PDA

View Full Version : So how good is Curry right now?

Doctor K
02-26-2016, 05:34 PM
Is he better than Durant has ever been?

How about Wade has ever been?

How about Kobe has ever been?

How about Lebron has ever been?

imo he's better right now and makes more impact than any of thse guys ever have

Stout
02-26-2016, 05:35 PM
I would say better than all of those guys. You have to go back to prime Duncan and Shaq to match this. And Duncan you have to look only at the playoffs, because he was never this good in the regular season.

Marchesk
02-26-2016, 05:36 PM
Greater than peak Newton but not quite at prime Tesla's level yet.

WayOfWade
02-26-2016, 05:40 PM
Offensively? Yeah I'd say he's better than all, or at least in the conversation. Overall though? I can't put him over players like Kobe/Bron/Wade because of the defensive intensity those guys brought, they dominated BOTH sides of the ball, something Curry CAN'T do. Plus, this is just one season, he hasn't even won the title this year yet, give it time.
I do believe however that Curry can surpass all mentioned, it'll take a lot of work (and luck) though

WindmiLL
02-26-2016, 06:17 PM
Put prime Lebron on the worst team in the league and put Curry on the worst team in the league and see who achieves more. Hell, put today's Lebron on the worst team and he still pushes that team further than Curry does.

There's your answer, the same with Wade and Kobe...

One needs almost everything perfect around him to show his absolute dominance while others mentioned can do it almost on the same level(compared to their level of play, not Curry's) with any team they are given.

feyki
02-26-2016, 06:20 PM
Beside of Lebron , yes .

HenryGarfunkle
02-26-2016, 06:25 PM
NO
NO
YES
NO

/thread

WindmiLL
02-26-2016, 06:48 PM
Another thing to point out is that Curry is playing on another level this year or lets say the last 2 years. He's 27 years old now. How good was he when he was 22, 23, 24, 25 years old? He was good but he was NOWHERE close as good as he is now.

Kobe, Jordan, Lebron, Wade they were all better when they were 27 than when they were 23, 24 years old but the difference was certainly not that big as it is with Curry. So I'm a little hesitant to believe that Curry of all of them is that player who just in 2 years became so much better so that it seems he's from another planet....

But another thing which changed drastically from when Curry was just 22, 23, 24 years old is the Warriors team, they got rid of Monta and started getting right pieces around Curry who were at the beginning all pretty young (Thompson, Green, Ezeli, Barnes all younger than Curry) so that team couldn't be as dominant from the start. And consequently Curry couldn't be as dominant from the start. But now those players are slowly aging and at the same time constructing insane chemistry on that team, also adding Igoudala and all of a sudden Curry starts playing like he's the best player in NBA history....

Kvnzhangyay
02-26-2016, 06:49 PM
GOAT Offensive peak.

tmacattack33
02-26-2016, 06:59 PM
Is he better than Durant has ever been?

How about Wade has ever been?

How about Kobe has ever been?

How about Lebron has ever been?

imo he's better right now and makes more impact than any of thse guys ever have

Yes

Yes

Yes

To be determined by June 25

tmacattack33
02-26-2016, 07:03 PM
Put prime Lebron on the worst team in the league and put Curry on the worst team in the league and see who achieves more. Hell, put today's Lebron on the worst team and he still pushes that team further than Curry does.

There's your answer, the same with Wade and Kobe...

One needs almost everything perfect around him to show his absolute dominance while others mentioned can do it almost on the same level(compared to their level of play, not Curry's) with any team they are given.

That would give you the best player to carry scrub teams.

Which is a specific scenario and doesn't give you the best player period.

LARRY BROWN
02-26-2016, 07:07 PM
ill laugh when he tears his acl Saturday night!
:coleman:

Optimus Prime
02-26-2016, 07:10 PM
I don't know. Is he good? Can LeBron get him?

WindmiLL
02-26-2016, 07:11 PM
That would give you the best player to carry scrub teams.

Which is a specific scenario and doesn't give you the best player period.

That would give me individually the best overall basketball player who almost always plays to his maximum standard no matter what players he's surrounded with.

See my next post, do you really believe that Curry just in 2-3 years became soooooo much better than he was before? Or did something else around him changed significantly which lets him play to his maximum level now?

juju151111
02-26-2016, 07:16 PM
Another thing to point out is that Curry is playing on another level this year or lets say the last 2 years. He's 27 years old now. How good was he when he was 22, 23, 24, 25 years old? He was good but he was NOWHERE close as good as he is now.

Kobe, Jordan, Lebron, Wade they were all better when they were 27 than when they were 23, 24 years old but the difference was certainly not that big as it is with Curry. So I'm a little hesitant to believe that Curry of all of them is that player who just in 2 years became so much better so that it seems he's from another planet....

But another thing which changed drastically from when Curry was just 22, 23, 24 years old is the Warriors team, they got rid of Monta and started getting right pieces around Curry who were at the beginning all pretty young (Thompson, Green, Ezeli, Barnes all younger than Curry) so that team couldn't be as dominant from the start. And consequently Curry couldn't be as dominant from the start. But now those players are slowly aging and at the same time constructing insane chemistry on that team, also adding Igoudala and all of a sudden Curry starts playing like he's the best player in NBA history....
Curry was breaking the 3 point record in 13 before Green even was a starter and snd klay was a scrub. At the start of Curry Career he was hampered by ankle injuries. He said he would have to rehab during the summer instead of getting better. Since 13 Curry has steadily improved.

thesage
02-26-2016, 07:56 PM
Offensively, he could be the best to ever do it.

LARRY BROWN
02-26-2016, 08:24 PM
Offensively, he could be the best to ever do it.

Michael Jordan average 35 a points a game
in 86

curry only averages 30 a game

he got a long way to go!:coleman:

NZStreetBaller
02-26-2016, 08:33 PM
Curry is so hot right now. Hes got that flame thing next to him. I personally thought he was just having a great start to the season or that his teammates were more responsible for all the wins but mayn. When u look at this guys numbers combined with the winning record and compare his controbution to his team mates plus the fact that he never colluded wkth established all stars

This guy is the real deal!!! You are either a curry fan or a jealous insecure hater. Those are your only two options. Choose wisely.

knicksman
02-26-2016, 10:06 PM
That would give me individually the best overall basketball player who almost always plays to his maximum standard no matter what players he's surrounded with.

See my next post, do you really believe that Curry just in 2-3 years became soooooo much better than he was before? Or did something else around him changed significantly which lets him play to his maximum level now?

Bro, once youll undetstand basketball, you would realize that players who are based on skill instead of athleticism takes time to develop. Just look at kobe, bird, etc. Curry skills has never been seen before, thats why it took him so long.

And who cares about carrying a scrub team. Players who can still add value while playing with stars are more valuable coz that means they can fit with other players and win rings with them. Whats the use of bran if he cant fit with wade/bosh. Kobe only needed gasol to win. Jordan only needed pippen and rodman to win 72. While bran had better teammates yet couldnt give better results.

keantona
02-26-2016, 10:12 PM
Yes
Yes
Yes
Maybe

Segatti
02-26-2016, 10:17 PM
Maybe
No
No
No

SyRyanYang
02-26-2016, 10:20 PM
He clearly has a bigger impact on the game than all of the guys you listed, defense considered, his O is just that good.

Kvnzhangyay
02-26-2016, 10:20 PM
Maybe
No
No
No

Curry's current season is better than any of those seasons right now IMO. Curry averages 30ppg on 34 minutes, which is 7 less than Kobe's MPG in 2006, about 5 less than Wade and Lebron