PDA

View Full Version : "Dwyane wade is a top 3 SG all time"

nathanjizzle
02-24-2016, 03:07 AM
-Gilbert Arenas. Finally wade gets the recognition he deserves.

https://twitter.com/NBA_Skits/status/702356563042967556

JohnFreeman
02-24-2016, 03:09 AM
Wow, the great Gilbert Arenas says Wade is top 3

wow

Gilbert Arenas

keep-itreal
02-24-2016, 03:11 AM
1. Jordan
2. Kobe
3. Wade

Mr. Jabbar
02-24-2016, 03:12 AM
i'll have to kick lebron out of my top 30 after this

Smoke117
02-24-2016, 03:15 AM
Gil speaking those facts. Jordan, West, Wade. :bowdown:

Watch all these Kobe stans meltdown because I put West and not Kobrick...it's just too easy.

keep-itreal
02-24-2016, 03:17 AM

Watch all these Kobe stans meltdown because I put West and not Kobrick...it's just too easy.
:lebronamazed:

nathanjizzle
02-24-2016, 03:19 AM
1. Jordan
2. Kobe
3. Wade

thats a hook for a rap song. "jordan, kobe, wade" :bowdown:

Im Still Ballin
02-24-2016, 03:23 AM
12th.

GrapeApe
02-24-2016, 03:28 AM
Wade took Gilbert's soul in the 2005 playoffs and never gave it back. Shaq missed 2 of those games too. Wade pretty much owned Arenas throughout their careers.

WayOfWade
02-24-2016, 03:35 AM
Well said :applause:

navy
02-24-2016, 04:46 AM
Obvious

Kobe_6/8
02-24-2016, 05:19 AM
He also said he's the hardest player he ever defended :applause:

plowking
02-24-2016, 06:42 AM
I think at this point Wade really does have a case over West.

Dragonyeuw
02-24-2016, 07:31 AM
Arenas said it? Oh well then, that settles it.

That said, yeah I think that's becoming the common train of thought.

SpaceJam
02-24-2016, 07:57 AM

Them feels when no one takes your bait :(

Head up champ!

ArbitraryWater
02-24-2016, 08:40 AM
Arenas said it? Oh well then, that settles it.

That said, yeah I think that's becoming the common train of thought.

is it? Its not particularly close..., West and Kobe are what, #12-13 all time?

Wade is hovering around 22-25

aj1987
02-24-2016, 08:40 AM
is it? Its not particularly close..., West is what, #13 all time?

Yep. Right there with Dirk.

AintNoSunshine
02-24-2016, 08:46 AM
Gilbert dropped a big fat doodoo on Kobe's forehead with the 60pt game socI am not surprised he left Kobe off.

SpaceJam
02-24-2016, 08:48 AM
Gilbert dropped a big fat doodoo on Kobe's forehead with the 60pt game socI am not surprised he left Kobe off.

Read the bottom of his post champ

buddha
02-24-2016, 09:22 AM
1. Jordan
2. Kobe
3. Wade

more like

Jordan

Kobe

Wade

aj1987
02-24-2016, 09:32 AM
more like

Jordan

Kobe
Wade
FTFY.

KnittingRyu
02-24-2016, 10:13 AM
If he is top 3, that lessens LeBron's championships even more.

Nuff Said
02-24-2016, 10:29 AM
If he is top 3, that lessens LeBron's championships even more.
Where do you rank magic, Kareem, and shaq?

InsanityKills
02-24-2016, 11:08 AM
1. Jordan
12. Kobe
3. Wade

12 and 3 closer than you think.

Cold soul
02-24-2016, 11:33 AM
Wade ranks as high as 3rd but I put him 4th behind Jerry West, Kobe and Jordan.

JohnnySic
02-24-2016, 11:35 AM
Is Havlicek a 2 or a 3? I think 3, but some say 2. In any case, he ranks higher all-time than Wade.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-24-2016, 11:38 AM
Actually, he's not.

Its Jordan, Kobe, and West. There's absolutely no way West ranks among the 11-15 range YET Wade outranks him as an accomplished SG. :oldlol:

KnittingRyu
02-24-2016, 11:41 AM
Where do you rank magic, Kareem, and shaq?
All are top 10. I have Kareem in the #2-3 range. Magic and Shaq are relatively interchangeable, but I give Magic the nod. Magic is probably top 5, and Shaq probably just outside the top 5.

KnittingRyu
02-24-2016, 11:42 AM
Actually, he's not.

Its Jordan, Kobe, and West. There's absolutely no way West ranks among the 11-15 range YET Wade outranks him as an accomplished SG. :oldlol:
Agreed, West is above Wade in my mind. Wade is just above Drexler.

