at a point where he always knows where the opposing 5 players are and has the confidence to put it in. I'm honestly surprised Klay hasn't started the same training a while back, though I suspect both improved noticeably more since they're in the same team.

Nick Young
02-22-2016, 09:24 PM
It's not training, it's innate talent and aptitude. Klay isn't doing it because he can't. Curry always had elite basketball IQ and an elite shot. His weaknesses were his shaky handles, which are now a big strength, and his glass ankles, which he found a way to fix.

His playmaking was not great but it has become great.

This elite BBall IQ combined with quickness and shooting and handles is what's making him unstoppable.

Other players are not like Curry because they can't be, no matter what they do. He is a basketball savant. He used to have weaknesses but he has pretty much eliminated them all. He is even a solid defender now. Note how I'm not saying he's a lockdown defender, but he's definitely solid and doesn't play the Matador style Nash D that he used to.

hold this L
02-22-2016, 09:35 PM
It's not training, it's innate talent and aptitude. Klay isn't doing it because he can't. Curry always had elite basketball IQ and an elite shot. His weaknesses were his shaky handles, which are now a big strength, and his glass ankles, which he found a way to fix.

This elite BBall IQ combined with quickness and shooting and handles is what's making him unstoppable.

Other players are not like Curry because they can't be, no matter what they do. He is a basketball savant. He used to have weaknesses but he has pretty much eliminated them all. He is even a solid defender now. Note how I'm not saying he's a lockdown defender, but he's definitely solid and doesn't play the Matador style Nash D that he used to.
I didn't say that's the only reason. :biggums: I agree with you, but the training has helped him considerably compared to 3-4 years ago in terms of awareness and reflexes. It's noticeable because he has the best awareness of any player in the league.

warriorfan
02-22-2016, 09:38 PM
klay needs to learn to dribble with both hands first

Nick Young
02-23-2016, 03:18 AM
I didn't say that's the only reason. :biggums: I agree with you, but the training has helped him considerably compared to 3-4 years ago in terms of awareness and reflexes. It's noticeable because he has the best awareness of any player in the league.
You can't learn court vision and awareness.

Funktion
02-23-2016, 03:21 AM
Klays seem to get blocked more often.

La Frescobaldi
02-23-2016, 10:32 AM

Interesting.

That sounds eerily similar to what people were saying Ca. 1987-90 about another guy who was destroying his league.

La Frescobaldi
02-23-2016, 10:33 AM
yes you can.
absolutely.

Gileraracer
02-23-2016, 10:52 AM
As often as Dirks fade aways

hold this L
02-23-2016, 10:55 AM
What are you talking about, of course you can. His awareness has clearly gotten a lot better over time.

LARRY BROWN
02-23-2016, 08:31 PM
scottie pippen would send curry shot in the blechers:coleman: