PDA

View Full Version : Curry vs peak Jordan 1 on 1

Ca$H
02-28-2016, 01:13 AM
2s count as 2s and 3s count as 3s. No make it take it. Alternate possessions. 10 minute game. I think Curry could actually win. MJ would score on every possession but it would be mostly 2s. If Curry is on fire from 3 like he has been these last few games Curry would beat him.

warriorfan
02-28-2016, 01:14 AM
With 2's and 3's it would be close

If it was 1's and 2's Curry would win for sure

You Cant Ban Me
02-28-2016, 01:15 AM
why you always lying?
why you always lyling?
o my god
stop fking lying

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/018/847/e4a829e2-502a-42d4-898f-f3169442026b-bestSizeAvailable.png

Ca$H
02-28-2016, 01:18 AM
With 2's and 3's it would be close

If it was 1's and 2's Curry would win for sure

Nobody would beat Curry under those circumstances.

Foster5k
02-28-2016, 01:18 AM
Nah, Curry is the greatest shooter to ever play, but he's not winning versus Jordan 1 on 1. Jordan's skill set is perfect for 1 on 1.

Doubt Curry would even beat peak Kobe 1 on 1. Peak Kobe would probably demolish Curry 1 on 1.

Curry is on another level in team basketball. However, his skill set wouldn't translate well versus the legendary guards like peak Jordan, peak Kobe, peak Wade, etc...

Peak Wade would murder Curry.

So, no, he would not beat Jordan 1 on 1. Jordan would win 10 out of 10 times.

tmacattack33
02-28-2016, 01:22 AM
MJ would post him up every time

But 1-on-1 is not basketball. In a game of basketball, Curry can come off screens like nobody else, can affect the defense just by standing 30 feet away from the basket and forcing a defender to stand there with him, and can use his great passing vision.

sekachu
02-28-2016, 04:07 AM
2s count as 2s and 3s count as 3s. No make it take it. Alternate possessions. 10 minute game. I think Curry could actually win. MJ would score on every possession but it would be mostly 2s. If Curry is on fire from 3 like he has been these last few games Curry would beat him.

You don't even know how strong MJ individual defensively. Curry wouldn't even able to get his rhythm on in front of him.

Rose'sACL
02-28-2016, 04:10 AM
on current pace Curry will retire as GOAT but i will always give Jordan will beat him 1-on-1 easily by posting him up. Durant, LeBron, Jordan etc will easily post up Curry.
Stopping someone from shooting a 3 is a lot easier in 1-on-1.

Magic 32
02-28-2016, 04:14 AM
on current pace Curry will retire as GOAT

He has to do this for 4 more seasons.

And he has to win at least 5 MVP's, 5 FMVP's and 6 championship.

MJ's perfection can be stifling.

And Curry has not shown to be a consistent playoff performer.

He looked very human against the Grizz and Cavs last year.

plowking
02-28-2016, 04:24 AM
Jordan would ruin him.

Guys like Durant and Blake Griffin would ruin both him and Curry.

Those long, big, athletic 3's and 4's dominate 1 on 1's. Prime Garnett would have destroyed most all time greats in 1 on 1's but he has never remotely come close to being that go to scorer on a team.

Phantom84
02-28-2016, 04:28 AM
Lol Jordan won DPOY as a guard. Also, is there a ref and do they allow hand checking and physical defense? If they do, then Jordan win every time because Curry is going to have a hard time getting his shot off and doesn't have the speed to blow by prime Jordan. Jordan would destroy Curry 1 vs 1 :lol .

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/slides/photos/002/229/963/72521138_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

Spurs m8
02-28-2016, 04:29 AM
They're both amazing offensively....

It'd basically be lost to the worst defender.

And we all know who that is....

MJ would actually wipe the floor with Curry tbh

Marchesk
02-28-2016, 04:38 AM
Lettuce be real here,

Prime Oscar would beat Curry 1 on 1. So would have Sidney Moncrief for that matter.

Foster5k
02-28-2016, 04:39 AM
Didn't a guy by the name of Matthew Dellavedova make Curry look human in the Finals?

0% chance of beating Jordan 1 on 1.

Harison
02-28-2016, 04:45 AM
Curry wouldnt have a chance. MJ is taller, faster, smarter, meaner and can play the defense. The only thing their game is comparably good is offense.

