PDA

View Full Version : Kobe-Giannis FAM. Reserve your spot TODAY.

Milbuck
02-22-2016, 11:33 PM
cfgardner ‎@cf_gardner

Kobe on Giannis: "He's unbelievable. I don't think he understands how much talent he has."

11:03 PM - 21 Feb 2016

Giannis proceeds to drop 27 / 12 / 10 / 3 / 4 on 71% FG in Kobe's last game in Milwaukee :rockon:

Mamba knows talent when he sees it :applause:

http://oi63.tinypic.com/mwp34y.jpg

scuzzy
02-22-2016, 11:34 PM
solid defense from MAMBA tonight :lol

SpaceJam
02-22-2016, 11:35 PM
Kobe has unleashed the beast

outbreak
02-22-2016, 11:35 PM
GOAT Greek player already :bowdown:

Magic 32
02-22-2016, 11:36 PM
Great.

Giannis gets the split against a guy who can barely walk anymore.

What a future.

24-Inch_Chrome
02-22-2016, 11:37 PM
Will the Giannis fam be associated with the Jabari fam?

If so, I'm in.

r0drig0lac
:bowdown:

Milbuck
Great.

What a future.
He destroyed everyone on the Lakers. Stop getting so defensive as if it's a knock on Kobe, I'm not trying to clown Kobe here. If you seriously didn't see a sick talent tonight in Giannis I don't know what game you were watching.

Milbuck
Will the Giannis fam be associated with the Jabari fam?

If so, I'm in.
Most definitely.

Achilleas
02-22-2016, 11:38 PM
of course not
nick gallis

24-Inch_Chrome
Most definitely.
:applause:

In.

Fallen Angel
Bucks moving that much closer to the 11th place in the Eastern Conference :applause:

Only 8 more wins and they'd finally be .500 for the first time this season.

Magic 32
02-22-2016, 11:39 PM
He destroyed everyone on the Lakers. Stop getting so defensive as if it's a slight on Kobe, I'm not trying to clown Kobe here. If you seriously didn't see a sick talent tonight in Giannis I don't know what game you were watching.

I saw a guy playing against the worst defense team in the NBA.

I saw 5-6 run-outs.

I saw Giannis stay in for most of the 4th (up 25 points).

Sorry if that is hypercritical.

Prime_Shaq
02-22-2016, 11:39 PM
Most definitely.
I'm in.

outbreak
02-22-2016, 11:40 PM
http://oi66.tinypic.com/14n37mq.jpg

Has his face on currency at 21 years old :bowdown:

!@#$%Vectors!@#
02-22-2016, 11:41 PM
Count me in. Giannis Antelope is my 3rd best Players

:bowdown: :bowdown: Hes going to be a huge monster in a few years. Just a matter of if he is on a winning team.

Pushxx
02-22-2016, 11:43 PM
Bucks moving that much closer to the 11th place in the Eastern Conference :applause:

Only 8 more wins and they'd finally be .500 for the first time this season.

This post is pretty well done I must say.

Jameerthefear
02-22-2016, 11:44 PM
Great.

What a future.
he's better than literally every single player on the lakers. every single one of them

Magic 32
02-22-2016, 11:49 PM
he's better than literally every single player on the lakers. every single one of them

Is that suppose to be impressive?

catch24
02-22-2016, 11:55 PM
Great.

What a future.

I saw a guy playing against the worst defense team in the NBA.

I saw 5-6 run-outs.

I saw Giannis stay in for most of the 4th (up 25 points).

Sorry if that is hypercritical.

This guy isn't a Lakers fan. :oldlol: Probably not even a Kobe fan either.

Just shit posting/exaggerating for no other reason than to incite posters.

Giannis had a great game, and I fully agree with Kobe. If dude worked on his defensive fundamentals he'd be scary good on that end.

