PDA

View Full Version : Copa America Centenario 2016

Pages : [1] 2

9erempiree
02-24-2016, 10:04 AM
This is the official thread.

The tournament starts on June 3, 2016

Here are the groups:
http://worldsoccertalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/copa-america-draw-600x419.jpg

Predictions?

First game at Levi's stadium...my neck of the woods. I may go to this game USA vs. Colmbia.

I'm going to try and go to all the California location games which means in my lifetime I am going to add these guys to the list of players I've watched:

-Messi
-Suarez
-Neymar
-James

:banana:

Group Stage Schedule

http://www.mlssoccer.com/copa-america/schedule

Im Still Ballin
02-24-2016, 10:05 AM
#MAGA #TrumpNation #Trump

InsanityKills
02-24-2016, 11:10 AM
Usa! Usa! Usa! Usa!

Wally450
02-24-2016, 11:56 AM
May go try to check out Brazil/Peru at Gillette on June 12th.

ballinhun8
02-24-2016, 01:12 PM
May go try to check out Brazil/Peru at Gillette on June 12th.

I'd hold off on that.

Gillette is hosting a knockout stage match between the Group D winner and Group C runner up. So most likely ARG v MEX/URU. I don't believe Messi has ever played at Gillette so this may be a once in a life type thing. And you got other stars too hopefully; Suarez, Cavani, Di Maria, Aguero.

But then again Brazilians will have Gillette packed like usual when they play here.

9erempiree
02-24-2016, 05:15 PM
This is going to be great. Hopefully it will be so successful that they do away with the separate continental tournaments and hold this every four years! I know people from Europe like to rip on the United States football team, but they always punch above their weight and regularly perform well above their means at the World Cup. Mexico and Costa Rica also did well at the last tournement.

I also think there are far more "stars" split up among the teams, unlike at the Euros. Having Argentina (Messi) v Brazil (Neymar) v Uruguay (Suarez) v Chile (Sanchez) v Mexico (Hernandez) v Colombia (Rodriguez) plus the United States/Costa Rica and some Caribbean flavor and it will be awesome.

PS. Surely Canada could get in over Panama?

I agree. Canada sucks though.

Cup America is better than any tournament this year and better than Euro's. Its going to be like a WC year. Also, the world is going to see our majestic stadiums.

I am definitely going to have to go to the games in California.

Also

9erempiree
05-16-2016, 02:21 PM
Got some tickets.:banana:

9erempiree
05-23-2016, 06:27 AM
Tests are done on Suarez.

Going to see if he's going to miss this tournament. He was in tears because he wanted to play in this tournament.

Will he be ready for Mexico?

9erempiree
05-23-2016, 06:36 AM
Pulisic will be on the team.:rockon:

Sad that Neymar chose the Olympics because of his home country.

Messi and Suarez also had to choose between the two and they chose the Copa.

Brazil is saving themselves which sucks for the tournament.

kurple
05-23-2016, 09:47 AM
Viva Peru! Lets go!

NumberSix
05-23-2016, 09:55 AM
America doesn't win anymore. A mess!

9erempiree
06-04-2016, 08:28 AM
Just got back....What a game. Great atmosphere.

Anyways, USA didn't play that bad and I liked how they were holding onto possession. You can argue that they were playing well but their final 3rd were horrible but then again they are playing the best defensive team in the world. Colombia was freaking solid on defense. One of the best I have seen this year and probably ranks up there with professional teams like Atletico de Madrid. Solid and very discipline.

They were sitting back but they were forcing turnovers too. USA just couldn't break them.

No shame in losing a game against a great volley and PK. Just bad luck against a good team.

Zapata's goal.
https://streamable.com/qd6x

Also....JK doesn't know what the hell he is doing and fack his diamond. Nagbe and Pulisic should be starting. Find a way to get these guys to start especially against a defensive team. He may finally get fired if we don't get out of group stage.

On to the next game....

kurple
06-04-2016, 08:56 AM
Colombia best defense in the world :roll: :roll:

9erempiree
06-04-2016, 09:00 AM
Colombia best defense in the world :roll: :roll:

It takes the best to beat USA.:confusedshrug:

kurple
06-04-2016, 09:07 AM
It takes the best to beat USA.:confusedshrug:
its more like every team looks elite defensively when playing the US

Uncle Drew
06-04-2016, 09:21 AM
Colombia is 5th in WCQ and 6 out of 9 teams have conceded less goals than them. :yaohappy:

Uncle Drew
06-04-2016, 09:22 AM
USA was lucky Marlos Moreno didn't play or the beating would've been even worse.

9erempiree
06-04-2016, 09:29 AM
We lost the game but there was no 'beat down' and there would be no beat down either.

As a matter of fact we had our chances but didn't convert and there was a lucky save by a Colombian defender Aguilar.

USA needs to play loose. Looked slow and stiff out there.

Uncle Drew
06-04-2016, 09:33 AM
Bro, please. The Yanks had just 3 shots on target. One was a Dempsey free kick, one was a Brooks (IIRC) corner and the other one I can't even remember. Colombia on the other hand had plenty of counter chances, Bacca's one being the best clear cut chance of course, when he hit the bar.

Andrew Wiggins
06-04-2016, 09:34 AM
"uncle drew" lives in the usa? lmao :roll:

Uncle Drew
06-04-2016, 09:34 AM
"uncle drew" lives in the usa? lmao :roll:
No, I live in the Netherlands.

9erempiree
06-04-2016, 09:40 AM
Bro, please. The Yanks had just 3 shots on target. One was a Dempsey free kick, one was a Brooks (IIRC) corner and the other one I can't even remember. Colombia on the other hand had plenty of counter chances, Bacca's one being the best clear cut chance of course, when he hit the bar.

There was no "beat down" but glad people from the Netherlands are watching.

Should be better games in a couple of days.

Uncle Drew
06-04-2016, 09:41 AM
Should be better games in a couple of days.
I certainly hope so, although Brazil's probable starting line-up for tonights game doesn't make me satisfied. Casemiro, Renato Augusto and Elias on one midfield. Dunga being Dunga. :hammerhead:

Unleash Gabigol.

Hawker
06-04-2016, 09:44 PM
Good result for USA with the Costa Rica vs. Paraguay tie.

9erempiree
06-04-2016, 09:57 PM
Horrible game to watch.

I was expecting Joel Campbell to boss but he didn't.

Plus, Florida is a horrible place to play during the summer.

9erempiree
06-04-2016, 10:00 PM
Brazil Ecuador is on now at the Rose Bowl.:banana:

9erempiree
06-04-2016, 10:03 PM
Casemiro and Alves is like wtf.

Uncle Drew
06-04-2016, 11:37 PM
What a boring game. What a boring tournament.

Uncle Drew
06-04-2016, 11:43 PM
http://www.imgdumper.nl/uploads9/57539fbce5cf4/57539fbcdb7cd-Screen_Shot_2016-06-05_at_05.42.02.png

Yanks. :oldlol:

9erempiree
06-04-2016, 11:48 PM
It has been garbage in these opening games.

Mexico/Uruguay tomorrow.

Arg/Chile Monday.

If these games are shit then I'm just going to set my alarm and watch Euros in the morning.

9erempiree
06-04-2016, 11:49 PM
http://www.imgdumper.nl/uploads9/57539fbce5cf4/57539fbcdb7cd-Screen_Shot_2016-06-05_at_05.42.02.png

Yanks. :oldlol:

None.:rolleyes:

Uncle Drew
06-04-2016, 11:50 PM
None.:rolleyes:
Gilberto Silva. :roll:

9erempiree
06-04-2016, 11:58 PM
Plus they dont try till its near the end of group.

Bitch ass Neymar didnt play or else i go watch him instead of Colombia.

alenleomessi
06-05-2016, 03:25 AM
even the 7min highlights i watched were boring as hell except for a short cameo of neymar and jamie foxx in the stands :lol

anyway there is no ET in the knockout stage so thats good news..

still dont think im staying up awake till 5 am to watch a game even if its argentina.. the tournament is being treated as a mickey mouse cup..

Uncle Drew
06-05-2016, 08:05 PM
They just played Chile's national anthem for Uruguay. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Stupid, stupid Yanks.

ballinhun8
06-05-2016, 08:13 PM
Mexico, even without Dos Santos bros and Vela still talented enough to win this tourney. They just play big against the big dogs of the world.

Already scored 3 mins in.

ballinhun8
06-05-2016, 08:14 PM
Plus they dont try till its near the end of group.

Bitch ass Neymar didnt play or else i go watch him instead of Colombia.

You do know Barca only allowed his release for the Olympics, not this tourney.

9erempiree
06-05-2016, 08:43 PM
You do know Barca only allowed his release for the Olympics, not this tourney.
:facepalm

So much genius by this poster.

ballinhun8
06-05-2016, 08:53 PM

So much genius by this poster.

No need to mock just cuz you're mad he's not playing. And dumb to call him a b*tch for the same reason you tried to mock me.

At least explain yourself for hatin.

Uruguay going with 10 men now. Mexico is already dominating. Doesn't bode well for Uruguay now.

Hawker
06-05-2016, 09:22 PM
They just played Chile's national anthem for Uruguay. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Stupid, stupid Yanks.

Why are you so obsessed with America dude?

TheMan
06-05-2016, 10:08 PM
Mexico, even without Dos Santos bros and Vela still talented enough to win this tourney. They just play big against the big dogs of the world.

Already scored 3 mins in.
They were dominating in the first half when they were one goal up and with a man advantage, they let Uruguay control the ball in the second half and it cost them and they lost the man advantage but after Uruguay tied the game, Mexico got aggressive and scored 2 more goals.

Props to Chucky Lozano, dude created a lot of chances for Mexico.

This Mexican side can win the Copa America.

9erempiree
06-05-2016, 10:53 PM
This Mexican team can very well win it since this team isn't your lazy typical Mexican side. In the last tournament, Gold Cup, they displayed their usual laziness and their work rate was weak.

They have been known to be lazy and they very seldom press but this year they have been working hard and its good to see them work hard in this competition.

As much as I dislike Mexico because of our rivalry against them but I like to see a CONCACAF team do well.

ballinhun8
06-06-2016, 12:56 AM
This Mexican team can very well win it since this team isn't your lazy typical Mexican side. In the last tournament, Gold Cup, they displayed their usual laziness and their work rate was weak.

They have been known to be lazy and they very seldom press but this year they have been working hard and its good to see them work hard in this competition.

As much as I dislike Mexico because of our rivalry against them but I like to see a CONCACAF team do well.

You mean the tournament they won? Then followed up with a win in the Gold Cup representative match against the US? You do know Mexico is on 20 GM unbeaten streak. Sure, a good amount of friendlies but does include the tourney last season.

Under Osorio they seemed to play with that same passion as Herrera squad.

And man, Rafa, this guy always comes thru. Lol. At least for his country.

Uncle Drew
06-06-2016, 02:30 AM
Why are you so obsessed with America dude?
Because they are hosting a tournament and are failing miserably at it? The empty seats are one, but playing a wrong national anthem is just hilarious and stupid.

Hawker
06-06-2016, 03:06 AM
Because they are hosting a tournament and are failing miserably at it? The empty seats are one, but playing a wrong national anthem is just hilarious and stupid.

It's hilarious but by no means a miserable fail. You just want it to be due to your irrational hate of USA. Show us where america touched you. Many more failures in the world when hosting a tournament than USA. Hardly a big deal.

World Cup 1994 has the highest average of spectators per game ever. This was held in the USA. You fail.

Have the dutch even hosted a world cup before?

Nick Young
06-06-2016, 03:12 AM
Unleash Beastacic

Uncle Drew
06-06-2016, 03:43 AM
World Cup 1994 has the highest average of spectators per game ever. This was held in the USA. You fail.
Lmao. Maybe this was due to a lot of countries around the globe being involved, and America having some of the biggest stadiums because of the NFL? :eek:

Many more failures in the world when hosting a tournament than USA. Hardly a big deal.
Name them.

Hawker
06-06-2016, 03:54 AM
Lmao. Maybe this was due to a lot of countries around the globe being involved, and America having some of the biggest stadiums because of the NFL? :eek:

Name them.

Take a look at any country that sees their stadiums be completely useless after a world cup/olympics. Greece, Brazil etc. Deaths occurred for the prep in Brazil. Let's see how the olympics go in Brazil. :lol

Hell, look at Qatar. Civil rights are being violated and deaths are happening.

World Cup 1994 went swimmingly and had the highest spectator per game average. When it comes to the pinnacle of all tournaments, USA brings it. :rockon: We get points for having the infrastructure in place already. Sorry the netherlands cant compete.

LJJ
06-06-2016, 04:36 AM
World Cup 1994 went swimmingly and had the highest spectator per game average. When it comes to the pinnacle of all tournaments, USA brings it. :rockon: We get points for having the infrastructure in place already. Sorry the netherlands cant compete.

Let's face it. Other than in terms of raw "how many people were in the stadium" data, the 94 world cup can't touch tournaments like France 98 or Germany 06.

-US stadiums are big, but they weren't made for football and have bad dimensions and atmosphere. This is like how Juventus' new stadium is much better than the old one.

-The weather was way too hot to get maximum performance from all the teams.

-Probably the most boring, shit final in the history of the World Cup.

You are right about one thing though, I'll take the US hosting any day over humanitarian atrocities like the world cup in South Africa, Brazil and Qatar. This is all just the result of FIFA's retarded policy to limit the number of times a European country can host a tournament, which really should be at least 3/4 of the tournaments.

Nick Young
06-06-2016, 05:59 AM
Let's face it. Other than in terms of raw "how many people were in the stadium" data, the 94 world cup can't touch tournaments like France 98 or Germany 06.

-US stadiums are big, but they weren't made for football and have bad dimensions and atmosphere. This is like how Juventus' new stadium is much better than the old one.

-The weather was way too hot to get maximum performance from all the teams.

-Probably the most boring, shit final in the history of the World Cup.

