PDA

View Full Version : The NBA is overdue for that next generational talent.

ClipperRevival
02-23-2016, 12:09 AM
We had Shaq in 1993 and LeBron in 2004 and in between that time, a lot of great prospects but not quite on the level of those two. It's about time for the next. These guys come around every decade or so. It will be hilarious how many teams literally tank the season this guy comes out. Even Pop might tank.

http://ballislife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/shaq-cover.jpg

http://cavsnation.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/1-Feb-2002.jpg

Fallen Angel
02-23-2016, 12:14 AM
Stephen Curry?
Anthony Davis?
Demarcus Cousins?

Not every young player gets to play with an All-NBA PG like Penny Hardaway early in their careers or play in an All-Time weak conference like Lebron James did.

TommyGriffin
02-23-2016, 12:17 AM
Stephen Curry is that type of player.

keep-itreal
02-23-2016, 12:17 AM
Stephen Curry?
Anthony Davis?
Demarcus Cousins?

Steph Curry is not athletic. That's actually what the next generational talent is about.

Anthony Davis? LOL

Demarcus Cousins? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Mr. Jabbar
02-23-2016, 12:18 AM
Jordan --> Kobe --> Curry

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

ClipperRevival
02-23-2016, 12:19 AM
Stephen Curry?
Anthony Davis?
Demarcus Cousins?

Not every young player gets to play with an All-NBA PG like Penny Hardaway early in their careers or play in an All-Time weak conference like Lebron James did.

I am talking about guys who are literally can't miss talents coming out of college, not the ones who became a transcendent talent once they got to the NBA.

catch24
02-23-2016, 12:19 AM
Steph Curry is of that mold. At least he is during this regular-season.

His offensive impact, statistically, is up there with any player in history.

MellowYellow
02-23-2016, 12:22 AM
Shaq
Kidd
Kobe
AI
Duncan
KG
Dirk
Pierce
Nash
Vince
T-mac
Lebron
Melo
Wade
Cp3
Durant
Westbrook
Curry
Davis

Possibily: KP6/ Towns/ Booker / Turner

Milbuck
02-23-2016, 12:22 AM
Steph Curry is not athletic. That's actually what the next generational talent is about.

Anthony Davis? LOL

By what definition? Steph's hand eye coordination, shooting touch, footwork, all of that is talent. His feel for the basketball is absolutely generational to me.

Generational talent doesn't have to refer to athleticism or size like we're talking about mythical creatures or some shit.

outbreak
02-23-2016, 12:23 AM
why is the next generational talent about athleticism? Curry is one of the greatest shooters of all time, of course he is a generational talent. **** ISH is stupid sometimes

tmacattack33
02-23-2016, 12:24 AM
Maybe OP didn't mention Curry because he's already 28 (or will be 28 in 3 weeks).

Lebron and Shaq were dominating at age 20. They had a whole era.

Curry will probably have a short little span from 2015-2018 where he dominates.

Fallen Angel
02-23-2016, 12:26 AM
I am talking about guys who are literally can't miss talents coming out of college, not the ones who became a transcendent talent once they got to the NBA.
Kevin Durant?
Anthony Davis?
Derrick Rose? ROY in his first season, All-Star in his second season, MVP in his third season

Derrick Rose has been ruined with his injury bugs, but Durant and Davis are still on the path to being All-Time Greats.

bdreason
02-23-2016, 12:34 AM
Durant and Davis definitely fit the mold.

ClipperRevival
02-23-2016, 12:36 AM
Kevin Durant?
Anthony Davis?
Derrick Rose? ROY in his first season, All-Star in his second season, MVP in his third season

Derrick Rose has been ruined with his injury bugs, but Durant and Davis are still on the path to being All-Time Greats.

Like I said in my OP, there have been a lot of other great prospects but none that quite reached the hype, hoopla and excitement of those two coming into the draft. Their off the charts athleticism for their size is what separated them. They were simply freaks.