HurricaneKid
02-22-2016, 11:59 PM
Giannis proceeds to drop 27 / 12 / 10 / 3 / 4 on 71% FG in Kobe's last game in Milwaukee :rockon:

Mamba knows talent when he sees it :applause:

http://picasion.com/resize81/ae3cf828fcde7afef67cf911a1ed6df1.jpg

Damnit. I wanted to make the Giannis thread today.

Here is the list of 25/10/10/3/3 on >70% from the field in the history of the game:

Giannis.

That's the list. No MJ. No LBJ. No Westbrook. No one. Just Giannis.

SpaceJam
02-23-2016, 12:00 AM

Here is the list of 25/10/10/3/3 on >70% from the field in the history of the game:

Giannis.

:biggums:

Making history :bowdown:

Milbuck
02-23-2016, 12:06 AM

Giannis.

When that jumpshot comes around he's going to be an absolute monster. Sky is the limit.

His vision is just awesome, dude is a 6'11" athletic point forward, dude can make passes no one else on our team can make. Every single time we run the offense through him as the primary ballhandler/playmaker it looks super smooth. Only when we bring in the plodder Monroe and the heroballers do things fall apart.

Springsteen
02-23-2016, 12:09 AM
He's no Vaseline Spanlouislius though.

Magic 32
02-23-2016, 12:12 AM
This guy isn't a Lakers fan. :oldlol: Probably not even a Kobe fan either.

Just shit posting/exaggerating for no other reason than to incite posters.

Nothing to do with inciting.

Just facts. He stayed in for 10 minutes to get a trible double. That is just sad.

And quite ironic because Kobe did not play in the 4th when he had 22p/6a and blew out the Bucks.

And I have never trusted Kobe's compliments...

Not after his Rondo endorsement 2 years ago.

JohnFreeman
02-23-2016, 12:13 AM
Any mention of Kobe, Magic 32 runs in sweaty faced and hysterical

TheMarkMadsen
02-23-2016, 12:14 AM
And a new fam was born

:applause: :applause:

Magic 32
02-23-2016, 12:15 AM
Any mention of Kobe, Magic 32 runs in sweaty faced and hysterical

But not you.

And don't worry. If I get to 23,000 posts I will kill myself.

Milbuck
02-23-2016, 12:15 AM

Just facts. He stayed in for 10 minutes to get a trible double. That is just sad.

And quite ironic because Kobe did not play in the 4th when he had 22p/6a and blew out the Bucks.

Giannis had 24/9/8 through 3 quarters before any of his "stat padding". Go ahead and crawl back into your hole.

catch24
02-23-2016, 12:16 AM

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Buzz-Lightyear-Sad-Strange-Little-Man.gif

Magic 32
02-23-2016, 12:17 AM
Giannis had 24/9/8 through 3 quarters before any of his "stat padding". Go ahead and crawl back into your hole.

Oh wow.

2 more points and 3 more assists.

Still ironic.

I mean why stay in? Was he afraid that this would be his only chance?

JohnFreeman
02-23-2016, 12:17 AM
But not you.

And don't worry. If I get to 23,000 posts I will kill myself.
Why your life is that bad?

Magic 32
02-23-2016, 12:19 AM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Buzz-Lightyear-Sad-Strange-Little-Man.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9gOk51hoqI

TheMarkMadsen
02-23-2016, 12:19 AM
like any good family, we fight :cheers: :cheers:

Magic 32
02-23-2016, 12:20 AM
Why your life is that bad?

No.

But if I start posting 7500 post per year when it must be.

I will keep an eye on those numbers.

Funktion
02-23-2016, 12:22 AM
ISH baby boom.

Milbuck
02-23-2016, 12:24 AM
like any good family, we fight :cheers: :cheers:
It's literally just that one retard in every family though :oldlol: You know I'm a huge Kobe fan and I see zero reason why any Kobe fan should hate an up and coming player like Giannis who Kobe himself likes. Someone clearly just shat in Magic32's cereal this morning.