Spurs m8
02-28-2016, 04:55 AM
There's been more sense in this thread than I thought there'd be straight up

CAstill
02-28-2016, 06:49 AM
Jordan takes it quite easily. That post up back down to turn around fade away from mid range over the top of curry is going to demoralize him. Exact same results with Kobe.

Ca$H
02-28-2016, 11:19 AM
If Curry chucks 10 3s from 32 feet and makes 7 out of 10 while Jordan makes 10/10 2s Curry wins 21 to 20.

IGOTGAME
02-28-2016, 11:29 AM
Jordan takes it quite easily. That post up back down to turn around fade away from mid range over the top of curry is going to demoralize him. Exact same results with Kobe.

why would he fade away? he could legit just back down Curry and dunk every time.

La Frescobaldi
02-28-2016, 12:20 PM

if that's the case of course Curry wins easily. this is assuming actual foul rules, not streetball.

jordan can back him down all he wants or do whatever and no curry isn't stopping him so what? it doesn't matter jordan wasn't good at 3s.

3-2
6-4
9-6
12-8
15-10

I mean that's easy to figure... even for ish.

La Frescobaldi
02-28-2016, 12:21 PM
why would he fade away? he could legit just back down Curry and dunk every time.

and he's still losing to curry.

Harison
02-28-2016, 12:25 PM
if that's the case of course Curry wins easily. this is assuming actual foul rules, not streetball.

jordan can back him down all he wants or do whatever and no curry isn't stopping him so what? it doesn't matter jordan wasn't good at 3s.

3-2
6-4
9-6
12-8
15-10

I mean that's easy to figure... even for ish.
In what universe AMC shoots 100% 3PT, with GOAT perimeter defender on him, no less? While MJ dunking every attempt on Curry can actually get to (or near) 100% FG.

Johnny Jones
02-28-2016, 12:41 PM
Curry is getting lucky. Hes not actually this good. All luck

Ca$H
02-28-2016, 12:41 PM
In what universe AMC shoots 100% 3PT, with GOAT perimeter defender on him, no less? While MJ dunking every attempt on Curry can actually get to (or near) 100% FG.

Curry would have to chuck long 3s from 30 feet out. I think he can go 7/10 from 30 feet while MJ goes 10/10 on 2s. If MJ plays tight defense 30 feet away then Curry can blow by him for a layup. They can exchange 2s if that is the way MJ wants to play. When there is 2 minutes left in the game Curry can decide to start chucking some from half court if MJ plays tight defense from half court Curry can just blow by him and pull up for some regular 3s.

Chadwin
02-28-2016, 01:08 PM
Curry is making 41.1% of his threes right now with his man 2-4 feet away. He would need 18 attempts against MJ to win at that rate. MJ only needs 11 shots to beat Curry if he just backs him down every time.

So no, Curry isn't going to beat him raining threes.

HenryGarfunkle
02-28-2016, 01:14 PM
Please stop this JOrdan/Curry comparison. Jesus Christ guys, come on. Jordan would destroy Curry 1 vs. 1 and as a team player. Curry spams regular season 3's, but gets shut down in the finals and gets 0 fmvp votes. LeBron destroyed Curry so badly he wound up with more votes on the losing team.

Jordan was dominant on both ends, for almost his whole career. Curry has had two great regular seasons, and only one offensively that compares with Jordan. (mainly because Curry has a team surrounded by players that perfectly fit his style)

You buffoons live in the moment. Curry routinely gets dominated by KD/LeBron... and Jordan would destroy him too

Warriors might be the best team ever, but Curry isn't close to being the best player ever. **** you idiots.

La Frescobaldi
02-28-2016, 04:54 PM
Curry would have to chuck long 3s from 30 feet out. I think he can go 7/10 from 30 feet while MJ goes 10/10 on 2s. If MJ plays tight defense 30 feet away then Curry can blow by him for a layup. They can exchange 2s if that is the way MJ wants to play. When there is 2 minutes left in the game Curry can decide to start chucking some from half court if MJ plays tight defense from half court Curry can just blow by him and pull up for some regular 3s.

this kid is shooting 50% from over 30 feet

Dresta
02-28-2016, 04:59 PM
Jordan would ruin him.

Guys like Durant and Blake Griffin would ruin both him and Curry.

Those long, big, athletic 3's and 4's dominate 1 on 1's. Prime Garnett would have destroyed most all time greats in 1 on 1's but he has never remotely come close to being that go to scorer on a team.
Yeah, this. Curry would struggle to create enough space with a long, quick and athletic defender on him, and no screens to help free him up.