BlazerRed
02-23-2016, 01:05 AM
Durant fits the mold but he needs to start winning rings fast.

Kobe_6/8
02-23-2016, 01:07 AM
I agree. Shaq & LeBron had the athleticism at 18 to play with full-grown NBA players and dominate them. They also had A+ basketball IQ and were natural leaders. These are the kind of players who can dominate both ends and 'take over' a game at will. When we see the next one, we'll know it.

http://www.hiphopstan.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Lebron-James-Stare.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/d9Wez98.jpg

NuggetsFan
02-23-2016, 01:31 AM
Does anybody see any HS prospects that fit the mold? '17 draft seems to be getting some hype.

Not sure about Durant. He's had talented rosters and hasn't won yet. Already 27. Amazing All-Time talent but I think he's fell short of generational dominance. Below Shaq/LeBron. Almost like a better T-Mac due to health/playoff success. Curry's almost 28 and is having his first All-Time great season, don't think his MVP season was on that level. I think Curry's shooting/efficiency is probably the closest thing right now to an answer.

Anthony Davis is only 22. Guess he has a shot. Seems more likely he'll wind up similar to a KG if he peaks rather than a guy who has a legitimate shot at knocking somebody out of the top 10. Guess KG had that potential if he landed somewhere besides Minny so Davis could have a shot as well.

Lebron23
02-23-2016, 01:32 AM
Some guys who were born in the year 2000-2004.

Marchesk
02-23-2016, 01:35 AM
Not sure about Durant. He's had talented rosters and hasn't won yet. Already 27. Amazing All-Time talent but I think he's fell short of generational dominance. Below Shaq/LeBron.

At What ages did Shaq and Lebron win? Not everyone gets drafted by the Lakers.

NuggetsFan
02-23-2016, 01:44 AM
At What ages did Shaq and Lebron win? Not everyone gets drafted by the Lakers.

True. Durant has had his chances and certainly has had the talent. He's ran into some great teams and he and Westbrook aren't exactly a match made in heaven. Still lots of time to win rings I just don't see it happening. Atleast not alot.

I stand by what I said tho. Durant to me hasn't had that LeBron/Shaq level dominance and he's already 27. Tier under that kinda player.

Lebron23
02-23-2016, 01:48 AM
http://dsz7vodgjx60a.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/bil-lebron-son.jpg

http://sports-rings.com/newsletter_images/lbj14d.jpg

http://49.media.tumblr.com/b922029bf2b609cccad72420aad91f2f/tumblr_nh0hlit45u1rvn2ylo3_400.gif

http://i.imgur.com/kdpXPUa.gif

http://45.media.tumblr.com/0b8378bdb6bf91d3629cd17bddd2a9ba/tumblr_nh0hlit45u1rvn2ylo1_400.gif

Fallen Angel
02-23-2016, 01:50 AM
Thank God LBJ Jr. takes after his mother's looks

Done_And_Done
02-23-2016, 02:00 AM
He's like a splitting image of his dad dude

Hopper15
02-23-2016, 02:15 AM
Maybe OP didn't mention Curry because he's already 28 (or will be 28 in 3 weeks).

Lebron and Shaq were dominating at age 20. They had a whole era.

Curry will probably have a short little span from 2015-2018 where he dominates.

Curry will age better than Lebron or Shaq. He doesn't rely on athleticism or brute strength. His game is fundamentally sound like John Stockton with the added bonus as a much better shooter.

bdreason
02-23-2016, 03:24 AM
By your definition, MJ wasn't a generational talent either. Multiple years in College. Not even the #1 pick. And 6'6" athletic guards in the NBA are a dime a dozen.

WayOfWade
02-23-2016, 03:30 AM
I think he's probably referring to someone who comes into the league already dominant (ala Shaq, LeBron, Jordan) who went on to become transcendent talents who won multiple rings. Curry would be that, but it took him about 3-4 years to really take off. Just my 2 cents

Lebron23
02-23-2016, 08:34 AM
I really hate the one and done rule. If you are good enough to play in the NBA, you're good enough to apply for the NBA draft. And besides we have an NBA D-league, or playing in China or Europe if you aren't physically ready for the big league. You have 17 and 18 years old who are playing in the NHL right now.

