PDA

View Full Version : Curry is better than Kobe

Pages : [1] 2

HOoopCityJones
02-28-2016, 06:09 PM
At passing and shooting.

But Kobe is the better rebounder, shot creator and defender.

Agree or disagree?

pastis
02-28-2016, 06:10 PM
why is kobe better as a shot creator?

Mr. Jabbar
02-28-2016, 06:11 PM
My 2 fav players, whata. Time!

D. Toretto
02-28-2016, 06:12 PM
Rebounder and defender, I would say yes. Shot creator? Well... That's tough. I would go with Curry but that could be my excitement about Curry atm. Dont know.

SugarHill
02-28-2016, 06:13 PM
Curry is better at creating his own shot tbh

HOoopCityJones
02-28-2016, 06:14 PM
why is kobe better as shot creator?

He could in myriad of ways like mid range, baseline drives, hook shots, tear drops etc. Including the long ass 3's everyone now crowns Curry as God for.

But i think Steph is clearly the better shooter and more consistent passer. His floor game is just amazing tbh.

outbreak
02-28-2016, 06:14 PM
So what you are saying is Curry is a better alpha and Kobe a better beta? Curry Batman and Kobe Robin?

HOoopCityJones
02-28-2016, 06:15 PM

Nope. Kareem has the most unstoppable shot with his hook shot and i'd still put Jordan or Kobe's shot creating ability over his. I get that the 3 seems automatic from him, but we've seen it get suppressed before, people just have short memory.

SugarHill
02-28-2016, 06:17 PM
He could in myriad of ways like mid range, baseline drives, hook shots, tear drops etc. Including the long ass 3's everyone now crowns Curry as God for.

But i think Steph is clearly the better shooter and more consistent passer. His floor game is just amazing tbh.

No one would argue that Curry has a bigger scoring skillset. Kobe likely has the greatest of all time but in terms of simply being able to score whenever you want, Curry has him beat. He shoots whenever he wants on whoever he wants. Kobe was working harder for his opportunities. So if you mean shot creator like actual more varied ways of scoring, okay, but who can get off a better look? Has to be Curry

Fire Colangelo
02-28-2016, 06:19 PM

All of that means nothing when you shoot 45%

Meanwhile Curry's career 3pt % is pretty much equal to Kobe's FG %... Kobe better shot creator tho :lol if shot creating = chucking shots up without accounting whether or not the shot goes in.... I guess Kobe has the edge.

HOoopCityJones
02-28-2016, 06:20 PM
No one would argue that Curry has a bigger scoring skillset. Kobe likely has the greatest of all time but in terms of simply being able to score whenever you want, Curry has him beat. He shoots whenever he wants on whoever he wants. Kobe was working harder for his opportunities. So if you mean shot creator like actual more varied ways of scoring, okay, but who can get off a better look? Has to be Curry

That's exactly what i said.

But for arguments sake , consider the times when the three is taken away. We've seen what it does to Curry.

Inferno
02-28-2016, 06:21 PM
That's exactly what i said.

But for arguments sake , consider the times when the three is taken away. We've seen what it does to Curry.

Curry can finish in the paint.

HOoopCityJones
02-28-2016, 06:26 PM
All of that means nothing when you shoot 45%

Meanwhile Curry's career 3pt % is pretty much equal to Kobe's FG %... Kobe better shot creator tho :lol if shot creating = chucking shots up without accounting whether or not the shot goes in.... I guess Kobe has the edge.

You sound alittle upset there brother. I don't really know what crawled up your ass but if you would care to remove Steph's **** from there for a second you would realize that what I'm saying is the complete and utter truth. The entire advanced metric generation is under the false conclusion that a few missed shots that puts Kobe's mere mortal 45% away from a guy like Lebron who's a career FG is 49 % is some how paramount to who's the better player.

You see a three go in at a good clip and think "Best there ever was". Steve Nash has a GOAT 3 pt % too, does that make him automatically better than Kob as well?

SugarHill
02-28-2016, 06:27 PM
You sound alittle upset there brother. I don't really know what crawled up your ass but if you would care to remove Steph's **** from there for a second you would realize that what I'm saying is the complete and utter truth. The entire advanced metric generation is under the false conclusion that a few missed shots that puts Kobe's mere mortal 45% away from a guy like Lebron who's a career FG is 49 % is some how paramount to who's the better player.

You see a three go in at a good clip and think "Best there ever was". Steve Nash has a GOAT 3 pt % too, does that make him automatically better than Kob as well?

Curry shoots better than Kobe from single part of the floor.

HOoopCityJones
02-28-2016, 06:28 PM
Curry can finish in the paint.

Better than Kobe Bryant?

HOoopCityJones
02-28-2016, 06:29 PM
Curry shoots better than Kobe from single part of the floor.

On lesser shots. :confusedshrug:

Kobe comes from the volume scoring era.

Inferno
02-28-2016, 06:30 PM
Better than Kobe Bryant?

Honestly don't know, I'd need to see their %'s :confusedshrug:

I don't think its a dumb argument if someone says Steph is offensively better than Kobe, though :confusedshrug:

T_L_P
02-28-2016, 06:30 PM
Curry right now is better than Kobe ever was, regardless of these breakdowns.

Just like he's better than Duncan, Garnett, Dirk, LeBron ever were.

SugarHill
02-28-2016, 06:31 PM
On lesser shots. :confusedshrug:

Kobe comes from the volume scoring era.
Kobe has 2 seasons where he scored as much as Curry this season and he did them in 40 minutes. That's an awful argument

Inferno
02-28-2016, 06:33 PM

Regular season, sure you can argue for it. I'll need to see Steph in the playoffs first, though.

HOoopCityJones
02-28-2016, 06:33 PM
Honestly don't know, I'd need to see their %'s :confusedshrug:

I don't think its a dumb argument if someone says Steph is offensively better than Kobe, though :confusedshrug:

There's definitely an argument for that, but we'll see how Curry does with longevity and consistency when compared to Kobe.

But I still think Kobe is the better shot creator and is just the more rounded fundamentally sound scorer. His arsenal just can't be matched. Getting to his spots with Footwork etc. But i'll admit Curry is right there with his footwork already.

Inferno
02-28-2016, 06:34 PM
There's definitely an argument for that, but we'll see how Curry does with longevity and consistency when compared to Kobe.

But I still think Kobe is the better shot creator and is just the more rounded fundamentally sound scorer. His arsenal just can't be matched. Getting to his spots with Footwork etc. But i'll admit Curry is right there with his footwork already.

:cheers: Hopefully Steph can keep up this dominance for a few more years

HOoopCityJones
02-28-2016, 06:36 PM
Kobe has 2 seasons where he scored as much as Curry this season and he did them in 40 minutes. That's an awful argument

My point was we'll never know who Kobe would be if he cared about how many shots he should or should not take get me? He has that Iverson mind set, he was just more successful doing it.

A lot of what they're currently crowning Curry as GOAT for , Kobe did for at least two straight seasons and he was on a way worse Team with way less talent and what I consider to be a tougher conference of that time. Mid 00's Suns, Spurs and Mavs?

CAstill
02-28-2016, 06:37 PM

Just stop speaking on basketball, you're really clueless to the game.
Curry has been on more talented rosters to open up his range and has had health on his side.
Kobe is still better.

Jameerthefear
02-28-2016, 06:44 PM
My point was we'll never know who Kobe would be if he cared about how many shots he should or should not take get me? He has that Iverson mind set, he was just more successful doing it.

A lot of what they're currently crowning Curry as GOAT for , Kobe did for at least two straight seasons and he was on a way worse Team with way less talent and what I consider to be a tougher conference of that time. Mid 00's Suns, Spurs and Mavs?
Kobe has literally never done what CUrry is doing. Stop.

HOoopCityJones
02-28-2016, 06:45 PM
Kobe has literally never done what CUrry is doing. Stop.

Kobe dropped 81 and 62 on a Finals Team in 3 quarters. Averaged 40 for like a month. :coleman:

I think you have that mixed up.

CAstill
02-28-2016, 06:49 PM
Kobe dropped 81 and 62 on a Finals Team in 3 quarters. Averaged 40 for like a month. :coleman:

Jameer is an idiot, just ignore him.

SuperPippen
02-28-2016, 06:52 PM
Currently is significantly better than Kobe ever was at every aspect of offense, with the exception of his post game (and Curry is a PG with absolutely no need for a post game, so that's completely irrelevant).

Shooting? No need to elaborate.

Ball-handling? Same as above. Curry is a wizard with the ball in a way that Kobe never was.

Finishing at the rim? Curry is the best finisher of any non-big man right now. He has some of the most elegant finishes in the league.

Passing? Curry averages 6.6 assists, and I'd even say that he's still an underrated passer. He's not at the Nash level of passing and playmaking, but he's great on his own right.

All of this is essentially undeniable. It's supported by Curry's complete and utter of dominance over Bryant in literally every offensive statistic, as well as by the eye-test, by team success, and really by any metric you want to use. That's not gonna stop deluded Stans like OP from denying it, but some people just refuse to acknowledge reality.

For the record, Kobe in the first half of his career was a far better defender than Curry ever will be. A better rebounder too, but otherwise Curry's superiority is clear.

Jameerthefear
02-28-2016, 06:54 PM

he's never been at the efficiency curry has. kobe needed a lot of shot attempts to put up his points. curry hardly needs any. curry is better than kobe ever was and it's very clear to everyone that isn't a stan.

Jameerthefear
02-28-2016, 06:55 PM
Currently is significantly better than Kobe ever was at every aspect of offense, with the exception of his post game (and Curry is a PG with absolutely no need for a post game, so that's completely irrelevant).

Ball-handling? Same as above. Curry is a wizard with the ball in a way that Kobe never was.

Finishing at the rim? Curry is the best finisher of any non-big man right now. He has some of the most elegant finishes in the league.

Passing? Curry averages 6.6 assists, and I'd even say that he's still an underrated passer. He's not at the Nash level of passing and playmaking, but he's great on his own right.

All of this is essentially undeniable. It's supported by Curry's complete and utter of dominance over Bryant in literally every offensive statistic, as well as by the eye-test, by team success, and really by any metric you want to use. That's not gonna stop deludes Stan's like OP from denying it, but some people just refuse to acknowledge reality.

For the record, Kobe in the first half of his career was a far better defender than Curry ever will be. A better rebounder too, but otherwise Curry's superiority is clear.
Yep. ^

HOoopCityJones
02-28-2016, 06:56 PM

All of this is essentially undeniable. It's supported by Curry's complete and utter of dominance over Bryant in literally every offensive statistic, as well as by the eye-test, by team success, and really by any metric you want to use. That's not gonna stop deludes Stan's like OP from denying it, but some people just refuse to acknowledge reality.

Agree on most of your points. But this notion that because Curry is the better shooter, especially where 3pt is concerned makes him a better scorer overall. Doesn't make much sense.

If that's the case Reggie and Ray are vastly underrated.

I think Kobe's defense and rebounding balance Curry's passing and shooting.

IllegalD
02-28-2016, 06:56 PM
he's never been at the efficiency curry has. kobe needed a lot of shot attempts to put up his points. curry hardly needs any. curry is better than kobe ever was and it's very clear to everyone that isn't a stan.

So defense doesn't matter? :confusedshrug:

Oh yeah, how about the fact that Curry plays in a soft defensive era.

Or at least thats what I always heard when people were trying to downplay Kobe's scoring binges in the 2000s compared to Jordan...

Funny how that doesn't apply anymore when you get a chance to prop up another player to knock down Kobe.

Hentai loving little twerp.

HOoopCityJones
02-28-2016, 06:58 PM

Like I told SugarHill, you guys need to stop pretending this protect my FG% mentality was always prevalent.

Guards/wings were shooting at a high clip in the era Kobe came up in.

Jameerthefear
02-28-2016, 06:59 PM
So defense doesn't matter? :confusedshrug:

Oh yeah, how about the fact that Curry plays in a soft defensive era.

Or at least thats what I always heard when people were trying to downplay Kobe's scoring binges in the 2000s compared to Jordan...

Funny how that doesn't apply anymore when you get a chance to prop up another player to knock down Kobe.

Hentai loving little twerp.
awww u mad? sorry the numbers and eye test and anyone with a brain say what i'm saying. keep crying little boy.

Jameerthefear
02-28-2016, 06:59 PM
Like I told SugarHill, you guys need to stop pretending this protect my FG% mentality was always prevalent.

Guards/wings were shooting at a high clip in the era Kobe came up in.
dude what the hell are you talking about?

HOoopCityJones
02-28-2016, 07:01 PM
dude what the hell are you talking about?

You're too young bro. Therefore stay out of these discussions since clearly your intro to basketball was Lebron James and Dwight fuccing Howard.

Jameerthefear
02-28-2016, 07:04 PM
You're too young bro. Therefore stay out of these discussions since clearly your intro to basketball was Lebron James and Dwight fuccing Howard.
Your response doesn't even make sense you moron. Curry takes less shots and gets a similar number of points because Curry shoots 3s at such a high %. Kobe can't compare. Curry shits on Kobe efficiency wise and that makes him a better scorer and player.

CAstill

You're a horrible basketball evaluator. Kobe was the better ball handler when healthy, always the better passer, better rebounder, better defender, better rim finisher, better ft shooter, mid range, and the better decoy. For as godly curry is from three, healthy Kobe was on the same tier and better when on fire. As a matter fact he was the more deadly shooter when covered. Currys team allows premium spacing. So shut your mouth and quit speaking on basketball. Don't bring up team success either because last time I checked Kobe was directly responsible for 2 different 3peats when he had help. That's peak Jordan tier, which curry isn't at.

T_L_P
Just stop speaking on basketball, you're really clueless to the game.
Curry has been on more talented rosters to open up his range and has had health on his side.
Kobe is still better.

More talented rosters = worse player?

I guess Hakeem and LeBron are undeniably better than MJ then?

T_L_P
02-28-2016, 07:06 PM
You're a horrible basketball evaluator. Kobe was the better ball handler when healthy, always the better passer, better rebounder, better defender, better rim finisher, better ft shooter, mid range, and the better decoy. For as godly curry is from three, healthy Kobe was on the same tier and better when on fire. As a matter fact he was the more deadly shooter when covered. Currys team allows premium spacing. So shut your mouth and quit speaking on basketball. Don't bring up team success either because last time I checked Kobe was directly responsible for 2 different 3peats when he had help. That's peak Jordan tier, which curry isn't at.

