PDA

View Full Version : Why are Dems so afraid of Trump coming out of the GOP?

Nick Young
02-27-2016, 06:04 PM
The Dems of ISH are shook now that it looks like Trump is going to be the GOP candidate.

If Dems believe that Trump is a joke and Hillary and Bernie are noble jedi knight candidates, why do they fear these candidates going up against Trump?

This thread discussion is open to BOTH Dems of ISH as well as non-Dems.

TheSilentKiller
02-27-2016, 06:07 PM
as a non-democrat liberal, nothing of what you posted makes sense. i'm not afraid of trump coming out of the GOP and hillary is a dogshit candidate :confusedshrug:

Nick Young
02-27-2016, 06:11 PM
as a non-democrat liberal, nothing of what you posted makes sense. i'm not afraid of trump coming out of the GOP and hillary is a dogshit candidate :confusedshrug:
The question is specifically directed at Dems, but thank you very much for your partisan input. We need more people like you in US political discussions :cheers:

TheSilentKiller
02-27-2016, 06:13 PM
i guess it'd be interesting to know, but do most of the conservatives here consider themselves republicans?

ALBballer
02-27-2016, 06:15 PM
I think it's the opposite. The left thinks they will have an easy way against Trump and TBH I think they are right. Trump's non-conventional tactics will not work in the general election. But then again, I didn't think Trump would get this far so what do I know lol. Maybe Trump will take alot of the independent and blue collar democratic vote, and he might be able to take historic democrat states like NY and now NJ.

DeuceWallaces
02-27-2016, 06:29 PM
Not a single Democrat thinks that.

If you were an American who lives here and is part of our culture you would already know this. Trump or Cruz are the Democrats best friends in the general.

Kblaze8855
02-27-2016, 06:37 PM
If Dems believe that Trump is a joke and Hillary and Bernie are noble jedi knight candidates

People arent terribly excited about Clinton. Nobody I know at least. I know people who voted for her over Obama....but now would vote for Bernie if they felt he could actually do the things he wants to. Clinton is a "Well...what choice do we have?" option for a lot of people. Where you get some jedi knight bullshit is beyond me. Maybe I just dont know those people....

Nick Young
02-27-2016, 06:42 PM
I think it's the opposite. The left thinks they will have an easy way against Trump and TBH I think they are right. Trump's non-conventional tactics will not work in the general election. But then again, I didn't think Trump would get this far so what do I know lol. Maybe Trump will take alot of the independent and blue collar democratic vote, and he might be able to take historic democrat states like NY and now NJ.
What makes you believe this? Trump is drawing in voters who have never voted before. You are making assumptions based on the past. Get with modern times, old man.

Draz
02-27-2016, 06:57 PM
Bernie is the only one who's genuine. Been actually out there fighting his entire life for his people and his beliefs. First person to actually strike my attention on how much he cares.

Nick Young
02-27-2016, 07:01 PM
as long as he repeals the aca so i can live in peace without insurance then i'm on board

too bad he's a meme candidate tho.
Why do you believe this? He has already kicked well connected state governor Jeb Bush out of the race.

DonDadda59
02-27-2016, 07:01 PM
Bernie is the only one who's genuine. Been actually out there fighting his entire life for his people and his beliefs. First person to actually strike my attention on how much he cares.

He can still get stuff done even if he's not President. It's not all or nothing. I think he's opened a lot of people's eyes about issues that affect them but they have never considered before. Could be that he's just the catalyst for a movement. It's not like he's gonna be like 'oh well, f*ck it. I tried' and quit if he doesn't win.

A year from now he'll be saying the same things he's been saying for decades, only difference now is he has a much larger platform and is known by far more people. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up with a show on MSNBC or something. Or maybe even a position in Hillary's government.

9erempiree
02-27-2016, 07:04 PM
They are not necessarily scared but the thought of what Trump and his supporters are doing is making the Dems very envious. They wish they were the ones tearing down the establishment wall but they just can't do it like Trump and his supporters.

It pains them to see that they are not the ones taking down Hilary.

dude77
02-27-2016, 07:07 PM
dems aren't afraid .. they're just indifferent right now .. they know they're fkd .. hillary is disliked and they're getting low turnout .. hc doesn't excite their base .. she's old news .. meanwhile trump is bringing in all time record turnouts for republicans ... if trump goes head to head with clinton she's going to get blown the fk out .. he's going to end both the bush and clinton dynasties in the span of months .. savage

TheMan
02-27-2016, 07:08 PM
Not a single Democrat thinks that.

If you were an American who lives here and is part of our culture you would already know this. Trump or Cruz are the Democrats best friends in the general.
Pretty much this

Hillary, I'm afraid, is a very beatable candidate.

But if the numbskulls over on the GOP's side decide to go with Trump, it'll be like stealing candy from a baby :yaohappy:

OP has no idea WTF he's talking about, we WANT to face Trump.:lol

Nick Young
02-27-2016, 07:09 PM
by meme i don't mean that there aren't people who follow him. i mean that he's so outlandish that it's almost admirable. trolling has always been a part of politics but donald trump's troll game is legendary. very strong
How so? Please cite some examples and sources.

Nick Young
02-27-2016, 07:18 PM
i'm just assuming that the troll posters on here would support a troll candidate. unless i'm wrong then forgive me.

i don't care who gets elected tbh. i just don't want health insurance. we should make people have dental tho. can't be like those filthy euros with mush mouth
How is Trump a "troll candidate"?