G0ATbe
02-28-2016, 06:16 PM
And so the myth of Jordan being some sort of all time great defender continues I see:lol . It's easy to look decent on D when you got the 2 best defenders of that era backing you up.

TheMan
02-28-2016, 06:23 PM
People who create these kinds of threads have absolutely no idea that 1 v 1 is very different than team basketball. They also very obviously never watched prime Jordan to even fathom that current Curry could give prime Jordan a challenge :facepalm

You don't even have to go back that far, as others here posted, prime Kobe, Wade and Durant would thrash him. Hell, prime LeBron would destroy him. These guy are strong, bigger and Curry isn't quick enough to get past them. Curry would have to shoot contested 3s. And imagine Stephan in an island against Bron :eek:

Yeah, Curry is such a great shooter that he'd hit some awesome shots but all Bron would have to do is post him up or get a head of steam and roll Curry like a 12 year old playing an adult :lol

Curry is on a GOAT shooting streak but his game is made for team basketball (absolutely nothing wrong with that, it is a team game), he moves without the ball, he creates for his teammates, he's sneaky quick and can get to the hoop if his opponant overplays him but in a 1 v 1 against the GOAT players mentioned, he's getting brutally fisted, dry and hard :roll:

CAstill
02-28-2016, 06:40 PM

Because he's not shaq and his turn around on smaller players was automatic, did you even watch Jordan? He's more likely to post up and baseline spin to dunk, not back down and dunk over him.

TheMan
02-28-2016, 06:40 PM
and he's still losing to curry.
You're an idiot.

This isn't a game of HORSE, DPOY Jordan is gonna be on Curry's grill 30 ft out. Curry isn't quick enough nor atrong or big enough to get past Jordan to the hole. Curry is gonna have to launch contested 3s with Jordan all up on his face. Chances are that Jordan will block more of the shots Curry chucks than he makes :facepalm

Then when Jordan has the ball, he can back Curry all the way to the hole and dunk on every possession.

It's no contest, in a team game, Curry could get his shot off moving off the ball and moving through screens, in 1 v 1, it's way different.

Jordan would beat him every time, easily too.

CAstill
02-28-2016, 06:43 PM
You're an idiot.

This isn't a game of HORSE, DPOY Jordan is gonna be on Curry's grill 30 ft out. Curry isn't quick enough nor atrong or big enough to get past Jordan to the hole. Curry is gonna have to launch contested 3s with Jordan all up on his face. Chances are that Jordan will block more of the shots Curry chucks than he makes :facepalm

Then when Jordan has the ball, he can back Curry all the way to the hole and dunk on every possession.

It's no contest, in a team game, Curry could get his shot off moving off the ball and moving through screens, in 1 v 1, it's way different.

Yes he is.

tpols
02-28-2016, 06:47 PM
Curry would have to shoot contested 3s. And imagine Stephan in an island against Bron :eek:

:wtf:

Let's ask Jason Terry and kawhi Leonard how that went for bron ..

But I agree mj would win because he's much quicker and could lock curry down.

TheMan
02-28-2016, 06:50 PM
And so the myth of Jordan being some sort of all time great defender continues I see:lol . It's easy to look decent on D when you got the 2 best defenders of that era backing you up.
This moron :facepalm

Jordan won DPOY when Pip was a rookie and way before he became his Robin. Rodman wasn't a teammate either until almost a decade later you blithering idiot.

TheMan
02-28-2016, 06:57 PM
:wtf:

Let's ask Jason Terry and kawhi Leonard how that went for bron ..

But I agree mj would win because he's much quicker and could lock curry down.
We're talking about 1 v 1 though.

Jason Terry 1 v 1 against Bron has zero chance at beating him.

Kawhi has a better chance but prime LBJ >>> any version of KL so far. Prime Bron still beats Leonard in a 1 v 1 but he'd challenge him more than Curry or Terry, obviously.