Curry is shooting 93.4% from the FT line this season (90.1% for his career).

Kobe's best season at this line is 86.8%, and his career FT% is 83.6.

What's next, Shaq was a better FT shooter than Curry? :oldlol:

Jameerthefear
02-28-2016, 07:10 PM

the funny thing is kobe fans would easily say curry is better than lebron this season (and i agree!)
lebron is the better rebounder, finisher, defender, passer
but curry is still better because he's so much better at one aspect. it's the same here.

CAstill
02-28-2016, 07:10 PM
More talented rosters = worse player?

I guess Hakeem and LeBron are undeniably better than MJ then?

What are you talking about? Jordan is the Goat and Hakeem and lebron are both top 15.
Curry has an awesome team around him to exploit his biggest strength which is the long ball, doesn't mean he's a better player than anyone you mentioned.

CAstill
02-28-2016, 07:17 PM

Good for him, he came in the watch my stats era and protect fg percentage that lebron and wade created. Nash had better percentages too, doesn't mean that when championship and final trips were on the line that Nash didn't choke and Kobe delivered because that's exactly what happened and it's the only thing that matters. Kobe will hit the free throw, curry hasn't proved anything.

lakers_forever
02-28-2016, 07:23 PM

How quick do they forget. Dude was outscoring by himself the best team in the league in 3 quarters. Kobe was the best player in the NBA in 2006, better than current Curry. So was 2006 Lebron. Both Jordanesque all around superstars.

lakers_forever
02-28-2016, 07:27 PM
I believe while Curry is absolutely terrific the Warriors system and supporting players are truly maximizing his scoring output. Because if he had Chris Mihm setting the pick for him while Smush and Walton are standing in the corners he ain't dropping 30 a game. So for some of you it might be easy to point to shooting percentages or whatever and say Curry is the better shot creator but frankly he just has it a lot easier. For him to create a high percentage shot he just has to make it inside 30 feet

Imagine with 2006 Kobe or prime Lebron had Klay and those guys from the Warriors to pass too when double teamed? Also having Green to make plays... :lol

pauk
02-28-2016, 07:37 PM
I would prefer this Curry over any version of Kobe.... its more of an acquired taste in gamestyle rather than who i think is better, i mean i would take Reggie Miller over him to, its a shooter thing and Curry just so happens to be the best ever at it (GOAT efficiency & production from longrange)...

IllegalD
02-28-2016, 07:43 PM
I would prefer this Curry over any version of Kobe.... its more of an acquired taste in gamestyle rather than who i think is better, i mean i would take Reggie Miller over him to, its a shooter thing and Curry just so happens to be the best ever at it (GOAT efficiency & production from longrange)...

Someone please ban this f*ggot for stupidity :facepalm

CAstill
02-28-2016, 07:48 PM

Yeah it is a shooter thing, and Jordan and Kobe happen to be the best shooters of all time with Bird finishing the clique. Tell reggie, Ray and steph to sit their asses down and do that stuff when your teammates don't allow you to be open.

SexSymbol
02-28-2016, 07:50 PM
So you would take Reggie Miller over kobe?

into the trash you go

Fire Colangelo
02-28-2016, 07:55 PM

Curry attempts 3 times as many attempts than Nash... While shooting a much better % on top of that.

You're obviously unable to make an argument without going into insults. You made a shitty Curry thread in disguise to prop up Kobe... And got called out for it by literally everyone in the thread.

Instead of coming up with a rubuttal you decided to insult me, yet I'm the upset one. :oldlol:

I posted all facts btw, I didn't even need to go into advanced stats... Simple 3pt FG% and FG%.

Curry's career 3pt % is pretty much equal to Kobe's career FG%. Let that sink deep in you like Kobe's ****.

pauk
02-28-2016, 07:58 PM
Yeah it is a shooter thing, and Jordan and Kobe happen to be the best shooters of all time with Bird finishing the clique. Tell reggie, Ray and steph to sit their asses down and do that stuff when your teammates don't allow you to be open.

Haha!!!!!!! What!??? Ray, Reggie, Steph or even just... dunno... Steve Kerr... would embarass Jordan or Kobe in a shootout, blindfolded..

I think you are confusing PURE SHOOTING with SHOOTING.... and even with that shooter category Kobe doesnt come anywhere close (he wasnt efficient), Jordan however yes, he is up there... Bird is up there both as a pure shooter and shooter...

nba_55
02-28-2016, 07:58 PM
Yup, Curry is better than Kobe.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-28-2016, 07:59 PM
Curry is already better than Kobe ever was. The playoffs should (and more than likely will) reaffirm that.

As far as impact goes, on offense, Curry is the modern day Magic Johnson.

CAstill
02-28-2016, 07:59 PM
Curry attempts 3 times as many attempts than Nash... While shooting a much better % on top of that.

You're obviously unable to make an argument without going into insults. You made a shitty Curry thread in disguise to prop up Kobe... And got called out for it by literally everyone in the thread.

Instead of coming up with a rubuttal you decided to insult me, yet I'm the upset one. :oldlol:

I posted all facts btw, I didn't even need to go into advanced stats... Simple 3pt FG% and FG%.

Curry's career 3pt % is pretty much equal to Kobe's career FG%. Let that sink deep in you like Kobe's ****.

The shooting percentage is in direct correlation to teammates opening the floor for spacing. Kobe is better, get over it.

pauk
02-28-2016, 08:01 PM
So you would take Reggie Miller over kobe?

into the trash you go

Yes, i think i explained why... its a nostalgic choice i guess, a player i grew up watching and patterning my shooting habits after... including Drazen Petrovic & other pure shooters of the 90s... its more of a "player i would like to see over Kobe"... and the list of players i would like to watch over him is very long, with mostly legendary shooters like Bird/Reggie at the top...

pauk
02-28-2016, 08:03 PM
Just love pure shooting... and Currys pure shooting... blows my mind... never seen any better pure shooter and this comes from a huge Reggie stan who have seen it all from the golden age of longrange pure shooters (entire 90s, live), Curry is not human from longrange, i just smh throughout his games, its unreal... and how rapidly & stupidly he just flicks it up there like the ball is on fire a la Shawn Marion or something is equally mindboggling, with zero remorse for shooting technique/comfort/focus/stance, you dont even have time to put your hand up so fast he throws it up there... and it goes in, at a record breaking rate & range...

Fire Colangelo
02-28-2016, 08:04 PM
The shooting percentage is in direct correlation to teammates opening the floor for spacing. Kobe is better, get over it.

You mean the spacing provided by Shaq the MDE drawing double/triple teams?

HOoopCityJones
02-28-2016, 08:11 PM
Curry is already better than Kobe ever was. The playoffs should (and more than likely will) reaffirm that.

As far as impact goes, on offense, Curry is the modern day Magic Johnson.

No offense but most of you were singing that same song and dance about Durant a few years ago until his run kinda nodded off just like Oscar Robertson during a Warriors game. I think we all should pump the breaks on the Curry hype.

Better than Kobe ever was though? This kid just became an All-star in 2014.

SuperPippen
02-28-2016, 08:13 PM

...wtf?

You're not just being the typical Stan in denial; you're claiming things that are objectively untrue. Your post is so completely devoid of logic or rationality that arguing with you would be a complete waste of time and effort.

The fact you're getting so personally upset is also cringe-worthy. I'm sorry your mind can't reconcile itself with reality. Have fun living in your fantasy land.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-28-2016, 08:19 PM
No offense but most of you were singing that same song and dance about Durant a few years ago until his run kinda nodded off just like Oscar Robertson during a Warriors game. I think we all should pump the breaks on the Curry hype.

Negative. I can only speak for myself, but I never thought that about Durant.

Also not sure what relevance 2014 has with today? Currently. I'm talking about peaks here, not career resume or all-time supremacy.

CAstill
02-28-2016, 08:22 PM
...wtf?

You're not just being the typical Stan in denial; you're claiming things that are objectively untrue. Your post is so completely devoid of logic or rationality that arguing with you would be a complete waste of time and effort.

The fact you're getting so personally upset is also cringe-worthy. I'm sorry your mind can't reconcile itself with reality. Have fun living in your fantasy land.

We're not going to argue because you're wrong and have no basketball iq. You're opinions are formed by garbage.

HOoopCityJones
02-28-2016, 08:23 PM
Negative. I can only speak for myself, but I never thought that about Durant.

Also not sure what relevance 2014 has with today? Currently. I'm talking about peaks here, but not career resume or all-time supremacy.

Peak wise he's no where near 06 Kobe though...Having a month averaging 40, multiple 60 pt games including an all time great 81 pt game, Plus 5 assists and 5 rebounds with decent Defense.

How has that been surpassed by what Steph has done this year? Remember those Laker squads had wayyyyy less talent than this all time Great Warriors Team. Kobe couldn't be stopped even when he was the sole focus of the defense.

plowking
02-28-2016, 08:25 PM

What has him becoming an all star in 2014 have to do with how good he is now?

This version of Curry is better than any version of Kobe, Lebron and Durant. And yes, that crazy Durant season where he won MVP is better than any Kobe season too.

Curry
Bron
Durant
Kobe

in terms of best seasons and peaks. I think most would agree on here too.

HOoopCityJones
02-28-2016, 08:28 PM
What has him becoming an all star in 2014 have to do with how good he is now?

This version of Curry is better than any version of Kobe, Lebron and Durant. And yes, that crazy Durant season where he won MVP is better than any Kobe season too.

Curry
Bron
Durant
Kobe

in terms of best seasons and peaks. I think most would agree on here too.

You guys are insane man. 2012-13 Lebron alone eats Curry alive. His defensive and arguable athletic peak is nothing to scoff.

This is crazy, I'm being told by hardcore Lebron fans that a guy who just emerged 2 years ago is better than THE Two Jordan fodder Goats ever were. :eek:

CAstill
02-28-2016, 08:28 PM
Haha!!!!!!! What!??? Ray, Reggie, Steph or even just... dunno... Steve Kerr... would embarass Jordan or Kobe in a shootout, blindfolded..

I think you are confusing PURE SHOOTING with SHOOTING.... and even with that shooter category Kobe doesnt come anywhere close (he wasnt efficient), Jordan however yes, he is up there... Bird is up there both as a pure shooter and shooter...

I'm not confusing anything, Kobe with healthy fingers is the deadliest shooter of all time. I've had conversations with Peja over this in Roseville. Healthy Kobe is the definition of pure shooting, we don't need to bring up how godly he is when being covered.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-28-2016, 08:29 PM
Peak wise he's no where near 06 Kobe though...How the hell is having a month averaging 40, multiple 60 pt games including an all time great 81 pt game, Plus 5 assists and 5 rebounds with decent Defense.

How has that been surpassed by what Steph has done this year? Remeber those Laker squads had wayyyyy less talent than this all time Great Warriors Team.

...Nowhere near? Curry scores easier while being FAR more efficient. He's also better from midrange and 3, a better playmaker, and is actually a net positive on defense unlike Kobe in 2006. The impact stats say it all. Offensively Steph's in a league of his own right now.

All that while dude is leading his team to what MIGHT be the best record in NBA history. "Not close" though :oldlol: Get real dude.

navy
02-28-2016, 08:30 PM
I'm not confusing anything, Kobe with healthy fingers is the deadliest shooter of all time. I've had conversations with Peja over this in Roseville. Healthy Kobe is the definition of pure shooting, we don't need to bring up how godly he is when being covered.
No, Kobe is the best at getting his shot off nomatter what.

Deadliest shooter of all time is the one that shoots 50% from 30 feet.

CAstill
02-28-2016, 08:32 PM
You guys are insane man. 2012-13 Lebron alone eats Curry alive. His defensive and arguable athletic peak is nothing to scoff.

This is crazy, I'm being told by hardcore Lebron fans that a guy who just emerged 2 years ago is better than THE Two Jordan fodder Goats ever were. :eek:

Plowking, the king of getting plowed. Don't listen to this clown.

navy
02-28-2016, 08:34 PM

The season is still young, right now Curry is having the GOAT season.

Dont worry. We will have less inflated opinions by may.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-28-2016, 08:35 PM
Still laughing @ 2006 Kobe supposedly being on "another level" than Curry this year.

That is a screwy non-troll post if ever there was one.

HOoopCityJones
02-28-2016, 08:36 PM
...Nowhere near? Curry scores easier while being FAR more efficient. He's also better from midrange and 3, a better playmaker, and is actually a net positive on defense unlike Kobe in 2006. The impact stats say it all. Offensively Steph's in a league of his own right now.

All that while dude is leading his team to what MIGHT be the best record in NBA history. "Not close" though. Get real dude. :oldlol:

All of this can be attributed to the many talented players on the roster who are also great playmakers and good to great defender depending on which you're referring to. The game everyone is stroking Curry off for Klay Thompson dropped the quietest 32 pts Ive ever seen. IT wasn't just Curry out there attracting the sole focus of defenses or any defenses really. Think about that.

Teams have to worry about Dray going off for triple doubles and Klay going off for 30 just as much as Curry. How is that more impressive than absorbing almost the full pressure of defenses on the way to numbers like Kobe's in 06?

How is he better? He's on the better, more historic Team.

CAstill
02-28-2016, 08:37 PM
You mean the spacing provided by Shaq the MDE drawing double/triple teams?

You mean the all time records and three straight final appearances with back to back championships after Shaq was gone to negate your idiotic point? Or did you mean when the kings and spurs played Shaq one on one and doubled Kobe instead because he was the better player? Remind me because I actually attended those games live, were you even born yet?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-28-2016, 08:40 PM
All of this can be attributed to the many talented players on the roster who are also great playmakers and good to great defender depending on which you're referring to. The game everyone is stroking Curry off for Klay Thompson dropped the quietest 32 pts Ive ever seen. IT wasn't just Curry out there attracting the sole focus of defenses or any defenses really. Think about that.

Teams have to worry about Dray going off for triple doubles and Klay going off for 30 just as much as Curry. How is that more impressive than absorbing almost the full pressure of defenses on the way to numbers like Kobe's in 06.

The impact stat I am using here is "RAPM", which separates team from individual.

You can use any season where Kobe's had ample help, relative to the league, and guy still has worse numbers and efficiency across the board.

navy
02-28-2016, 08:41 PM

Teams have to worry about Dray going off for triple doubles and Klay going off for 30 just as much as Curry. How is that more impressive than absorbing almost the full pressure of defenses on the way to numbers like Kobe's in 06.

How is he better? He's on the better Team.

How do I explain this....

3 points > 2 points

Nothing is greater in basketball than a made 3 pointer. Nothing. Curry is the undisputed GOAT in volume and efficiency now in 3s. How can you be better than 3 points in basketball? You cant.

Ive seen some suggest the nba should move the 3 point line backwards. Curry is shooting like 50% from 30 feet! It's just reality. If the nba got rid of the 3 point line, Curry would return to lower levels sure.

navy
02-28-2016, 08:41 PM
The impact stat I am using here is "RAPM", which separates team from individual.
That's actually impossible for what it's worth.

tpols
02-28-2016, 08:42 PM

Teams have to worry about Dray going off for triple doubles and Klay going off for 30 just as much as Curry. How is that more impressive than absorbing almost the full pressure of defenses on the way to numbers like Kobe's in 06?

Kobe can carry a bad team farther than curry, sure .. hes more of a physical force and can go longer, but on a great team, theres just no way Kobe can match Curry's offensive output.. not even Jordan could currently (but well see more in playoffs). It is all reliant on 3s .. Jordan would have to shoot like 70% from midrange to match what Curry does from long. It's not possible

IllegalD
02-28-2016, 08:43 PM
You mean the all time records and three straight final appearances with back to back championships after Shaq was gone to negate your idiotic point? Or did you mean when the kings and spurs played Shaq one on one and doubled Kobe instead because he was the better player? Remind me because I actually attended those games live, were you even born yet?

Fire Colangelo getting his sh*t pushed in worse than the real Colangelo when he lost the coin toss that would've nabbed him Kareem. :dancin

plowking
02-28-2016, 08:44 PM

Curry scores the ball that much easier than all of them.
There is no one in the history of basketball who can pull a game away or bring a game back like Curry for you. No one. The whole landscape of the game changes when he is in.

Curry is the first guy to turn me into a fan out of nowhere. I though Barnes was gonna end up being the best player on that Warriors team 3 years ago.
As good as Durant was 2 years ago in his MVP season, I never really became a fan. I only really became a fan of Bron because he became a Heat player. Kobe I always kinda liked anyway, but wouldn't ever tune in to watch the Lakers like I do for GSW.
I barely watch the Heat anymore due to work and lack of time, but I try to catch every Warriors game I can. He is that fun to watch, and that good.

HOoopCityJones

Well that's where the disconnect is here. I don't use advanced metrics to evaluate players. What makes them anymore valuable than the experience of the circumstances, raw stats and talent of a player's peak first hand? I was alive in 06 to witness what Kobe did and Ive been alive to see Curry.

Any stat that has to discount an entire Team in Basketball is weird anyway.

CAstill

3 points > 2 points

Nothing is greater in basketball than a made 3 pointer. Nothing. Curry is the undisputed GOAT in volume and efficiency now in 3s. How can you be better than 3 points in basketball? You cant.

Ive seen some suggest the nba should move the 3 point line backwards. Curry is shooting like 50% from 30 feet! It's just reality. If the nba got rid of the 3 point line, Curry would return to lower levels sure.

His team allows him to hit at such a high efficiency rate. What's hard to understand?
Worse team, more pressure, makes lower efficiency.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
That's actually impossible for what it's worth.

Its not perfect, but also not as directly attributed to TEAM like most raw data is either.

JohnFreeman
02-28-2016, 08:45 PM
I am still starting a franchise with Kobe doe

plowking
02-28-2016, 08:46 PM
Just out of interest HoopCity, which season(s) of Kobe's would you take over the current one Curry is having?

navy
02-28-2016, 08:48 PM
His team allows him to hit at such a high efficiency rate. What's hard to understand?
Worse team, more pressure, makes lower efficiency.
His team allows him to shoot 50% from 30 feet? :lol

I think yes. The Warriors are a great team even without Curry. They have elite defenders, and when I say elite I mean DPOY caliber. And they have a great bench. Shaun Livingston cant even be guarded by any point guard in the league. Klay is the 2nd best 3 point shooter in the league.

SO yeah. Lebron, Kobe, Shaq, you know would probably carry a complete garbage team as well as or further than Curry. Let's not act like they arent elite players.

But this mans 3 point shooting. It's just something else. It's not teammate reliant. He's just that good.

It's stupid crazy. He broke the nba and we are seeing the results.

HOoopCityJones
02-28-2016, 08:50 PM

3 points > 2 points

I totally see where you're coming from , but to share your own phrases. 3 + 2 + FT > 3

Kobe was a decent 3pt shooter, arguably the more superior shot creator and he was an above average rebounder for the guard position and he could Play lockdown defense to boot. His FT shooting is also great.

Since when does automatic 3's and crossovers trump other aspects of the game? Ive already admitted Curry is better at shooting and passing. Idk about overall playmaking though, Kobe is responsible for a lot of iconic plays scoring or passing wise.

CAstill
02-28-2016, 08:50 PM
Kobe can carry a bad team farther than curry, sure .. hes more of a physical force and can go longer, but on a great team, theres just no way Kobe can match Curry's offensive output.. not even Jordan could currently (but well see more in playoffs). It is all reliant on 3s .. Jordan would have to shoot like 70% from midrange to match what Curry does from long. It's not possible

Kobe was on a great team and won three straight championships and attended a fourth finals. Don't tell me he can't match the offensive output because he did. The Warrior depth wise are even greater and won't reach the same results.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-28-2016, 08:52 PM
Well that's where the disconnect is here. I don't use advanced metrics to evaluate players. What makes them anymore valuable than the experience of the circumstances, raw stats and talent of a player's peak first hand? I was alive in 06 to witness what Kobe did and Ive been alive to see Curry.

Any stat that has to discount an entire Team in Basketball is weird anyway.

RAPM is used by front offices and teams across the NBA. Like I said, its not perfect, and like you, I seldom use advanced metrics, but I will make an exception with this one because it confirms pretty much everything I watch via eye test.

You're talking about LeBron and Kobe as scorers? I would be more inclined to agree with you because Kobe is better from more areas on the court. The problem with Curry is he's efficient from everywhere...a lot more efficient. So much so that it cannot be ignored.

navy
02-28-2016, 08:55 PM
I totally see where you're coming from , but to share you're own phrases. 3 + 2 + FT > 3

Kobe was a decent 3pt shooter, arguably the more superior shot creator and he was an above average rebounder for the guard position and he could Play lockdown defense to boot.

Since when does automatic 3's and corssovers trump other aspects of the game? Ive already admitted Curry is better at shooting and passing. Idk about overall playmaking though, Kobe is responsible for a lot of iconic plays scoring or passing wise.

Kobe was only a decent 3 point shooter. Curry is the greatest of all time.

Curry doesnt take bad shots. They just dont exist for him. Who cares about shot creation?

Kobe is a guard defender, the reality is he could never be that impactful defensively like a rim protector could or someone who guarded big and small players. He one of the best guard defenders ever, but it's really not that impactful. The same is true for Jordan, but let me not tell Jordan stans that...

There is nothing better than a made 3 pointer. Im sorry, Curry is the offensive goat.

Fire Colangelo
02-28-2016, 08:57 PM

I see your posting pattern now, you're a joke.

Yeah, Kobe was getting triple teamed while Shaq was going 1v1.

Teams were building their rosters to stop Shaq, not Kobe.

HOoopCityJones
02-28-2016, 08:57 PM
Just out of interest HoopCity, which season(s) of Kobe's would you take over the current one Curry is having?

Ok me and Kuniva were discussing 06 so I guess i'd put that up there, but let's make things alittle more equal how it pertains to help on the offensive end since that's where Curry has an advantage how it pertains to 06 vs 16. Kobe in 03 is probably the most perfect player ive ever seen bro, no lie. Both sides of the ball, playmaking and his consistency on the offensive end has always been a highlight.

For my last choice I'll go 09 , including playoffs. That's how serious it is, I'm willing to leave 01 and 08 off the table just for arguments sake.

What some people don't seem to undertstand is Jordan, Lebron, Kobe they have multiple seasons playing at this level and I think that is paramount when we say shit like "Better than so and so ever was" ya know?

But those are my choices.

CAstill
02-28-2016, 08:58 PM
His team allows him to shoot 50% from 30 feet? :lol

I think yes. The Warriors are a great team even without Curry. They have elite defenders, and when I say elite I mean DPOY caliber. And they have a great bench. Shaun Livingston cant even be guarded by any point guard in the league. Klay is the 2nd best 3 point shooter in the league.

SO yeah. Lebron, Kobe, Shaq, you know would probably carry a complete garbage team as well as or further than Curry. Let's not act like they arent elite players.

But this mans 3 point shooting. It's just something else. It's not teammate reliant. He's just that good.

It's stupid crazy. He broke the nba and we are seeing the results.

Hell yeah his team allows that. Kobe when healthy was an amazing 3pt shooter, he just chose to diversify his game more over a season out of team dynamic necessity. It's not a coincidence that the all time 3pt shots made in a single game is Kobe. Curry tied it but needed an overtime to just match. Kobe also had to sit out 4th quarters.

SamuraiSWISH
02-28-2016, 09:03 PM
Heavincent has done a total flop job. From Kobe / Laker Stan to complete Curry / Warrior Stan. No shame in this dude's game. Now he seriously think that based off a season and a half, that Curry > Kobe? God these boards are overzealous.

HOoopCityJones
02-28-2016, 09:07 PM
Kobe was only a decent 3 point shooter. Curry is the greatest of all time.

Curry doesnt take bad shots. They just dont exist for him. Who cares about shot creation?

Kobe is a guard defender, the reality is he could never be that impactful defensively like a rim protector could or someone who guarded big and small players. He one of the best guard defenders ever, but it's really not that impactful. The same is true for Jordan, but let me not tell Jordan stans that...

There is nothing better than a made 3 pointer. Im sorry, Curry is the offensive goat.

Curry doesn't need to worry about taking bad shots because the floor is so open offensively, you know this, I know this, we all know this. The spacing provided by the modern offense of today leaves the floor way more open for guards to operate especially which is why they're the premiere players in the league right now.

Klay Thompson is arguably on the same tier as Curry in the shooting department if not a tier below, yet he could still go off just as much as he can when serious. Draymond provides three or four facets of the game you can't win without.

Ive only seen Curry dominate in good to great situations where his entire Team is at their best is all I'm saying. By comparison Teams Kobe has won with were either Two deep or trash. Guys like Bynum and Odom had career years post our championship runs.

Wade's Rings
02-28-2016, 09:09 PM

You can use any season where Kobe's had ample help, relative to the league, and guy still has worse numbers and efficiency across the board.

'10 Wade's RPM is much better than '09 Wade's why isn't he considered individually better than '09 Wade? He had the 2nd best Offensive RPM of the last 15-16 years IIRC.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-28-2016, 09:11 PM
'10 Wade's RPM is much better than '09 Wade's why isn't he considered individually better than '09 Wade? He had the 2nd best Offensive RPM of the last 15-16 years IIRC.

RAPM is best used within a single season frame. Results will fluctuate depending on the league competition, minutes, lineups, etc.

Wade's playoffs were much better in 2010 as well, even if it was just one round.

CAstill
02-28-2016, 09:12 PM
I see your posting pattern now, you're a joke.

Yeah, Kobe was getting triple teamed while Shaq was going 1v1.

Teams were building their rosters to stop Shaq, not Kobe.

Yeah the posting pattern of annihilating you every time? Glad you recognize it.
Whether it was Vlade holding his own against Shaq one on one after smoking two Marlboro packs at halftime, Duncan one on one after Robinson retired, or even Big Ben handling him one on one it happened. Not every team could do it but the top teams could. Kings, Spurs, and later pistons weren't afraid of Shaq. It was Kobe who was the problem.

Fire Colangelo
02-28-2016, 09:14 PM
Yeah the posting pattern of annihilating you every time? Glad you recognize it.
Whether it was Vlade holding his own against Shaq one on one after smoking two Marlboro packs at halftime, Duncan one on one after Robinson retired, or even Big Ben handling him one on one it happened. Not every team could do it but the top teams could. Kings, Spurs, and later pistons weren't afraid of Shaq. It was Kobe who was the problem.

Yeah, Kobe clearly gave the Pistons a lot of problems.

Wade's Rings
02-28-2016, 09:15 PM
I'm kind've with Hoopcity here.

CAstill
02-28-2016, 09:15 PM
Heavincent has done a total flop job. From Kobe / Laker Stan to complete Curry / Warrior Stan. No shame in this dude's game. Now he seriously think that based off a season and a half, that Curry > Kobe? God these boards are overzealous.

It's garbage. Theyre all prisoners of the moment.

navy
02-28-2016, 09:17 PM
Curry doesn't need to worry about taking bad shots because the floor is so open offensively, you know this, I know this, we all know this. The spacing provided by the modern offense of today leaves the floor way more open for guards to operate especially which is why they're the premiere players in the league right now.

Klay Thompson is arguably on the same tier as Curry in the shooting department if not a tier below, yet he could still go off just as much as he can when serious. Draymond provides three or four facets of the game you can't win without.

Ive only seen Curry dominate in good to great situations where his entire Team is at their best is all I'm saying. By comparison Teams Kobe has won with were either Two deep or trash. Guys like Bynum and Odom had career years post our championship runs.
No, Curry is that good and that fast at shooting. I agree, Curry could not do it alone and has a great supporting cast.

But that 3 ball. NBA is broken.

CAstill
02-28-2016, 09:18 PM
Yeah, Kobe clearly gave the Pistons a lot of problems.

Yeah they sure did, doubled the hell out of him because Shaq was able to be guarded one on one by Big Ben. :roll:
You're just making my points.

LARRY BROWN
02-28-2016, 09:21 PM
KOBE HAS 5 TITLES

CURRY HAS ONE!

5 beats one anytime!:biggums:

HOoopCityJones
02-28-2016, 09:25 PM
RAPM is used by front offices and teams across the NBA. Like I said, its not perfect, and like you, I seldom use advanced metrics, but I will make an exception with this one because it confirms pretty much everything I watch via eye test.

You're talking about LeBron and Kobe as scorers? I would be more inclined to agree with you because Kobe is better from more areas on the court. The problem with Curry is he's efficient from everywhere...a lot more efficient. So much so that it cannot be ignored.

I agree, but we'll see if he can keep it up in the playoffs. Honestly i'd still take 01 Kobe over any version of Curry 9 times out of 10. Defense, playmaking, rebounding, dominant scoring.

A few prettier percentages be damned.

PickernRoller
02-28-2016, 09:26 PM
Funny how every star is measured up to Kobe, always...

I mean it says a lot about Kobe, the litmus test of greatness. Barring Micheal Jordan - unreachable.

Duncan stans = Duncan is better than Kobe
LeTard stans = Lebron is better than Kobe
Curry stans = Curry is better than Kobe
Nash stans = Nash is better than Kobe
X player stan = X player is better than Kobe

None of them f@gs is better than Kobe, why keep trying? Not picking on OP, he's hardly alone.

CAstill
02-28-2016, 09:30 PM

I mean it says a lot about Kobe, the litmus test of greatness. Barring Micheal Jordan - unreachable.

None of them f@gs is better than Kobe, why keep trying? Not picking on OP, he's hardly alone.

The truth here, only LeBron got close and Steph has a whole career to prove.

HOoopCityJones
02-28-2016, 09:31 PM

Curry is definitely better than Kobe at certain aspects of the game as I mentioned in the OP and at various times in the thread but I'd still take Mamba over the assassin.

http://media1.giphy.com/media/G2nsRluIJnwNa/giphy.gif

Black and White
02-29-2016, 12:01 AM
Just love pure shooting... and Currys pure shooting... blows my mind... never seen any better pure shooter and this comes from a huge Reggie stan who have seen it all from the golden age of longrange pure shooters (entire 90s, live), Curry is not human from longrange, i just smh throughout his games, its unreal... and how rapidly & stupidly he just flicks it up there like the ball is on fire a la Shawn Marion or something is equally mindboggling, with zero remorse for shooting technique/comfort/focus/stance, you dont even have time to put your hand up so fast he throws it up there... and it goes in, at a record breaking rate & range...

Then how the hell are you a LeBron fan? :biggums:

G.U.S.
02-29-2016, 12:02 AM
12be to 13be overnight. :roll:

Kblaze8855
02-29-2016, 12:14 AM
Im really not seeing how Kobe is a better shot creator than Curry. Unless we mean....variety of shots regardless of if they go in or not. And even then....

Curry is out here hitting off the dribble one footed 3 point runners...

His ability to create shots is so crazy because he creates shots ANYONE can easily get off....he just makes them. So he can get a shot...quite literally.....at will. People say that about plenty of players but hes making it happen for real. Even Kareem had to get somewhat in position for a sky hook. How do you keep someone from an absurdly long 3 when hes the one who brings the ball up? And once hes in the halfcourt...if you just keep backing up...eventually the D wont come out there. And if he can just shoot it from 30 feet...all the time? And make it? How is anyone a better shot creator? Hes literally...impossible to keep from getting his shot...because defenses wont defend you at the ranges he can shoot from.

Maybe things will change and he will stretch defenses out to 35 feet and his team will have so much spacing they go 79-3 next year....but as it is...you cant guard him. Just hope he misses.

This guy is shooting 52%.....taking 11 threes a game. It doesnt make any sense. At all. Hes rewriting the rules....hes an unrealistic hypothetical from 10 years ago nobody would believe could ever happen.

raprap
02-29-2016, 12:17 AM
The only thing that kobe is better at is rebounding and defense factoring his size advantage tho it's not that impressive. Curry is on another level in offense.

InsanityKills
02-29-2016, 12:19 AM
12be to 13be overnight. :roll:
At this point, we can just switch Curry and Kobe. So 12be to 23be seems more reasonable.:lol

G.U.S.
02-29-2016, 12:23 AM
At this point, we can just switch Curry and Kobe. So 12be to 23be seems more reasonable.:lol

or we can combine 12be + 23be = 35%be :confusedshrug:

InsanityKills
02-29-2016, 12:28 AM
or we can combine 12be + 23be = 35%be :confusedshrug:
HOLY SHIT! Kobe fam taking L's in their grave! :roll: :roll: :roll:

knicksman
02-29-2016, 12:51 AM
HOLY SHIT! Kobe fam taking L's in their grave! :roll: :roll: :roll:
. laughing at these cringeworthy jokes. Lol you must have a low life

CAstill
02-29-2016, 01:00 AM
Im really not seeing how Kobe is a better shot creator than Curry. Unless we mean....variety of shots regardless of if they go in or not. And even then....

Curry is out here hitting off the dribble one footed 3 point runners...

His ability to create shots is so crazy because he creates shots ANYONE can easily get off....he just makes them. So he can get a shot...quite literally.....at will. People say that about plenty of players but hes making it happen for real. Even Kareem had to get somewhat in position for a sky hook. How do you keep someone from an absurdly long 3 when hes the one who brings the ball up? And once hes in the halfcourt...if you just keep backing up...eventually the D wont come out there. And if he can just shoot it from 30 feet...all the time? And make it? How is anyone a better shot creator? Hes literally...impossible to keep from getting his shot...because defenses wont defend you at the ranges he can shoot from.

Maybe things will change and he will stretch defenses out to 35 feet and his team will have so much spacing they go 79-3 next year....but as it is...you cant guard him. Just hope he misses.

This guy is shooting 52%.....taking 11 threes a game. It doesnt make any sense. At all. Hes rewriting the rules....hes an unrealistic hypothetical from 10 years ago nobody would believe could ever happen.

Because Kobe hits those shots while being heavily gaurded. He's never had teams as deep as these warriors to create the spacing that Curry is provided. Curry isn't hitting these shots with prime Bruce bowen guarding him, get real.

InsanityKills
02-29-2016, 01:05 AM
. laughing at these cringeworthy jokes. Lol you must have a low life
And your replying to them, wonder what that makes you?

knicksman
02-29-2016, 01:09 AM
And your replying to them, wonder what that makes you?

Alpha

SuperPippen
02-29-2016, 01:16 AM
So, basically the only posters who are denying that Curry is better than Kobe has ever been offensively (which is a conclusion supported by any metric you care to use), are the ones who are known for being biased stans and essentially sh*tposters.

Sounds about right.

Kblaze8855
02-29-2016, 01:23 AM
Because Kobe hits those shots while being heavily gaurded.

You know other people have Tvs too right?

Nobody...ever...hits the shots Curry is hitting on a regular basis. I could make highlights of a lot of people making a few. Some even making a lot. But Curry is making these wild shots....too often to call it a highlight.

You arent talking to people who didnt watch Kobe play. Kobe wasnt this. Nobody in my lifetime has been this. And its to be expected....trying to be what Curry is would be idiotic....except he makes the shots.

Kobe for all the shot selection hate he got....was not taking these shots...at this rate. Curry is the first person ever...who wouldnt be considered a moron for it.

Hes taking 2 seconds left bailout shots with 16 seconds on the clock. 6 times a game. And making 3 of them.

Kobe not being that isnt an insult. None of my favorite players were that either. It made no sense to try....until he came along and proved it could be done.

DMAVS41
02-29-2016, 01:30 AM
Because Kobe hits those shots while being heavily gaurded. He's never had teams as deep as these warriors to create the spacing that Curry is provided. Curry isn't hitting these shots with prime Bruce bowen guarding him, get real.

Prime Bruce Bowen would foul out in a half trying to guard Curry...and wouldn't matter much anyway because they'd just screen him out of the play and either give up the roll to Green or be forced to switch it and that gives Curry the advantage.

Kobe isn't making the kind of shots Curry does...I'm sorry...he just isn't. Kobe was a great tough shot maker, but not like this.

What Curry is doing has simply never been done before...not even close to this has ever happened. He's not just the best shooter ever...he's by far the best shooter ever and it's not at all close.

And he was the skillset to finish around the rim, on floaters, mid range...has the ability to destroy people off the dribble...and he's an under-rated passer that can pass well with either hand.

This version of Curry...the one that is doing this consistently....blows Kobe out of the water offensively.

Ca$H
02-29-2016, 01:32 AM
At passing and shooting.

Agree or disagree?

Curry > Kobe > Bran. Curry if he stays healthy will finish as a top 3 GOAT. To be honest Kobe is just an A-/B+ version of Jordan. There is nothing novel about his game. Bran is unique but is tied with Wilt for having the worst intangibles. Bran is a media/nike driven contrived superstar. After Kobe's Colorado incident the media had to move on from him so they anointed Bran. Bran is pretty much an embarrassment to the game of basketball and humanity. Curry is transcendent, unique, organic, and not an ego maniac D Bag like MJ, Kobe, and Bran.

IllegalD
02-29-2016, 01:32 AM
Prime Bruce Bowen would foul out in a half trying to guard Curry...and wouldn't matter much anyway because they'd just screen him out of the play and either give up the roll to Green or be forced to switch it and that gives Curry the advantage.

Kobe isn't making the kind of shots Curry does...I'm sorry...he just isn't. Kobe was a great tough shot maker, but not like this.

What Curry is doing has simply never been done before...not even close to this has ever happened. He's not just the best shooter ever...he's by far the best shooter ever and it's not at all close.

And he was the skillset to finish around the rim, on floaters, mid range...has the ability to destroy people off the dribble...and he's an under-rated passer that can pass well with either hand.

This version of Curry...the one that is doing this consistently....blows Kobe out of the water offensively.

Too bad the game is played on both sides of the court.

CAstill
02-29-2016, 01:35 AM

Nobody...ever...hits the shots Curry is hitting on a regular basis. I could make highlights of a lot of people making a few. Some even making a lot. But Curry is making these wild shots....too often to call it a highlight.

You arent talking to people who didnt watch Kobe play. Kobe wasnt this. Nobody in my lifetime has been this. And its to be expected....trying to be what Curry is would be idiotic....except he makes the shots.

Kobe for all the shot selection hate he got....was not taking these shots...at this rate. Curry is the first person ever...who wouldnt be considered a moron for it.

Hes taking 2 seconds left bailout shots with 16 seconds on the clock. 6 times a game. And making 3 of them.

Kobe not being that isnt an insult. None of my favorite players were that either. It made no sense to try....until he came along and proved it could be done.

I've watched you post for damn near a decade, so I know you've watched the game but you're being a prisoner of the moment. Not many players have had this range but peak Kobe, Carter and Dirk have had this range. Jordan had it in small spurts and Bird before him as well. That's the end of the list with Gilbert, peja, and reggie having honorable mentions.

DMAVS41
02-29-2016, 01:36 AM
Too bad the game is played on both sides of the court.

Yea...and too bad Kobe was nothing of note defensively for 90 percent of his career.

DMAVS41
02-29-2016, 01:37 AM
I've watched you post for damn near a decade, so I know you've watched the game but you're being a prisoner of the moment. Not many players have had this range but peak Kobe, Carter and Dirk have had this range. Jordan had it in small spurts and Bird before him as well. That's the end of the list with Gilbert, peja, and reggie having honorable mentions.

Dirk never remotely had the ability to do this....are you high?

CAstill
02-29-2016, 01:40 AM

You're a Kobe hater, so just sit down. Kobe made a 20 year career out of his unfathomable range. Kobe has made plays that Curry dreams he could. I'm not saying Curry isn't lighting it up because he is but I've seen better.

Dictator
02-29-2016, 01:44 AM

Prisoner of the Moment. Kobe use to take the same dumb shots that curry takes but while being double-teamed, hell sometimes triple-teamed. Of course Curry is making them at a higher percentage though.

CAstill
02-29-2016, 01:44 AM
Dirk never remotely had the ability to do this....are you high?

Are you joking me? How old were you during his real prime? 15 give or take a few years? You don't understand basketball. Sit your young ass down. Dirk was stroking from beyond the arc for years. Fake ass mavs fan

CAstill
02-29-2016, 01:45 AM
Prisoner of the Moment. Kobe use to take the same dumb shots that curry takes but while being double-teamed, hell sometimes triple-teamed. Of course Curry is making them at a higher percentage though.

Finally someone with sense.

Kblaze8855
02-29-2016, 01:46 AM

A lot of people have it. Nobody else even comes close to using it enough to call it a normal shot.

Hes making 35 footers like a Harlem Globetrotter. And not...sometimes. He takes these shots like nothing.

He works on those shots pregame. Did you see him before the Thunder game? He was taking off the dribble shots a step closer than the Thunder logo....

It isnt that nobody else can....its that nobody else does. So we cant just give hypothetical credit. Tmac ive seen wet 2-3 30 footers in a half. Go watch the Katrina Charity game...he and Arenas went at it. He made a pullup 40 footer like a free throw a moment after a 30+ footer just showing off.

Curry is doing this shit in real games...under pressure....all the time.

It just isnt the same thing.

eeeeeebro
02-29-2016, 01:48 AM
curry is better than lebron ever was....

avonbarksdale
02-29-2016, 01:49 AM
1 ring, 1 mvp, 0 finals mvp and a bunch of random 3 pt records

is better than

5 rings, 1 mvp, 2 finals mvp, a bunch of random scoring records, and a ton of 1st team all defence?

how?

you guys treat curry like he has a bunch of rings

this is exactly the kinds of threads that were being made 2 years ago about kd

'kd is better than kobe ever was'
'kobe never scored as efficeiently as kd'

Kblaze8855
02-29-2016, 01:50 AM

I tell you nobody makes those shots like Curry. You tell me Kobe took them and didnt make them at the rate Curry does.

And you feel you made a point opposing mine?

He didnt shoot as many long shots(just a verifiable fact) and he damn sure didnt make as many percentage wise. You seem to be saying that. So...whats the disagreement?

CAstill
02-29-2016, 01:53 AM
A lot of people have it. Nobody else even comes close to using it enough to call it a normal shot.

Hes making 35 footers like a Harlem Globetrotter. And not...sometimes. He takes these shots like nothing.

He works on those shots pregame. Did you see him before the Thunder game? He was taking off the dribble shots a step closer than the Thunder logo....

It isnt that nobody else can....its that nobody else does. So we cant just give hypothetical credit. Tmac ive seen wet 2-3 30 footers in a half. Go watch the Katrina Charity game...he and Arenas went at it. He made a pullup 40 footer like a free throw a moment after a 30+ footer just showing off.

Curry is doing this shit in real games...under pressure....all the time.

It just isnt the same thing.