Nuff Said
02-24-2016, 11:47 AM
All are top 10. I have Kareem in the #2-3 range. Magic and Shaq are relatively interchangeable, but I give Magic the nod. Magic is probably top 5, and Shaq probably just outside the top 5.
Oh ok so their championships aren't lessened due to their highly ranked teammate?

Dragonyeuw
02-24-2016, 01:02 PM
is it? Its not particularly close..., West and Kobe are what, #12-13 all time?

Well it seems to be becoming a common train of thought. West is the more 'historically significant' player( being the logo and all) but a better player? I never saw him play, so I can't say with a degree of confidence. Wade is the 3rd best I've seen in last 30 years though.

feyki
02-24-2016, 01:28 PM
Well it seems to be becoming a common train of thought. West is the more 'historically significant' player( being the logo and all) but a better player? I never saw him play, so I can't say with a degree of confidence. Wade is the 3rd best I've seen in last 30 years though.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rz-lyvtuilM

Like miracle .

InsanityKills
02-24-2016, 01:32 PM

Like miracle .
Thanks for this, Weak era confirmed.

What a joke!:facepalm

Dragonyeuw
02-24-2016, 01:48 PM

Like miracle .

I don't consider youtube as evidence that I've watched a player throughout their career.

Levity
02-24-2016, 01:52 PM
anyone see smokes post from page 1??

wtf the is up with that?!?!?!

WHAT. THE. FVCK!!!

there you go smoke. die happy

feyki
02-24-2016, 02:02 PM
I don't consider youtube as evidence that I've watched a player throughout their career.

I known that when posting . Just one shot . If i prefer video to someone , that would entire game . I want to share his that shot . Probably greatest moment in nba finals history .

Dresta
02-24-2016, 02:11 PM
Should've quoted the whole thing: it is jokes:

THE HARDEST PLAYER ive ever had to guard #Flash... My defense couldnt cash what my mouth decided to write....I was asked a question before A game.."how will you stop #Flash??"(dont know why they call him flash!! Im the fastest player in this league BUT imma just back up becuz he cant shoot) im pretty sure he took that personal..I wasnt to worried about my out burst,do to the fact I was the #pg so I guarded #keyondooling5 and #damonjones.. #LHughes guarded #Dwade..dont know why coach #Jordan subbed hughes and left me to guard #FlashDwade but it wasnt a pretty site... #wade score 8 str8 buckets with #3and1's in 4 mins...to be honest I wasnt disappointed in my #defense.. I was really more disappointed #DWade didnt want to use his words....(I was taught when ur angry USE ur words,guess he was taught little diff...hahaha...the only thing more embarrassing then being scored on EVERY time a player touched the ball is being #MonkeyDunked on and your coach calls a time out while ur still laying on floor #NoDontDoThistoME #NoGetBack? All I was thinking (why he call a #fulltimeOut and not a 30sec they about to show that dunk atleast 6times and 2in slowmo....what made the play worst is after the time out I was #SUBBED #awwdontDoMeLikeThisEddie just when I was about to say(the fck u taking me out for) they replayed the dunk in the arena and I had a #flashback of that 20 points in 4 mins...all I could say next was (anybody got any water or Gatorade ??) That was the LAST time I said anything about a player lmaoooo I learned my lesson the hard way..30 games against wade and im pretty sure he never missed while I was guarding him hahahahaha FYI I think wade is a #ROBOT..hes had the same knee issues as me and at 34 hes still dunking like he did when he was #23 #WTF I cant even touch the damn #backboard lmao 3rd best 2guard EVER #jordan #kobe #Dwade...I was blessed to see them all as a player #ballislife #dwade

GrapeApe
02-24-2016, 03:04 PM
Should've quoted the whole thing: it is jokes:

:roll:

Give Arenas credit for the self deprecation. Most players, past or present, wouldn't have the balls or sense of humor to say something like that. I mentioned it earlier Bur Wade DID own him, and I'm sure the trash talk from Arenas played a big role.

In their 2005 playoffs match up Wade averaged 31/8/7 on 54% en route to a sweep. Shaq missed 2 of those games.

https://youtu.be/EYaD6dMeo9g

https://youtu.be/Lcmgy89_DNs

Wade's Rings
02-24-2016, 03:26 PM

Give Arenas credit for the self deprecation. Most players, past or present, wouldn't have the balls or sense of humor to say something like that. I mentioned it earlier Bur Wade DID own him, and I'm sure the trash talk from Arenas played a big role.

In their 2005 playoffs match up Wade averaged 31/8/7 on 54% en route to a sweep. Shaq missed 2 of those games.

Wade torched the Wizards over the years. Outside of his Game 1 vs the Wizards that year Wade averaged 35/8/8 shooting 58% in Games 2-4. In '06 he averaged 31/6/6 shooting 52% against them. He had 2 40 point Games + a Game-Winner against them within a week of each other in the 09-10 season.