La Frescobaldi
02-28-2016, 06:58 PM
People who create these kinds of threads have absolutely no idea that 1 v 1 is very different than team basketball. They also very obviously never watched prime Jordan to even fathom that current Curry could give prime Jordan a challenge :facepalm

You don't even have to go back that far, as others here posted, prime Kobe, Wade and Durant would thrash him. Hell, prime LeBron would destroy him. These guy are strong, bigger and Curry isn't quick enough to get past them. Curry would have to shoot contested 3s. And imagine Stephan in an island against Bron :eek:

Yeah, Curry is such a great shooter that he'd hit some awesome shots but all Bron would have to do is post him up or get a head of steam and roll Curry like a 12 year old playing an adult :lol

Curry is on a GOAT shooting streak but his game is made for team basketball (absolutely nothing wrong with that, it is a team game), he moves without the ball, he creates for his teammates, he's sneaky quick and can get to the hoop if his opponant overplays him but in a 1 v 1 against the GOAT players mentioned, he's getting brutally fisted, dry and hard :roll:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wdi1c5noDs

La Frescobaldi
02-28-2016, 06:59 PM
You're an idiot.

lol

feelings.... nothing more than..... feelings.....

Foster5k
02-28-2016, 07:09 PM
There's no guard in the history of the NBA that could beat Jordan 1 on 1.

Peak Kobe Bryant would have the best chance, but even he would lose to Jordan. It would be close though.

Curry has 0% chance vs peak Jordan in a 1 on 1. This thread comical.

Like the other guy said, people seem to forget that Jordan's defense was also on another level. He's one of the best defensive guards of all time.

As I said earlier, Jordan's skill set is perfect for 1 on 1. Curry wouldn't know what hit him.

kshutts1
02-28-2016, 07:09 PM
Man... so many people in this thread have already stated that, and why, Jordan would ruin Curry.

I don't want to discount what Curry is doing, but he could NOT do this on any other team. I'm not, at all, saying he's a product of the system; the dude is historically good and talented. But if he was on any team other than the Warriors or Spurs, he'd be just another star.

Curry is, straight up, a team basketball player. Perfect era, perfect team for him to shine. He would get beat by any all time great guard/wing. Pippen, Jordan, West, Wade, Kobe, Oscar, Magic, Isiah, Sid... they'd all beat him.

Curry needs separation, and without teammates setting picks to worry about, plus no teammates to whom Curry can pass, or help out if Curry's man beats him? Come on now.

TheMan
02-28-2016, 07:32 PM
lol

feelings.... nothing more than..... feelings.....
Common sense, bruh.

It's as if you've never played 1 v 1 and team basketball.

It's totally different.

Curry has the long distance shooting advantage over Jordan...that's it.

MJ is bigger, quicker, faster, stronger, better defender (not even a contest), post up game, midrange etc.

Jordan could contest every shot Curry takes, MJ could use his size and strenght to either shoot over Curry or get layups/dunks whenever he wants.

KD is a much better matchup vs MJ than Curry (hopefully I don't need to explain why :facepalm).

La Frescobaldi
02-28-2016, 11:32 PM
Common sense, bruh.

It's as if you've never played 1 v 1 and team basketball.

It's totally different.

Curry has the long distance shooting advantage over Jordan...that's it.

MJ is bigger, quicker, faster, stronger, better defender (not even a contest), post up game, midrange etc.

Jordan could contest every shot Curry takes, MJ could use his size and strenght to either shoot over Curry or get layups/dunks whenever he wants.

KD is a much better matchup vs MJ than Curry (hopefully I don't need to explain why :facepalm).
I guess you better explain it then.
Because to me Michael Jordan would waste Durant. It would be pure annihilation.

ClipperRevival
02-29-2016, 12:22 AM
Chances of Curry slowing down MJ? Zilch.
Chances of MJ slowing down Curry? Much higher.

No defender in the history of mankind can slow down MJ one on one.MJ was doubled and triple teamed for the vast majority of his career and still became the GOAT. When he's facing you from the triple threat position, you are truly at his mercy. MJ is taller, stronger, faster, quicker, longer, can jump higher, is more explosive and the better all around offensive player. Not to mention a GOAT level defender, especially his on the ball D, which 1 on 1 is about.

MJ would embarrass Curry in most games. I can see Curry possibly winning a few here there when his shot is just lights out and he loses MJ a couple of times with his fancy dribbling but for the most part, MJ rapes Curry.

ClipperRevival
02-29-2016, 12:25 AM
I guess you better explain it then.
Because to me Michael Jordan would waste Durant. It would be pure annihilation.

KD is the type of guy who would hold up well against almost anyone in history in 1 on 1 because of his natural size advantage along with his ability to score at will. Height, length, size, etc all matter in 1 on 1 because many times, it becomes a game of just backing down the other guy and taking 5-8 footers. No shot clock, no double, no help, that's the smart thing to do.