Then honesty you haven't watched enough Kobe to know. I can pull up thousands of clips of him doing this through his whole career in real games under pressure. Plays where he steals the ball on the opposing 3 point line, gets fouled at half court and pulls up for the jumper and nails it like clockwork while also completing the 4 point play. Curry is not that level, he's not hitting 50 foot shots while being close lined coming off a defensive play, he's just not. Defense and Curry don't even go together let alone flipping it to 4 point plays.

IllegalD
02-29-2016, 02:09 AM
Yea...and too bad Kobe was nothing of note defensively for 90 percent of his career.

Too bad 12 All Defensive Team selections (tied for 2nd most) with 9 First Defensive Teams (tied for most) says otherwise.

DMAVS41
02-29-2016, 02:09 AM
Are you joking me? How old were you during his real prime? 15 give or take a few years? You don't understand basketball. Sit your young ass down. Dirk was stroking from beyond the arc for years. Fake ass mavs fan

If you think Dirk was taking and making shots at range like this...you simply are beyond ignorant.

Dirk never took more than 5 threes a game in his entire career iirc.

Curry is making over 5 per game this year.

Please stop....don't make yourself look worse.

Kblaze8855
02-29-2016, 02:11 AM
Then honesty you haven't watched enough Kobe to know. I can pull up thousands of clips of him doing this through his whole career in real games under pressure. Plays where he steals the ball on the opposing 3 point line, gets fouled at half court and pulls up for the jumper and nails it like clockwork while also completing the 4 point play. Curry is not that level, he's not hitting 50 foot shots while being close lined coming off a defensive play, he's just not. Defense and Curry don't even go together let alone flipping it to 4 point plays.

I suspect I have literally 20+ hours of Kobe bryant footage. I was making hour long Kobe videos in 2003. I doubt Kobe has made an impressive play I didnt see since....2001 or so. Ive been watching, downloading, and saving NBA footage on various computers and harddrives as long as ive been here(15 years). I had a program that downloaded the shitty quality NBA.avi files and old FLV files before youtube existed. I could post 40 minutes of Rik Smits footage tonight. But you think I didnt see enough Kobe?

Ive said before and ill say again...some fans dont get to you "You didnt see..." arguments. Kobe fans perhaps the best example. Everyone saw Kobe. A lot of him. And I see more of everyone than you would believe. I have a folder full of Tom Gugliotta clips for gods sake. But you think I missed the Kobe highlights?

Nobody missed the Kobe highlights.

But Kobe...was not this. Thats just the way it is. Kobe himself wouldnt tell you he was doing this shit. Has he done these things.....in small doses? Yes. Like many have. Its an intergral part of Currys game. Taking shots from too far away for the defense to believe hes serious....is a huge portion of his nightly attack.

The guy is rewriting the rules.

Better than Kobe or not....Kobe was not taking and making the shots Curry is at anywhere near the same rate.

We all watched both. The world isnt acting like its never seen this shit because it forgot Kobe.

The world has never seen this. Even if you cant accept it.

Black and White
02-29-2016, 02:25 AM
People making arguments about Vince, Kobe and Dirk being comparable to Curry as 3 point shooters? :biggums:

Are you kidding me, Curry is shooting the three at rate and efficiency we've never seen before, have you ever seen a three point shooter that makes it look like its going in every shot they take? That's Stephen Curry.

GTFO with this Kobe nonsense, he was streaky at best from three.

CAstill
02-29-2016, 02:25 AM
If you think Dirk was taking and making shots at range like this...you simply are beyond ignorant.

Dirk never took more than 5 threes a game in his entire career iirc.

Curry is making over 5 per game this year.

Please stop....don't make yourself look worse.

You're a fool who is getting exposed, Dirk has never attempted more than 5 threes in a game?
Are you serious? Just quit posting

CAstill
02-29-2016, 02:31 AM
I suspect I have literally 20+ hours of Kobe bryant footage. I was making hour long Kobe videos in 2003. I doubt Kobe has made an impressive play I didnt see since....2001 or so. Ive been watching, downloading, and saving NBA footage on various computers and harddrives as long as ive been here(15 years). I had a program that downloaded the shitty quality NBA.avi files and old FLV files before youtube existed. I could post 40 minutes of Rik Smits footage tonight. But you think I didnt see enough Kobe?

Ive said before and ill say again...some fans dont get to you "You didnt see..." arguments. Kobe fans perhaps the best example. Everyone saw Kobe. A lot of him. And I see more of everyone than you would believe. I have a folder full of Tom Gugliotta clips for gods sake. But you think I missed the Kobe highlights?

Nobody missed the Kobe highlights.

But Kobe...was not this. Thats just the way it is. Kobe himself wouldnt tell you he was doing this shit. Has he done these things.....in small doses? Yes. Like many have. Its an intergral part of Currys game. Taking shots from too far away for the defense to believe hes serious....is a huge portion of his nightly attack.

The guy is rewriting the rules.

Better than Kobe or not....Kobe was not taking and making the shots Curry is at anywhere near the same rate.

We all watched both. The world isnt acting like its never seen this shit because it forgot Kobe.

The world has never seen this. Even if you cant accept it.

Not much to argue because people don't like to change their mind, everything you said I've watched as well. Kobe dropping 65 on Portland is more impressive and fluid than whatever Curry is doing and that went on for the whole year with Kobe. It's happened before, I'm not being fooled. You keep excusing the debate with at this rate but Kobe did it for years, not sure why you're acting like that was a small spurt.

Lakersfamftw
02-29-2016, 02:32 AM
At passing and shooting.

Agree or disagree?

No. Kobe is just as good a passer. Curry (for all.his amazing shooting) averages 6 apg as a POINT GUARD. That ain't nothin special. Kobe isn't that far off (4.7 apg) and he's accused of being a ball hog??

Something don't add up.
Defender. Kobe and it ain't even close.
Rebounder. Don't make me laugh now.
Shot created. You nailed it.
I'd add killer mentality. You won't find Kobe wilting the way Curry did while guarded by a Australia midget in last year's finals. It ain't gonna be on the stats sheet r box score but there's something to say about ruthlessness and killer mentality.

There's a reason why so many players around the league call him an assassin. He don't stop at nothing to kill you.

Kblaze8855
02-29-2016, 02:36 AM
You think Kobe scoring a lot is what I mean when I say what Curry is doing has not been done? Or that Dmavs meant Dirk has never taken 5 over threes in a single game? You seem to have hit the point of intentionally misunderstanding or pretending to...to extend an argument. There is no way anyone really takes these posts to mean the shit you just said. So im gonna go on and exit and watch the entire earth agree with me...aside from 40 people with blindfolds on posting online.

Funktion
02-29-2016, 02:41 AM
No. Kobe is just as good a passer. Curry (for all.his amazing shooting) averages 6 apg as a POINT GUARD. That ain't nothin special. Kobe isn't that far off (4.7 apg) and he's accused of being a ball hog??

Something don't add up.
Defender. Kobe and it ain't even close.
Rebounder. Don't make me laugh now.
Shot created. You nailed it.
I'd add killer mentality. You won't find Kobe wilting the way Curry did while guarded by a Australia midget in last year's finals. It ain't gonna be on the stats sheet r box score but there's something to say about ruthlessness and killer mentality.

There's a reason why so many players around the league call him an assassin. He don't stop at nothing to kill you.

Kobe averages 1.4 more rebounds per game doe? :confusedshrug:

Lakersfamftw
02-29-2016, 02:44 AM
Kobe averages 1.4 more rebounds per game doe? :confusedshrug:

So he's a better rebounder. That's the point.
Get out of here queer.

CAstill
02-29-2016, 02:45 AM
You think Kobe scoring a lot is what I mean when I say what Curry is doing has not been done? Or that Dmavs meant Dirk has never taken 5 over threes in a single game? You seem to have hit the point of intentionally misunderstanding or pretending to...to extend an argument. There is no way anyone really takes these posts to mean the shit you just said. So im gonna go on and exit and watch the entire earth agree with me...aside from 40 people with blindfolds on posting online.

Dmavs is an idiot and of course I disagree with him saying dirk has never attempted more than 5 threes in a single game. I've watched him hit 6 before lol.

What you're saying is that nobody in league history has had the range to do what Curry is doing this year at the efficiency he has. I'm saying Kobe has and it was a part of his everyday arsenal, the only difference is Kobe had a worse team that allowed the other teams to create better pressure therefore in turn creating a lower efficiency rating. Curry has a deeper team that allows him to hit at this awesome rate, period. Kobe 06 on this year warrior can pull up from 40 all day long and hit them like clockwork. He was doing it even when being thoroughly more guarded than Curry. That's the end of discussion.

Funktion
02-29-2016, 02:46 AM
So he's a better rebounder. That's the point.
Get out of here queer.

Because he averages 1 more rebound per game? Oh shit the rape fam gets stronger?

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Kevin-Garnett-Reaction-at-2013-Dunk-Contest.gif

Lakersfamftw
02-29-2016, 02:48 AM
Because he averages 1 more rebound per game? Oh shit the flaming homophobe fam gets stronger?

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Kevin-Garnett-Reaction-at-2013-Dunk-Contest.gif

Oh look folks. Looks like we have us a nice liber queer lover here:lol
You're said Kobe wasn't no better rebounder so I proved it. You admitted yourself Kobe averages more rebounds a game. Don't that prove that he's a better rebounder?

This ain't a debate. I wonder why you arguing with your own numbers, boy.

Funktion
02-29-2016, 02:49 AM
Oh look folks. Looks like we have us a nice liber queer lover here:lol
You're said Kobe wasn't no better rebounder so I proved it. You admitted yourself Kobe averages more rebounds a game. Don't that prove that he's a better rebounder?

This ain't a debate. I wonder why you arguing with your own numbers, boy.

Self inflicted meltdowns are best.

Lakersfamftw
02-29-2016, 02:52 AM
Self inflicted meltdowns are best.

Where the meltdown boy?
You either a liberal queer lover or a nigro.
Either way you the one melting down arguing against your own numbers. I ain't done that.
You admitted yourself Kobe average more rebounds a game. Why is this complicated.

DMAVS41
02-29-2016, 03:51 AM
You're a fool who is getting exposed, Dirk has never attempted more than 5 threes in a game?
Are you serious? Just quit posting

What?

I was right...Dirk's highest year taking 3's was in 2003 when he took 4.9 per game.

Curry is making 5.1 threes per game this year.

Think about that you ignorant clown.

Curry is making more threes per game this year than Dirk attempted at his highest point in his career.

Stop it. I've literally watched 99 percent of Dirk's career. He was never this type of player shooting 3's from this far out and this often. It's a terrible comparison.

DMAVS41
02-29-2016, 03:53 AM
Dmavs is an idiot and of course I disagree with him saying dirk has never attempted more than 5 threes in a single game. I've watched him hit 6 before lol.

What you're saying is that nobody in league history has had the range to do what Curry is doing this year at the efficiency he has. I'm saying Kobe has and it was a part of his everyday arsenal, the only difference is Kobe had a worse team that allowed the other teams to create better pressure therefore in turn creating a lower efficiency rating. Curry has a deeper team that allows him to hit at this awesome rate, period. Kobe 06 on this year warrior can pull up from 40 all day long and hit them like clockwork. He was doing it even when being thoroughly more guarded than Curry. That's the end of discussion.

I don't believe there are people capable of actually formulating sentences that are this dumb.

You have to be trolling.

You honestly think I'm arguing Dirk has never taken 5 threes in a single game?

I'm taking about a year per game averages you clown.

:wtf:

CAstill
02-29-2016, 03:57 AM
I don't believe there are people capable of actually formulating sentences that are this dumb.

You have to be trolling.

You honestly think I'm arguing Dirk has never taken 5 threes in a single game?

I'm taking about a year per game averages you clown.

:wtf:

No you stupid clown, you don't know how to form an argument correctly. I was waiting for your stupid invalid percentage counter to rear it's ugly head. I don't care if that's what you meant to say, the fact is that you said he never took more than 5 threes in a game and that's exactly what we were arguing about. Just sit down in the corner, you're not mentally equipped enough to counter. Go read your own text.

DMAVS41
02-29-2016, 04:03 AM
No you stupid clown, you don't know how to form an argument correctly. I was waiting for your stupid invalid percentage counter to rear it's ugly head. I don't care if that's what you meant to say, the fact is that you said he never took more than 5 threes in a game and that's exactly what we were arguing about. Just sit down in the corner, you're not mentally equipped enough to counter. Go read your own text.

I'm not going to argue with you.

Everyone in the world knows what I meant when I said what I did.

Lakersfamftw
02-29-2016, 04:05 AM
I'm not going to argue with you.

Everyone in the world knows what I meant when I said what I did.

No we don't. You was a Kobe hater. And now making up stuff as you go along. He called you out on it. Stop being an idiot. Argue his point or don't say nothing.

Black and White
02-29-2016, 04:10 AM

Does making more than 5 threes in a single game put a player on Curry's level of shooting? I surely hope that's not what you're trying to prove......

CAstill
02-29-2016, 04:13 AM
No we don't. You was a Kobe hater. And now making up stuff as you go along. He called you out on it. Stop being an idiot. Argue his point or don't say nothing.

He's a clown who has been decimated by my posts.
RIP dmavs no one will miss you

CAstill
02-29-2016, 04:19 AM
Does making more than 5 threes in a single game put a player on Curry's level of shooting? I surely hope that's not what you're trying to prove......

:biggums:

No not at all, that's not close to the point. The point is that Curry's range is not unprecedented and other players have had range beyond the 3 point line before and used it as a part of their everyday arsenal.

HOoopCityJones
02-29-2016, 04:27 AM
Again , some of you are trying to argue Curry's 3 ball efficiency instantly makes him better than Kobe. Ok if that's the case, why the hell are guys like Reggie and Ray Allen so low?

I just don't know, Ive already highlighted what I think Curry is better at, but shooting doesn't trump all....Or at least it shouldn't.

Also when are people gonna acknowledge this guy is playing on one of the best TEAMS ever? Curry's effortless range game is a byproduct of the offense and his Teammates being able to do similar things , if not some things better than him. Klay's defense, Dray's all around game etc, Iggy being the ultimate Vet.

Like come on this guy isn't just out there doing this regardless of who's on the floor with him, his Teammates are a big part of why his game is so effortless right now.