SexSymbol
02-23-2016, 08:41 AM
Kobe, Iverson, Curry, Westbrook, Durant, Wade, Duncan, Carter, T-Mac, KG, Dirk
Seperating those two guys in the OP from these as some kind of different generational talents is stupid

theaussieguy
02-23-2016, 09:46 AM
By what definition? Steph's hand eye coordination, shooting touch, footwork, all of that is talent. His feel for the basketball is absolutely generational to me.

Generational talent doesn't have to refer to athleticism or size like we're talking about mythical creatures or some shit.

this. its simply more important than being a once in a generation athlete with good size IMO. That is what Lebron had, it wasn't because he was insanely skilled or good at shooting, he just had the physical tools to be an innate threat in the game of basketball despite whatever skills he might have had.

Its not surprising that the GOAT had both the insane skills and physical attributes (MJ).

Lebron23
02-23-2016, 09:50 AM
this. its simply more important than being a once in a generation athlete with good size IMO. That is what Lebron had, it wasn't because he was insanely skilled or good at shooting, he just had the physical tools to be an innate threat in the game of basketball despite whatever skills he might have had.

Its not surprising that the GOAT had both the insane skills and physical attributes (MJ).

You are an idiot if you think LeBron isn't a very skilled player. Dude was a 29/8/9 player during his prime, And before this season he was even a better career 3 points shooter than Kobe.

Gerald Green, and Josh Smith are the same athletes as LeBron, but they never became a 4x NBA MVP, and 2x Finals MVP.

Shaq is also a very skilled player. At the age of 30 he's a much better player than Current Dwight Howard.

KobesFinger
02-23-2016, 09:52 AM
Wasn't it supposed to be Wiggins? I remember him being called the next LeBron and being giving tons of hype

Lebron23
02-23-2016, 09:56 AM
Wasn't it supposed to be Wiggins? I remember him being called the next LeBron and being giving tons of hype

He's looking more like Rudy Gay in his sophomore season. LeBron in his 2nd NBA Season was averaging 27/8/7 Karl Towns might be the next Great Big Man in the NBA.

I'll judge Ben Simmons and Brandon Ingram if they play 2 full seasons in the NBA.

plowking
02-23-2016, 10:11 AM

Durant is awesome, but I get what OP is saying. That guy with the hype behind him, uber athlete, and comes in dominating.

Wiggins had it coming in, but lost a bit of steam. Next season if he takes his game to the next level, he could regain it, because the hype he had was ridiculous.

Ben Simmons possibly? Prior to Wiggins, I can't remember a college player getting that much hype outside of Oden.

ralph_i_el
02-23-2016, 10:15 AM
KAT?

Averaging 20/12 per-36 on ~60% TS

Fantastic footwork, size, athleticism, and shooting

KobesFinger
02-23-2016, 10:18 AM
Wasn't Embiid supposed to be the next Olajuwon before the injuries?

Dragonyeuw
02-23-2016, 10:26 AM
Shaq is also a very skilled player. At the age of 30 he's a much better player than Current Dwight Howard.

I would take rookie Shaq over Dwight at his peak, to be honest. Shaq didn't get to current Dwight level till he was with Phoenix, and even then I'd probably still take that version of Shaq over Dwight of the past few seasons.

JohnnySic
02-23-2016, 10:27 AM
Maybe Simmons?

Lebron23
02-23-2016, 10:28 AM
I would take rookie Shaq over Dwight at his peak, to be honest. Shaq didn't get to current Dwight level till he was with Phoenix, and even then I'd probably still take that version of Shaq over Dwight of the past few seasons.

At aged of 30 Shaq was a 27/11 player. It sucks that Dwight is a shell of his former shell.