I would give KD a much better chance at beating MJ 1 on 1 than Curry.

Mr. Jabbar
02-29-2016, 02:22 AM
Kobe and jordan are better suited for 1on1 curry is better in a team setup, lebron is better at airballs. different beasts

Lakersfamftw
02-29-2016, 02:51 AM
There's no guard in the history of the NBA that could beat Jordan 1 on 1.

Peak Kobe Bryant would have the best chance, but even he would lose to Jordan. It would be close though.

Curry has 0% chance vs peak Jordan in a 1 on 1. This thread comical.

Like the other guy said, people seem to forget that Jordan's defense was also on another level. He's one of the best defensive guards of all time.

As I said earlier, Jordan's skill set is perfect for 1 on 1. Curry wouldn't know what hit him.Michael Jordan himself admit that Kobe ain't back down. He said that Kobe would beat him if it's just 1 on 1. If that's all it is, that's Kobe's strong suit.
By michaels admission.

jstern
02-29-2016, 03:05 AM
Michael Jordan himself admit that Kobe ain't back down. He said that Kobe would beat him if it's just 1 on 1. If that's all it is, that's Kobe's strong suit.
By michaels admission.

It's unbelievable how a joke by Michael Jordan can be taken as fact.

Lakersfamftw
02-29-2016, 03:06 AM
It's unbelievable how a joke by Michael Jordan can be taken as fact.

Show me where Jordan sad he was joking?
How can you prove it was a joke?

TomBrady
02-29-2016, 03:09 AM
Michael Jordan himself admit that Kobe ain't back down. He said that Kobe would beat him if it's just 1 on 1. If that's all it is, that's Kobe's strong suit.
By michaels admission.
So a player worse than Jordan at basically everything beats him in 1v1?

https://45.media.tumblr.com/335c74cd969143c09fa939db21d369bd/tumblr_nesxmkxM4v1ttma2yo1_250.gif

Lakersfamftw
02-29-2016, 03:11 AM
So a player worse than Jordan at basically everything beats him in 1v1?

https://45.media.tumblr.com/335c74cd969143c09fa939db21d369bd/tumblr_nesxmkxM4v1ttma2yo1_250.gif

Range? Dumbass?
You gown tell me Jordan himself didn't admit that Kobe would beat em.
Bring up that quote. The man whose side your arguing ADMITTED that Kobe would beat him. But some guy on the Internet thinks otherwise?

I've seen it all.

ClipperRevival
02-29-2016, 03:11 AM
:oldlol: Because he's Michael freaken Jordan you genius. He never concedes anything to anyone on the basketball court.

Spurs m8
02-29-2016, 03:12 AM
As if Jordan was serious LOL

Lakersfamftw
02-29-2016, 03:12 AM
:oldlol: Because he's Michael freaken Jordan you genius. He never concedes anything to anyone on the basketball court.Like I said to the above poster, Jordan conceded that he'd lose to Kobe.
Show me that he was joking. Prove that. You can't.
He SAID that Kobe would beat him and you gown cry and argue against what HE said?:roll: :roll:

Lakersfamftw
02-29-2016, 03:13 AM
As if Jordan was serious LOL
.prove that he wasn't. Queer.

ClipperRevival
02-29-2016, 03:15 AM
Like I said to the above poster, Jordan conceded that he'd lose to Kobe.
Show me that he was joking. Prove that. You can't.
He SAID that Kobe would beat him and you gown cry and argue against what HE said?:roll: :roll:

Ok. MJ said Kobe would beat him and was serious. Happy?

Funktion
02-29-2016, 03:15 AM
.prove that he wasn't. Queer.

Damn man you must be the most imbred dumb *** in the history of ISH. Slap your pawpaw for me.

jstern
02-29-2016, 03:17 AM

Just watch the video, it's so obvious. He was making a joke about how Kobe stole all his move. If anything he's praising himself. In another interview Kobe was complaining about how his good friend Michael Jordan is always teasing him about stealing all of his move. Seemed a little annoyed.

Every time Jordan sees his good friend Patrick Ewing, he reminds him of the dunk he had on him, after he shook off Starks and Oakley. Every single time. It kind of sounds to me, judging by how a little annoyed Kobe looked when saying that, that Michael is always ribbing him about stealing his moves.