JohnFreeman
02-23-2016, 12:25 AM
It's literally just that one retard in every family though :oldlol: You know I'm a huge Kobe fan and I see zero reason why any Kobe fan should hate an up and coming player like Giannis who Kobe himself likes. Someone clearly just shat in Magic32's cereal this morning.
I come in this thread to show my support for Giannis, as you know I have been a fan for a while, and some guy is getting sweaty and red faced over Kobe

Magic 32
02-23-2016, 12:28 AM

It's amzing how I'm suppose to be just bowled over with this performance.

E'Twaun Moore had 24 points on 71% shooting agaisnt the Lakers less than 24 hours ago.

Why don't we talk about him a bit.

JohnFreeman
02-23-2016, 12:29 AM
You are shocked that Milbuck is talking about a player on HIS team he supports having a great performance?

Milbuck
02-23-2016, 12:30 AM
http://images.medicaldaily.com/sites/medicaldaily.com/files/styles/headline/public/2014/09/09/crying-babies-need-be-handled-mentally-healthy-mom.jpg
Come again?

Magic 32
02-23-2016, 12:31 AM
You are shocked that Milbuck is talking about a player on HIS team he supports having a great performance?

And as a Laker fan I'm here to give him a bit of perspective.

Any decent player can have a great or would-be great game against these Lakers. I see it almost every night.

Few of them stays in during garbage time though.

SpaceJam
02-23-2016, 12:43 AM
Giannis: I didn't know if Kobe Bryant knew me!

Smoke117
02-23-2016, 12:45 AM
He destroyed everyone on the Lakers. Stop getting so defensive as if it's a knock on Kobe, I'm not trying to clown Kobe here. If you seriously didn't see a sick talent tonight in Giannis I don't know what game you were watching.

...and everyone that plays significant mins at the forward positions are horrible defensively...

Done_And_Done
02-23-2016, 12:47 AM
With knowing him as I do, I would like to enroll Euroleague in this fam as I'm sure he'd relish this auspicious opportunity.

Milbuck
02-23-2016, 12:49 AM
...and everyone that plays significant mins at the forward positions are horrible defensively...
So are the Heat horrible defensively when Giannis dropped 28/4/6 on them a few weeks ago?

Smoke117
02-23-2016, 12:56 AM
So are the Heat horrible defensively when Giannis dropped 28/4/6 on them a few weeks ago?

Don't get all upset...I'm just stating a fact. I just don't see that high of a ceiling for him...the talent/skill doesn't match up to the freakish length. He's going to be end up being a slightly better Deng when he was in his prime.

Milbuck
02-23-2016, 12:57 AM
Don't get all upset...I'm just stating a fact. I just don't see that high of a ceiling for him...the talent/skill doesn't match up to the freakish length. He's going to be end up being a slightly better Deng when he was in his prime.
Cool story. Will bump when you're wrong like you are about literally everything else.

Smoke117
02-23-2016, 01:04 AM
Cool story. Will bump when you're wrong like you are about literally everything else.

...shrug...nobody bats .1000.

JohnFreeman
02-23-2016, 01:05 AM
Giannis and Jabari

wow

Milbuck
02-23-2016, 01:06 AM
Giannis and Jabari

wow
https://media1.giphy.com/media/QO2kTordJV1As/200.gif

JohnFreeman
02-23-2016, 01:07 AM
I can see Jabari, Giannis and Cousins teaming up to win chips

wow

SwishSquared
02-23-2016, 01:23 AM
Don't get all upset...I'm just stating a fact. I just don't see that high of a ceiling for him...the talent/skill doesn't match up to the freakish length. He's going to be end up being a slightly better Deng when he was in his prime.If he was hitting 3s like he did as a rookie then maybe it would be clearer to people how good he is now and he good he can be. The numbers he's put up at his age/experience level bode very well for the future. Giannis is the best piece that the Bucks have, though they internally apparently don't recognize this.