CAstill
02-29-2016, 04:31 AM
Again , some of you are trying to argue Curry's 3 ball efficiency instantly makes him better than Kobe. Ok if that's the case, why the hell are guys like Reggie and Ray Allen so low?

I just don't know, Ive already highlighted what I think Curry is better at, but shooting doesn't trump all....Or at least it shouldn't.

Also when are people gonna acknowledge this guy is playing on one of the best TEAMS ever? Curry's effortless range game is a byproduct of the offense and his Teammates being able to do similar things , if not some things better than him. Klay's defense, Dray's all around game etc, Iggy being the ultimate Vet.

Like come on this guy isn't just out there doing this regardless of who's on the floor with him, his Teammates are a big part of why his game is so effortless right now.

No you're completely correct and for those same reasons is why Kobe is still the better shooter.

HOoopCityJones
02-29-2016, 04:35 AM
Curry is the better shooter, Kobe is the better shot creator. It's simple.

You're all making it complicated. I'm not gonna crown Curry the better shot creator because he shoots 3's more efficiently.

Creating a shot and making a shot is not the same skill, at least I don't think it is. Does that make sense?

Kblaze8855
02-29-2016, 04:41 AM

You're all making it complicated. I'm not gonna crown Curry the better shot creator because he shoots 3's more efficiently.

Creating a shot and making a shot is not the same skill, at least I don't think it is. Does that make sense?

Long as you arent considering if a shot goes in or not as an aspect of impressive shot creation....I dont see why we are even talking about it.

I could create some epic ass shots in the NBA tomorrow if your judgment of my performance doesnt include if my shots go in.

CAstill
02-29-2016, 04:47 AM

Yes it does, just like shooting isn't just wide open shots. Whether it's catch and shoot or just a free throw, there is no shot that I'd risk my life on the line for Curry to make over prime kobe. Kobe Is simply a better shooter. I remember Mike Bibby talking about practicing with Kobe before over the summer and they had a practice session where he said Kobe hit over a hundred 3s in a row non stop. Pretty sure steph only hit 88 in a row. Mike Bibby use to shoot over a thousand threes a day and said he could never hit at that rate.

HOoopCityJones
02-29-2016, 05:16 AM
Long as you arent considering if a shot goes in or not as an aspect of impressive shot creation....I dont see why we are even talking about it.

I could create some epic ass shots in the NBA tomorrow if your judgment of my performance doesnt include if my shots go in.

Ok, so do you consider Ray Allen a better shot creator than Kobe since he's the better shooter? Or better yet Dirk, he and Kobe are closer in tier.

Kblaze8855
02-29-2016, 05:57 AM
While Ray Allen created more of his shots than history will remember....he wasnt creating shots like Curry. It isnt about number of made shots. How are some people(apparently...Kobe fans at the moment) watching these games and needing this explained? If It were about making 3s Korver would have had everyone going crazy. Or Peja. It isnt. Its about:

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/visual/whatshot/120214_CurryWinner2.gif

Its

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/859/718/ba548509fe91de745ba8367b2521ff99_original.gif?1368 428076

https://giant.gfycat.com/MarriedCreepyFishingcat.gif

http://i.imgur.com/XjNpl9X.gif

Steph is not just making shots. He is...creating shots. And doing it in ways previously thought impossible...because being able to make them is the whole point. I could create the shots he takes. Id just miss 98% of them. He doesnt. The shot....making...is the key. Guys who can outshoot Kobe...cant all do that. Not all shooters....can do anything like he can. Which shouldnt need explaining really. You can be a better shooter than Kobe and not a similar shot creator. Steph...just doesnt fall into that range. Hes a scorer who creates most of his shots. Just like Kobe.

Its just that the shots he creates....are more difficult. But still go in at a higher rate. So maybe they arent more difficult for him....because he seems to have taken an evolutionary leap of hand eye coordination.

Kobe it can be argued can create an easier shot than Curry...but thats always been used against others. Lebron can create an easy shot. People talk about Kobe making...tough shots. Creating and making shots others wouldnt dream of taking...and would miss if they tried. Curry is the next step there.

He...like Kobe...creates shots others wouldnt. Even other HOF scorers. Its just that the shots he creates are even more difficult to do anything about....because you have to change all you were taught about defense. This guy will go behind his back to find 7 inches of space and wet a 27 footer in your eye....all the time. He has taken the "Well...you cant do anything about that..." torch from Kobe and is taking even wilder shots....but making them. More of them than Kobe.

You cant compare what he does to just...shooters. Hes an off the dribble shot creator.

And he has more floor space you need to defend than even Kobe did. He takes "Once hes past halfcourt hes in range!" hyperbole we have heard used for all our lives(at times about Kobe)....into a simple matter of fact. He comes across halfcourt...hes legit...in range. No bullshit. Hes inside 40 feet.....close out.

Hes broken rules Kobe just...bent the hell out of.

AirFederer
02-29-2016, 06:10 AM

:biggums: :biggums: :biggums:
:lol :lol :lol

Marchesk
02-29-2016, 06:11 AM

Good god. That's absurd. Dude is making a mockery of the league.

Uncle Drew
02-29-2016, 06:12 AM
Ok, so do you consider Ray Allen a better shot creator than Kobe since he's the better shooter? Or better yet Dirk, he and Kobe are closer in tier.
This logic. :hammerhead:

plowking
02-29-2016, 06:17 AM

Good god. That's absurd. Dude is making a mockery of the league.

Back in the 60's and 70's they would have guarded him with 6 or 7 players instead of just 4 on that play. Hence he wouldn't be able to do shit.

Marchesk
02-29-2016, 06:22 AM
Back in the 60's and 70's they would have guarded him with 6 or 7 players instead of just 4 on that play. Hence he wouldn't be able to do shit.

And two would punch in the face, while another one would go for the knees and fourth would grab him around the ankles. Meanwhile, the other three would box him out.

No way Curry survives all that. Old timers are always harder core. None of this soft ass analytics BS. You just chucked and fought your way to the glass. Or you backed your man down, like real men did in those days.

raprap
02-29-2016, 07:03 AM
Reread the whole thread while eating breakfast, can't believe how ignorant these Kobe stans are. I'm not even sure if they are trolling or not. :oldlol:

HOoopCityJones
02-29-2016, 07:10 AM
Reread the whole thread while eating breakfast, can't believe how ignorant these Kobe stans are. I'm not even sure if they are trolling or not. :oldlol:

I rather be the fool who questions the knee jerk reactions of a flock of sheep. You guys are pretending Curry being a great shooter or making 3's off the dribble hasn't ever been done before. It's hilarious to be honest.

He's abnormally efficient, but if you don't think a lot of that comes from the benefit of being on one of the best and deepest Teams any of us have seen in a long time, idk what to say anymore.

To all you Lebron fans or stans who are saying Curry is better than he ever was should feel ashamed too.

HOoopCityJones
02-29-2016, 07:17 AM
This logic. :hammerhead:

Seems like sound logic to me. Shot creation isn't how many 3's you can hit at a high clip , at least not by itself. There's more to the offense side of the ball.

driving straight down the lane, tear drops, hook shots, baseline dunks, coast to coast lay ups, reverse lay ups. I'm not even saying Curry can't do any of this himself, but better than Kobe?

Are you guys fuccing high?

knicksman
02-29-2016, 07:23 AM
Kobes game still needs atleticism(strength) to create his shot because most of his shots are post ups while curry is using his dribbling skills which is much tougher. And the guy is doing it at the 3 pt line which imo has never been done in history.

HOoopCityJones
02-29-2016, 07:24 AM
While Ray Allen created more of his shots than history will remember....he wasnt creating shots like Curry. It isnt about number of made shots. How are some people(apparently...Kobe fans at the moment) watching these games and needing this explained? If It were about making 3s Korver would have had everyone going crazy. Or Peja. It isnt. Its about:

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/visual/whatshot/120214_CurryWinner2.gif

Its

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/859/718/ba548509fe91de745ba8367b2521ff99_original.gif?1368 428076

http://i.imgur.com/XjNpl9X.gif

Steph is not just making shots. He is...creating shots. And doing it in ways previously thought impossible...because being able to make them is the whole point. I could create the shots he takes. Id just miss 98% of them. He doesnt. The shot....making...is the key. Guys who can outshoot Kobe...cant all do that. Not all shooters....can do anything like he can. Which shouldnt need explaining really. You can be a better shooter than Kobe and not a similar shot creator. Steph...just doesnt fall into that range. Hes a scorer who creates most of his shots. Just like Kobe.

Its just that the shots he creates....are more difficult. But still go in at a higher rate. So maybe they arent more difficult for him....because he seems to have taken an evolutionary leap of hand eye coordination.

Kobe it can be argued can create an easier shot than Curry...but thats always been used against others. Lebron can create an easy shot. People talk about Kobe making...tough shots. Creating and making shots others wouldnt dream of taking...and would miss if they tried. Curry is the next step there.

He...like Kobe...creates shots others wouldnt. Even other HOF scorers. Its just that the shots he creates are even more difficult to do anything about....because you have to change all you were taught about defense. This guy will go behind his back to find 7 inches of space and wet a 27 footer in your eye....all the time. He has taken the "Well...you cant do anything about that..." torch from Kobe and is taking even wilder shots....but making them. More of them than Kobe.

You cant compare what he does to just...shooters. Hes an off the dribble shot creator.

And he has more floor space you need to defend than even Kobe did. He takes "Once hes past halfcourt hes in range!" hyperbole we have heard used for all our lives(at times about Kobe)....into a simple matter of fact. He comes across halfcourt...hes legit...in range. No bullshit. Hes inside 40 feet.....close out.

Hes broken rules Kobe just...bent the hell out of.

You're the same guy who once said without certain advantages provided by his current physical make up Dirk would be just another Channing Frye if I'm not mistaken, (correct me if I'm wrong) because all he can do is shoot. So it's just kind of amusing to see you now pretending Curry's 3 ball trumps all other aspects of the scoring game we've come to know.

knicksman
02-29-2016, 07:27 AM

Bro, bran isnt even in the discussion coz he cant even shoot much more create his own shot. Lol

sportjames23
02-29-2016, 07:32 AM

:biggums:

Was looking for the invisible text, but...

raprap
02-29-2016, 07:34 AM
Bro, bran isnt even in the discussion coz he cant even shoot much more create his own shot. Lol
This is the definition of rent free :oldlol:

knicksman
02-29-2016, 07:38 AM
This is the definition of rent free :oldlol:

Im just educating you man coz this is the no. 1 reason why kobe and curry are winners while bran is 2/6

HOoopCityJones
02-29-2016, 07:43 AM
So, basically the only posters who are denying that Curry is better than Kobe has ever been offensively (which is a conclusion supported by any metric you care to use), are the ones who are known for being biased stans and essentially sh*tposters.

Sounds about right.

Basically the only people saying Curry is better than Kobe Bryant and Lebron James ever was, or even more ridiculously Jordan of all people are just looking for the next sack of nuts to hang from and guzzle. Sounds just about right.

Can we be grown ups now and have a conversation?

Percentages are not the paramount for who's better than whom or else a lot of guys have been getting shafted all time.

raprap
02-29-2016, 07:47 AM
Im just educating you man coz this is the no. 1 reason why kobe and curry are winners while bran is 2/6
Lol k retard :oldlol:

knicksman
02-29-2016, 08:01 AM
Lol k retard :oldlol:

Well its up to you bro. Im just concerned coz youre already a loser in real life and you still lose here in ish

plowking
02-29-2016, 08:01 AM
Basically the only people saying Curry is better than Kobe Bryant and Lebron James ever was, or even more ridiculously Jordan of all people are just looking for the next sack of nuts to hang from and guzzle. Sounds just about right.

Can we be grown ups now and have a conversation?

Percentages are not the paramount for who's better than whom or else a lot of guys have been getting shafted all time.

Or people who don't care for any of the three simply see a player that is as good if not better.

Same way in which Messi is one of my least favourite players ever, but I know damn well he is the best or at least the second best to ever play.

HOoopCityJones
02-29-2016, 08:13 AM
Or people who don't care for any of the three simply see a player that is as good if not better.

Same way in which Messi is one of my least favourite players ever, but I know damn well he is the best or at least the second best to ever play.

If 2014-16 of great basketball, mostly pertaining to shooting records and percentages makes a guy better than a player ever was...Holy shit this game and whats valued has changed. That's four years.

Think about the day you all said four years of good to great Curry is better than anything Lebron James and Kobe Bryant ever did.

Floyd Mayweather is a perfect example. Guy is extremely efficient at fighting and is undefeated but who's putting him over the likes of Ali and Tyson?

DMV2
02-29-2016, 08:21 AM
If 2014-16 of great basketball, mostly pertaining to shooting records and percentages makes a guy better than a player ever was...Holy shit this game and whats valued has changed. That's four years.

Think about the day you all said four years of good to great Curry is better than anything Lebron James and Kobe Bryant ever did.

Floyd Mayweather is a perfect example. Guy is extremely efficient at fighting and is undefeated but who's putting him over the likes of Ali and Tyson?
Iron Mike is my favorite boxer of all-time but his resume is one of the weakest for an all-time great. Youngest undisputed champion was great and all but besides a near retired Holmes and oldass Bonecrusher Smith, who did he beat?

HOoopCityJones
02-29-2016, 08:26 AM
Iron Mike is my favorite boxer of all-time but his resume is one of the weakest for an all-time great. Youngest undisputed champion was great and all but besides a near retired Holmes and oldass Bonecrusher Smith, who did he beat?

Replace him with Sugar Ray, the point is still the same. :confusedshrug:

Cold soul
02-29-2016, 11:58 AM

True Curry hits them at better rate and percentage. Curry is their with Kobe offensively maybe even better on offense than Kobe best, I'll still take Kobe at his best as all around player but damn I can't deny what Curry has done this season. Curry is redefining the PG position nobody has done what he is currently doing.

Cold soul
02-29-2016, 12:04 PM

Curry is greatest shooter ever from any distance but Kobe is still best bad shot maker in NBA history which can be blessing and curse at times.

Rocketswin2013
02-29-2016, 12:13 PM
let it go

hiphopfan777
02-29-2016, 12:20 PM
Who had 81 points 62 poonts in three quarters

G-Funk
02-29-2016, 12:26 PM
why is kobe better as a shot creator?
Because he will attack the rim relentlessly and post up if he's shot is not falling.