La Frescobaldi
02-29-2016, 03:20 AM
KD is the type of guy who would hold up well against almost anyone in history in 1 on 1 because of his natural size advantage along with his ability to score at will. Height, length, size, etc all matter in 1 on 1 because many times, it becomes a game of just backing down the other guy and taking 5-8 footers. No shot clock, no double, no help, that's the smart thing to do.

I would give KD a much better chance at beating MJ 1 on 1 than Curry.

Kevin Durant is not going to post Michael Jordan. Not ever happening on any planet.
Leonard destroys him regularly.
Jordan would make him cry every single possession no matter one of them which had the ball. Totally serious Durant is not remotely in that category.

Lakersfamftw
02-29-2016, 03:21 AM
Just watch the video, it's so obvious. He was making a joke about how Kobe stole all his move. If anything he's praising himself. In another interview Kobe was complaining about how his good friend Michael Jordan is always teasing him about stealing all of his move. Seemed a little annoyed.

Every time Jordan sees his good friend Patrick Ewing, he reminds him of the dunk he had on him, after he shook off Starks and Oakley. Every single time. It kind of sounds to me, judging by how a little annoyed Kobe looked when saying that, that Michael is always ribbing him about stealing his moves.

Seems like you and the above 2 posters are reaching. JORDAN said it himself.
We can agree to disagree though folks. Stay believe ing that Jordan would win. I'll listen to the man instead. Tell me how Jordan s gown stick with Kobe given his range :oldlol:

jstern
02-29-2016, 03:30 AM
Seems like you and the above 2 posters are reaching. JORDAN said it himself.
We can agree to disagree though folks. Stay believe ing that Jordan would win. I'll listen to the man instead. Tell me how Jordan s gown stick with Kobe given his range :oldlol:
Ok, I see that you're just trolling. Nm.

ClipperRevival
02-29-2016, 03:34 AM
Kevin Durant is not going to post Michael Jordan. Not ever happening on any planet.
Leonard destroys him regularly.
Jordan would make him cry every single possession no matter one of them which had the ball. Totally serious Durant is not remotely in that category.
:biggums:

We still talking about the same Durant? The near 7 footer, with freakish length, athletic, almost unlimited range, can put it on the floor and with a sick set of step back and fade away jumpers who also happens to be one of the best scorers ever? I am not saying he beats MJ but he would give MJ a much stiffer challenge 1 on 1 than Curry. Like I said, in 1 on 1, height, length and size matter.

La Frescobaldi
02-29-2016, 03:45 AM
:biggums:

We still talking about the same Durant? The near 7 footer, with freakish length, athletic, almost unlimited range, can put it on the floor and with a sick set of step back and fade away jumpers who also happens to be one of the best scorers ever? I am not saying he beats MJ but he would give MJ a much stiffer challenge 1 on 1 than Curry. Like I said, in 1 on 1, height, length and size matter.
yes the 6'9" in shoes guy with long arms, not as athletic as Mike but still great, nice range, etc.
that dude who is built like Pippen but without any of that defense.
You guys are almost perfectly backwards on this.

Jordan wouldn't have much difficulty destroying the mentality of Durant. Break his mind right on the court with pure physical prowess.
He's not stopping curry without flat fouling him - not even Mike.

CAstill
02-29-2016, 03:51 AM
Ok, I see that you're just trolling. Nm.

Jordan vs Kobe is the ultimate 1 on 1. Even Jordan knows it, quit being bitter.

ClipperRevival
02-29-2016, 04:08 AM
yes the 6'9" in shoes guy with long arms, not as athletic as Mike but still great, nice range, etc.
that dude who is built like Pippen but without any of that defense.
You guys are almost perfectly backwards on this.

Jordan wouldn't have much difficulty destroying the mentality of Durant. Break his mind right on the court with pure physical prowess.
He's not stopping curry without flat fouling him - not even Mike.

And Pip couldn't touch KD's offensive game. KD has the length to shoot over MJ and that alone is a huge factor in 1 on 1. He also has the superior range and heigh/length for rebounds. Let's just agree to disagree.

La Frescobaldi
02-29-2016, 08:03 AM
And Pip couldn't touch KD's offensive game. KD has the length to shoot over MJ and that alone is a huge factor in 1 on 1. He also has the superior range and heigh/length for rebounds. Let's just agree to disagree.

ok good.