Back injuries, and Harden Ball ruined his NBA Career.

sd3035
02-23-2016, 10:36 AM
obviously Curry is now, but it was earned, not given

Orlando Magic
02-23-2016, 10:57 AM
Well Shaq and LeBron are probably the two most hyped players EVER coming into the league so I'd say is safe to say that the next guy isn't here yet...

In the information age, it won't be an overnight thing. You will see him coming in high school.

I'll catch unholy amounts of hell for this but Shaq and LeBron might be the two most naturally talented players ever so we may not live to see that next guy. .. doesn't mean they are the two best players ever but in terms of natural ability... it can easily be argued that they're the top 2.

FireDavidKahn
02-23-2016, 11:09 AM
KAT IS THAT TYPE OF PLAYER

keep-itreal
02-23-2016, 11:27 AM

actually that's exactly what it's about. Shaq and Lebron fit that description

Kawhi
02-23-2016, 11:42 AM
Wasn't Embiid supposed to be the next Olajuwon before the injuries?
This is true. The hype Embiid was getting after his pre-draft workouts were astonishing. As if the next great center had arrived.

90sgoat
02-23-2016, 11:44 AM
KAT IS THAT TYPE OF PLAYER

Could be, could not be, hard to project these young players, he does look very, very good.

AD is the next generational talent though and fits the bill, very hyped from high school, godly athletic ability and was even on the olympic team as a rook.

AD for sure is THE generational talent of the 10s, you guys miss it because he is playing with loser chucking guards. You get this guy on the Spurs with Kawhi and they win 5+ in the next 10 years.

The guy almost had a 60/20 at 22. Last guy to do that at 22? Wilt Chamberlain.

Last guy to do it since 1983/84 (BBallref reb stat begin there)? Shaq and ONLY Shaq.

There's no doubt and only because so many people are dumbasses do you not see it. AD is for sure the next big thing, once he leaves that crap team and his crap chucking teammates he will win, win, win.

Btw Simmons is going to bust with his completely broken jumper. Just a better Julius Randle. Even Lebron had a better jumper, we're talking MKG level bad jumper. No truly talented basketball player has such poor form.

brain drain
02-23-2016, 11:53 AM
This is true. The hype Embiid was getting after his pre-draft workouts were astonishing. As if the next great center had arrived.

And he was the God of Twitter on top of that.

Too bad neither his basketball nor his Twitter potential will ever be realized.

miggyme1
02-23-2016, 11:55 AM
We had Shaq in 1993 and LeBron in 2004 and in between that time, a lot of great prospects but not quite on the level of those two. It's about time for the next. These guys come around every decade or so. It will be hilarious how many teams literally tank the season this guy comes out. Even Pop might tank.

http://ballislife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/shaq-cover.jpg

http://cavsnation.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/1-Feb-2002.jpg

your sure it was shaq???? I thought it was grant hill..shaq was kinda looked at like a Dwight.....high ceiling...but sort of a project.....wasn't offensively polished out of high school nor the two years he spent at lsu. I don't remember shaq being praised like ewing and hakeem...people were just in awe of his size

Dragonyeuw
02-23-2016, 12:21 PM
At aged of 30 Shaq was a 27/11 player. It sucks that Dwight is a shell of his former shell.

B.

Right, but what I'm saying is even Dwight at his peak didn't physically impact the game like a rookie Shaq did. Peak to peak is not even a contest- Shaq is a few tiers above Dwight at his best.

Chadwin
02-23-2016, 12:55 PM
you missed Duncan in there

can't miss, NBA-ready, came in and dominated

ImKobe
02-23-2016, 01:07 PM
KD got next

PP34Deuce
02-23-2016, 01:24 PM
When I think generational talent, I think of a player that comes around every 20-30 years that defies a position. They force you to change the rules and they impact the game beyond numbers.

