PDA

View Full Version : Curry Is On Some "Of All Time" Sh*t, But I "COULD" Do Most All He Does....

Bless Mathews
02-26-2016, 12:42 PM
So could most anyone on here that was a decent hooper

I COULD hit a step back 3.

I COULD come of a screen and hit a 3.

I COULD juke a niggah and LAY IT IN on a fast break.

It's POSSIBLE.

To do it at the percentage he's doing it, no, no way, but COULD I do most of what he's doing.

Yes.

Backing down a 7 foot tall 280 pound man and dunking on him like he's a child.

No.

Never. Not even close.

Juking 2 players then going through the lane and dunking on a hall of fame 7 footer.

No.

Never. Not even close.

Couldn't even come close.

Anyone that's good at hoop COULD do a lot of the shit curry doin.

Might take 10-15-20 times , but it's POSSIBLE.

the things the other goats, Shaq , mj, etc did? No. No way. Not in a million tries.

Curry is goat shooter, doin goat things, don't get it twisted, but the dominance of other goats is more impressive to me.

Im Still Ballin
02-26-2016, 12:43 PM
But can you hit 5 three pointers a game at 45% against NBA defense that is constantly doubling you at all times on and off the ball?

ralph_i_el
02-26-2016, 12:44 PM
That makes his effectiveness even more impressive IMO

Anyone COULD do these things......they just can't do them with anywhere close to the consistency of Curry

34-24 Footwork
02-26-2016, 12:46 PM

Anyone COULD do these things......they just can't do them with anywhere close to the consistency of Curry

This.

Velocirap31
02-26-2016, 12:46 PM
This is probably why people like him so much. He is the best NBA player because he is so insanely skilled from his hard work, not because of god-given ability.

livinglegend
02-26-2016, 12:49 PM
Stupid thread.
It's like saying '' Bargnani > iverson because I have Iverson's height, but can never have Bargnani's height''.

Mass Debator
02-26-2016, 12:53 PM
If I pick Shaq on 2K, I could dunk on everyone.
If I pick Curry, I can't hit shit doing step back 30ft threes.

Bless Mathews
02-26-2016, 01:00 PM

Word.

That's my point. Pure dominance is more impressive than efficiency to me.

Way more impressive.

Bless Mathews
02-26-2016, 01:01 PM
Stupid thread.
It's like saying '' Bargnani > iverson because I have Iverson's height, but can never have Bargnani's height''.

No it's not.

It's not the same thing.

Ai is another good example.

That ***** was fearless. Did shit I could never do.

Im Still Ballin
02-26-2016, 01:03 PM
But that's just it bless

Curry is both efficiency and dominance

Leading the league in scoring by a wide margin

While playing 33 minutes a game, sitting out so many 4th quarters

His efficiency is off the chart like it has always been

But it's the dominance this season that has taken him to the next level

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-26-2016, 01:09 PM
Yeah, if I had Hakeem's athleticism, height, skillet, name, hell...his DNA...I would've ran roughshod throughout the league too.

https://assets.rbl.ms/2565698/980x.jpg

Stout
02-26-2016, 01:29 PM
Curry is goat shooter, doin goat things, don't get it twisted, but the dominance of other goats is more impressive to me.
I'm more impressed that he is this good without doing anything others can't. Shaq was born 1 in a billion, Curry became 1 in a billion. That takes more effort and is therefore more impressive to me.

tpols
02-26-2016, 01:32 PM
you could say the same thing about larry bird .. you could shoot , post, pass, and do everything he does, just not at near the same skill level or w/ the same genius iq level

you just admire physicality as dominance, some people prefer skill and iq based dominance.

tmacattack33
02-26-2016, 01:37 PM
So could most anyone on here that was a decent hooper

I COULD hit a step back 3.

I COULD come of a screen and hit a 3.

I COULD juke a niggah and LAY IT IN on a fast break.

It's POSSIBLE.

To do it at the percentage he's doing it, no, no way, but COULD I do most of what he's doing.

Yes.

Backing down a 7 foot tall 280 pound man and dunking on him like he's a child.

No.

Never. Not even close.

Juking 2 players then going through the lane and dunking on a hall of fame 7 footer.

No.

Never. Not even close.

Couldn't even come close.