Because we ABSOLUTELY DISAGREE about Urant.

Foster5k
02-29-2016, 09:37 AM
I don't know about Durant. He would have a much better chance to beat Jordan than Curry would.

I was strictly talking about guards. Jordan and Kobe Bryant pretty much unbeatable in a 1 on 1 versus any NBA guards in NBA history. Peak Wade probably is unbeatable too.

Jordan is on another level though. I remember watching him block rookie Shaq. Lmao. Dude is blocking rookie Shaq and people think he would lose to Curry in 1 on 1. :oldlol:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/29/d9/a9/29d9a9535f7675f6a30e21d6f46ba349.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/0f/58/7b/0f587b4ef97db164da1ca5b5b42715e3.jpg

Next level shit here folks. Jordan is not losing vs anyone in a 1 on 1. Curry would get literary destroyed.

DCL
02-29-2016, 10:00 AM
so people already forgot mj was DPOY and 9 X all-defensive first team?

diamenz
02-29-2016, 10:08 AM
curry would actually have a pretty good chance against mike with his jumpers. as far as i remember jordan's ego wouldn't let any drive on him so he'd sag off everyone and hope for a decent contest. curry would thrive on that.

otoh, curry ain't stoppin mj at all.

sd3035
02-29-2016, 10:13 AM
Gary Payton killed MJ one on one, Curry would make it look easy

DCL
02-29-2016, 10:27 AM
1-on-1 is a different animal.

there's no running up and down the court. there are no screens, no pick and rolls, no 3-sec in the key. none of that shit.

jordan is bigger and so much stronger than curry. mj could probably just back up like shaq and score 10-15 straight buckets on curry with 2-ft layups.

La Frescobaldi
02-29-2016, 01:27 PM
1-on-1 is a different animal.

there's no running up and down the court. there are no screens, no pick and rolls, no 3-sec in the key. none of that shit.

jordan is bigger and so much stronger than curry. mj could probably just back up like shaq and score 10-15 straight buckets on curry with 2-ft layups.

Nobody questions that to the point we can take it as given. But OP specifies no make it take it.

So the real question is can Mike stop Curry over every square inch of the entire area from the basket to 35 feet out.... all the way around both sides of the court.... and do that perfectly... so good that he doesn't even get that tiny paper-width of separation which is all Curry needs to be a Splash Brother.

I'm saying no.
Kerr is right, nobody can guard every inch of the court.

sd3035
02-29-2016, 01:27 PM
Pippen would murder MJ 1 on 1

Bawkish
02-29-2016, 01:34 PM
Pippen would murder MJ 1 on 1

unless he has migraines, no he won't

Cold soul
02-29-2016, 01:41 PM
Kobe would have best chance of beating MJ one on one but still Jordan would come out on top.

AirBonner
02-29-2016, 01:44 PM
Curry would get destroyed. This Curry talk is going too far.

DCL
02-29-2016, 02:29 PM
Nobody questions that to the point we can take it as given. But OP specifies no make it take it.

So the real question is can Mike stop Curry over every square inch of the entire area from the basket to 35 feet out.... all the way around both sides of the court.... and do that perfectly... so good that he doesn't even get that tiny paper-width of separation which is all Curry needs to be a Splash Brother.

I'm saying no.
Kerr is right, nobody can guard every inch of the court.

the math is simple. curry would have to hit 70% of his 3's to beat mike hitting 100% of his 2's. mike would just have to stay with the game plan and not fk around. bust his ass in the paint and go for guaranteed paint buckets. none of these slow half-ass off balanced shots that he sometimes showboats at his camp against tiny teenagers or fat executives.

then on defense, you're talking about mj the defender here. it's a half court game. there's no running up and down. so bald guy got all the energy in the world and he's going all out 100% on turbo defense on every play. curry ain't hitting 70% of his 3's with defense like that.

in a 1-on-1 game, mj's body would be so locked down and close to curry's that people might think they're having gay sex. total encapsulation. there are no screens to buy room. no one else to pass to. is curry hitting 70% of his outside shots like that??? does he even easily hit 70% of his 3's in a 3-point contest with no defenders anywhere?? he ain't hitting 70% on mj.

only important criteria that OP left out was shot clock. only weak ass way for curry to win -- if curry hits the first 3 and michael gets a quick 2 with 9 minutes on the game clock. then curry might just dribble for 9 whole minutes without taking another shot until game time. :oldlol: