02-25-2016, 10:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU9RoWPM-LA

JohnFreeman
02-25-2016, 10:30 PM
What a video, what a dunk, what absolute disgusting athleticism

This is 2016 people, this is it.

outbreak
02-25-2016, 10:32 PM
took off from the same spot lavine did in one of his dunk contest dunks.

JohnMax
02-25-2016, 10:32 PM
I rewatched highlights of the dunk contest and noticed Gordon only gets his head at rim level when he jumps over the mascot.

In other words, LaVine would destroy him without using mascot to get higher.

outbreak
02-25-2016, 10:36 PM
I rewatched highlights of the dunk contest and noticed Gordon only gets his head at rim level when he jumps over the mascot.

In other words, LaVine would destroy him without using mascot to get higher.
So what you are saying is Gordon had the best dunk the contest has seen in years and the fact that social media had such a huge trend of gordon being robbed proves this not to mention his dunk being played on the news worldwide in countries that don't even follow the nba? Thanks TMZ!

SugarHill
02-25-2016, 10:38 PM
Not really but maybe that has more to do with Gordon jumping with 2 feet. Their gather was from roughly the same place but Lavine lifted right away whereas Gordon's other foot was much closer up.

JimmyMcAdocious
02-25-2016, 10:39 PM
Took off from the dotted line. Not really close to the FT line.

http://i65.tinypic.com/fkcep2.png

no pun intended
02-25-2016, 10:39 PM
And doing it with two-feet :biggums:

HenryGarfunkle
02-25-2016, 10:40 PM
Lavine has ridiculously quick ball transitions that make him stand apart though.

Gordon couldn't go between the legs from the spot Lavine did.

This is insane btw, Gordon is a freak athlete, and i'm almost certain he got this from his mom. She looks powerful.

outbreak
02-25-2016, 10:43 PM
Lavine has ridiculously quick ball transitions that make him stand apart though.

Gordon couldn't go between the legs from the spot Lavine did.

This is insane btw, Gordon is a freak athlete, and i'm almost certain he got this from his mom. She looks powerful.
I agree he couldn't and he can't get the lift lavine gets and he's taller with a longer wing span. Think i'm just more saying lavine took steps over the line too. In that pic Gordons other leg is a lot further in than lavines step was like people said. Either way we should have another good dunk contest to look forward to next season

Pointguard
02-25-2016, 10:46 PM

It was kind of weird. His power came from the back leg, which kind of gave it a floating feel. Looking at that picture there is no way you think that left leg is going to take him to the rim. In fact, you wonder what is it doing?

outbreak
02-25-2016, 10:49 PM
It was kind of weird. His power came from the back leg, which kind of gave it a floating feel. Looking at that picture there is no way you think that left leg is going to take him to the rim. In fact, you wonder what is it doing?
looks like paytons jump shooting form :roll:

reminds me of the lay up he had earlier in pre season, he jumped under the basket from one side of the paint to the other and just floated, not huge lift but just distance.

CuterThanRubio
02-25-2016, 11:08 PM
Has to be one of the furthest dunks ever completed in game, Gordon is sick.

LeBron still has the longest one ever recorded to my knowledge (I know, how ironic is that)

sportjames23
02-26-2016, 01:18 AM
WHAT A TIME :banana:

ClipperRevival
02-26-2016, 01:23 AM

I would rather ignore the evidence and act like most in here and just pretend it was close to a FT line dunk.

BigMacAttack
02-26-2016, 01:25 AM
Has to be one of the furthest dunks ever completed in game, Gordon is sick.

LeBron still has the longest one ever recorded to my knowledge (I know, how ironic is that)

Tmac had a one footer from in between the dotted line and freer throw line in a game in his Toronto days.

CuterThanRubio
02-26-2016, 01:39 AM
Tmac had a one footer from in between the dotted line and freer throw line in a game in his Toronto days.

That one was nice because there was actually a "defender" in the way, but LeBron still has him beat by a short distance.

Gordon's might be the longest off 2 feet, though.

Having your back foot so close to the line has to count for something, he isn't really jumping from there but it is still a long way to travel through the air.

FireDavidKahn
02-26-2016, 01:43 AM
So what you are saying is Gordon had the best dunk the contest has seen in years and the fact that social media had such a huge trend of gordon being robbed proves this not to mention his dunk being played on the news worldwide in countries that don't even follow the nba? Thanks TMZ!
That dunk wasn't the one that lost him the dunk contest:sleeping

It's the dunk in the current round that determines whether or not you win it:sleeping

Everything else but the very last round was irrelevant :sleeping

Phenith
02-26-2016, 09:11 AM
Sure, it's not a "near ft line dunk", but it's still damn impressive and something the majority of the league wouldn't do, never mind in a game...
I think the point is how casual he makes a difficult dunk look.

ISHGoat
02-26-2016, 09:47 AM
Holy ****. Second leg near FT line is insane.

There's a pro dunker called TDub that did it with the hind leg behind the FT line tho. And he's only like 5'9

Take Your Lumps
02-26-2016, 09:56 AM
That's just as impressive as a one-leg dunk from the actual free throw line...maybe even moreso tbh.

Stout
02-26-2016, 10:10 AM

Not from free throw line, but a very impressive dunk. Furthest dunk probably since LeBron's near free throw line dunk.