PDA

View Full Version : Suns GM admits regret trading Isaiah Thomas last season.

Hey Yo
02-25-2016, 08:47 PM
"In an interview with 98.7 Arizona Sports, McDonough admits moving Thomas

raprap
02-25-2016, 08:49 PM
What an idiot. He needs to decide on whom he wants as the pg for that team.

Black and White
02-25-2016, 08:59 PM
Thanks Phoenix :cheers:

JohnFreeman
02-25-2016, 09:00 PM
Isaiah is better because he is surrounded by great defensive players

AirBonner
02-25-2016, 09:02 PM
Thanks Phoenix :cheers:
Ainge goat gm. Probably will trade a bag of chips for JJ

Fallen Angel
02-25-2016, 09:08 PM
Isiah Thomas
Goran Dragic
Gerald Green
Marcus Morris
Miles Plumlee

I like that group.

CuterThanRubio
02-25-2016, 10:39 PM
Ryan McDonough has done absolutely NOTHING positive for the Suns.

Isaiah Thomas was the most clutch player on that team before he got traded, they even beat the eventual champion Warriors early on thanks to his ability to pile up points in a short period of time (Not to mention his chemistry with Gerald Green off the bench, a player who has "on fire" streak potential but needs a player with good energy to feed off of. He was killing it when Dragic was playing at an all-star level, its no surprise that he fell out of the rotation once those guys were shipped away)

Brandon Knight has been a disaster, an undersized chuck happy SG forced to play the role of distributor.

I do think locking up Bledsoe was the right move, he was really stepping it up before he got hurt, but of course that is his downfall: glass knees. His penchant for diving into defenders late in games hoping to get fouled has cost the team a few wins as well, but his aggressive style was helping him get more open looks and I can imagine a successful drive and kick strategy next season with an improved Devin Booker in the starting lineup.

I can't finish this post without bringing up the Morris twins situation. People want to blame those guys because they are hot headed "thugs" who can't express themselves politely, but it was the GM who embarrassed the entire franchise and fanbase by causing a rift in the first place. How do you sign two guys to a shared contract and trade one without warning and expect them to remain professional about it? Any person in the world would have reacted negatively to that level of betrayal. This isn't 2K, that is the problem with McDonough, he gets too caught up on individual talent without ever considering a players personality or cohesiveness.