PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, who would of thought Curry would overtake LeBron as the NBAs best player?

1987_Lakers
02-25-2016, 01:01 AM
LeBron by many people was considered the league's best player every year since 2009, this season is probably the first year since 2008 where the majority of people have someone else as the best player at the moment, and that guy is Curry. A player who had some question marks coming out of college, wasn't even a top 5 pick, spent his first few years injured with numerous ankle injuries. Around 2012 & 2013 alot of people thought Kevin Durant or maybe Anthony Davis would be the players that would eventually overtake LeBron, but Steph Curry? That pretty much came out of nowhere, even when he fixed the ankle issues and was putting up big numbers no one considered him in LeBron's league. Now today as I type this he is coming off an MVP season with a championship and is on his way to winning another MVP while having probably the GOAT point guard season averaging 30 PPG and is shooting the ball like no other player has.

JZ600
02-25-2016, 01:04 AM
I love curry but still not convinced hes better than lebron yet

Take curry off warriors they are still top 5 in the west.

Take lebron off cavs = lottery

Cant wait for playoffs

JohnFreeman
Well LeBron is getting older and someone else like Curry or Durant were always going to take over

Stout
Not me. I expected a top 1 or 2 pick who was hyped to eventually do it, such as Durant or Anthony Davis. I thought Curry would be an all-star level player at best.

SouBeachTalents
02-25-2016, 01:05 AM
As recently as 2014 I doubt anyone would. Dude had just made the All-Star/All-NBA Teams for the first time in his career in '14. I'm sure the majority would have said Durant then, or AD last year

JZ600
02-25-2016, 01:07 AM
Still dont know how steph made the transition from amazing shooter to GOAT shooter in matter of months.....

red1
02-25-2016, 01:08 AM
I thought curry would be good coming out of college and wanted to draft him as well but GOAT 3 point shooter and elite offensive player all-time? No one saw that coming including golden state. Very impressive.

kamil
02-25-2016, 01:10 AM
Re: Seriously, who would of thought Curry would overtake LeBron as the NBAs best player?

'...who would HAVE thought...'

Do you even English, bro?

Milbuck
02-25-2016, 01:10 AM
It wasn't really that far fetched to be honest. Dude was snubbed from the AS game in '13 and had some absolutely FILTHY performances in the playoffs that year. The 44/11 he dropped on San Antonio was just special, the talent was obvious. Of course you wouldn't have fully expected him to get this good, but he's been a clear top 3 PG for years and it wasn't impossible. Something totally unexpected would be a guy like Butler going from role player to arguable top 10 player in 2 years.

1987_Lakers
02-25-2016, 01:12 AM
'...who would HAVE thought...'

Do you even English, bro?

"HAVE" wouldn't fit in the thread title.

Prime_Shaq
02-25-2016, 01:15 AM
I was really high on Curry coming out of college but what he has been achieving this season and the last was beyond what I fathom for him.

sportjames23
02-25-2016, 01:15 AM
I'll admit it--I did think Steph would overtake Bran. :pimp:

kamil
02-25-2016, 01:29 AM

Solution:

would've

AintNoSunshine
02-25-2016, 01:29 AM

Is that why you left off "in the regular season" too? Because Bron still outplayed him by a wide margin when they met.

plowking
02-25-2016, 01:33 AM
Is that why you left off "in the regular season" too? Because Bron still outplayed him by a wide margin when they met.

Curry was better in the playoffs as a whole than Bron was.

L.Kizzle
02-25-2016, 01:36 AM
As recently as 2014 I doubt anyone would. Dude had just made the All-Star/All-NBA Teams for the first time in his career in '14. I'm sure the majority would have said Durant then, or AD last year
He should have been an All-Star in 2013, but that's another story.

But hell, I thought Brandon Jennings was gonna be the star guard coming out of that draft. And then Tyreke Evans won rookie of the year. And than James Harden started to make noise in OKC (and later Houston.) And Steph was over in Oakland twisting his ankles every 2 weeks ... And now this.

:biggums:

Nope, didn't see it coming.

L8krH8tr
02-25-2016, 01:36 AM
Would still take Lebron

Segatti
02-25-2016, 01:41 AM
Lebron was the best player of the last year's playoffs, still the best until proven otherwise.

FashionIssues
02-25-2016, 01:44 AM
young champs. young boss. do what he wanna do on offense. curry sittin nice with competent team mates. leaping over lebrons worth

sd3035
02-25-2016, 01:45 AM
Curry actually overtook Durant

ballinhun8
02-25-2016, 01:53 AM
Lebron was the best player of the last year's playoffs, still the best until proven otherwise.

Wait lol.

So beating Lebron's team wasn't proving it to you?

Mr. Jabbar
02-25-2016, 01:56 AM
everyone?

Cocaine80s
02-25-2016, 01:59 AM

Black and White
02-25-2016, 02:01 AM
Someone was going to take over eventually, but let's be honest, nobody thought it was going to be Curry

SwishSquared
02-25-2016, 02:06 AM
I thought AD or KD would be the undisputed best for a couple-year run immediately after LBJ declined too much to be the best player, but had no clue Curry would reach this level. I thought Curry would max out as a top 5 ish player who would get MVP votes consistently for a few years, but in all likelihood would be have a tough time beating out the others to win it.

Segatti
02-25-2016, 02:11 AM
Wait lol.

So beating Lebron's team wasn't proving it to you?

Nope. Lebron outplayed every other player that series.

24-Inch_Chrome
02-25-2016, 02:15 AM
No one. Anyone saying that they predicted him being this good is lying.

The Macho Man
02-25-2016, 02:29 AM
You think you put lebron on golden state and he's not clearly the best player on the team?

Curry having a better season on a much better team but lebron still better player

ballinhun8
02-25-2016, 02:37 AM
You think you put lebron on golden state and he's not clearly the best player on the team?

Curry having a better season on a much better team but lebron still better player

Nah. He was. He had a good run. But it's over as far as him being the best on the planet.

10 out of 10 guys would rather have the task of defending Bron than trying to guard Curry.

ballin33
02-25-2016, 02:52 AM
Nobody could, simply Steph Curry has the greatest hand eye coordination/reflexes of all time. The most impressive part is he averages 30 ppg on only 34 minutes per game. God, top 5 offensive peak.

Heavincent
02-25-2016, 03:36 AM
Anybody who thinks Lebron is better right now is straight up delusional :oldlol:

plowking
02-25-2016, 03:42 AM
Curry actually overtook Durant

That happened before he overtook Bron.

SyRyanYang
02-25-2016, 03:43 AM

Cant wait for playoffs

lol you clearly don't love Curry nor do you watch the Warriors

Take curry off warriors = lottery

Take lebron off cavs they are still top 5 in the East

LakersForlife
02-25-2016, 04:32 AM

Cant wait for playoffs
ha thats funny last time i checked warriors are 16th best team in the west without curry

DCL
02-25-2016, 04:59 AM
not gonna enter the debate of who is the best player, but just the fact that curry has come from relatively humble beginnings and entered the valid discussion of all-time greats is already impressive.

nobody had any of these thoughts five years ago. he "power-ed up" like a motherf*gga.

GoSpursGo1984
02-25-2016, 05:55 AM
I did not because I though it would be Durant and it was for a year he just did not keep it up.

!@#$%Vectors!@#
02-25-2016, 06:13 AM
I knew he was special the moment he shat on the knicks even with a shitty coach like Jackson. :pimp:

JK. I knew he was very underrated but never knew he would shatter the delusions of everyone and grab that mantle as hard as he did.

coin24
02-25-2016, 08:06 AM
Nope. Lebron outplayed every other player that series.

Another alt really?? It's time to get help

IllegalD
02-25-2016, 08:07 AM
LeBron Famiglia avoiding this thread like the plague. :dancin

Mr Feeny
02-25-2016, 08:24 AM

Tbf Curry passes Kobe on the all time list with an mvp and fmvp double this year :hammertime:

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/25100000/federer-gif-roger-federer-25160951-500-216.gif

Kingwillball
02-25-2016, 10:56 AM
Anybody who thinks Lebron is better right now is straight up delusional :oldlol:

Will bump in June..

plowking
02-25-2016, 10:58 AM
Will bump in June..

