PDA

View Full Version : Nets have waived Joe Johnson

Cocaine80s
02-25-2016, 04:21 PM
We win. Cavs getting the chip this year

Overdrive
02-25-2016, 04:23 PM
Pretty sure ancient Joe Johnson isn't what they need to defend the Warriors.

JohnnySic
02-25-2016, 04:27 PM
Sign with Celtics for the playoff run.

Nets get weaker, hoprfully improving C's pick.

win-win

miggyme1
02-25-2016, 04:30 PM
We win. Cavs getting the chip this year

don't be so sure...he could be going to the bay...he would be a better fit there and he gets a chance to actually dribble in gs....in Cleveland....he will become a glorified spot up shooter and if you know anything about joe Johnson....dude likes to dribble every now and then.

edit: I forgot about the clippers....he might go there

FKAri
02-25-2016, 04:36 PM
Philly should pick him up. He could be their franchise player.

Mawly-G
02-25-2016, 04:37 PM
don't be so sure...he could be going to the bay...he would be a better fit there and he gets a chance to actually dribble in gs....in Cleveland....he will become a glorified spot up shooter and if you know anything about joe Johnson....dude likes to dribble every now and then.

edit: I forgot about the clippers....he might go there

Clippers DEFINITELY need Joe, but he'll likely end up in a Cavs uniform.

bigkingsfan
02-25-2016, 04:38 PM
Come to the Kings in you want 30 mins, our SG are turribles...

imdaman99
Nets get weaker, hoprfully improving C's pick.

win-win
Joe Johnson hasn't really been good this year, don't bet on them getting worse with him leaving :oldlol:

He is really good in the clutch but the other 47 mins???

Stout
Pretty sure ancient Joe Johnson isn't what they need to defend the Warriors.
This. Joe Johnson is fools gold. He can't defend anybody on the Warriors and is inefficient at offense. Hopefully he gets plenty of minutes.

G.U.S.
02-25-2016, 04:41 PM
Kobe/Curry fam RED AS HELL in the face right now :roll: :roll: :roll:

WE STAY WINNING

JimmyMcAdocious
02-25-2016, 04:41 PM
All Bron needs him to do is become grotesque, homeless man's, Ray Allen. Which Joe can do. Maybe.

G.U.S.
02-25-2016, 04:44 PM
Cavs lost Andy & Cunningham (and a 1st) and gained Frye & probably Johnson.

WHAT A TIME

:djparty:

G.U.S.
02-25-2016, 04:50 PM
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t51.2885-15/s320x320/e15/11380930_1506642492959155_1750738004_n.jpg

Mr. Jabbar
02-25-2016, 04:53 PM
the missing piece to the 2/7 puzzle

Stout
02-25-2016, 04:56 PM
:lol

They were getting that anyway.

Fallen Angel
02-25-2016, 04:57 PM
Surprised Brooklyn Lopez has spent his entire career with that garbage franchise.

Overdrive
02-25-2016, 04:59 PM

WE STAY WINNING

Who's we? Aren't you guys supposed to be life-long Heatfans?

Nash
02-25-2016, 05:00 PM
ATL or OKC.

ATL because of home and OKC because he'd actually start over there since they have nothing at SG.

G.U.S.
02-25-2016, 05:01 PM
ATL or OKC.

ATL because of home and OKC because he'd actually start over there since they have nothing at SG.
http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/It+s+not+happening+half+life+3+unconfirmed_2708f4_ 4656469.gif

Funktion
02-25-2016, 05:03 PM
Here comes the help

BlazerRed
02-25-2016, 05:06 PM
Is he good, can Lebron get him?

Dr Seuss
02-25-2016, 05:21 PM
http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/It+s+not+happening+half+life+3+unconfirmed_2708f4_ 4656469.gif

careful, holmes.

Jeff said to try not reveal anything about yourself on here. Pics included

Fallen Angel
02-25-2016, 05:24 PM
Atlanta is really making a push for JJ

RedBlackAttack
02-25-2016, 05:25 PM
I don't care what anyone says... Joe Johnson can help us. It has been a long time since he wasn't a top three option on a team. A lot of weight would be lifted off of his shoulders and he'd be able to focus on a couple aspects of the game, depending on the matchup.

Sure, his best years may be behind him, but we don't need circa-2006 Joe Johnson. We need a guy who can backup LeBron James and help score and create with a bench unit.

Defensively, he'll have to expend so much less energy on the offensive side, he can really focus on playing his role.

I think it would be a tremendous signing, personally.

HylianNightmare
02-25-2016, 05:30 PM
Chitown

Back to atl or LA

JimmyMcAdocious
02-25-2016, 05:42 PM
I don't care what anyone says... Joe Johnson can help us. It has been a long time since he wasn't a top three option on a team. A lot of weight would be lifted off of his shoulders and he'd be able to focus on a couple aspects of the game, depending on the matchup.