You are right about one thing though, I'll take the US hosting any day over humanitarian atrocities like the world cup in South Africa, Brazil and Qatar. This is all just the result of FIFA's retarded policy to limit the number of times a European country can host a tournament, which really should be at least 3/4 of the tournaments.
Another butthurt euro whinng because the GOAT world cup was hosted on American soil. What's new?

alenleomessi
06-06-2016, 08:19 AM
rafa marquez just wont die wow.. dude's prime ended 10 years ago yet he is still coming up big for mexico.. props

9erempiree
06-06-2016, 09:11 AM

It was some dumb liberal hipster soccer fan.

Liberal: They're all the same. Just play it.

Charlie Sheen
06-06-2016, 11:30 AM
Good result for USA with the Costa Rica vs. Paraguay tie.

Watched this one with a buddy. It's going to be interesting to see if the US has the playmaking to get through a team like Costa Rica who is content to lay back in their half. Paraguay did next to nothing on the attack after that offsides.

Not just the playmaking either. The US showed a lot of quit vs Colombia in my eyes. That first goal took a lot of the want and fight out of this team. That was unacceptable.

9erempiree
06-06-2016, 08:44 PM
Damn. Really tooting for Panama.

Argentina Chile coming up.

9erempiree
06-06-2016, 08:50 PM
Goal!

Beautiful counter by Panama.

2-1

9erempiree
06-06-2016, 10:12 PM
This game is intense.

Messi is super super sub.

9erempiree
06-06-2016, 10:26 PM
Vidal trying to destroy ankles. Yellow.

9erempiree
06-06-2016, 11:19 PM
Adm goal. Dangerous all game.

I miss watching that guy.

TheMan
06-06-2016, 11:20 PM
Just when Chile was dominating the second half, Argentina scores

Andrew Wiggins
06-06-2016, 11:23 PM
It's hilarious but by no means a miserable fail. You just want it to be due to your irrational hate of USA. Show us where america touched you. Many more failures in the world when hosting a tournament than USA. Hardly a big deal.

Have the dutch even hosted a world cup before?

kid rivals 9er for the biggest loser on this forum

shit, i'm not american but it's hilarious to see how much he deep his hatred is. he was recording videos of some american player in the dutch league's misses to post them here at one point :lol

9erempiree
06-06-2016, 11:24 PM
They changed it up and countering.

Almost another goal.

9erempiree
06-06-2016, 11:26 PM
Another goal.

Banega.

Sit back and hit them on the counter.

Andrew Wiggins
06-06-2016, 11:31 PM
entertaining game

both teams play with such high intensity

di maria is phenomenal

Hawker
06-07-2016, 12:40 AM
kid rivals 9er for the biggest loser on this forum

shit, i'm not american but it's hilarious to see how much he deep his hatred is. he was recording videos of some american player in the dutch league's misses to post them here at one point :lol

So strange. Yeah, the anthem thing was a mistake and funny but shit happens.

Jozy Altidore (an american) dominated the dutch league at one point. :lol

Anyway, hopefully we can get some better soccer after the first round robin matches. USA can beat Costa Rica tomorrow.

Uncle Drew
06-07-2016, 01:04 AM
Never knew a Pitbull song was part of Chile's national anthem. It just keeps getting better and better.

Uncle Drew
06-07-2016, 01:06 AM
Jozy Altidore (an american) dominated the dutch league at one point. :lol
And Bradley (not even Shaun) Wright-Philips dominated the MLS. Next.

9erempiree
06-07-2016, 01:14 AM
Never knew a Pitbull song was part of Chile's national anthem. It just keeps getting better and better.

These hipsters need to GTFO. There are a lot of American hipster soccer fans.

They're probably thinking these countries are all the same and they played some Pitbull because they thought they would like it.:facepalm

Embarrassment. I am very sad of how this tournament is being handled.

Hawker
06-07-2016, 01:34 AM
And Bradley (not even Shaun) Wright-Philips dominated the MLS. Next.

:confusedshrug:

Not sure what the point of this was. I never claimed MLS was an awesome league.

Uncle Drew
06-07-2016, 02:52 AM

Not sure what the point of this was. I never claimed MLS was an awesome league.
Neither did I about the Dutch league. So your point being?

LJJ
06-07-2016, 03:12 AM
The Dutch league is awesome though.

Outside of the Eredivisie, Altidore is the third all time greatest scorer in US history and they have Dutch coaching to thank for a lot of that. Funny to see Dutch guys disrespect their own league and Americans disrespect their own all time most prolific striker. Lighten up fellas, it's not all so bad.

9erempiree
06-07-2016, 03:13 AM
The Dutch are GOAT in player development.

Nick Young
06-07-2016, 03:56 AM
The Dutch are GOAT in player development.
GOAT choke artists as well

brownmamba00
06-07-2016, 07:53 AM
lol jozy altidore was and still is a bonafide scrub

Jasi
06-07-2016, 09:48 AM
What's with these struggles with the national anthems? :oldlol:

Jasi
06-07-2016, 03:53 PM
C'mon guys liven up this place!
Second USA game is coming up, let us know the lineup, the rumours... You're the hosts!

knickballer
06-07-2016, 07:36 PM
Same lineup from the opening match against Columbia.

Yedlin deserves to be benched. Another failed player that was hyped up by the American fan base desperately trying to prop up their players as potential world beaters. I don't know why Jurgen isn't starting Pulisic. Pulisic is the prince that was promised. We all know he's better than Zardes.

Bradley needs to play better. Going to Toronto has ruined his career, just not the same player he once was. I don't like Jones starting either and I don't know why he's getting capped tbh.

Andrew Wiggins
06-07-2016, 07:40 PM

Yedlin deserves to be benched. Another failed player that was hyped up by the American fan base desperately trying to prop up their players as potential world beaters. I don't know why Jurgen isn't starting Pulisic. Pulisic is the prince that was promised. We all know he's better than Zardes.

Bradley needs to play better. Going to Toronto has ruined his career, just not the same player he once was. I don't like Jones starting either and I don't know why he's getting capped tbh.

wasn't yedlin a starter in the premiership this year?

and aren't you a member of the american fan base :lol

doesn't sound like a failure for a 22 year old

knickballer
06-07-2016, 07:58 PM
wasn't yedlin a starter in the premiership this year?

and aren't you a member of the american fan base :lol

doesn't sound like a failure for a 22 year old

Many US soccer fans have a tendency to overhype players if they had a good match in a big game or if they play for big teams. A guy like Julian Green was called up to the US world cup roster despite not playing a professional minute just because he played for Bayern Munich reserves.

In Yedlin's case he had a good game against Belgium in the World Cup(he was an unknown by many US fans before) then he moved immediately to Tottenham which stunted his growth as he didn't play for 1 1/2 years. As soon as he moved to Tottenham and after that game many fans started to overrate him like they do to many of our players who are young and show flashes. It's not good for the players and once they move to European clubs alot of them fail. But I actually didn't know Yedlin played in 23 matches for Sunderland this season but from what I read he's been okay at best. He's still our best option at RB since our FB situation is bad atm but just because he plays in the EPL doesn't mean he's good.

9erempiree
06-07-2016, 08:10 PM
Jk out.