Shaq is the reason for a lot of rule changes. Had to get stronger rims because he constantly would break them. Never seen a legit 7' 325 pound man move like an uber athletic PF. He occasionally would lead and run the break. We will never see someone built like Shaq play in our life time.

Lebron James had a ridiculous hype and for the most part lived that hype. One of the few players that's a freak athlete with an off the chart basketball IQ. No one is like Lebron. Can pass the ball close to Magic Level, but is much more athletic than he and guys like Grant Hill and Pippen. He's also a more dominant scorer than those guys but would rather pass. Can do whatever he wants on the court.

Tim Duncan I'd put there but he started later so he didn't receive that buzz. NBA players were going to Lebron James high school games when he was 15. That's how much impact he had. Shaq had people coming to see him play.

Kobe Bryant would be included as well. I've heard at 16 he was going against NBA players one on one and holding his own. reportedly beat Jerry Stackhouse one on one at 17.

PP34Deuce
02-23-2016, 01:25 PM
you missed Duncan in there

can't miss, NBA-ready, came in and dominated

KD wins a ring and he will skyrocket in the ATG charts. We've never seen a guy who literally is a mix of Tracy Mcgrady and Dirk. He's amazing.

Sarcastic
02-23-2016, 01:45 PM
Will be Porzingis. He's Dirk with the defense, blocking, and rebounding you'd expect from a 7 footer. Will change the game.

dunksby
02-23-2016, 01:47 PM
why is the next generational talent about athleticism? Curry is one of the greatest shooters of all time, of course he is a generational talent. **** ISH is stupid sometimes
:coleman:

red1
02-23-2016, 01:50 PM
Durant and davis might be on that level. People forget how young KD is. He turned 27 in september and I doubt that anyone would be surprised if he won multiple championships. Same with davis but even moreso.

90sgoat
02-23-2016, 01:51 PM
When I think generational talent, I think of a player that comes around every 20-30 years that defies a position. They force you to change the rules and they impact the game beyond numbers.

Shaq is the reason for a lot of rule changes. Had to get stronger rims because he constantly would break them. Never seen a legit 7' 325 pound man move like an uber athletic PF. He occasionally would lead and run the break. We will never see someone built like Shaq play in our life time.

Lebron James had a ridiculous hype and for the most part lived that hype. One of the few players that's a freak athlete with an off the chart basketball IQ. No one is like Lebron. Can pass the ball close to Magic Level, but is much more athletic than he and guys like Grant Hill and Pippen. He's also a more dominant scorer than those guys but would rather pass. Can do whatever he wants on the court.

Tim Duncan I'd put there but he started later so he didn't receive that buzz. NBA players were going to Lebron James high school games when he was 15. That's how much impact he had. Shaq had people coming to see him play.

Kobe Bryant would be included as well. I've heard at 16 he was going against NBA players one on one and holding his own. reportedly beat Jerry Stackhouse one on one at 17.

Lebron is a generational talent, but don't overdo it, he is nowhere close to as good a passer as Magic or Bird.

Tim Duncan had a lot of hype, not social media level hype because it didn't exist, but everyone knew this guy would dominate, it was the Tim Duncan sweepstakes and that's the reason the Spurs decided to tank. They wouldn't have done so if it wasn't clear that Duncan was an all time great.

red1
02-23-2016, 01:54 PM
Lebron is a generational talent, but don't overdo it, he is nowhere close to as good a passer as Magic or Bird.

Tim Duncan had a lot of hype, not social media level hype because it didn't exist, but everyone knew this guy would dominate, it was the Tim Duncan sweepstakes and that's the reason the Spurs decided to tank. They wouldn't have done so if it wasn't clear that Duncan was an all time great.
And just how good were they? You tell me.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/LiMWZiMyQKw/hqdefault.jpg

Cali Syndicate
02-23-2016, 02:58 PM

17 year old Dirk lit up prime pippen for like 40.