Sure, his best years may be behind him, but we don't need circa-2006 Joe Johnson. We need a guy who can backup LeBron James and help score and create with a bench unit.

Defensively, he'll have to expend so much less energy on the offensive side, he can really focus on playing his role.

Point taken, although I'm not sure he was a top 3 option on this Nets team when Jack was healthy.

Kingwillball
02-25-2016, 05:43 PM

Agreed plus he is known to hit big shots at money time if he is on court which if he was means he has been playing well and contributing. Gives cavs so many options and lineups to use as JJ can play 2 or 3 spot .. They could even go Irving,Smith, JJ, lebron , Love/TT lineup.. That would be hard to guard if a team went small like GS..

Meticode
02-25-2016, 06:14 PM
Johnson is a good insurance policy if someone gets injured in the backcourt. Infact you could probably sneak him in at SF and he could take some of Jefferson's minutes, but I feel Jefferson is doing is job well as backup SF and knocking down jumpers. If the Cavs sign him...

Thompson/Mozgov
Love/Frye
LeBron/Jefferson
J.R./Iman/Johnson
Irving/Delly/Mo

Spurs m8
02-25-2016, 06:17 PM

WE STAY WINNING

You haven't even won anything, fgt

InsanityKills
02-25-2016, 06:18 PM
That's Kobe's fmvp ratio, nothing missing about that.

aj1987
02-25-2016, 06:37 PM
I wouldn't mind him on the Heat. Will help with our shooting woes.

VengefulAngel
02-25-2016, 06:39 PM
I wouldn't mind him on the Heat. Will help with our shooting woes.

We don't want him, he's been shooting awfully this season. We already have career brick layers we don't want him.

warriorfan
02-25-2016, 06:39 PM
Joe Johnson will be another person to deflect blame onto after 2/7. Prepare for "It was Joe Johnsons fault, not LeBron's". This signing is a huge W for the LeStanley family.

aj1987
02-25-2016, 06:42 PM
We don't want him, he's been shooting awfully this season. We already have career brick layers we don't want him.
I don't think I've seen more than 2-3 Nets games this season, but he's 37% from deep for the season on that god awful team. His percentages could only improve with lesser defensive attention. TJ and Beno are out and Green is...well, he's Green. We desperately need some shooting.

RedBlackAttack
02-25-2016, 07:10 PM
Hmmm. Really?

I haven't watch a ton of Nets games, but...

http://i68.tinypic.com/352r6me.jpg

https://twitter.com/tomhaberstroh/status/702952210020364294

Legends66NBA7
02-25-2016, 07:15 PM
http://i.imgur.com/HDBJORP.png

Almost had me there.

nba_55
02-25-2016, 07:15 PM
He would be a great addition to Cavs and also to OKC. I think he's picking Cavs.

VengefulAngel
02-25-2016, 07:21 PM
Hmmm. Really?

I haven't watch a ton of Nets games, but...

http://i68.tinypic.com/352r6me.jpg

https://twitter.com/tomhaberstroh/status/702952210020364294

He's picked up his 3 point percentage, but his shot from 16-23 has been goddamn awful, I actually watch net games from time to time.

He's shooting .33 from 16-23.

Forgot to include link: http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/johnsjo02.html

moongaze
02-25-2016, 07:23 PM
Will be a big upgrade over shumpert. I wonder why they kept shumpert around if they knew they'd be getting Joe Johnson and already have Richard Jefferson

Bosnian Sajo
02-25-2016, 07:29 PM
Joe Johnson to the Warriors would be :eek:

RedBlackAttack
02-25-2016, 07:35 PM
Will be a big upgrade over shumpert. I wonder why they kept shumpert around if they knew they'd be getting Joe Johnson and already have Richard Jefferson
Shump is a defensive wing. He'll have a different role on the team and will still get his minutes (he's out of the lineup with an injury atm). The more versatile you can be in today's NBA, the better. Having lots of wings who can play/defend multiple positions is a luxury.

The Cavs have the stars in LBJ, Kyrie and Love.

They have a solid rotation of different kinds of bigs behind Love/LBJ... Thompson, Mozgov, Frye.

With this move, if he decides to come here, they'll have a solid group of versatile wings... JR, JJ, Delly (combo), Shump, RJ.

I wouldn't be shocked to see lineups where they put Kyrie and/or LeBron out there with all wings. A group like this can do a lot of switching, making life easier against teams that run you through a meatgrinder full of screens.

Really, the only guy's minutes I see this cutting into are Jefferson's... not Shumpert's.

Then again, it would give them flexibility in case of injury or a really cold streak. That's the beauty of it.

RedBlackAttack
02-25-2016, 07:39 PM
He's picked up his 3 point percentage, but his shot from 16-23 has been goddamn awful, I actually watch net games from time to time.

He's shooting .33 from 16-23.