If he's not better than Deng when he hits his peak I'll be pretty shocked. But few people I've come across are as bullish on Giannis as me.

LongLiveTheKing
02-23-2016, 01:40 AM
So much hype behind Giannis. Every year you just hear about his potential. When is he going to be an All-Star?

SwishSquared
02-23-2016, 01:44 AM
So much hype behind Giannis. Every year you just hear about his potential. When is he going to be an All-Star?If his team isn't garbage and is actually in the playoff picture, I think he could get picked as a reserve next year.

This year both the FO and Kidd have done a poor job putting this team together and coaching it up.

Milbuck
02-23-2016, 01:48 AM
If his team isn't garbage and is actually in the playoff picture, I think he could get picked as a reserve next year.

This year both the FO and Kidd have done a poor job putting this team together and coaching it up.
Kidd isn't hopeless like I thought though lol. After tonight's game he finally acknowledged that the offense is best run through Giannis and attributed our improved play in recent games to Giannis at point forward. He's bringing Monroe and MCW off the bench now to let Giannis and Jabari run things more and it's been awesome to watch.

As for the AS stuff to the other poster...Giannis is the same age as Wiggins, Jabari, Randle, etc. He was drafted a year early. Instead of spending a year in college with the one and dones he came straight to the league like a HS player. Not to mention he was selling watches on the street to help his family growing up and didn't even start playing basketball until he was 14. Idk how anyone can knock him for not being an all-star this early. His development has been extremely rapid and his trajectory is as star-like as anyone from the 2013 or 2014 drafts.

SwishSquared
02-23-2016, 01:58 AM
Kidd isn't hopeless like I thought though lol. After tonight's game he finally acknowledged that the offense is best run through Giannis and attributed our improved play in recent games to Giannis at point forward. He's bringing Monroe and MCW off the bench now to let Giannis and Jabari run things more and it's been awesome to watch.

As for the AS stuff to the other poster...Giannis is the same age as Wiggins, Jabari, Randle, etc. He was drafted a year early. Instead of spending a year in college with the one and dones he came straight to the league like a HS player. Not to mention he was selling watches on the street to help his family growing up and didn't even start playing basketball until he was 14. Idk how anyone can knock him for not being an all-star this early. His development has been extremely rapid and his trajectory is as star-like as anyone from the 2013 or 2014 drafts.I didn't get to watch the game, but maybe Kidd finally turned a corner. I'm not exactly sold on him yet- he needs to do it for the rest of year before I re-believe in him lol. Has he tweaked the defense so it's harder to get open corner 3s now?

I'm surprised Monroe has taken to the bench role as well as he has. Nate Duncan mentioned this early this season or late last season, but post-up scoring big men who can't protect the rim are really only suited to being bench scorers going forward. It's good that Kidd has adjusted in that way.

Yeah I agree re: Giannis. In a 2013 redraft he goes #2 at worst imo. How you can knock the Bucks for drafting him or blame him for not being an All Star is beyond me. How many all stars hail from a team with a bottom ~7 overall record in a relatively weak conference to boot?

Hopefully your FO fixes the holes in the roster this summer and properly values Giannis. There are murmurs that he's the "least untouchable" of your core trio right now. I think that'd be a big mistake.

Smoke117
02-23-2016, 02:21 AM
If he was hitting 3s like he did as a rookie then maybe it would be clearer to people how good he is now and he good he can be. The numbers he's put up at his age/experience level bode very well for the future. Giannis is the best piece that the Bucks have, though they internally apparently don't recognize this.

If he's not better than Deng when he hits his peak I'll be pretty shocked. But few people I've come across are as bullish on Giannis as me.