FillJackson
02-27-2016, 07:50 PM
As an American I would prefer two sane rational parties. Also I don't want see authoritarianism be legitimized

Jameerthefear
02-27-2016, 07:53 PM
Trump is a walking meme. He would guarantee a win for the Dems.

Nick Young
02-27-2016, 07:54 PM
Hold up, Jerry springer was a mayor?
jerry is a talented guy bro. he did a good job too. Jerry Springer show was originally about Jerry trying to genuinely help people before they started going for ratings.

DonDadda59
02-27-2016, 07:58 PM
jerry is a talented guy bro. he did a good job too. Jerry Springer show was originally about Jerry trying to genuinely help people before they started going for ratings.

Yup. Jerry Springer is like the real life version of the most interesting man in the World. Bizarre and accomplished life. And you are correct that in the beginning, the Jerry Springer show was more like Oprah before it took a Trump style heel turn.

bladefd
02-27-2016, 09:13 PM
Massive blowout in South Carolina by Hillary Clinton and gave speech. Bernie coming up later for conceding speech, he is not in SC after polls showed he had no shot in SC. Already skipping to next state.

ALBballer
02-27-2016, 09:20 PM
What makes you believe this? Trump is drawing in voters who have never voted before. You are making assumptions based on the past. Get with modern times, old man.

You're making some strong assumptions as well bruh.

Tbh I have doubted Trump for a year now and he's proving me wrong so I'm not sure. He's such a wildcard that I think the Democrats are playing with fire if they think they will easily win. Trump's populist views will steal some democrat votes from Hilary and if Trump can win NY I think he might have a chance in the general election.

DonDadda59
02-27-2016, 09:22 PM
You're making some strong assumptions as well bruh.

Tbh I have doubted Trump for a year now and he's proving me wrong so I'm not sure. He's such a wildcard that I think the Democrats are playing with fire if they think they will easily win. Trump's populist views will steal some democrat votes from Hilary and if Trump can win NY I think he might have a chance in the general election.

Or just doing basic math. :confusedshrug:

navy
02-27-2016, 09:24 PM
Conservatives are too dumb to realize that they will win easily with a Kaisch nominee. :yaohappy:

Nick Young
02-27-2016, 09:25 PM
Trump's new fanbase throws a wrench in to your "math". No one knows if all of these new voters he's drawing with actually vote or not, and also how many Repubs and Dems fed up with the status quo will defect from their parties to become Trump voters.

Most voters in America want radical change and Trump is certainly the most radical candidate still in the race.

Nick Young
02-27-2016, 09:26 PM
Conservatives are too dumb to realize that they will win easily with a Kaisch nominee. :yaohappy:
A Kasich/Webb ticket would have been an auto win. Both of these guys ran in the wrong party.

Kasich would easily be the first place Dem if he had ran as one.

The problem with guys like Kasich and Webb is that they are decent people who make too much sense.

The American people do not want candidates that make sense. They want exciting gimmicks and larger than life personas.

dude77
02-27-2016, 09:27 PM
sanders is dead rip .. losing by 50% with 50% reporting lol .. must be a record ..

also lol@I heard clinton went after trump in her 'victory speech' didn't mention rubio or anyone else .. she knows who the other nominee will be .. trump = rent free in her head .. she's going down

ALBballer
02-27-2016, 09:28 PM

Democrats and republicans kept doubting him for the past year.

Dresta
Yup. Jerry Springer is like the real life version of the most interesting man in the World. Bizarre and accomplished life. And you are correct that in the beginning, the Jerry Springer show was more like Oprah before it took a Trump style heel turn.
lol, Oprah seems to be encouraging Trump to run here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEPs17_AkTI

"that's presidential talk"

:oldlol:

Nick Young
sanders is dead rip .. losing by 50% with 50% reporting lol .. must be a record ..

also lol@I heard clinton went after trump in her 'victory speech' didn't mention rubio or anyone else .. she knows who the other nominee will be .. trump = rent free in her head .. she's going down
Hillary biting the hand that feeds? She owes her career to Trump's funding :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Sanders just needs to GTFO. I feel bad for all the dummies who donated money to his campaign, it was like flushing it down the toilet. Zero chance vs the establishment face of Wall Street Shillary.

I can't wait to see Trump make Hillary meltdown like he did to Cruz in the last debates.

DonDadda59
02-27-2016, 09:29 PM
Trump's new fanbase throws a wrench in to your "math". No one knows if all of these new voters he's drawing with actually vote or not, and also how many Repubs and Dems fed up with the status quo will defect from their parties to become Trump voters.

Most voters in America want radical change and Trump is certainly the most radical candidate still in the race.

Let it go, dawg.

https://45.media.tumblr.com/264fa39dd6babb18023f36bfe4118b6f/tumblr_nouyx7BeuD1s3mekdo1_400.gif

Maybe one of the dudes from Duck Dynasty will bring the next GOP revolution in 2020. Kanye West might throw a wrench in the game. Just gotta wait and see what overnight politician the Reaity TV world can churn out to take on the big blue machine in the coming decades. :oldlol:

DonDadda59
02-27-2016, 09:32 PM
lol, Oprah seems to be encouraging Trump to run here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEPs17_AkTI

"that's presidential talk"

:oldlol:

The Donald talking about being a 'debtor nation' just before getting a $1 billion dollar bailout from 70 banks from all around the world. :yaohappy:

navy

This is true, but your ignoring the people that will come out to vote against trump when they normally wouldnt have voted.