Forgot to include link: http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/johnsjo02.html
We don't need him taking shots from the midrange. The Cavs have the best midrange shooter in the league this year (Kyrie) and a bevy of other options in that area of the floor. All JJ has to be is a spacer and an occasional playmaker. I'm confident he can do both of those things on the offensive side, while bringing some versatility to the other end (as I described above).

Vancouver-Grizz
02-25-2016, 08:10 PM
Man... Brooklyn should follow Boston's lead and start trading their assets for young guys and picks. They are not going to win with BroLo and Thad right now so get young and load up on draft picks. With Sean Marks as the GM, I am sure he is reviewing the scouting division to ensure those guys are doin their job or get guys that CAN do the job. They got a ton of cap space this summer but so do most teams so save that damn money and use it when the timing is right and dont throw money at any player that shows interest.

Real Men Wear Green
02-25-2016, 08:21 PM
Man... Brooklyn should follow Boston's lead and start trading their assets for young guys and picks.You can only do that if you have assets.
They are not going to win with BroLo and Thad right now so get young and load up on draft picks. With Sean Marks as the GM, I am sure he is reviewing the scouting division to ensure those guys are doin their job or get guys that CAN do the job.Scouting doesn't matter if you don't have draft picks
They got a ton of cap space this summer but so do most teams so save that damn money and use it when the timing is right and dont throw money at any player that shows interest.Overpayment is the only way they can get good FAs right now. If someone can get the same money from a better team they aren't going to BK.

moongaze
02-25-2016, 09:35 PM
Shump is a defensive wing. He'll have a different role on the team and will still get his minutes (he's out of the lineup with an injury atm). The more versatile you can be in today's NBA, the better. Having lots of wings who can play/defend multiple positions is a luxury.

The Cavs have the stars in LBJ, Kyrie and Love.

They have a solid rotation of different kinds of bigs behind Love/LBJ... Thompson, Mozgov, Frye.

With this move, if he decides to come here, they'll have a solid group of versatile wings... JR, JJ, Delly (combo), Shump, RJ.

I wouldn't be shocked to see lineups where they put Kyrie and/or LeBron out there with all wings. A group like this can do a lot of switching, making life easier against teams that run you through a meatgrinder full of screens.

Really, the only guy's minutes I see this cutting into are Jefferson's... not Shumpert's.

Then again, it would give them flexibility in case of injury or a really cold streak. That's the beauty of it.

Yeah, the first thing that came to my mind is the depth. Id rather see Jefferson get more minutes than shumpert. Hes a more efficient player, is a veteran and provides spacing that shumpert doesn't. Id rather have guys that can score and play defense out there than a guy with low shooting percentage that often goes long periods of time without scoring.

Derka
02-25-2016, 09:41 PM
Joe Johnson getting waaaaay overrated around here.

RedBlackAttack
02-25-2016, 09:52 PM
Yeah, the first thing that came to my mind is the depth. Id rather see Jefferson get more minutes than shumpert. Hes a more efficient player, is a veteran and provides spacing that shumpert doesn't. Id rather have guys that can score and play defense out there than a guy with low shooting percentage that often goes long periods of time without scoring.
I think you're underrating Shump, especially when the playoffs start. You need a wing defender whom you know you can throw on a hot player or the opponent's best offensive player and he will contain that person. Shump did it in every round last year. Isaiah Thomas, Jimmy Butler, Kyle Korver and Klay Thompson. Those were his primary assignments in those respective series.

Now, look up their shooting percentages and look at how efficient they are/were against other guys/teams. Shump may not be as important in Game 58 of an 82-game regular season, but come playoff time? He's invaluable.

I love what RJ has brought to us, but he isn't half the defender that Shump is when he's focused and when you can gameplan him for certain guys, like in a playoff series. He'll be huge. Again.

moongaze
02-25-2016, 10:09 PM
I think you're underrating Shump, especially when the playoffs start. You need a wing defender whom you know you can throw on a hot player or the opponent's best offensive player and he will contain that person. Shump did it in every round last year. Isaiah Thomas, Jimmy Butler, Kyle Korver and Klay Thompson. Those were his primary assignments in those respective series.

Now, look up their shooting percentages and look at how efficient they are/were against other guys/teams. Shump may not be as important in Game 58 of an 82-game regular season, but come playoff time? He's invaluable.

I love what RJ has brought to us, but he isn't half the defender that Shump is when he's focused and when you can gameplan him for certain guys, like in a playoff series. He'll be huge. Again.

Id have to check that but I'm not sure if his defensive contribution outweighs Jefferson's efficiency, spacing, intelligence abd experience. Me as a coach I value having a lineup full of multiple scorers on the floor. Im looking for the cavs to be far more efficient in offense to match teams like the spurs over tge years. It starts with guys that shoot good percentages. Shumpert offense has been poor.

L8krH8tr
02-25-2016, 10:22 PM
Overrated ide rather have a guy like pj brown like the Celtics got back in the day