Pulisic and Nagbe should be full time starters.

Don't save them for subs. Saving them for subbing means we're losing.

9erempiree
06-07-2016, 08:17 PM
I have tears right now just like when CR hit the game winner for 11.

Hawker
06-07-2016, 08:17 PM
Stream ficked up. What was the call in the box for?

Either way. GOAAAAALLLLLL. Dempsey is the man. Where would we be without his goals?

9erempiree
06-07-2016, 08:20 PM
Stream ficked up. What was the call in the box for?

Either way. GOAAAAALLLLLL. Dempsey is the man. Where would we be without his goals?

Wood was shoved to the ground in the cross.

Hawker
06-07-2016, 08:41 PM
Zardes actually had a decent first touch that time. Terrible finish.

Hawker
06-07-2016, 08:44 PM
What a goal. Jones is a ****ing boss. Pressured the defense into ****ing up and then scored.

9erempiree
06-07-2016, 08:46 PM
Dempsey looking like Neymar out there.

MaxAxe
06-07-2016, 08:49 PM
Wow 3-0

Hawker
06-07-2016, 08:50 PM
What a turn and shot by Bobby Wood.

Costa Rica looks terrible out there. What happened to these guys?

9erempiree
06-07-2016, 08:51 PM
We are the 2nd best team in this tournament right after Argentina.

Lets not forget Costa Rica in 2014 beating down Euros.

9erempiree
06-07-2016, 08:54 PM
Costa Rica looks terrible out there. What happened to these guys?

Keylor Navas. Best keeper in the world.

I remember those idiots on the soccer thread said I was full of shit when I said Navas was the best goalkeeper since last year. This year he straight up showed why he is the best.

Not doubting my country but PK would have been 50/50 or 60/40 for Navas and the two other goals would have been saved by an athletic beast like him.

lol @ Neuer, De Gea and Courtois.

America breeds goalies.

Hawker
06-07-2016, 08:55 PM
Keylor Navas. Best keeper in the world.

I remember those idiots on the soccer thread said I was full of shit when I said Navas was the best goalkeeper since last year. This year he straight up showed why he is the best.

lol @ Neuer, De Gea and Courtois.

American breeds goalies.

Ah.

Probably would've saved goals 2 and 3.

9erempiree
06-07-2016, 09:53 PM
I've seen enough.

We da bess in this tournament after Argentina.

Hawker
06-07-2016, 10:09 PM
USA played well but tended to sit back in the 2nd and play the counter.

Dempsey gets pretty lazy at the 60th-70th minute.

Good result and well needed goals for goal differential. Expecting a win against Paraguay.

TheMan
06-07-2016, 10:10 PM
I've seen enough.

We da bess in this tournament after Argentina.
Lol

LJJ
06-08-2016, 03:47 AM
In addition to the national anthem shenanigans:

http://s32.postimg.org/gzimqu7r9/NKt_Tki_L.jpg

http://s32.postimg.org/4wdb39wp1/TAUFo_Zh.png

9erempiree
06-08-2016, 03:56 AM

Nothing wrong with this?:confusedshrug:

EDIT: Just noticed. So many blunders. Perhaps that is how Germans spell Colombia?

SAKOTXA
06-08-2016, 03:59 AM
Nothing wrong with this?:confusedshrug:
Juan Cuadrado plays for Costa Rica?

9erempiree
06-08-2016, 04:04 AM
Juan Cuadrado plays for Costa Rica?

The Adidas advertising.:hammerhead:

EDIT: Looks like I was right again. The Germans spell Colombia as Kolumbien. I can see some German at Adidas spelling it C-O-L- then spelled it with a U because of Kolumbien.

Jasi
06-08-2016, 04:11 AM

That's their away kit I think.
And Columbia is the wrong spelling :hammerhead:

Anyway, didn't see any highlight yet but hey, that's quite the beatdown on Costarica.
Curious to see how this goes on

LJJ
06-08-2016, 04:11 AM
That's their away kit I think.

Anyway, didn't see any highlight yet but hey, that's quite the beatdown on Costarica.
Curious to see how this goes on

No, they spelled the country name wrong.

9erempiree
06-08-2016, 04:27 AM
They definitely messed up if Adidas USA did the advertising. Like the Germans we usually spell the name, not country, Columbia.

The biggest fack up is not knowing who Joel Campbell is. He plays in the freaking same federation and he's a nice exciting player. They really messed up considering he had a good WC and good Gold Cup.

Jasi
06-08-2016, 04:42 AM
No, they spelled the country name wrong.

Yeah I noticed that right after posting :oldlol:
Didn't know they had a white home kit though, this is quite an exception in their history.

9erempiree
06-08-2016, 05:12 AM
Yeah I noticed that right after posting :oldlol:
Didn't know they had a white home kit though, this is quite an exception in their history.

Yea. White kit this year instead of the famous yellow.

Jasi
06-08-2016, 05:15 AM

EDIT: Looks like I was right again. The Germans spell Colombia as Kolumbien. I can see some German at Adidas spelling it C-O-L- then spelled it with a U because of Kolumbien.

I think adidas is big enough to have homegrown managers in their various branches around the world :D

Andrew Wiggins
06-08-2016, 07:02 AM

so your fans' "hype" is what selected julian green to the national team squad? seems more like mismanagement than trying to ridicule an entire fan base

impressive beatdown by the usa....costa rica is not an easy team to beat let alone by 4 goals

Nick Young
06-08-2016, 07:14 AM

Good result and well needed goals for goal differential. Expecting a win against Paraguay.
We are simply the best. American football is the best in the world. There is a reason that all of the elite european teams rely so heavily on American talent.

Nick Young
06-08-2016, 07:16 AM

http://s32.postimg.org/4wdb39wp1/TAUFo_Zh.png
Your Euro-brothers ze Germans are responsible for these dumb designs, dude XD

Andrew Wiggins
06-08-2016, 07:18 AM

looks like paraguay took it to colombia and were unlucky not to come away with at least a draw. they'll probably be favoured against the usa.

9erempiree
06-08-2016, 07:22 AM
We are simply the best. American football is the best in the world. There is a reason that all of the elite european teams rely so heavily on American talent.

This statement is very true.

All the best players are from America. In no particular order:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/rHXtnAwH8Js/hqdefault.jpg
http://soccer-europe.com/images/Pele_latinosinlondon_wordpress_com.jpg
http://img.thesun.co.uk/aidemitlum/archive/01262/Ronaldo_13_280x390_1262977a.jpg
https://static-secure.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Admin/BkFill/Default_image_group/2010/6/23/1277330343982/United-States-Landon-Dono-006.jpg
http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/onesport/cps/624/cpsprodpb/7D04/production/_88240023_messi.jpg

Going to be very hard to find another team in any continent to beat a team full of these players.

Hawker
06-08-2016, 07:28 AM
looks like paraguay took it to colombia and were unlucky not to come away with at least a draw. they'll probably be favoured against the usa.

Depends on which Paraguay shows up. 1st half or 2nd half paraguay.

You're right though Paraguay had some good chances in the 2nd half to even it up and that goal was ridiculous. Best goal of the tourney so far.

The red card Romero got will be helpful.

Hawker
06-08-2016, 07:37 AM
Did anybody watch the Colombia game btw?

So many sexy colombian mamis in the stands. Dios Mio.

TheMan
06-08-2016, 01:08 PM

http://img.thesun.co.uk/aidemitlum/archive/01262/Ronaldo_13_280x390_1262977a.jpg
https://static-secure.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Admin/BkFill/Default_image_group/2010/6/23/1277330343982/United-States-Landon-Dono-006.jpg
http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/onesport/cps/624/cpsprodpb/7D04/production/_88240023_messi.jpg

Going to be very hard to find another team in any continent to beat a team full of these players.
Landon Donovan
https://media.giphy.com/media/vWDrezW0rMjmM/giphy.gif
Instead of putting other American greats like Ronaldihno, Rivaldo, Enzo Francescoli, Hugo Sanchez, Gabriel Batistuta, Teofilo Cubillas, Ivan Zamorano, Pibe Valderrama, Diego Forlan etc...this nikka mentions scrub Donovan (in comparison to those players)...

Jasi
06-08-2016, 01:19 PM
Well an even funnier thing about that post is considering 30% of the Earth's landmass as a unique region, for the only reason to be able to boast Brazil and Argentina's heritage as a US soccer fan.

It's more or less like if I, as an Italian, bragged about the heli skiing adventure wonders in Kamchatka.

Uncle Drew
06-09-2016, 01:13 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkeTTnCVAAAR3k7.jpg

lmao

Nick Young
06-09-2016, 01:23 AM

Great post, I'll post some more great American footballers below, also in no particular order

Nick Young
06-09-2016, 01:27 AM
European football would be in shambles without these great American talents helping to keep it afloat throughout the years.

https://zonkebonkesports.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/juan-riquelme.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/07/05/article-0-01DA60DF00000578-268_468x577.jpg
https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/dM3GtRrM53qPOBSO8fgYBhhNscQ=/0x127:2924x2076/1310x873/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/49142693/GettyImages-459830564.0.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/690965507198029824/3quC3A7L.jpg
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/KLmDqr1j5Xo/maxresdefault.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/cd/01/e1/cd01e14f39e8c0e88334e30d40825e7a.jpg

Hawker
06-09-2016, 02:27 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkeTTnCVAAAR3k7.jpg

lmao

Not sure what the point of these photos are for?

Assuming this isn't a USA game, why would tons of fans watch the game that aren't fans of the respective nations? Probably not that many in Phoenix where this game was played.

It was Ecuador vs. Peru. Probably not that many of either nation living in USA...and probably not that important of a tournament for citizens of these countries to fly to USA.

Andrew Wiggins
06-09-2016, 07:15 AM
Not sure what the point of these photos are for?

Assuming this isn't a USA game, why would tons of fans watch the game that aren't fans of the respective nations? Probably not that many in Phoenix where this game was played.

It was Ecuador vs. Peru. Probably not that many of either nation living in USA...and probably not that important of a tournament for citizens of these countries to fly to USA.

he couldnt bitch about the usa - costa rica, so that's all he's got :lol

kurple
06-09-2016, 07:43 AM
European football would be in shambles without these great American talents helping to keep it afloat throughout the years.

https://zonkebonkesports.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/juan-riquelme.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/07/05/article-0-01DA60DF00000578-268_468x577.jpg
https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/dM3GtRrM53qPOBSO8fgYBhhNscQ=/0x127:2924x2076/1310x873/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/49142693/GettyImages-459830564.0.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/690965507198029824/3quC3A7L.jpg
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/KLmDqr1j5Xo/maxresdefault.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/cd/01/e1/cd01e14f39e8c0e88334e30d40825e7a.jpg
How many of these are native Americans tho??

TheMan
06-09-2016, 09:26 AM
How many of these are native Americans tho??
Riquelme obviously has some native American ancestry...also the GOAT American soccer player, Diego Armando Maradona

ballinhun8
06-09-2016, 09:44 AM
Some games just aren't going to sell well here.

We don't have that many Peruvian or Ecuadorian immigrants.

But Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, hell Costa Rica, El Salvador, Honduras, they can easily pack these NFL sized stadiums. I expect Gillette to be packed 60k on Sunday for Brazil. It was the time I went.

Nick Young
06-09-2016, 10:17 AM
USA football fed only gets money from this tournament via gate receipts. That's why the ticket prices are so outrageously high.

Andrew Wiggins
06-10-2016, 09:09 AM
goal of the year if muslera didn't make that unbelievable sale
https://streamable.com/d39h

9erempiree
06-10-2016, 09:18 AM
Unbelievable save? Another day at the office for American keepers.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/vice_asset_uploader/files/1402586091clintdempseyrap1.gif
https://s3.amazonaws.com/vice_asset_uploader/files/1402586091clintdempseyrap3.gif
https://s3.amazonaws.com/vice_asset_uploader/files/1402586091clintdempseyrap2.gif

Hawker
06-10-2016, 09:33 AM
Unbelievable save? Another day at the office for American keepers.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/vice_asset_uploader/files/1402586091clintdempseyrap1.gif
https://s3.amazonaws.com/vice_asset_uploader/files/1402586091clintdempseyrap3.gif
https://s3.amazonaws.com/vice_asset_uploader/files/1402586091clintdempseyrap2.gif

Guy was way out of position. :lol

Great awareness by that venezuelan player though.

Jasi
06-10-2016, 11:07 AM
That's actually an awesome save and way more challenging than the dull Howard save you all brag about.

9erempiree
06-10-2016, 11:23 PM
Messi ballin out there.

Nick Young
06-10-2016, 11:42 PM
That's actually an awesome save and way more challenging than the dull Howard save you all brag about.
Buffon has never produced anything close to Howard's sick save, let alone his all time great performance vs Belgium.

alenleomessi
06-11-2016, 03:08 AM
im liking the new look

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkomuwlVEAE7XiJ.jpg

Nick Young
06-11-2016, 11:40 AM
What's with these struggles with the national anthems? :oldlol:
It is a deliberate statement. We are America. We are better than the rest of the world, yes, even better than the corrupt 3rd world hellhole you live in known as Italy.

9erempiree
06-11-2016, 06:30 PM
Do or die. We have to win this game.

Nick Young
06-11-2016, 06:38 PM
Time to kick Paraguay's ass:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Nick Young
06-11-2016, 06:57 PM
Bradley better not play like shit today. We need him at his best if we want to break down Paraguay's world class defense.

9erempiree
06-11-2016, 07:03 PM
National anthem always give me chills.

Lets do this.

We got a chance to win this damn tourney.

Nick Young
06-11-2016, 07:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl_JNTCNH2k

so ****ing hyped.

We have a good team but Paraguay are a South American footballing super power. This will require we play at our best and don't make stupid mistakes in the back.

SAKOTXA
06-11-2016, 07:09 PM
Usa Usa Usa!

Nick Young
06-11-2016, 07:11 PM
Paraguay playing like dirty Uruguayans with these hacks and tackles. Disgusting.

9erempiree
06-11-2016, 07:12 PM
Good try Fabian

9erempiree
06-11-2016, 07:16 PM
They're trying to hurt players out there.

Nick Young
06-11-2016, 07:16 PM
John Brooks you legend:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

SAKOTXA
06-11-2016, 07:17 PM
Brooks goat

9erempiree
06-11-2016, 07:17 PM
Brooks!

9erempiree
06-11-2016, 07:18 PM
We were about to bend over right there.

Nick Young
06-11-2016, 07:18 PM
John "Cena" Brooks
http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2014/news/140630/john-brooks-600.jpg

9erempiree
06-11-2016, 07:22 PM
This is some jungle ball.

They're playing dirty as F

Nick Young
06-11-2016, 07:24 PM
USA playing beautiful football. Very exciting game!

9erempiree
06-11-2016, 07:25 PM
Come on men.

Nick Young
06-11-2016, 07:29 PM
Start giving yellows to these cheating pieces of trash! Ref needs to reign these Paraguayan thugs in.

9erempiree
06-11-2016, 07:30 PM
We're playing well too.

Nick Young
06-11-2016, 07:32 PM
We're playing well too.
Very creative and direct play, this is the best I've ever seen USA play offensively.

Nick Young
06-11-2016, 07:33 PM
This is incredible. I have never seen USA play such beautiful passing football like what's going on in this game. Paraguay have a great organized defense and we are tearing them apart. Dempsey!

9erempiree
06-11-2016, 07:33 PM
We good or what.

Beauty.

SAKOTXA
06-11-2016, 07:34 PM
Yess. Let's ****ing go

TheMan
06-11-2016, 07:35 PM
Ramon Diaz is still coaching?

9erempiree
06-11-2016, 07:37 PM
Very creative and direct play, this is the best I've ever seen USA play offensively.

You're correct.

They look better than the whooping they put ob Costa Rica.

Nick Young
06-11-2016, 08:10 PM
what is this piece of shit ref doing?

rigged. Paraguayan mafiosos threatened the refs family during half time.

9erempiree
06-11-2016, 08:12 PM
Not good bro.

This is going to be nervous time.

All we need is a tie.

Nick Young
06-11-2016, 08:22 PM
this ref has it in for us. What is his nationality?

bdreason
06-11-2016, 08:22 PM
Yedlin. :facepalm

Nick Young
06-11-2016, 08:24 PM
Zardes you idiot! Put that in and we win the game!

bdreason
06-11-2016, 08:26 PM
Watching both these teams try and finish is hilarious. Some serious C-level soccer being played here. :oldlol:

9erempiree
06-11-2016, 08:26 PM
What you doing zardes.

Nick Young
06-11-2016, 08:27 PM
Zardes better step his shit up to make up for that jabroni miss just now

Nick Young
06-11-2016, 08:28 PM
Ref!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

look at these kiss ass paraguay players running over to make sure the ref is ok.

THIS GAME IS RIGGED. **** THIS REF. **** THIS PANAMA REF COMING IN!

9erempiree
06-11-2016, 08:30 PM
Sub that ref out. They got backups.

Nick Young
06-11-2016, 08:33 PM
This bullshit cheating paraguay team:mad: :mad: :mad:

9erempiree
06-11-2016, 08:35 PM
Third world third rate shit.

Nick Young
06-11-2016, 08:35 PM
Bedoya doing great work tonight. One of our unsung heroes, a true Florent Malouda.

Nick Young
06-11-2016, 08:44 PM
USA! USA! USA! USA!:banana: :banana: :banana:

bdreason
06-11-2016, 08:44 PM
This match is a complete shit-show. :oldlol:

Nick Young
06-11-2016, 08:51 PM
Paraguay get rekt:lol

Hawker
06-11-2016, 08:53 PM
six minute fugggg

9erempiree
06-11-2016, 08:54 PM
F them.

F the ref.

9erempiree
06-11-2016, 09:00 PM
We won!

Tough when the ref is trying to stop you too.

Andrew Wiggins
06-11-2016, 09:28 PM
caught the end of this as i just came home. brooks is an impressive player

impressive organization from the us even with 10 man. rarely looked threatened defensively

Nick Young
06-11-2016, 09:34 PM
Costa Rica taking it to Colombia :lol 1-1 12 minutes in

Mr. Jabbar
06-11-2016, 10:38 PM
Costa Rica taking it to Colombia :lol 1-1 12 minutes in

1-3 :roll:

Nick Young
06-11-2016, 10:41 PM
1-3 :roll:
Colombia getting BODIED.

CONCACAF>>>>ALL:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Hawker
06-11-2016, 10:49 PM
USA gonna finish tops.

http://i.imgur.com/cZyM2hL.gif

9erempiree
06-11-2016, 10:55 PM
USA gonna finish tops.

http://i.imgur.com/cZyM2hL.gif

This.

We dont play Brazil.

Hawker
06-12-2016, 11:01 PM
Brazil Fail

9erempiree
06-12-2016, 11:11 PM
Ouch Brazil.:lol

9erempiree
06-12-2016, 11:16 PM
As it stands:

Group A:

USA
Colombia

Group B:

Peru
Ecuador

Group C:

Mexico
Venezuela

Group D:

Argentina
Chile/Panama

TheMan
06-13-2016, 08:05 PM
http://drowinsky.startlogic.com/soccerjerseysclub/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/mexico-jersey1.png
Vamos Mexico :rockon:

9erempiree
06-13-2016, 08:06 PM
Lets hope the Mexico's fans don't throw stuff at Black players.

TheMan
06-13-2016, 08:33 PM
Lets hope the Mexico's fans don't throw stuff at Black players.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/91/fa/78/91fa78960d8fc163451aa00ab892d92f.jpg
Paz y amor

Hawker
06-13-2016, 08:42 PM
Nice Venezuela.

If Mexico finishes second, chance for USA vs. Mexico in Houston in the semi-finals. I'm actually going to that game...if USA-Mexico happens I better be armored up to the teeth.

9erempiree
06-13-2016, 08:46 PM
Nice Venezuela.

If Mexico finishes second, chance for USA vs. Mexico in Houston in the semi-finals. I'm actually going to that game...if USA-Mexico happens I better be armored up to the teeth.

Watch out for protesting.

TheMan
06-13-2016, 08:48 PM
That was a clear handball, a missed penalty kick in favor of Mexico.

TheMan
06-13-2016, 08:50 PM
Do you always have to be a douchebag?

Hawker
06-13-2016, 08:51 PM

Probably won't be protesting but Mexican fans (generally) aren't known for being classy.

TheMan
06-13-2016, 09:00 PM
Nice Venezuela.

I haven't been watching very closely this Copa America so if Mexico ends up second, they go up against the US and Venezuela as the winner of their group goes up against Colombia?

If that's the case, I'd much rather face the US than Colombia...truth.

Hawker
06-13-2016, 09:08 PM
I haven't been watching very closely this Copa America so if Mexico ends up second, they go up against the US and Venezuela as the winner of their group goes up against Colombia?

If that's the case, I'd much rather face the US than Colombia...truth.

There's a quarterfinals before that.

USA is playing Ecuador in the quarters and Colombia is playing Peru.

Mexico will play the 1st/2nd place team in group D (Argentina or Panama/Chile). If Mexico loses today, likely Argentina but if they win likely Panama/Chile.

If Mexico finishes 2nd, beats Argentina and USA beats Ecuador in the quarters they play each other in the semi-finals.

Can't disagree that you'd rather face USA. USA is looking pretty good these past two games though.

Hawker
06-13-2016, 09:47 PM
golazo magnifico

TheMan
06-13-2016, 10:10 PM
Mexico dominated but we'll take the tie and with it Group C winner :applause:

Nick Young
06-14-2016, 10:05 PM
Mexico vs Chile incoming.

Mexico is about to get their shit stuffed in and sodomized in both eyes. 5-1 Chili.

Messi needs to score another hattrick this game vs Bolivia, otherwise he has no right to call himself the best player in the world. he hasn't even won an International trophy.

Kiddlovesnets
06-14-2016, 10:08 PM
Copa America has caught up in goals per game after a boring first round, now averaging 2.87 goals/game. On the other hand, Euro cup is averaging less than 2 goals per game, speaking of boredom and ugliness.
:sleeping

Nick Young
06-14-2016, 10:10 PM
Copa America has caught up in goals per game after a boring first round, now averaging 2.87 goals/game. On the other hand, Euro cup is averaging less than 2 goals per game, speaking of boredom and ugliness.
:sleeping
American football is better than Snoozefest euro ball. What's new?:confusedshrug: There's a reason all of the best flair players in Europe ARE AMERICAN.

9erempiree
06-14-2016, 11:42 PM
Argentina is too too damn good.

Messi putting on a show.

9erempiree
06-14-2016, 11:52 PM
Lavezzi out. He doesn't belong on this team.

TheMan
06-14-2016, 11:52 PM
Mexico vs Chile incoming.

Mexico is about to get their shit stuffed in and sodomized in both eyes. 5-1 Chili.

Messi needs to score another hattrick this game vs Bolivia, otherwise he has no right to call himself the best player in the world. he hasn't even won an International trophy.
Wanna make it interesting?

Avi bet, you use the avi I choose for the rest of 2016 if I win and vice versa.

9erempiree
06-14-2016, 11:57 PM
Wow!

Messi nutmegs goalie. Haha.

Too bad offsides. That was sick.

9erempiree
06-15-2016, 01:07 AM
Dunga fired.

It was a debacle from the beginning. Defensive Brazil? Lol

alenleomessi
06-15-2016, 03:28 AM
why is claudio bravo's identical twin in chile's goal?

9erempiree
06-15-2016, 04:13 AM
Biglia should be playing a lot more. The man was all over the place when he came on. Returning from injury.

WTF is he doing at Lazio?

9erempiree
06-15-2016, 05:04 AM
It's about to get spicy...many of you guys already know but here are the KO stage.
http://s31.postimg.org/fyssame3v/Firefox_Screenshot_2016_06_15_T09_03_16_884_Z.png

Hawker
06-15-2016, 06:25 AM
It's about to get spicy...many of you guys already know but here are the KO stage.
http://s31.postimg.org/fyssame3v/Firefox_Screenshot_2016_06_15_T09_03_16_884_Z.png

Homer Pick:

USA Beats Ecuador 3-0
Argentina beats Venezuela 2-0
Colombia beats Peru 1-0
Mexico beats Chile in PKs

USA beats Argentina 1-0
Mexico beats Colombia 2-1

USA beats Mexico 2-0 (dos a cero)

Realistic Pick:

USA beats Ecuador 2-1
Argentina beats Venezuela 2-0
Colombia beats Peru 1-0
Chile beats Mexico in PKs

Argentina beats USA 3-1
Chile beats Colombia 2-1

Argentina beats Chile 3-0

kurple
06-15-2016, 07:59 AM
American football is better than Snoozefest euro ball. What's new?:confusedshrug: There's a reason all of the best flair players in Europe ARE AMERICAN.
And almost all those americans are in fact European

Nick Young
06-15-2016, 08:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-befR4wHsjQ

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

alenleomessi
06-15-2016, 09:00 PM
messi not shaving until argentina wins a trophy

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ck9cFYmWEAAY1pY.jpg

Lebowsky
06-16-2016, 12:16 AM
messi not shaving until argentina wins a trophy

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ck9cFYmWEAAY1pY.jpg
This is him in a few years:
http://cdn.list25.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/191.jpg

alenleomessi
06-16-2016, 03:38 AM
they have venezuela and ecuador/usa on the road to the final.. it would be plain embarassing if they dont win it this year

for whatever reason i thought banega is like 33 or something.. the guy is 27 going on 28 this summer.. so even younger than messi..he finally started playing well.. argentina missed a playmaker since riquelme retired which was almost a decade ago.. hopefully his move to inter doesnt screw him up

SAKOTXA
06-16-2016, 04:47 AM
they have venezuela and ecuador/usa on the road to the final.. it would be plain embarassing if they dont win it this year

for whatever reason i thought banega is like 33 or something.. the guy is 27 going on 28 this summer.. so even younger than messi..he finally started playing well.. argentina missed a playmaker since riquelme retired which was almost a decade ago.. hopefully his move to inter doesnt screw him up
US gonna whoop dat ass on their way to the final against Mexico

Jasi
06-16-2016, 08:40 AM

Yeah Banega's move is puzzling.
Inter have just been sold to a new, richer Chinese group, but these kind of ownership is far from being like the Arabs and Russians who just want to put money and enjoy the show... they invest in European football for geopolitical and business reasons... so they will probably grow, but slowly and carefully.

9erempiree
06-16-2016, 01:04 PM
USA/Ecuador tonight and it conflicts with NBA Finals.

WTF am I going to do?

9erempiree
06-16-2016, 09:38 PM
Do or die.

Time to show our clutchness.

ballinhun8
06-16-2016, 09:50 PM
My god. Gonna have to drop $200 to watch ARG on Saturday but it's worth it. Who k ows if or when Messi returns.

Have to watch him live.

9erempiree
06-16-2016, 09:58 PM
Dempsey!

1-0

Lets do this.

SAKOTXA
06-16-2016, 10:03 PM
USA/Ecuador tonight and it conflicts with NBA Finals.

WTF am I going to do?
http://i65.tinypic.com/dmcglt.jpg
That's how I do it :oldlol:

9erempiree
06-16-2016, 10:14 PM

TVs in patio for the win.

Canelo_Griffin
06-16-2016, 10:57 PM

Pass me a Modelo :pimp:

9erempiree
06-16-2016, 11:02 PM
Zardes!

2-0

Americans coming through.

9erempiree
06-16-2016, 11:10 PM
Oh no.

9erempiree
06-16-2016, 11:31 PM
Woooooooo!

Hyped. On to next round.

Jurgen In.

Grinder
06-17-2016, 12:05 AM
Awfully quiet in here. Where the haters at?

Semifinals vs. Argentina baby!

Hawker
06-17-2016, 01:17 AM
Great win but not too fond of losing Jones/Bedoya/Wood for the semi finals.