I'm not trying to hate...but nothing I've seen of his game leads me to believe he's going to be a future notable star. He's one of the better finishers...but he's more length than he is athleticism...ie he's not especially quick or nimble...nor he is he a good ball handler...you couple that with the fact that his jump shot is pretty much garbage (at this point he'll never be more than above average...you either have it or you don't) and I just don't see why he is such an heralded young buck. (pun intended) The gigantic fall off defensively for the Bucks shows how he's little more than decent in that regard and not an impact player...and that was the aspect of his game that he has all tools to be dominant at.

SwishSquared
02-23-2016, 02:33 AM
I'm not trying to hate...but nothing I've seen of his game leads me to believe he's going to be a future notable star. He's one of the better finishers...but he's more length than he is athleticism...ie he's not especially quick or nimble...nor he is he a good ball handler...you couple that with the fact that his jump shot is pretty much garbage (at this point he'll never be more than above average...you either have it or you don't) and I just don't see why he is such an heralded young buck. (pun intended) The gigantic fall off defensively for the Bucks shows how he's little more than decent in that regard and not an impact player...and that was the aspect of his game that he has all tools to be dominant at.I don't mind people disagreeing man, and like I said, I've been really bullish on Giannis for nearly 3 years now.

I agree- he's got more length than flat out speed. The thing is he knows how to use his long stride to get into the paint and he keeps the ball high to finish over the top.

He actually shot 35% or so from downtown as a rookie, which is just below league average. I think he can get it back. His body underwent some changes and then he tried to change his mechanics, which threw him off. Kidd also forbid him from shooting jumpers, which was stupid imo and handicapped his development. He may never shoot that well again, but I think he can. Especially from the corners.

I'll disagree on his handle- he can dribble pretty well for somebody his size. He won't have a CP3-level tight handle, but he doesn't need it. He's got a good feel for creating for others and his height helps him see over the top of the D.

Also the Bucks' defensive drop off has a lot to do with the fact that their scheme has been found out and they replaced Dudley and Zaza with Jabari and Monroe in the rotation. Those other guys defended the PnR well and switched much more easily. Jabari is a poor defender and Monroe isn't a rim protector (not that Zaza is, but he's a smarter defender than Moose).

Milbuck
02-23-2016, 02:37 AM
I don't mind people disagreeing man, and like I said, I've been really bullish on Giannis for nearly 3 years now.

I agree- he's got more length than flat out speed. The thing is he knows how to use his long stride to get into the paint and he keeps the ball high to finish over the top.

He actually shot 35% or so from downtown as a rookie, which is just below league average. I think he can get it back. His body underwent some changes and then he tried to change his mechanics, which threw him off. Kidd also forbid him from shooting jumpers, which was stupid imo and handicapped his development. He may never shoot that well again, but I think he can. Especially from the corners.

I'll disagree on his handle- he can dribble pretty well for somebody his size. He won't have a CP3-level tight handle, but he doesn't need it. He's got a good feel for creating for others and his height helps him see over the top of the D.

Also the Bucks' defensive drop off has a lot to do with the fact that their scheme has been found out and they replaced Dudley and Zaza with Jabari and Monroe in the rotation. Those other guys defended the PnR well and switched much more easily. Jabari is a poor defender and Monroe isn't a rim protector (not that Zaza is, but he's a smarter defender than Moose).
Don't bother with Smoke. Dude hates me and has barely watched Giannis. The comments on his lack of quickness and ball handling sum that up pretty easily.

BTW here are tonight's highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0U5DmxivZg

JohnFreeman
02-23-2016, 02:38 AM
Don't bother with Smoke. Dude hates me and has barely watched Giannis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I_ehwRCpjE
god damn

Smoke117
02-23-2016, 02:42 AM
Don't bother with Smoke. Dude hates me and has barely watched Giannis. The comments on his lack of quickness and ball handling sum that up pretty easily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0U5DmxivZg

lol...trust me...you hate me a lot more than I could ever manage to hate you. My first response to your comment was more hating on the Lakers than it had to do with you chief...the fact that you think I would come into to this thread to hate on Giannis because of you is adorable and insulting at the same time. You are the one who is keeping some beef...I got bored of that shit before this season even started. Grow up. I've never been much of a person for keeping a grudge...you are the one who sustains this nonsense.