CelticBaller
02-29-2016, 12:35 PM
Curry is better and that's not even a question

HOoopCityJones
02-29-2016, 12:36 PM
Because he will attack the rim relentlessly and post up if he's shot is not falling.

:applause:

DavisIsMyUniBro
02-29-2016, 12:41 PM

Curry is shooting 47.1% from 3 not counting full court heaves,

Kobe has ever had a fg% of above 47.

CelticBaller
02-29-2016, 12:42 PM

Damn

DavisIsMyUniBro
02-29-2016, 12:53 PM

Oh, and between 0-10 feet, curry is shooting 61.7%. 10th in the league.

For comparison, Kobe made 56.7% of his shots there in 06

Extend to 0-15 feet, Kobe made 53.4% of his shots there

Curry is at 60%

And finally, from 28 feet to 50 feet, curry is 36/54.

tpols
02-29-2016, 12:53 PM
if he's shot is not falling.

that hasnt happened for curry in like .. a year or two

HOoopCityJones
02-29-2016, 01:01 PM
that hasnt happened for curry in like .. a year or two

He's the better shooter....:biggums:

Kobe has way more dimensions to his game than his FG % and 3pt% :oldlol:

PJR
02-29-2016, 01:12 PM

That is incredible! :roll:

Kblaze8855
02-29-2016, 01:22 PM
You're the same guy who once said without certain advantages provided by his current physical make up Dirk would be just another Channing Frye if I'm not mistaken, (correct me if I'm wrong) because all he can do is shoot. So it's just kind of amusing to see you now pretending Curry's 3 ball trumps all other aspects of the scoring game we've come to know.

You got that quite twisted. I said if someone like Frye(generally meaning his size with his mobility) could also shoot like dirk(Meaning....make shots of almost unparalleled toughness with no regard for being open) he could be him. Or something similar since no two people will be identical. Which stemmed from an old argument on Dirk, Duncan, and KG....and Dirk being the only one who doesnt justify much PT minus his greatest asset. Curry you cant make that claim about. If Curry were an average shooter hes still one of the 3 best ball handlers alive, and hes still a mean finisher, and great playmaker.

Curry is potentially a star minus any single skill he has. Now...you take both his shooting and handles...different story. But he doesnt go from star....to bench...minus any one skill.

I rather be the fool who questions the knee jerk reactions of a flock of sheep. You guys are pretending Curry being a great shooter or making 3's off the dribble hasn't ever been done before. It's hilarious to be honest.

Do you realize that some of the people you would claim have done this before are among those saying its never been done before?

The level of what appears to be intentional blindness here is overwhelming. Yes...a bunch of people have made 3s off the dribble. No....nobody else has so routinely done it at this level and with such absurd night in night out range and results. Guys are mentioning people who supposedly did the things hes doing who made literally a third of his outside shots. And most of theirs would be the usual spot ups. Guy mentioned Larry Bird(was that you? Im not scrolling up). Larry is my favorite non Bull of all time. But the issue is created long range shots....showing this almost inhuman range.

Including playoffs this season....Curry might make 500 threes. Bird made 649 in his entire regular season career. In January and February combined...hes about 40 threes short of matching Larry Birds first 6 seasons combined.

Did Bird potentially have the skill? Yes. But to say you saw him do anything like this would be factually incorrect. It would be...no matter who you try to bring up.

This is like people in awe of a fully automatic shotgun being used to chop down a redwood tree and you coming along saying "Guys....stop acting like you never saw a gun before. My uncle had a gun. Mr.Smith up the street has a gun. Stop being sheep.".

You are coming in here acting like the entire basketball world is just lying to themselves and blocked out all the other people taking 11 threes a night and somehow still shooting 52%. Like we disrespected everyone else dribbling through entire teams like Curly Neal in a globetrotter game then launching up turnaround 3s 4-5 times a night....and making them. Like we forgot the other people who get on fire like NBA jam and hoist up 38 foot game winners and make half of their shots OUTSIDE 28 feet.

You have not seen shit like this before. Even if you cant accept it. If you did you better be a lot older than me. You sure as hell didnt watch it on a color tv.

The closest anyone ive seen has come to this reckless "What is he doing..." style of off the dribble scoring...is probably Baron Davis in his last couple years on the Hornets. And he was shooting like 38% and probably 33% from 3. Michael Adams on those 130ppg giving up Nuggets...even he wasnt this outlandish. I watch these people...even today. When I made my video on Adams nuggets team...

Im not talking out of my ass here about shit I half remember. Watching old games....players...is what I do. Its how I pass the time. My own tapes are extensive. I save virtually everything anyone else offers. Whatever it is you think you have seen to compare this to....I missed it.

And im sitting on like 50 minutes of Purvis Short footage. I have the videos NBA teams in the 80s sent out to their season ticket holders hoping they buy another years worth just because I can get good clips of Walter Davis off them or clips of Rafael Addison alley oops from Jeff Hornacek. You name the obscure player or the star...you think was this. I'll show you more footage than you would believe of him not being it tonight.

Collecting such things...is what I do. All the time.

Whatever you saw...I just dont buy that I missed it.

And I dont buy that Nash, Kiki, Chuck Person, or Dana Barros missed it either:

“Truly, from the eye test, he’s the greatest there’s ever been,” Nash told the Bleacher Report’s Ric Bucher for a story in which three other sharpshooters — Kiki Vandeweghe, Dana Barros and Chuck Person — agreed Curry is the best ever.

“The only pause I have is from fear of being ignorant,” Nash said. “Am I missing someone? Does he need to play longer or do it longer? Does he have to do it in the playoffs more years? But my first reaction is, ‘Why not?’

“He’s as good as anyone I can think of on every level — pure shooting, array of shots, percentage, getting hot, plays to the end — he checks all the boxes.”

“I had coaches tell me I was hurting our team at times by trying to set up my teammates, but I always thought I got it back by how I made them feel and incorporated them into the offensive scheme and the chemistry of the team.

“He’s capable of that, but he’s more inclined to score. There are things he can do that I can’t. He’s such a beautiful shooter with such an array of shots and such a quick release, you wouldn’t want to take that away from him at all.”

Nash and Curry — who incredibly made 77 straight 3-pointers in practice this season — share an uncanny ability to shoot off the dribble.

“Steph takes it to another level,” Nash said. “He can do it from deeper and, frankly, I never took a step-back. He has no trouble taking a step-back and making it. You add that to all the other shots. It could be a clincher in this game of deciding who’s the best.”

Barros and Person both ranked Miller and Ray Allen among the best shooters ever, with Bird, Glen Rice and the late Drazen Petrovic also making the list, while Vandeweghe named Nash, Jerry West, Dale Ellis and Curry’s father, Dell.

“I played HORSE with Nash and he’s the best I’ve played with,” Vandeweghe said. “Steph reminds me of Steve in some ways.

“I’ve never seen anyone better (than Curry). The difficulty of some of the shots he makes is incredible, and no matter where he is, he can always get off a good shot.”

Person, aka “The Rifleman,” said Curry’s quick release sets him apart.

“I don’t think there’s ever been anybody better,” he said. “He can shoot the ball quicker than the spot-up guys. That’s unprecedented.”

And that was last year....when he was playing quite a bit worse than he is now.

What exactly do you think all these people missed when they conclude that this is.....as the Rifleman said...unprecedented?

This guys off the dribble shooting was on a level never before seen 2-3 years ago. What he is now is a whole other breed. Its like hes bored and just clowning...making it harder on himself to feel like its a challenge again.

Sometimes it isnt the world thats crazy. This is one of them. Everyone else isnt crazy. You are just not accepting the obvious.

IVe never said he was better than most of these people in discussion.

But I cant with a straight face say he isnt as godly a shot creator as there has ever been.

Hes creating shots that dont make any sense. And unlike say....Baron Davis who did the same thing at times.....his go in.

They go in.

Thats the important part you know?

DavisIsMyUniBro
02-29-2016, 01:44 PM
He's the better shooter....:biggums:

Kobe has way more dimensions to his game than his FG % and 3pt% :oldlol:

Curry is also a better passer.

At his position, curry is a better rebounder as well. He is averaging 5.2. Kobe had that in 09, and 4.7 in 06.

Much better ball handler

And if we are using 06 Kobe, then yes, he is a better defender as well.

Lebronxrings
02-29-2016, 01:47 PM
Curry defeats kobe.

ArbitraryWater
02-29-2016, 01:51 PM

so what? Take that myriad up your ass, Steph can easily create himself a more effective shot

DavisIsMyUniBro
02-29-2016, 01:57 PM
so what? Take that myriad up your ass, Steph can easily create himself a more effective shot

It's funny how curry does 4 of those 5 things better than Kobe does anyway

Lakersfamftw
02-29-2016, 02:11 PM

No he's cannot. You muslim loving idiot. NoBODY in basketball thinks that.
Curry might be a better 3 point shooter but not overall. From all spots. Somebody posted a graph. Kobe shoots better than everybody from more spots on the floor than 99% of players take.
Stay saying nothing if u don't know nothin. For the last time.

Knoe Itawl
02-29-2016, 02:13 PM
Well, as usual, Kobe stans say the most ridiculous nonsense that most NO ONE agrees with. I don't get it. Do they think they have this magical insight where they see things as they are, and everyone else are just "haters"?

The way Curry is playing right now >> Kobe. And people want to bring up Kobe's alleged defense to make it closer but:

A. Anyone who's not a stan knows Kobe's D is highly overrated
B. Curry is no defensive slouch. He's actually a pretty good defender.
C. The other intangibles that Curry has over Kobe (better teammate, efficiency, better bball IQ) negate what advantages Bryant may have over him on the defensive end.

Lakersfamftw
02-29-2016, 02:14 PM
Well, as usual, Kobe stans say the most ridiculous nonsense that most NO ONE agrees with. I don't get it. Do they think they have this magical insight where they see things as they are, and everyone else are just "haters"?

The way Curry is playing right now >> Kobe. And people want to bring up Kobe's alleged defense to make it closer but:

A. Anyone who's not a stan knows Kobe's D is highly overrated
B. Curry is no defensive slouch. He's actually a pretty good defender.
C. The other intangibles that Curry has over Kobe (better teammate, efficiency, better bball IQ) negate what advantages Bryant may have over him on the defensive end.

You think Curry is a better defender than Kobe and you call us idiots?

DavisIsMyUniBro
02-29-2016, 02:26 PM
No he's cannot. You muslim loving idiot. NoBODY in basketball thinks that.
Curry might be a better 3 point shooter but not overall. From all spots. Somebody posted a graph. Kobe shoots better than everybody from more spots on the floor than 99% of players take.
Stay saying nothing if u don't know nothin. For the last time.

Kobe in 06 shot

56.7% from 0-10 feet
45.5% from 10-15 feet
42.1% from 15-3pnt line
34.7% from 3 point line

Curry this year is shooting

61.7% from 0-10 feet
48.2% from 10-15 feet
47.1% from 15-3pnt line
46.8% from 3 point line

Bankaii
02-29-2016, 02:28 PM
How the hell did I miss this thread? Some of the posters in here are seriously so retarded it's detrimental to society.

Kobe being a better shooter than Curry(GOAT shooter)?:roll:
Kobe being a better shot created than Curry?:roll:
Curry being a better defender than Kobe?:roll:
Curry having a better than Lebron/Duncan/Durant ever had and it's not close?:roll:
Curry being better than Jordan/GOAT?:roll:

There's living in the moment, then there's just a lack of basketball knowledge.

Lakersfamftw
02-29-2016, 02:30 PM
Kobe in 06 shot

56.7% from 0-10 feet
45.5% from 10-15 feet
42.1% from 15-3pnt line
34.7% from 3 point line

Curry this year is shooting

61.7% from 0-10 feet
48.2% from 10-15 feet
47.1% from 15-3pnt line
46.8% from 3 point line

What difference does it make if he scores more you inbred yack?
That's like comparing Kobe's shooting to deandros Jordan.
They don't take anything near equal the amount of shots. With volume efficiency changes. You'd know that.

SugarHill
02-29-2016, 02:53 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Knoe Itawl
02-29-2016, 02:59 PM
Go **** yourself you're an idiot. Kobe is top 5 GOAT deal with it bitch. It's sad Kobe rapes your mind 24/7 maybe he did dirty deeds to your crack ho mother.

This was along with my most recent rep (it was negative, in case you were wondering :oldlol: )

Man, Kobe stans are a pretty scary breed of idiot.

DavisIsMyUniBro
02-29-2016, 03:13 PM
What difference does it make if he scores more you inbred yack?
That's like comparing Kobe's shooting to deandros Jordan.
They don't take anything near equal the amount of shots. With volume efficiency changes. You'd know that.

In 33.9 minutes, curry scores 30.7ppg

It took Kobe 41 minutes to score 35 a game

In games where curry plays 35 minutes or more (total is 36.8 minutes per game in that span) he scores 34.8ppg on nearly identical efficiency.

DMAVS41
02-29-2016, 03:14 PM

He didn't say quite that.

His claim was simple. He claimed that if Frye could shoot as well as Dirk...he'd be just as good as Dirk.

It was an ignorant claim and no way does he actually mean it...he just got upset in our debate.

We don't have to go over that again, but we all know Dirk is far more skilled in a variety of ways that Frye isn't. Frye is already a very very very good shooter and if he had Dirk's skills just in the post...he'd be a much better player.

I hate the "take away the best thing about a player and what are they?" questions, but I see inconsistency out of Blaze here again unfortunately.

He said Dirk basically couldn't get minutes if he couldn't shoot...well, he said that to me. Then another poster said Dirk would be about as good as Pau Gasol...and Blaze said "maybe"...so the truth is he didn't know what he was saying.

Take away Curry's shot and give him Tony Allen level shooting and he's nobody ever brought up here. He'd be nowhere near as good as Avery Bradley.

The notion that Curry would be a star if he was a terrible shooter is absurd.

Again, pointless to even discuss, but at least be accurate.