I think we can replace bedoya and wood but who do we put in for Jones? No way we have a midfield of bradley and beckermann. Beckermann doesn't have the pace for Argentina and bradley isn't a great offensive playmaker and neither is Beckermann.

Possibly put in Nagbe for Jones? Zusi for Bedoya? Not sure what to do with Wood.

Also, need to stop playing dirty south american's game when they aren't getting their way. When that valencia foul happened, USA should've cruised to a 2-0 victory with 11 v 10. Keep your cool.

Refs sucked in the 2nd half. Jurgen maybe could've subbed earlier before Ecuador scored but overall great job by the team. Jurgen gets so fired up man I love it.

Kiddlovesnets
06-17-2016, 01:19 AM
We won, an impressive performance. Dont like our chance against Argentina though, but we can pray for a miracle.

9erempiree
06-17-2016, 02:20 PM

I think we can replace bedoya and wood but who do we put in for Jones? No way we have a midfield of bradley and beckermann. Beckermann doesn't have the pace for Argentina and bradley isn't a great offensive playmaker and neither is Beckermann.

Possibly put in Nagbe for Jones? Zusi for Bedoya? Not sure what to do with Wood.

Also, need to stop playing dirty south american's game when they aren't getting their way. When that valencia foul happened, USA should've cruised to a 2-0 victory with 11 v 10. Keep your cool.

Refs sucked in the 2nd half. Jurgen maybe could've subbed earlier before Ecuador scored but overall great job by the team. Jurgen gets so fired up man I love it.

Most likely Beckermann.

I didn't hear about Wood's injury.

Grinder
06-17-2016, 02:24 PM

Wood and Jones are the two biggest losses. The way Wood stretches the backline is something that none of our other strikers can do. Jones always shows up for big games.

I think we go with something like this:

Guzan
Yedlin - Cameron - Brooks - Johnson
Beckerman - Bradley - Nagbe
Zardes - Dempsey - Zusi

I'd love to see Pulisic in there on the left but I doubt he'll throw him in there against Argentina. Beckerman is so slow but I don't see any other viable options in the midfield. Perry Kitchen doesn't have a good enough range of passing. Some poor roster selections (Wondo? Seriously?) by Klinsmann really hurt our depth.

9erempiree
06-17-2016, 08:33 PM
James with a great shot with his weak foot.

Just off by a little bit.

The crowd is great. A bunch of beautiful people.

9erempiree
06-17-2016, 08:37 PM
This game has great intensity.

Very entertaining.

Better than any game I watched from the Euros.

Nick Young
06-17-2016, 08:53 PM
What happened to Jordan Morris? He looked good a few games I saw him for USA.

Beckerman-Bradley-Zusi
Zardes-Dempsey-??????

would be what I want to see

Maybe Pulisic or Julian Green should get a chance to start.

9erempiree
06-17-2016, 10:10 PM
Ospina great save.

9erempiree
06-17-2016, 10:14 PM
Wow.

That was a dramatic shootout.

James crying. Everyone crying.

Ospina is clutch American keeper.

kurple
06-17-2016, 10:14 PM
Damn

9erempiree
06-17-2016, 10:18 PM
What happened to Jordan Morris? He looked good a few games I saw him for USA.

Beckerman-Bradley-Zusi
Zardes-Dempsey-??????

would be what I want to see

Maybe Pulisic or Julian Green should get a chance to start.

JK chose Wondo over him.

Nick Young
06-17-2016, 10:28 PM
Klinnsmann needs to unleash the twin beasts that are Pulisic and Green. We are playing well but why purposefully handicap ourselves by leaving out two premier attacking talents?

Bedoya will be missed that man works his ass off every game.

TheMan
06-18-2016, 12:17 AM
Klinnsmann needs to unleash the twin beasts that are Pulisic and Green. We are playing well but why purposefully handicap ourselves by leaving out two premier attacking talents?

Bedoya will be missed that man works his ass off every game.
Why won't you take my bet?

You said Chile would stomp Mexico 5-1, I offered an avi bet and you ignored me.

TheMan
06-18-2016, 12:20 AM
Argentina gon' take the US soul

Nick Young
06-18-2016, 01:16 PM
Why won't you take my bet?

You said Chile would stomp Mexico 5-1, I offered an avi bet and you ignored me.

The lion does not concern himself with the daily affairs of grazing sheep.

livinglegend
06-18-2016, 01:20 PM
For some reason, soccer has become so boring. The euro cup and copa games are unwatchable.
I guess it's the stars not having as much impact as in bball. I watched the Ronaldo game the other day, he was basically a play finisher like Tyson Chandler ( waiting for a cp3 to make a great pass for him). He couldn't do anything on his own.
Only Messi games are watchable.
And the bad teams playing only defense for a tie or a penalty kick out the whole game doesn't help also.

alenleomessi
06-18-2016, 07:16 PM
arg up 1-0.. great finish by higuain after messi's assist

Nick Young
06-18-2016, 08:33 PM
For some reason, soccer has become so boring. The euro cup and copa games are unwatchable.
I guess it's the stars not having as much impact as in bball. I watched the Ronaldo game the other day, he was basically a play finisher like Tyson Chandler ( waiting for a cp3 to make a great pass for him). He couldn't do anything on his own.
Only Messi games are watchable.
And the bad teams playing only defense for a tie or a penalty kick out the whole game doesn't help also.
The Copa has been incredible. American football is the best in the world and has been showcased well in this tournament.

TheMan
06-18-2016, 08:45 PM
The lion does not concern himself with the daily affairs of grazing sheep.
Riiiiight

Cute lil tourney by the US but it ends on Tuesday against los Argentinos.

4-0 my prediction.

Kiddlovesnets
06-18-2016, 09:18 PM
Looks like we have to face Argentina then. I dont mind a loss, but I hope we play at our very best, give them as much challenge as we can.

TheMan
06-18-2016, 10:05 PM
Chile is gonna be a tough opponent.

Hawker
06-18-2016, 10:55 PM
Mexico letting CONCACAF down. Step it up guys. Tired of USA doing the heavy lifting.

Chile's tic tac play in the box is amazing.

TheMan
06-18-2016, 10:55 PM
La Roja putting on a clinic :(
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/28/9e/5d/289e5d500a9e49b5afd653c5b1e357ca.jpg

Hawker
06-18-2016, 10:58 PM
Keep posting hotties.

TheMan
06-18-2016, 11:00 PM
Mexico letting CONCACAF down. Step it up guys. Tired of USA doing the heavy lifting.

Chile's tic tac play in the box is amazing.
And on defense, they always got two defenders on Mexico's offfensive players it seems. A deserved 2 nil score, gonna be tough to come back...

To be fair, there's a hefty difference between facing Ecuador or Chile.

Hawker
06-18-2016, 11:16 PM
And on defense, they always got two defenders on Mexico's offfensive players it seems. A deserved 2 nil score, gonna be tough to come back...

To be fair, there's a hefty difference between facing Ecuador or Chile.

So true man. Chile is looking amazing this game.
Should be s good final with them in it.

Just talking a little shit. Mexico fans throwing shit on the field...come on guys.