KnittingRyu
02-23-2016, 03:22 PM
How was Duncan bypassed in the OP?

hateraid
02-23-2016, 03:36 PM
I think people are missing the generational type player concept. It's not in hindsight. It's a player who was scouted long before the league and was considered a can't miss prospect, carries a skillset unlike those before him in the position and then lives up to the hype.
Shaq and Lebron were those players. Guys like Stephen Curry exceeded expectations by working hard once they got into the league. But you can't tell me Curry was a shoe in star being recruited in his junior year in high school like Shaq and Lebron?

Fire Colangelo
02-23-2016, 04:24 PM
Duncan was a can't miss prospect back then as well. A lot of players were actually.... Ewing was one of them as well.

Andrew Wiggins was hyped as hell .... So idk if he counts lol

ralph_i_el
02-23-2016, 04:50 PM

:bowdown: LeBron is on that level

Spurs didn't tank for Duncan. DRob missed 59 games and del Negro and Vinny Johnson both fell off. They lucked out. Tanks are intentional.

ClipperRevival
02-23-2016, 07:16 PM
I think people are missing the generational type player concept. It's not in hindsight. It's a player who was scouted long before the league and was considered a can't miss prospect, carries a skillset unlike those before him in the position and then lives up to the hype.
Shaq and Lebron were those players. Guys like Stephen Curry exceeded expectations by working hard once they got into the league. But you can't tell me Curry was a shoe in star being recruited in his junior year in high school like Shaq and Lebron?

Thank you.

ClipperRevival
02-23-2016, 07:18 PM
your sure it was shaq???? I thought it was grant hill..shaq was kinda looked at like a Dwight.....high ceiling...but sort of a project.....wasn't offensively polished out of high school nor the two years he spent at lsu. I don't remember shaq being praised like ewing and hakeem...people were just in awe of his size

Hell yeah, Shaq was immensely hyped. The guy was can't miss and was viewed as a freak of nature. Being that big and being able to move like he did?

ClipperRevival
02-23-2016, 07:23 PM
Duncan was a can't miss prospect back then as well. A lot of players were actually.... Ewing was one of them as well.

Andrew Wiggins was hyped as hell .... So idk if he counts lol

And that's why you have to differentiate between a once in a generation type prospect (Shaq/Lebron) and great prospects who were most likely expected to be stars (Duncan, Davis, Durant, etc). There is a difference in the amount of hype, hoopla and expectations.

hateraid
02-23-2016, 08:08 PM
Thank you.

Well I don't normally agree with you and you're usually a prick defending Jordan, but in this instance I fully agree with your OP.

HenryGarfunkle
02-23-2016, 08:57 PM
True. Durant has had his chances and certainly has had the talent. He's ran into some great teams and he and Westbrook aren't exactly a match made in heaven. Still lots of time to win rings I just don't see it happening. Atleast not alot.

I stand by what I said tho. Durant to me hasn't had that LeBron/Shaq level dominance and he's already 27. Tier under that kinda player.
He's never had a legit chance... stfu. Unless you count when he was 22 and dropped 31ppg on 55% against the 2012 Heat

:rolleyes:

People need to realize how poorly constructed the Thunder have ALWAYS been... and the fact that two great players doesn't = great chance at rings

You're a simpleton.

Spurs m8
02-23-2016, 10:03 PM

Anthony Davis? LOL

I mean, we already knew it, but confirmed no brain

ClipperRevival
02-24-2016, 01:24 AM
Well I don't normally agree with you and you're usually a prick defending Jordan, but in this instance I fully agree with your OP.

I only speak the truth about MJ. This bothers some people because it is backed by evidence.

theaussieguy
02-24-2016, 02:15 AM
You are an idiot if you think LeBron isn't a very skilled player. Dude was a 29/8/9 player during his prime, And before this season he was even a better career 3 points shooter than Kobe.

Gerald Green, and Josh Smith are the same athletes as LeBron, but they never became a 4x NBA MVP, and 2x Finals MVP.

he is very skilled (like every NBA player), but he is not insanely skilled (like I said in my original post numb nuts) which is evident by his pedestrian footwork and more recently horrendous shot.