Ive yet to see one Trump stan give a reason to support Trump over Kaisch.

Nick Young
Let it go, dawg.

https://45.media.tumblr.com/264fa39dd6babb18023f36bfe4118b6f/tumblr_nouyx7BeuD1s3mekdo1_400.gif

Maybe one of the dudes from Duck Dynasty will bring the next GOP revolution in 2020. Kanye West might throw a wrench in the game. Just gotta wait and see what overnight politician the Reaity TV world can churn out to take on the big blue machine in the coming decades. :oldlol:
4 months ago, you promised that Trump would be done by now bro.

The one who doesn't know here, and needs to let it go, is you.

https://media.giphy.com/media/119SFXjoMsax6o/giphy.gif

Dresta
02-27-2016, 09:34 PM
A Kasich/Webb ticket would have been an auto win. Both of these guys ran in the wrong party.

Kasich would easily be the first place Dem if he had ran as one.

The problem with guys like Kasich and Webb is that they are decent people who make too much sense.

The American people do not want candidates that make sense. They want exciting gimmicks and larger than life personas.
Webb withdrew from the Democratic race because he said there's no place for moderate Democrats in the party any more. That explains why Hilary's remodelled herself as some kind of social justice warrior, fighting against sexism and for women, despite having a long track record of harassing and defaming her husband's victims (they were part of a "Republican conspiracy" :oldlol: - she really knows how to play these fools).

Nick Young
02-27-2016, 09:36 PM
Even with his liberal social policies, the Republicans would have loved Webb if he ran as one. A ****ing award winning marine who working with Ronald Reagan, that's all the Repubs want. No one would say shit about him because his war record. And Dems would respect him too.

Webb was like Hank Hill. America would have been in great hands under his watch.

I can say similar things about Kasich but he doesn't have the military awards to put him over. He'd be a great VP.

Hillary is the candidate most similar to George W. Bush still in the race. Dems claim to hate George W. so I don't know why they want Hillary so bad.

Dresta
02-27-2016, 09:37 PM
The Donald talking about being a 'debtor nation' just before getting a $1 billion dollar bailout from 70 banks from all around the world. :yaohappy:
Well, to be quite honest, he was more prescient than most with that one in recognising that the shift from being a creditor to debtor nation was a dangerous and destructive one, at a time when most were ignoring the problem. Can't deny that really.

ALBballer
02-27-2016, 09:46 PM
Hilary is by far one of the most deceptive politicians in recent years. Atleast with Trump you know where he stands and you can tell when he's exaggerating but Clinton is one viscous kunt. I'm no fan of Sander's policies but painting Sanders as some women hating racist gun loving white male is disingenuous. Trump calling Cruz a "basketcase" and Rubio a "choker" aren't too far off course lol.

The worst part is you had Bill Clinton calling Sander's voters sexist. Seriously Bill Clinton is up on stage and trying to use the "feminist" angle. Let me reiterate how ironic it is for Bill ****ing Clinton to lecture us on sexism. Oh what a time we live in indeed.

And I love how the video resurfaced of Hilarly calling Black male predators and telling them they need to heal. it just exposes the typical liberal mindset of not seeing minorities as equals. Liberals think they need to defend black people from the evil whites because black people are not capable of defending themselves, they believe in illegal immigration so Hispanics can work for slave wages for their own benefits, and so forth.

niko
02-27-2016, 09:52 PM
Premise of the post isn't really true. Republicans are much more afraid of him as their candidate, those that don't want him. He pretty much destroys the part's platform. He's a republican of convenience more than almost any I've ever seen and I'm in NY where' Republican means failed Democrat.

Why can't people ask questions normally? It can't be "why are some people so threatened by Trump?" Which is still leading but makes sense. WHY ARE DEMOCRATS SO WORRIED isn't really true, cause they're not.

I was way off on trump (admittedly so) but the electoral math for Trump was always really bad, but someone like him whose gone out of his way to scorch earth the other side as well as a lot of his own parties, it's horrific.

navy
02-27-2016, 09:56 PM
Atleast with Trump you know where he stands
Dude has flip flopped on every issue. This isnt true at all. :oldlol:

Nick Young
02-27-2016, 09:58 PM
Dude has flip flopped on every issue. This isnt true at all. :oldlol:
Please provide sources and examples of issues that Trumpster flip flopped on

navy
02-27-2016, 10:01 PM
Do you pay attention? I cant think of one thing he was consistent on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX5dBzxKNOw#t=202
From a cuckservative point of view just in case your curiouus

niko
02-27-2016, 10:04 PM
Dude, Trump has been a huge celebrity for like forever. Are you ****ing joking?

You want a few? Historically he's very liberal. He's pro-choice. He had no issues with gay marriage. He's been an advocate for things like this. Live and let live. He's also never had an issue with using foreign labor or making his products overseas. He's a capitalist first and foremost, give me an open market and I will win.

If you're separating pre running for president Trump (the last year or two) vs. the rest of his life, then he hasn't flip flopped that much. If you acknowledge he existed prior to that, he's changed his mind on almost everything to become a "Republican" candidate.

FillJackson
02-27-2016, 10:07 PM
Massive blowout in South Carolina by Hillary Clinton and gave speech. Bernie coming up later for conceding speech, he is not in SC after polls showed he had no shot in SC. Already skipping to next state.
STATES.

Super Tuesday is in three days. Biggest day of the whole campaign.

niko
02-27-2016, 10:08 PM
Saying Trump never flips on issues is something so stupid that it's not even good trolling.

Nick Young
02-27-2016, 10:08 PM
Dude, Trump has been a huge celebrity for like forever. Are you ****ing joking?

You want a few? Historically he's very liberal. He's pro-choice. He had no issues with gay marriage. He's been an advocate for things like this. Live and let live. He's also never had an issue with using foreign labor or making his products overseas. He's a capitalist first and foremost, give me an open market and I will win.

If you're separating pre running for president Trump (the last year or two) vs. the rest of his life, then he hasn't flip flopped that much. If you acknowledge he existed prior to that, he's changed his mind on almost everything to become a "Republican" candidate.
Isn't everyone aware that Trump is only pretending to be against abortion because he has to to win the Republican race?

Everyone knows Trump is pro-abortion. He just spent a long time in the last debates defending Planned Parenthood.

Everyone knows Trump favors gay marriage. So what? Is that a bad thing?

Nick Young
02-27-2016, 10:09 PM
Saying Trump never flips on issues is something so stupid that it's not even good trolling.
Please cite some sourced examples. Please refrain from straw man arguments and other logical fallacies in your response. Thank you :)

FillJackson
02-27-2016, 10:11 PM

Or you don't understand how percentages work

niko
02-27-2016, 10:13 PM
Please cite some sourced examples. Please refrain from straw man arguments and other logical fallacies in your response. Thank you :)
Are you a ****ing idiot? You just said he changed his mind on abortion. Saying one thing then changing your mind and saying the opposite is flipping on the issue. Not believing what you say is par for the course.

Trump says he's pro choice, then said he's pro life. Trump says gay marriage is ok, then says gay marriage is not ok. Trump produces products in foreign countries and says (explicitly) that's free market and ok. Trump runs for president and says that's not ok, it's anti american. (Forgetting he still produces products there). Trump uses (again on purpose and without remorse) foreign laborers to build his buildings. Now these people need to be removed from the country. Trump was really pro democratic for a long time, now they are evil. Wanted to go after Iraq. Now it was a horrible mistake.

He changed his mind on almost everything relevant to the election. EVERYTHING.

You're welcome to rep Trump. I don't give two shits. But saying he's consistent on issues is just stupid. Makes you seem stupid.

dude77
02-27-2016, 10:15 PM

none of that shit matters .. he's done

Nick Young
02-27-2016, 10:17 PM
Are you a ****ing idiot? You just said he changed his mind on abortion. Saying one thing then changing your mind and saying the opposite is flipping on the issue. Not believing what you say is par for the course.
No I didn't. I said he is pretending to be against abortion to win the Repub race.

Why do you only have emotion based arguments built on logical fallacy? Why is it so difficult to provide sources and quotes that support your claims?

NumberSix
Premise of the post isn't really true. Republicans are much more afraid of him as their candidate, those that don't want him. He pretty much destroys the part's platform. He's a republican of convenience more than almost any I've ever seen and I'm in NY where' Republican means failed Democrat.

Why can't people ask questions normally? It can't be "why are some people so threatened by Trump?" Which is still leading but makes sense. WHY ARE DEMOCRATS SO WORRIED isn't really true, cause they're not.

I was way off on trump (admittedly so) but the electoral math for Trump was always really bad, but someone like him whose gone out of his way to scorch earth the other side as well as a lot of his own parties, it's horrific.
What party platform? The platform of campaigning as a "true conservative" then getting elected and being a reckless spending corporatist bitch? If that's the party platform, let it die.

The so-called "true conservatives" had 3 decades to do something. All they've done is bend over for the open borders lobby and the anti-American trade deals lobby.

Nick Young
Bernie is done. Hilldawg is your girl, have fun.

niko
02-27-2016, 10:19 PM
What party platform? The platform of campaigning as a "true conservative" then getting elected and being a reckless spending corporatist bitch? If that's the party platform, let it die.

The so-called "true conservatives" had 3 decades to do something. All they've done is bend over for the open borders lobby and the anti-American trade deals lobby.
I said Republicans, the very conservative ones don't want him to win the nomination because it ruins their general platforms. It does. SOrry.

navy
02-27-2016, 10:21 PM
Isn't everyone aware that Trump is only pretending to be against abortion because he has to to win the Republican race?

Everyone knows Trump is pro-abortion. He just spent a long time in the last debates defending Planned Parenthood.

Everyone knows Trump favors gay marriage. So what? Is that a bad thing?
"Only pretending"

Donald Trump stans amaze me.

Nick Young
02-27-2016, 10:23 PM

Trump says he's pro choice, then said he's pro life. Trump says gay marriage is ok, then says gay marriage is not ok. Trump produces products in foreign countries and says (explicitly) that's free market and ok. Trump runs for president and says that's not ok, it's anti american. (Forgetting he still produces products there). Trump uses (again on purpose and without remorse) foreign laborers to build his buildings. Now these people need to be removed from the country. Trump was really pro democratic for a long time, now they are evil. Wanted to go after Iraq. Now it was a horrible mistake.

He changed his mind on almost everything relevant to the election. EVERYTHING.