SugarHill
02-23-2016, 03:03 AM
His lil bro is going to be the true superstar

Nick Young
02-23-2016, 03:16 AM
Giannis needs to come to LAL ASAP. One of my favorite talents in the league. Good to know that me and the Based lord Gawdbe are on the same page about this.

Relinquish
02-23-2016, 03:42 AM
So much hype behind Giannis. Every year you just hear about his potential. When is he going to be an All-Star?

He's 21...

Next season probably. He's averaging 16/7/3 with a block and a steal at age 21.

AirBonner
02-23-2016, 03:59 AM
I see him being a solid role player. No perennial allstar. Pretty much what he is now is what he will be.

Nick Young
02-23-2016, 04:20 AM
He's 21...

Next season probably. He's averaging 16/7/3 with a block and a steal at age 21.
He is going to be like Kawhi Leonard mixed with Kevin Durant and the athleticism and size of JeVale McGee. Not even Curry can defeat that.

Nick Young
02-23-2016, 04:22 AM
Spanoulis their second best player could not even shoot over 30% vs 3rd stringers, Giannis shooting 71% vs the GOAT.

Milbuck
02-23-2016, 04:25 AM
Giannis needs to come to LAL ASAP. One of my favorite talents in the league. Good to know that me and the Based lord Gawdbe are on the same page about this.
One of the most awesome things I've heard all season... Apparently Kobe had a long talk with Giannis in the locker room after the game about what he needs to do to be great. One of them was the jump shot, said it's the one thing still holding him back from that next level and he needs to shoot 1000 jumpers a day in the summer. Giannis said he'd do 1500.

Nick Young
02-23-2016, 04:32 AM
One of the most awesome things I've heard all season... Apparently Kobe had a long talk with Giannis in the locker room after the game about what he needs to do to be great. One of them was the jump shot, said it's the one thing still holding him back from that next level and he needs to shoot 1000 jumpers a day in the summer. Giannis said he'd do 1500.
Mamba's jedi mind tricks:bowdown:
His mere blessing is enough to inspire players to up their work ethic and dedicate their entire lives to achieving basketball perfection.

warriorfan
02-23-2016, 04:34 AM
I see him being a solid role player. No perennial allstar. Pretty much what he is now is what he will be.

:biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

Ray22
02-23-2016, 12:13 PM

As for the AS stuff to the other poster...Giannis is the same age as Wiggins, Jabari, Randle, etc. He was drafted a year early. Instead of spending a year in college with the one and dones he came straight to the league like a HS player. Not to mention he was selling watches on the street to help his family growing up and didn't even start playing basketball until he was 14. Idk how anyone can knock him for not being an all-star this early. His development has been extremely rapid and his trajectory is as star-like as anyone from the 2013 or 2014 drafts.

This.

Giannis started basketball quite late. He hadn

Ray22
02-23-2016, 12:17 PM
Mamba with the

KnittingRyu
02-23-2016, 12:23 PM
Giannis hype was fading. Leave it to Kobe to prop him back up :applause:

ImKobe
02-23-2016, 12:24 PM
Always thought Giannis had superstar talent but it seems like he rarely takes shots at a high volume and generally has just played like a role player in terms of how much he handles the ball and takes it to the rack but this year he's finally getting there.

Jabari is ok but dude needs a jump shot, it makes it easier for defenses to play against him in a lot of cases to limit his production. He's going to pass it up at the 3pt line. You only have to worry about him inside the paint or in the post. He can shoot the mid-range J a little bit but he's shooting 34% on jump shots for the yr at a very low volume... half of his total attempts come at the rim, he's terrible outside 3 ft statistically.