KnittingRyu
02-24-2016, 04:23 PM
Oh ok so their championships aren't lessened due to their highly ranked teammate?
If their teammates were even better, then yes, their championships would be lessened. Similarly, if Magic were to have still won 5 championships with worse teammates, it would weight those championships for Magic even more and potentially bump him up in the rankings. You act like I'm saying LeBron's championships are worthless because of Wade, which is not what I'm saying. However, I do weight things like Hakeem's 94 championship higher than LeBron's rings due to him having to carry a team more to the ring.

Dresta
02-24-2016, 04:32 PM

All those alley-oop assists in the first one :bowdown:

Guy has to be one of the best ever at catching and finishing alleys (i.e. having both skills at high level).

Mass Debator
02-24-2016, 04:55 PM

Look at Udonis fly in that first oop :eek:
Almost forgot he was pretty athletic.

Bosnian Sajo
02-24-2016, 06:21 PM
Top 5 SG's of all time

Jordan

Kobe

Wade
West

Iverson

RoseCity07
02-24-2016, 06:36 PM
1. Jordan
2.Wade
3. doesn't matter.

Nash
02-24-2016, 06:37 PM
For real tho', why do Kobe fans keep screaming '5 ringz!!' while we never see Wade fans screaming '3 ringz!!'
People like to give Kobe full credit for his sidekick rings but not for Wade.

Bandito
02-24-2016, 07:33 PM
For real tho', why do Kobe fans keep screaming '5 ringz!!' while we never see Wade fans screaming '3 ringz!!'
Yes they do.

LARRY BROWN
02-24-2016, 07:44 PM
dwyane wade

julies erving

Michael air jordan:coleman:

Jacks3
02-24-2016, 07:45 PM
Wade is so overrated. Dude had like five true 1st-tier superstar seasons and he's the third best SG ever? Get the hell out of here. That would be a guy by the name of Jerry West...a top twenty player of all-time. Wade is maybe top 25.

Get the **** out of here. :oldlol:

InsanityKills
02-24-2016, 08:08 PM
Wade is so overrated. Dude had like five true 1st-tier superstar seasons and he's the third best SG ever? Get the hell out of here. That would be a guy by the name of Jerry West...a top twenty player of all-time. Wade is maybe top 25.

You didn't even see West play, faggo. Wade single handedly won a championship for his team in 2006. West is a career loser going 1/9 in the Finals. How can you lose that many and only win one time and be a better shooting guard. Also he played in a very weak ass era, based off videos.

LARRY BROWN
02-24-2016, 08:12 PM

wade has three nba titles........how many ring you have?

how is flipping burgers at burger king going!:coleman:

Akhenaten
02-24-2016, 09:54 PM

1-8 in an eight team league with a stacked roster, 3>1 cut it out goofy troll

tpols
02-24-2016, 10:47 PM
1-8 in an eight team league with a stacked roster, 3>1 cut it out goofy troll

we dont know the context of that though.. 2/6 is all good and fun, but it is the context that matters.. the team hopping/flopping/dared to shoot/etc among other things that make it matter.

you and I dont know context of West's count.. he was nicknamed mr. clutch, so I doubt it couldve been that bad.

bizil
02-24-2016, 10:59 PM
Peak wise, I agree with Arenas. GOAT wise, I think West still has a slight edge over D Wade. Even though Wade has three rings, West has the edge in terms of solo accolades, career numbers, and longevity being great. Plus West revolutionized the SG spot flat out. Before him, u didn't see SG's combine great scoring ability AND great all around ability in that manner.

Plus his OVERALL scoring skillset (in terms of technique and fundamentals) was arguably the best of all time for the position. MJ and Kobe added the freakish athletic ability and 6'6 height to many of the things West did previously. But even in comparison to MJ and Kobe, West was a better pure shooter.

JohnFreeman
02-24-2016, 11:01 PM
Who was Jerry West playing against every night?

Good luck in this era white man

GrapeApe
02-25-2016, 12:18 AM

Wade is in his 13th season and has career averages of 24/6/5/2/1 on 49% and a 25 PER. It is impossible to have those kind of career numbers unless you were a great player for many years. Very few guards in history have produced like that through 820+ games (and 150+ playoff games). I have no issue with anyone rating West higher, but Wade is by no means overrated.

Akhenaten
02-25-2016, 12:55 AM
we dont know the context of that though.. 2/6 is all good and fun, but it is the context that matters.. the team hopping/flopping/dared to shoot/etc among other things that make it matter.

you and I dont know context of West's count.. he was nicknamed mr. clutch, so I doubt it couldve been that bad.

You can't read or something? I'll type it again.