Prime_Shaq
02-24-2016, 02:19 AM
he is very skilled (like every NBA player), but he is not insanely skilled (like I said in my original post numb nuts) which is evident by his pedestrian footwork and more recently horrendous shot.
He has his specific skillset, its his fundamentals that are horrible.

Smoke117
02-24-2016, 02:24 AM
Stephen Curry?
Anthony Davis?
Demarcus Cousins?

https://godofall.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/wade-laugh.gif

If this was 1996 instead of 2006...Demarcus Cousins wouldnt even be a top 5 center in the league...but he's a generational talent?

ClipperRevival
02-24-2016, 02:25 AM
The NBA is really due for that next eye popping prospect that will have almost the entire league tanking the season he comes out. It's been 13 years since Bron came out. These guys come out once every 10-15 years.

Kobe_6/8
02-24-2016, 03:29 AM
I think the NBA should remove the "1 and done" rule.

The next generational talent will have to go to college for a year...where they will be broken down into a 'team player' and become a NCAA basketball player, changing their NBA potential.

In his rookie season, LeBron was :bowdown:
- #5 in 2-point field goals
- #13 in assists
- #14 in steals
- #8 in points
- #9 minutes played

all as a teenage rookie who just graduated high school that summer. on a bad team. :biggums:

Imagine if LeBron had to go to college under the "1 and done" rule? His talent would have been wasted. :coleman:

Sportal
02-24-2016, 03:48 AM
We perhaps might

Orlando Magic
02-24-2016, 10:37 AM
Shaq was so hyped that every team at the lottery had an "O'neal" jersey ready to go for their respective teams on lottery night.

Orlando Magic
02-24-2016, 10:41 AM
http://m.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2013/02/11/Champions/~/media/F3C8B8827BE745039688350F7C0CC368.ashx

Aka 0% interest in trading the pick. I'm telling you, every team at the lottery had an o'neal jersey ready to go. I just wish I could find an article to link to.

FreezingTsmoove
02-26-2016, 02:41 AM
Right now the number one prospect in high school regardless of class is 6'10 freshman Marvin Bagley

There are two men who have recieved a perfect scouting grade in high school. LeBron and Wiggins. You can now add Bagley to that list as he is the 3rd high schooler to recieve a perfect rivals grade

Literally this kid has it all, at such a young age

Already has offers to Duke and Kentucky

Look up his mixtape he has a full arsenal of offense

He is being call the number one high school prospect REGARDLESS OF GRADUATING CLASS.

ClipperRevival
02-26-2016, 03:32 AM
Right now the number one prospect in high school regardless of class is 6'10 freshman Marvin Bagley

There are two men who have recieved a perfect scouting grade in high school. LeBron and Wiggins. You can now add Bagley to that list as he is the 3rd high schooler to recieve a perfect rivals grade

Literally this kid has it all, at such a young age

Already has offers to Duke and Kentucky

Look up his mixtape he has a full arsenal of offense

He is being call the number one high school prospect REGARDLESS OF GRADUATING CLASS.

Saw like 1 minute of him and didn't see the WOW factor. To be a generational talent, you see only a few plays and you just know this guy is different and special. That doesn't mean this guy won't be great but that's different from being a generational prospect. His reflexes aren't air tight and he doesn't explode off the floor. You want to see WOW athleticism with these type of prospects.

kwajo
02-26-2016, 08:51 AM
Anthony Bennett.

LakersForlife
02-26-2016, 09:09 AM
Jordan --> Kobe --> Curry

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
passing the torch mr jabbar :banana: :banana:

buddha
02-26-2016, 09:15 AM

this dude is a legit 6'11 and he plays like he is 6'6

buddha
02-26-2016, 09:16 AM
with this beta SJW generation that is growing up I wont be surprised if we don't see a true freak for the next 15 years.