Anyone that's good at hoop COULD do a lot of the shit curry doin.

Might take 10-15-20 times , but it's POSSIBLE.

the things the other goats, Shaq , mj, etc did? No. No way. Not in a million tries.

LOL.

Actually, the fact that he is barely over 6 foot and not a super-human athletic beast makes what he is doing even more impressive.

.0000001% of all people with his height and athleticism have made it into the NBA

1% of all people who are 7'0 foot with good strength and athleticism (most 7'0 footers have genetic abnormalities and have no balance, and most are skinny as sh*t) have made it into the NBA

Now, please revisit your post. Which one is more impressive? .0000001 or 1% ?

ralph_i_el
02-26-2016, 01:44 PM
LOL.

Actually, the fact that he is barely over 6 foot and not a super-human athletic beast makes what he is doing even more impressive.

.0000001% of all people with his height and athleticism have made it into the NBA

1% of all people who are 7'0 foot with good strength and athleticism (most 7'0 footers have genetic abnormalities and have no balance, and most are skinny as sh*t) have made it into the NBA

a 7' male born in America actually has a better than 25% of playing pro basketball in some capacity.

Bless Mathews
02-26-2016, 01:48 PM
LOL.

:facepalm

Just :facepalm

You dumb af lil child.

Dumb.

Get your facts straight then come back in here

KungFuJoe
02-26-2016, 01:58 PM
Op can't even make a layup on a 7 foot rim, much less a step back jumper.

Sambacher
02-26-2016, 02:03 PM
OP hit the nail on the head. That is the exact reason I would take Javale McGee over Curry... Because if he tried enough times at all the things listed he COULD do them. #OPForPresident

tmacattack33
02-26-2016, 02:15 PM

Just :facepalm

You dumb af lil child.

Dumb.

Get your facts straight then come back in here

LOL.

Please refute any of those two numbers.

There's about 600 true 7 footers age 20-35 in the USA. 20 of them are in the NBA. That's 1/30, or 3.3%

So wait, change my number in my initial post from 1% to 3.3%.

Sambacher
02-26-2016, 02:21 PM
LOL.

There's about 600 true 7 footers age 20-35 in the USA. 20 of them are in the NBA. That's 1/30, or 3.3%

Don't listen to this guy Bless Matthews. Who needs math and sound logic when you can back down a 280 lb 7 footer and dunk on him like a child? They just don't get it... Morons

sd3035
02-26-2016, 02:32 PM
lol you wouldn't even get a shot off in an NBA game in Curry's position

joshwake
02-26-2016, 03:09 PM
Word.

That's my point. Pure dominance is more impressive than efficiency to me.

Way more impressive.
Hard work is more impressive to me. Something big men rarely put in. Makes Curry even more impressive. Do you think Shaq even put in 1/100th of the effort curry has into his basketball career?

Stout
02-26-2016, 03:16 PM
Hard work is more impressive to me. Something big men rarely put in. Makes Curry even more impressive. Do you think Shaq even put in 1/100th of the effort curry has into his basketball career?
I do. However, Curry may have put in twice as much effort, which is plenty.

Mr. Jabbar
02-26-2016, 03:35 PM
strong nominee for worst post of all time

Bless Mathews
02-26-2016, 05:31 PM
LOL.

Curry isn't "barely 6 foot"

He's 6'3"

He is the son of a NBA player.

His Dna is strong.

How many sons of NBA players make it to the league?

Bet that number is up there.

Bless Mathews
02-26-2016, 05:32 PM
lol you wouldn't even get a shot off in an NBA game in Curry's position

Yea I COULD.

Easily.

HenryGarfunkle
02-26-2016, 05:42 PM
I feel the same way OP. If I practiced a one-motion release as consistently as curry i'd be even better than he is. I have a 43 inch vertical through training, and could dominate in more conventional ways despite being 2 inches shorter than him. Think Lillard with Westbrook's athleticism

Plus my vision and passing ability far exceeds curry's, he's average in that regard. I see dudes in random pickup games with better vision than curry all the time.

Defend isn't a question. I'm a ruthless defender, played SS in football up until 10th grade before I got hurt, have the instincts and coordination/quick feet/balance/speed of a professional. I just never worked hard enough on basketball skills to be that nba guy. If I took it seriously early on, who knows.