Doesn't matter who wins in June. Curry is still better.

Kingwillball
02-25-2016, 11:00 AM

Lol.. Prove it in playoffs and head to head in finals last year was outplayed by IGGY who was outplayed by lebron lol

sd3035
02-25-2016, 11:04 AM
Lol.. Prove it in playoffs and head to head in finals last year was outplayed by IGGY who was outplayed by lebron lol

how to teammates outplay each other head to head? Or were you referring to Lebald? In which case I agree, Iggy thoroughly outplayed Lebald

Uncle Drew
02-25-2016, 11:08 AM
:roll:

jimmy77x
02-25-2016, 11:17 AM
Bran stans still delusional, they simply can't handle the fact curry is better :lol let it go stans it's over lebald had his time.

Kingwillball
02-25-2016, 11:58 AM
Doesn't matter who wins in June. Curry is still better.

Really if lebron wins finals MVP and cavs win that is that ..

Kingwillball
02-25-2016, 12:01 PM
Bran stans still delusional, they simply can't handle the fact curry is better :lol let it go stans it's over lebald had his time.

Curry is a scrawny b!tch that looks like he is 15 please a great season does not mean he is a better overall player even at this stage for lebron. Oh btw curry not even close to lebron on all time lists either has to play like this for another 5+ years which won't happen ..

guy
02-25-2016, 12:07 PM

Seriously. Just led his team to a championship, was the best player in the playoffs overall last year, is leading his team to the greatest season ever while being statistically superior to everyone including Lebron. Seriously, what argument does Lebron even have? Do people realize Lebron is on the decline and hasn't won a championship in three years now? Oh wait, Finals appearances are the new championships :rolleyes:

jimmy77x
02-25-2016, 12:13 PM
Curry is a scrawny b!tch that looks like he is 15 please a great season does not mean he is a better overall player even at this stage for lebron. Oh btw curry not even close to lebron on all time lists either has to play like this for another 5+ years which won't happen ..

You seem visibly upset Curry is the best player in the world right now. Time to let it go dude, this isn't 2012 anymore it's over. Curry will dominate the league for the next 4-5 years and you will cry like a bitch when you are proven wrong once again :lol

TAZORAC
02-25-2016, 12:14 PM
LeBron by many people was considered the league's best player every year since 2009, this season is probably the first year since 2008 where the majority of people have someone else as the best player at the moment, and that guy is Curry. A player who had some question marks coming out of college, wasn't even a top 5 pick, spent his first few years injured with numerous ankle injuries. Around 2012 & 2013 alot of people thought Kevin Durant or maybe Anthony Davis would be the players that would eventually overtake LeBron, but Steph Curry? That pretty much came out of nowhere, even when he fixed the ankle issues and was putting up big numbers no one considered him in LeBron's league. Now today as I type this he is coming off an MVP season with a championship and is on his way to winning another MVP while having probably the GOAT point guard season averaging 30 PPG and is shooting the ball like no other player has.

Lebron James has been the best player in the NBA since 2006. If you put Steph Curry on a bad team, he's on Anthony Davis level.

Lakersfamftw
02-25-2016, 12:16 PM
Lebron James has been the best player in the NBA since 2006. If you put Steph Curry on a bad team, he's on Anthony Davis level.

No that would be Kobe Bryant. Stop being an idiot. Atleast till 2011 Kobe was the best. Then he got injured and the rest of the field took over. Don't be a troll.

Rocketswin2013
02-25-2016, 12:16 PM
Still dont know how steph made the transition from amazing shooter to GOAT shooter in matter of months.....
he was always the goat shooter.

Harison
02-25-2016, 03:58 PM
Someone was going to take over eventually, but let's be honest, nobody thought it was going to be Curry
This. I knew Curry was good, but All-star good, not GOAT shooter and clear-cut MVP good.

Some years back AMC had constant problem with glass ankless... I was afraid he wont reach his potential, what to speak of eclipsing everyones expectations.