8-13 team league (or whatever it was, don't care enough to research)

stacked rosters

1-8

And the ONE ring he won he was the NBA equivalent of Peyton Manning in this past Superbowl. That's the context goofy troll I don't give one FACK bout not damn nickname boy.

If a modern player had that record he wouldn't be able to come out the house he would have to move overseas. He would get ROASTED for being a perrenial LOSER but we give this dude a pass cause he played when nikkas was still riding horse and buggies?

Get the FACK outta here

Dresta
02-25-2016, 12:59 AM
Jacks3 is actually one of the dumbest bball fans on the face of the earth, i'm talking Dubeta and Pauk levels of stupid. Guy actually thinks Kobe>Duncan, and his love for Kobe is the reason he hates Wade. It's like when you love a woman, it tends to make you contemptuous of other women, as they never measure up to the ideal you've created in your mind of the woman you love. This is what Jacks3 is like with Kobe and any other SG who could possibly be compared favourably with him (they can never do anything right, they're always "overrated" and so on).

red1
02-25-2016, 12:59 AM
Absolutely.

Never watched west so I won't bother ranking that far back.

Bro you are a kobe fan - don't even go there. :oldlol: First of all what does this thread have to do with lbj? 2nd- bron is 2/6 and a better finals performer than kobe. What does that make your boy?

tpols
02-25-2016, 01:01 AM

stacked rosters

1-8

And the ONE ring he won he was the NBA equivalent of Peyton Manning in this past Superbowl. That's the context goofy troll I don't give one FACK bout not damn nickname boy.

If a modern player had that record he wouldn't be able to come out the house he would have to move overseas. He would get ROASTED for being a perrenial LOSER but we give this dude a pass cause he played when nikkas was still riding horse and buggies?

Get the FACK outta here

Uh.. I don't know if you realize but a much smaller league, say a third the size means it's much much easier to get to the finals, and talent more concentrated on top teams.

but idk. . Did jerry west ever do anything like 2011 in his matches? Was he dared to shoot and disrespected ever? (honestly don't know)

As far as Wade goes it depends on value placed for longevity.. I'd take west for that plus his superior ability to space the floor for his teammates

Akhenaten
02-25-2016, 01:10 AM
Uh.. I don't know if you realize but a much smaller league, say a third the size means it's much much easier to get to the finals, and talent more concentrated on top teams.

but idk. . Did jerry west ever do anything like 2011 in his matches? Was he dared to shoot and disrespected ever? (honestly don't know)

As far as Wade goes it depends on value placed for longevity.. I'd take west for that plus his superior ability to space the floor for his teammates

Why do you keep bringing up lebron? I don't give a crap about no blasted lebron man.

1-8

Had a Peyton Manning esque performance for his one ring, all this guy did was take L's. Stop defending losers bro.

Milbuck
02-25-2016, 01:15 AM
I mean, it might have something to do with him averaging 28/7/5 in the playoffs for his 2nd/3rd rings. Pretty reasonable to be screaming rangzz when you perform like a superstar to get them.

sportjames23
02-25-2016, 06:46 AM

stacked rosters

1-8

Get the FACK outta here

Hmm...you do have a point.

And 2/6 really brings your point home

aj1987
02-25-2016, 07:49 AM
Yes they do.
If they do, Wade should be ranked in the top 15 Like West.

You really are as insecure as AutisticWater. :facepalm

Wade's Rings
02-26-2016, 05:29 PM

Just read his post. He really said Wade was dared to shoot in the '11 Finals :lol

aj1987
02-26-2016, 05:31 PM
Just read his post. He really said Wade was dared to shoot in the '11 Finals :lol
I think he's talking about LeBron. Still insecure AF though.

Wade's Rings
02-26-2016, 05:42 PM
I think he's talking about LeBron. Still insecure AF though.

So either way he's wrong.

aj1987
02-26-2016, 05:43 PM
So either way he's wrong.
Yep.

G0ATbe
02-26-2016, 05:43 PM
Kobe
Wade
MJ

Wade's Rings
02-26-2016, 05:47 PM
Kobe
Wade
MJ

:facepalm

Stop disrespecting Mike.

GrapeApe
02-26-2016, 05:59 PM
Kobe
Wade
MJ

Where's thunder Dan Majerle? :facepalm

I can only assume this egregious omission is because you have him as a SF.

ArbitraryWater
02-26-2016, 06:00 PM

don't normally use it but, the rent is free, certainly :lol

How am I in your head when we havent 'talked' in a week and I was never in this thread :roll: love getting under people's skin

aj1987
02-26-2016, 06:14 PM
don't normally use it but, the rent is free, certainly :lol

How am I in your head when we havent 'talked' in a week and I was never in this thread :roll: love getting under people's skin
Remember this, little man?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12129391&postcount=572

That's exactly what transpired here.

Care to post in this thread, BTW?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=395424