You're welcome to rep Trump. I don't give two shits. But saying he's consistent on issues is just stupid. Makes you seem stupid.
:lol
that edit
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/9-07-2015/tzehJ7.gif

DonDadda59
02-27-2016, 10:25 PM

Take em to Church.

http://media0.giphy.com/media/HhWpLFOMqNTgI/giphy.gif

NumberSix
02-27-2016, 10:43 PM
Trump produces products in foreign countries and says (explicitly) that's free market and ok. Trump runs for president and says that's not ok, it's anti american. (Forgetting he still produces products there).
Only a person who has no understanding of business could write something like this and think they just made a point of some kind.

What you just did is like comparing the actions of players to the actions of the people who write the rules for the game.

It's not anti-American for business people to do business inside the market. Trump is right about that. But when Trump talks about the LAW MAKERS, he's right when he says it's anti-American for them to make laws and trade deals that intentionally put America at a disadvantage because donors and lobbyists have paid you off to pass those anti-American laws. Like the trade deal America has with China. What kind of scumbag makes a trade deal where one side gets to do free trade and the other doesn't?

Don't blame the business people for playing by the rules. Blame the rule makers for INTENTIONALLY making the rules that a business person has to produce their product in China just to be on a level playing field. The politicians of both parties have sold the people out to a few corporations' business interests.

NumberSix
02-27-2016, 10:49 PM
I said Republicans, the very conservative ones don't want him to win the nomination because it ruins their general platforms. It does. SOrry.
As I just explained, the "very conservative" aren't so conservative once they get into power. Why the hell are they all getting behind Mr-stab-conservatives-in-the-back himself? You think Rubio is a conservative? He's just another open boarders, corporatist sellout, campaign conservative.

I've tried to explain it to you people on the left many times, but you just don't get it. People on the right hate the Republican Party a lot more than you do.

Dresta
02-27-2016, 11:30 PM
Only a person who has no understanding of business could write something like this and think they just made a point of some kind.

What you just did is like comparing the actions of players to the actions of the people who write the rules for the game.

It's not anti-American for business people to do business inside the market. Trump is right about that. But when Trump talks about the LAW MAKERS, he's right when he says it's anti-American for them to make laws and trade deals that intentionally put America at a disadvantage because donors and lobbyists have paid you off to pass those anti-American laws. Like the trade deal America has with China. What kind of scumbag makes a trade deal where one side gets to do free trade and the other doesn't?

Don't blame the business people for playing by the rules. Blame the rule makers for INTENTIONALLY making the rules that a business person has to produce their product in China just to be on a level playing field. The politicians of both parties have sold the people out to a few corporations' business interests.
Yeah, this stuff is silly. If anything, his having done these things, and knowing the necessity of doing them if one hopes to remain competitive, from direct experience, puts him in a better position comment on it, and to know what things in particular need to be rectified.

Tbh, Trump has been consistent for almost 30 years on one thing: in that, he said in 1988 that he'd run for President if things got to the point where we're getting screwed over so bad that he'd consider it his duty to do so, and that looks like what he's doing. Like i've said before: I don't trust the man, but I trust him more than Hilary, that's for sure. And unfortunately, elections are a matter of alternatives, and I don't see anyone better who looks like they have a shot (Sanders doesn't, who I actually quite like, even though I disagree with him on many things; ditto Jim Webb, Rand Paul, and every other half-decent candidate there is).

One thing is certain, and that's that Hilary is 100% owned, a career liar and cynic and criminal. She's also way too militaristic for me to even think about voting for her--I for one won't sanction any further American criminality abroad: enough is enough.

edit: Niko: the Republican Party long ceased to be conservative. Part of the Trump phenomenon is conservatives trying to blow the Republican Party to smithereens; they've been betrayed by it times beyond count, along with their pathetic shills at publications like the National Review. The only two conservative publications i've found that are still worth reading are the american conservative and the imaginative conservative (the latter is the better, but it's not much focused on everyday politics--lots of interesting stuff on there though).

bladefd
02-28-2016, 12:52 AM
If GOP wants to survive, they need to completely cut ties from tea-party folks. Before tea-party movement grew in the late 90s, GOP was a respected party. Tea-party had hijacked the GOP and has been bringing it down the dumpster throughout the 2000s and 2010s.

In the end, either the teaparty will destroy GOP by killing its credibility with moderates or Trump will kill GOP by going up against mainstream media/establishment through the route of the voters. With the rise of Trump in last 6-7 months, it looks like it will be the latter. If same path continues, teaparty will be irrelevant soon and GOP will still die. :lol

Dresta
02-28-2016, 01:11 AM
If GOP wants to survive, they need to completely cut ties from tea-party folks. Before tea-party movement grew in the late 90s, GOP was a respected party. Tea-party had hijacked the GOP and has been bringing it down the dumpster throughout the 2000s and 2010s.

In the end, either the teaparty will destroy GOP by killing its credibility with moderates or Trump will kill GOP by going up against mainstream media/establishment through the route of the voters. With the rise of Trump in last 6-7 months, it looks like it will be the latter. If same path continues, teaparty will be irrelevant soon and GOP will still die. :lol
:facepalm

wow, just, wow. Do you even think about what you're posting? None of that makes the slightest bit of sense.

FillJackson
02-28-2016, 01:13 AM
none of that shit matters .. he's done
And one has nothing to do with the other. He's done and you don't understand how percentages work.

Bernie is done. Hilldawg is your girl, have fun.
Yeah, I knew that before Iowa and I know how percentages work.

There's 865 delegates at stake in three days and Clinton is going to win about 500 of them.

Nick Young
02-28-2016, 01:25 AM
And one has nothing to do with the other. He's done and you don't understand how percentages work.

Yeah, I knew that before Iowa and I know how percentages work.

There's 865 delegates at stake in three days and Clinton is going to win about 500 of them.
Please explain to me in your own words how percentages work. I want to learn. :confusedshrug:

Terahite
02-28-2016, 01:59 AM

WTF are you talking about? You're a ****ing idiot. :lol

FillJackson
02-28-2016, 02:29 AM
Please explain to me in your own words how percentages work. I want to learn. :confusedshrug:
losing by 50% with 50% reporting lol .. must be a record .. Well when someone loses an election by 50% percentage points of all total votes, it's not surprising at all that a smaller sample would also show a similar percentage split.
In fact, to simplify it, it would be a simple 3 to 1 ratio or 75% to 25%. If for every Bernie vote, Clinton got three votes, she would get 75% of the vote to his 25% and thus, it would not be surprising if Clinton led by 50% with only 10% of the vote in, if you were counting the votes at random.

So, this would not be a record, it would be how almost all massive blowout elections would look with half the vote counted.

DonDadda59
02-28-2016, 02:37 AM
200 Republican money men (http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/25/politics/rubio-republican-convention/) met with Rubio behind closed doors recently to come up with a plan to engineer a brokered convention.

NY TIMES: Inside the Republican Party's Desperate Mission to Stop Donald Trump (http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/28/us/politics/donald-trump-republican-party.html?_r=0)

[INDENT]'While still hopeful that Mr. Rubio might prevail, Mr. McConnell has begun preparing senators for the prospect of a Trump nomination, assuring them that, if it threatened to harm them in the general election, they could run negative ads about Mr. Trump to create space between him and Republican senators seeking re-election. Mr. McConnell has raised the possibility of treating Mr. Trump

Nick Young
02-28-2016, 02:52 AM
Well when someone loses an election by 50% percentage points of all total votes, it's not surprising at all that a smaller sample would also show a similar percentage split.
In fact, to simplify it, it would be a simple 3 to 1 ratio or 75% to 25%. If for every Bernie vote, Clinton got three votes, she would get 75% of the vote to his 25% and thus, it would not be surprising if Clinton led by 50% with only 10% of the vote in, if you were counting the votes at random.

So, this would not be a record, it would be how almost all massive blowout elections would look with half the vote counted.
How large is the sample size in these pre-polls? :confusedshrug:

navy
02-28-2016, 02:57 AM
200 Republican money men (http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/25/politics/rubio-republican-convention/) met with Rubio behind closed doors recently to come up with a plan to engineer a brokered convention.

NY TIMES: Inside the Republican Party's Desperate Mission to Stop Donald Trump (http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/28/us/politics/donald-trump-republican-party.html?_r=0)

'While still hopeful that Mr. Rubio might prevail, Mr. McConnell has begun preparing senators for the prospect of a Trump nomination, assuring them that, if it threatened to harm them in the general election, they could run negative ads about Mr. Trump to create space between him and Republican senators seeking re-election. Mr. McConnell has raised the possibility of treating Mr. Trump’s loss as a given and describing a Republican Senate to voters as a necessary check on a President Hillary Clinton, according to senators at the lunches.'

Panicking Mitch McConnell Says GOP will help Hillary beat Trump if he wins nomination (http://www.addictinginfo.org/2016/02/27/panicking-mitch-mcconnell-says-gop-will-help-hillary-beat-trump-if-he-wins-the-nomination/)

But the Dems are afraid. :yaohappy:
Republicans in shambles. What a time to be alive.

FillJackson
02-28-2016, 03:43 AM
Republicans in shambles. What a time to be alive.
From a Republican speechwriter on twitter.
[I]Isn

navy
02-28-2016, 03:50 AM
[QUOTE=FillJackson]From a Republican speechwriter on twitter.
[I]Isn

bladefd
02-28-2016, 05:14 AM

wow, just, wow. Do you even think about what you're posting? None of that makes the slightest bit of sense.

Must I truly explain everything?

-In 08, Sarah Palin was chosen to run alongside McCain.
-Dick Armey, Ron Paul, etc
-Michelle Bachmann had become prominent member of GOP until couple years ago.
-Ted Cruz is another Teabag. Marco Rubio as well.

The hardcore conservatives were on the rise across the GOP. Do you dispute anything thus far? I believe 2004 (dunno why I was thinking 92) was when the first teaparty ideas were out there - came to prominence of essentially hijacking the GOP towards the later-2000s.

Teaparty folks had some insane ideas of what they wanted (or not wanted). Just look back at some of the sh!t they were protesting. They were out of reach of the average moderate and independent. GOP was on the trajectory of self-implosion with teabags gaining momentum. They were slowly at the core of each and every GOP decisions being made. I would say the teabags had a tight grasp around the collars of GOP.

This much we all know. GOP was headed towards the cliff thanks to the teabags. Then Trump came along. He shifted the fight against the government itself to the Establishment and mainstream media. Trump is no Teabag even though Sarah Palin gave him an endorsement. Trump is going to take apart the establishment wing of GOP with his campaign -- keep in mind that establishment is a big aspect of the GOP (the establishment is big for Clinton too on the other side but we are not discussing Clinton right now).

When Trump is through, teaparty will be irrelevant and GOP will no longer have the same pull of the teabags as they once did before Trump. How is that hard to understand?? GOP will be dead as the party being pulled by the teabags. I still don't quite know where GOP will be headed in the future, but their best bet is to cut ties with Teabags. Teabags were the ones bringing the party down. They need to draw more moderates to beat Hillary and teabags were not helping the cause.

There. Does that make sense?

BoutPractice
02-28-2016, 06:37 AM
I disagree with that interpretation. There's another narrative which looks something like this: both the Tea Party and Occupy were on to something. The "moderate" mainstream that had supported unfunded wars abroad and helped cause the financial crisis at home were the ones out of step with the people and the times, and it was inevitable that some alternative would emerge both on the right and the left. Voters desperately wanted new blood, new ideas, and politicians adjusted.

However there was a danger inherent in the Tea Party approach, which was the mixture of anti-government ideology, anger as a main driver, nationalism, and a single minded focus on Obama and his purported "foreign" attributes.

While the Tea Party was immediately successful and essentially took over the entire Republican party in one year, there was a poisonous ambiguity and divide in the movement from the start: were Tea Partiers angry because of big government, taxes, bailouts, cronyism, and fighting for constitutional principles and some form of "libertarian" ideology? (Think Ron Paul)

Was their anger essentially nihilistic - anger for the sake of anger, where voting serves to "send a message" to the arrogant Washington elites? (Think Sarah Palin)

Were they nationalists wrapped in the flag who wanted to kick ass and "make America great again", believing the best way to achieve that would be through a strong leader? (The sentiment behind Bush 04, minus support for the Iraq War)

Or was their anger racially and culturally motived, ie an apocalyptic fear of White America being gradually replaced with Rainbow America? (Think Pat Buchanan and a lot of the talk radio right)

Political entrepreneurs placed their bets for 2016, and we're now seeing the results. The most strictly constitutionalist part of the Tea Party led to Rand Paul. It turned out to amount to very little in terms of actual votes. Some of the constitutionalists allied with the nihilists and evangelists to support Ted Cruz... And some of the constitutionalists rallied with the nationalists and the establishment to support Marco Rubio (aka W 2.0, or the Tea Party reduced to a "meet the new boss, same as the old boss" generational change) Finally, a coalition of the nihilist, nativist and nationalist strand produced Trump.

But even as the movement that the right had managed to ride to two consecutive midterm victories was splitting, Trump turned out to have a bigger support than most predicted and was able to build a broader coalition out of its remains, possibly because:

- a lot of independents are closet nativists (the Ross Perot vote), bringing new voters to the Republican primaries
- the nihilists support Trump because they think he'll "shake things up"
- the nationalists support Trump because they think he'll restore order (note the misunderstanding there, which only a strong yet amoral man like Trump can bridge)
- the moneyed establishment finally figured out that a rich guy with malleable views and folk hero status among the people might just be what they needed to hold on to power in an era of populist anger. It's not pretty, but it's their last chance before the rabble bring out the pitchforks.

And this is how you go from the Tea Party (in theory a movement about liberty and big government) to a kind of authoritarian nationalism. You can say the confusion was always there, but it's unfair to caricature the Tea Party as a movement that was always going to produce a Trump. There were just different strands, and one was able to win out...

Well, it doesn't have to be a "was". You can still stop that man if you want. The question is, will you?

DonD13
02-28-2016, 06:49 AM
don't let Muslims in your country! vote Trump!

don't let Mexican rapists in your country, build a fence.

he's also the only one that could control the internet and finally put humans on Mars.
i also like that he would make batty-marriage illegal again

DonD13
02-28-2016, 07:02 AM
i read that he would institutionalize torture again

does anybody know what methods he would prefer?

me, i'm a fan of heretic forks and thumbscrews but i'm sure we have techniques that are more fun in the 21th century

Bosnian Sajo
02-28-2016, 07:46 AM
If it's Hillary vs Trump, Trump wins. If it's Bernie vs Trump, Bernie wins.

Because it seems like Hillary will be representing the democrats, they shook because they know how most people will vote.

ALBballer
02-28-2016, 12:28 PM
[QUOTE=DonDadda59]200 Republican money men (http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/25/politics/rubio-republican-convention/) met with Rubio behind closed doors recently to come up with a plan to engineer a brokered convention.

[INDENT]'While still hopeful that Mr. Rubio might prevail, Mr. McConnell has begun preparing senators for the prospect of a Trump nomination, assuring them that, if it threatened to harm them in the general election, they could run negative ads about Mr. Trump to create space between him and Republican senators seeking re-election. Mr. McConnell has raised the possibility of treating Mr. Trump

Draz
02-28-2016, 12:36 PM

Because it seems like Hillary will be representing the democrats, they shook because they know how most people will vote.
The entire republican party and majority of the people here believe if it's Trump vs Bernie it'll be Trump, but if it's Trump vs Hilary, it's Hilary. Cruz said it himself, Trump will lose if he goes up against Hilary

Dresta
02-28-2016, 02:01 PM
[QUOTE=DonDadda59]200 Republican money men (http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/25/politics/rubio-republican-convention/) met with Rubio behind closed doors recently to come up with a plan to engineer a brokered convention.

Duderonomy
02-28-2016, 02:16 PM
I'm not Trump supporter ( whatever that means :lol ) but if Mitch McConnell is against him winning that's a good thing. Turkey neck Mitch is the epitome of bought and paid for.Bitch Mcconnell has his head so far up Charley Koch's ass he could tell you what he had for breakfast.

Lebron23
02-28-2016, 02:17 PM
I'm not Trump supporter ( whatever that means :lol ) but if Mitch McConnell is against him winning that's a good thing. Turkey neck Mitch is the epitome of bought and paid for.Bitch Mcconnell has his head so far up Charley Koch's ass he could tell you what he had for breakfast.

I hope someone guillotine choke you.

9erempiree
02-28-2016, 10:02 PM
They're envious and wish the Trump movement would belong to Bernie.

30k people at a rally today.:applause:

DonDadda59
02-28-2016, 10:24 PM

God damn you're stupid. You never have any idea about what's going on, do you? So establishment Republicans are showing themselves more willing to support Hilary over Trump and you take that as what? Proof that they know Trump is gonna lose? What nonsense! Even if they knew he was going to lose, it would be unprecedented and disgraceful to help the candidate of the opposing party--these people are ignoring all electoral accountability, they're corrupt to the bone. All it means, if you'd open your beady little eyes for a second, is that the Republican establishment would prefer Hilary over Trump, and what a big surprise that is :rolleyes:.

Oh wait, it's not surprising at all, because Hilary is just as corrupt as them, and they know they can perpetuate their corruption and double-dealing under her watch; there's a reason Hilary has the support of scum of the earth like Henry Kissinger, and yet you keep on shilling for her like some blind ignoramus. It's pathetic.

People like you are so easily manipulated by propaganda it's sickening: these people are playing you like a banjo and you have literally no clue. You think you're a liberal, but the truth is, that people like you, who're willingly supporting a corrupt and degraded establishment, one that only serves the wants of elites, are the new conservatives--you want to perpetuate a status quo that even lots of stupid people have seen to be a failure. You're a conservative masquerading as a radical. Not only that, but you're a thoughtless conservative, one that clings blindly to the status quo, regardless of how bad things have become, or how corrupt the political elites are. American politics has so seriously deteriorated that there's no longer anything worth preserving, and so the conservatives have become radicals, and vice versa--you now shill for a hollowed out shell of a political system, you want to conserve flagrant corruption and criminality; you're a joke.

Who hurt you? (https://youtu.be/QpnvTjtpyIg?t=11s) :(

Nick Young
03-11-2016, 02:10 PM
Dems are voting Republican to try to sabotage Trump.

I have never seen this level of SHOOKoldry in politics.

I thought Trump was a joke meme candidate? Why are the Dems terrified of him becoming the GOP candidate?

senelcoolidge
03-11-2016, 02:37 PM
Now Rubio is telling people to vote for Kasitch. Anything to stop Trump. These insider sold out politicians are shook. Dems are shook as well.

UK2K
03-11-2016, 02:41 PM

This.

Nick Young
03-11-2016, 02:47 PM
Now Rubio is telling people to vote for Kasitch. Anything to stop Trump. These insider sold out politicians are shook. Dems are shook as well.
They all know what is coming.
http://oi64.tinypic.com/35cpopc.jpg

NumberSix
03-11-2016, 03:28 PM
I'll be officially endorsing a candidate soon.

longtime lurker
03-11-2016, 03:37 PM

No just no :lol Donald Trump is a worldwide joke. I doubt that there's enough people who want to make America dumb again.

DonDadda59
03-11-2016, 03:44 PM
They all know what is coming.
http://oi64.tinypic.com/35cpopc.jpg

Total Cumailative Votes for each party's leaders...

Clinton- 4, 574,561
Trump- 3,899,756

Even with the record turnout for the elephants, Drumpf stays losing to Slick Willy' s cyborg. :yaohappy:

NumberSix
03-11-2016, 03:47 PM
Total Cumailative Votes for each party's leaders...

Clinton- 4, 574,561
Trump- 3,899,756

Even with the record turnout for the elephants, Drumpf stays losing to Slick Willy' s cyborg. :yaohappy:
When the voting started, there were 12 republican candidates compared to 2 democrats.

DonDadda59
03-11-2016, 03:56 PM
When the voting started, there were 12 republican candidates compared to 2 democrats.

Being a part of the pack vs being an alpha.

All the betas on the Dem side dropped out for a reason.

longtime lurker
03-11-2016, 03:59 PM

No just no :lol Donald Trump is a worldwide joke. I doubt that there's enough people who want to make America dumb again.

Nick Young
03-11-2016, 04:13 PM
Being a part of the pack vs being an alpha.

All the betas on the Dem side dropped out for a reason.
Clinton-the preselected party shill, chosen as the Dem candidate before the race even begins, having trouble putting down the real meme candidate of the race old man Sanders.

Trump-the GOP was against him, the media was against him, every single GOP candidate was gunning for him as public enemy number one and he still managed to dominate the race so far, and bring in millions of new voters in the process.

TheMan
03-11-2016, 06:25 PM
Clinton-the preselected party shill, chosen as the Dem candidate before the race even begins, having trouble putting down the real meme candidate of the race old man Sanders.

Trump-the GOP was against him, the media was against him, every single GOP candidate was gunning for him as public enemy number one and he still managed to dominate the race so far, and bring in millions of new voters in the process.
These posts will be deliciously tasty come November, and we'll be laughing at all you Drumpfees :lol