Overdrive
02-25-2016, 04:19 PM

Alot of players in the NBA can score given the touches. The - called by his fans - most dominant player of the last 10 or so years in the NBA gets held to <40% shooting on single coverage is nothing to brag about.

inclinerator
02-25-2016, 04:35 PM
that ******* sold his soul to the devil

Black and White
02-25-2016, 05:05 PM

plowking
02-25-2016, 05:15 PM
Really if lebron wins finals MVP and cavs win that is that ..

Cool. So Lebron wasn't the best player until 2012 going by your arbitrary and stupid logic.

Nick Young
02-25-2016, 05:16 PM

Cant wait for playoffs
Maybe they could get a 5 seed but they'd have zero shot at winning a title without Curry.

Iggy, Green and Klay as the top 3 players and Shaun Livingstone as starting PG? ZERO shot of even getting to the WCF.

Doctor K
02-25-2016, 05:16 PM

Damn brother

You brought me to tears with that one. Well said.

Stout
02-25-2016, 05:26 PM
Maybe they could get a 5 seed but they'd have zero shot at winning a title without Curry.

Iggy, Green and Klay as the top 3 players and Shaun Livingstone as starting PG? ZERO shot of even getting to the WCF.
This.

Inferno
02-25-2016, 05:27 PM
I'll be honest...I didn't. :confusedshrug: He was for sure a top 3 PG since like 2013, but I didn't think he'd be this good :bowdown:

Kingwillball
02-25-2016, 05:33 PM
Cool. So Lebron wasn't the best player until 2012 going by your arbitrary and stupid logic.

No he has been best player in finals last 4 years win or lose if he is again shows he is still best player in world when it matters.. Only way curry gets nod in my mind warriors beat cavs head to head and curry is clear cut best player on court in doing so unlike last years finals..

Collie
02-25-2016, 07:50 PM
Curry is the only player I can think of who exploded from "regular" star to best player in the league in such a short amount of time (not counting HS stars like Kobe). Usually, you already have an idea if the player is gonna be a potential top 15 one in just his rookie season alone. Even Kobe already looked like a future HOF once he hit 21. 21 year old Curry was a borderline star.

Black and White
02-25-2016, 07:55 PM
No he has been best player in finals last 4 years win or lose if he is again shows he is still best player in world when it matters.. Only way curry gets nod in my mind warriors beat cavs head to head and curry is clear cut best player on court in doing so unlike last years finals..

Personally I think Curry was better in last years finals, LeBron's stats were because of his sheer volume, but let's be honest, LeBron has no case over Curry this year, none. LeBron is still top 3 however, fair?

plowking
02-25-2016, 08:07 PM

So since 2012 like I said...

Black and White
02-25-2016, 08:10 PM
So since 2012 like I said...

Based on his critera, KG was the best player in the league in 2008

LARRY BROWN
02-25-2016, 08:36 PM
LeBron has 2 rings,,,,,,,,curry only has one.

he still has to one this year

and clippers and thunder and ready to kill the warriors!:lebronamazed:

ILLsmak
02-25-2016, 08:48 PM

Cant wait for playoffs

wat. haha. The warriors would have a v hard time creating a shot without Curry. Curry is about the same as Bron in terms of team importance on O. He makes tons of big shots as well as dictates the offense. Now, if we were talking about prime Bron it might be closer, but we all know Bron is not in his prime anymore.

-Smak

jimmy77x
02-25-2016, 09:31 PM
Personally I think Curry was better in last years finals, LeBron's stats were because of his sheer volume, but let's be honest, LeBron has no case over Curry this year, none. LeBron is still top 3 however, fair?

You expect a delusional bran stan to agree with this? The guy just cant accept that Curry is the better player right now, he's too emotionally invested in Lebald.

Turbo Slayer
10-10-2019, 06:10 PM
People thought that Curry was better than Bron LOL :lol

Kiddlovesnets
10-10-2019, 06:15 PM
Curry didn

GoSpursGo1984
10-13-2019, 08:52 AM
[QUOTE=Kiddlovesnets]Curry didn

Mr Feeny
10-13-2019, 09:23 AM
[QUOTE=Kiddlovesnets]Curry didn