FKAri
02-29-2016, 03:37 PM
Kobe is probably the best shot creator ever along with MJ if you stretch the definition a bit. Kobe could get a shot off from anywhere on the court under all kinds of duress. Curry's not as good with a defender on him. He's still a good iso scorer but not on the level of Kobe. Curry uses picks very effectively to set up his offense. That combined with his ability to find open guys makes him a tremendous scorer

MJ > Kobe > Curry as scorers BUT below is where they had their specialties:

MJ = beating his defender and taking the shot he wants to take
Kobe = taking the shot the defense is giving him and making the shot
Curry = making his shot before the defense can get to him

Lakersfamftw
02-29-2016, 03:38 PM
Kobe is probably the best shot creator ever along with MJ if you stretch the definition a bit. Kobe could get a shot off from anywhere on the court under all kinds of duress. Curry's not as good with a defender on him. He's still a good iso scorer but not on the level of Kobe. Curry uses picks very effectively to set up his offense. That combined with his ability to find open guys makes him a tremendous scorer

MJ > Kobe > Curry as scorers BUT below is where they had their specialties:

MJ = beating his defender and taking the shot he wants to take
Kobe = taking the shot the defense is giving him and making the shot
Curry = making his shot before the defense can get to him

Agreed. But that's the argument. Kobe is a better scorer overall and created than Curry. Folks on here were suggesting Curry is a better created than Kobe.

feyki
02-29-2016, 03:43 PM
If shot creating on outside shots , Curry is better ball handler , more quick with ball and way more agile ( even close to Ivy level ) . But of course , in the post or when attack to the rim ; Kobe was better . No doubt about that .

Kobe was better defender and Curry is better playmaker , i agree . Only Kobe's 01 Spurs or 10 Suns series could match this level of Curry .

Rocketswin2013
02-29-2016, 03:47 PM
how in the **** is kobe a better scorer than curry? :wtf: what in the hell are we talking about here? someone needs to define "scorer".

Knoe Itawl
02-29-2016, 04:02 PM
how in the **** is kobe a better scorer than curry? :wtf: what in the hell are we talking about here? someone needs to define "scorer".

He's not. Don't mistake what stans say for reality.

Kblaze8855
02-29-2016, 04:02 PM
if curry couldn't shoot he's somewhere north of Jamaal Tinsley but just south of prime Rod Strickland. his star status would depend on the team and what exactly he's asked to do. I imagine rod would be harder to defend these days with the floor spread and nobody being able to touch him. couldn't shoot for shit though

CAstill
02-29-2016, 04:40 PM

Scorer = someone who puts the ball in the hoop no matter the situation.
Kobe scored more and could do it in more ways. Kobe has scoring records that Curry won't touch.

f0und
02-29-2016, 04:46 PM
is kobe a better shot creator than curry? who the *uck cares? kobe can and has created tons of shots throughout his career. too bad he's just average at actually putting the ball in the basket. what matters is who's the better shot maker, and thats curry in a landslide.

HOoopCityJones
02-29-2016, 04:49 PM
People thinking variety of scoring and 3 pt shooting percentages are created equal.

Ive already admitted Curry is a better shooter than Kobe since the original post. But shot creating? Hitting under heavy defensive pressure? It's Kobe every time.

Black and White
02-29-2016, 05:01 PM
People thinking variety of scoring and 3 pt shooting percentages are created equal.

Ive already admitted Curry is a better shooter than Kobe since the original post. But shot creating? Hitting under heavy defensive pressure? It's Kobe every time.

Sure, Kobe is the best bad shot maker probably ever, but I feel like the argument has changed somewhat as people are questioning Curry's offensive ability, he's more than just a shooter, he's a fantastic finisher around the rim, not to mention he's an excellent off-ball player too.

Curry right now is having a better season than Kobe ever did, you take Curry off the Warriors and they don't win shit, the impact and attention he draws on defenses is what makes this team deadly.

Ca$H
02-29-2016, 05:04 PM
I have been a Kobe fan since the beginning of his career and it's pretty clear that Curry this year is better than peak Kobe. This is a top 5 GOAT season period by any measure regular season stats, advanced stats, and even the eye test. This is Jordan/Wilt level mythological stuff.

HOoopCityJones
02-29-2016, 05:08 PM
Sure, Kobe is the best bad shot maker probably ever, but I feel like the argument has changed somewhat as people are questioning Curry's offensive ability, he's more than just a shooter, he's a fantastic finisher around the rim, not to mention he's an excellent off-ball player too.

Curry right now is having a better season than Kobe ever did, you take Curry off the Warriors and they don't win shit, the impact and attention he draws on defenses is what makes this team deadly.

He's better at that than Kobe in his prime?

You take any best player off their Team and they don't win. Like the Cavs recently didn't without Lebron.

You guys are alittle too high off hype. Curry is clearly the better shooter and passer than Kobe. But the various ways to score on the basketball court no man has mastered more than Kobe and Jordan.

Black and White
02-29-2016, 05:12 PM

You take any best player off their Team and they don't win. Like the Cavs recently didn't without Lebron.

You guys are alittle too high off hype. Curry is clearly the better shooter and passer than Kobe. But the various ways to score on the basketball court no man has mastered more than Kobe and Jordan.

I think you're getting confused, nobody is questioning his skill, he might be the GOAT or 2nd in terms of his scoring arsenal, but what people are saying is Curry is scoring in a way we have never seen before, his efficiency is out of this world, hes more than just a shooter, that's what you're losing track of.

And yes, I'm saying current Curry > peak Kobe.

HOoopCityJones
02-29-2016, 05:19 PM
LMAO how he hasn't even sniffed Kobe's best records in 06. He just barely tied he and Marshall for most 3's in a game.

Kblaze8855
02-29-2016, 05:19 PM
"People thinking variety of scoring and 3 pt shooting percentages are created equal."

And yet.....nobody in here is saying Korver or Kerr is a special shot creator. Why might that be? It really feels like you aren't even trying to be reasonable and think this through.

HOoopCityJones
02-29-2016, 05:20 PM
I think you're getting confused, nobody is questioning his skill, he might be the GOAT or 2nd in terms of his scoring arsenal, but what people are saying is Curry is scoring in a way we have never seen before, his efficiency is out of this world, hes more than just a shooter, that's what you're losing track of.

And yes, I'm saying current Curry > peak Kobe.

Will this is what Ive been trying to say the entire thread. I think Iwas very clear, but it seems people are so hype off Curry that if you don't immediately agree he's the best ever you're some fucc boy. :lol

CAstill
02-29-2016, 05:26 PM
It's crazy how horrible a lot of you posters are. Bunch of prisoners of the moment who fake like they understood basketball in their younger days. You guys are complete garbage. Anyone saying Curry has better handles than Kobe must be retarded, bias, or young. It's easy to say that about Kobe with his mangled fingers but a prime Kobe with healthy fingers? Are you serious? Kobe would feast on curry, make a whole and 1 mixtape off crossing him and blowing by at will. What's next? Curry got better handles than Iverson too? And passing? Are you serious? It's not close. Kobe was given the worst cast ever during his prime, players that botched 5 to 6 assist a game and he still averaged a little more than 5 a game. Give him the Warriors talent during his prime and Kobe would have the strongest Goat case of all time. At the end of the day Curry is really good but he's a product of his team to be historically relevant. You guys are just prisoners of the moment.

RRR3
02-29-2016, 05:38 PM
It's crazy how horrible a lot of you posters are. Bunch of prisoners of the moment who fake like they understood basketball in their younger days. You guys are complete garbage. Anyone saying Curry has better handles than Kobe must be retarded, bias, or young. It's easy to say that about Kobe with his mangled fingers but a prime Kobe with healthy fingers? Are you serious? Kobe would feast on curry, make a whole and 1 mixtape off crossing him and blowing by at will. What's next? Curry got better handles than Iverson too? And passing? Are you serious? It's not close. Kobe was given the worst cast ever during his prime, players that botched 5 to 6 assist a game and he still averaged a little more than 5 a game. Give him the Warriors talent during his prime and Kobe would have the strongest Goat case of all time. At the end of the day Curry is really good but he's a product of his team to be historically relevant. You guys are just prisoners of the moment.

Stop acting like you have the slightest bit of objectivity.

Tell us more about how Kobe is a better shooter than Curry :lol :facepalm

FKAri
02-29-2016, 05:39 PM

Curry might be a more effective scorer than Kobe. I can see an argument. Curry makes the correct play more often than Kobe did. Curry also has a more complete team around him than Kobe ever did so it's tough to criticize Kobe for playing Kobe-ball. Kobe's style demands more scoring ability than Curry's. However Curry's style relies on taking advantage of the easy opportunities he can get.

It's like comparing Lebron and Carmelo in scoring. Carmelo is a much better scorer but often times Lebron's more effective. And this is not due to teammates as much as one would think. Carmelo doesn't take advantage of team basketball to help his own scoring. A lot of easy opportunities are not in his rhythm. He'll reject a good pick and prefer to iso. He'll pass up an open catch and shoot shot, and instead pull up off the dribble with a hand in his face. He'll catch the ball slowly pivot and jab step for several seconds (which has become somewhat of a sin in modern basketball) rather than catch the ball and try to make a quick move. This is just his natural rhythm. It's just the way Carmelo has learned to play ball. He doesn't take advantage of the easy shots he can get within the framework of modern team ball.

Just my opinion. I could be wrong because I feel what I'm describing is just the difference in how a SG plays vs PG tho.

DMAVS41
02-29-2016, 05:41 PM
if curry couldn't shoot he's somewhere north of Jamaal Tinsley but just south of prime Rod Strickland. his star status would depend on the team and what exactly he's asked to do. I imagine rod would be harder to defend these days with the floor spread and nobody being able to touch him. couldn't shoot for shit though

Not in this league.

If you are a guard that can't shoot and are a average defender/rebounder...and don't have superior athleticism to attack like a Westbrook or 2011 Rose...you simply can't be a star.

We'd need to know your definition of star as you called Afflalo a star at one point, but I'm comfortable saying any legitimate definition of the word just leads to a big no.

We'd also need to know what you mean by can't shoot, but I assume it means terrible as you claimed Dirk wouldn't even get minutes.

So, again, if Curry had the shot of Tony Allen...he can't be a star in this league. The other aspects of his game don't move the needle at all. His defense and rebounding is nothing that is changing a game. He couldn't play pick and roll well enough. He doesn't even see the floor as well as a guy like Rubio...nor does he manage a game or defend as well as a guy like Rubio imo.

He'd be in the league of course, but star? Just no...

He both wouldn't and couldn't be better than Avery Bradley...and Avery Bradley isn't a star.

RRR3
02-29-2016, 05:41 PM
Carmelo's never been a better scorer than LeBron and current Curry is a better scorer than Kobe.

You guys overrate the shit out of versatile scoring skill sets. It doesn't mean shit when you're chucking up bricks all the time.

blablabla
02-29-2016, 05:47 PM
Curry might be a more effective scorer than Kobe. I can see an argument. Curry makes the correct play more often than Kobe did. Curry also has a more complete team around him than Kobe ever did so it's tough to criticize Kobe for playing Kobe-ball. Kobe's style demands more scoring ability than Curry's. However Curry's style relies on taking advantage of the easy opportunities he can get.

I don't think its more scoring ability, just a different type of scoring ability. Kobe was never that good at one thing as Curry, he had to get you in a variety of ways to maximize his scoring output.

blablabla
02-29-2016, 05:49 PM
You guys overrate the shit out of versatile scoring skill sets. It doesn't mean shit when you're chucking up bricks all the time.
Basically

riseagainst
02-29-2016, 05:50 PM
If Curry took only 3's on the same volume as 06 Kobe, he'd still have a better overall efficiency (TS%).

:lol

PP34Deuce
02-29-2016, 06:01 PM

Curry is GOAT off the ball but overall...

Kobe could create shots and get to the line.

The 3 point shot has really become the IT thing in the NBA.

that golden state team was built perfectly to Currys strengths.

doesn't have to play as much defense when Livingston or Iggy are in there
Doesn't have to be a PG because Green passes and gives them flow

Steph Curry is Mike Bibby on steroids with a little bit of Nash.

CAstill
02-29-2016, 06:03 PM
Stop acting like you have the slightest bit of objectivity.

Tell us more about how Kobe is a better shooter than Curry :lol :facepalm

You're a clown who I've slaughtered in the past. I'm the realest poster on this board. That's why my post count so low because you all are idiots and garbage. You know nothing of winning basketball knowledge. 3ball is the best poster on the board and all he does is spam Jordan posts all day and doesn't even rank him as GOAT :roll:

RRR3
02-29-2016, 06:07 PM
You're a clown who I've slaughtered in the past. I'm the realest poster on this board. That's why my post count so low because you all are idiots and garbage. You know nothing of winning basketball knowledge. 3ball is the best poster on the board and all he does is spam Jordan posts all day and doesn't even rank him as GOAT :roll:
Bruh....

You think Kobe is a better ft shooter and overall shooter than curry. And arguably as good at 3s.

If you can't recognize how dumb that is, you're either a complete moron or blinded by your unhealthy love for Kobe

CAstill
02-29-2016, 06:19 PM
Bruh....

You think Kobe is a better ft shooter and overall shooter than curry. And arguably as good at 3s.

If you can't recognize how dumb that is, you're either a complete moron or blinded by your unhealthy love for Kobe

I'm not the one blind, I'm basing my argument off skill, team variable, health, and probability. YOU base you're argument off percentages which is stupid. I'm a better shooter than you, I hurt my hand. We play a 3 point shootout, you win. You're still not the better shooter you numb nuts. When I was healthy I murdered you all day every day. That is what happened to Kobe. Curry is a Nash type player, excellent but not GOAT level.

FKAri
02-29-2016, 06:19 PM
Carmelo's never been a better scorer than LeBron and current Curry is a better scorer than Kobe.

I'd take Carmelo over Lebron in a 1 on 1 game. You take away the ability to use teammates and Carmelo's better at scoring in a vacuum. Lebron is better at scoring when the easy baskets present themselves and using his passing to keep the focus off of him. Lebron is ultimately the more effective scorer.

I might be a better marksman than you but while I'm using my revolver to take out 75% of targets at 200 yards you're securing them at 90% with a scoped rifle. It might not be the most effective way to do it but I just feel more comfortable with my revolver. I also have the added versatility a revolver provides me.

RRR3
02-29-2016, 06:20 PM
LeBron beats Carmelo 1v1 imo. Regardless he's a better scorer. Playoff stats completely end the discussion

Cocaine80s
02-29-2016, 06:25 PM
Curry is better than Kobe ever was

So what if he never scored 81 before? He could score 80+ if he wanted to

RRR3
02-29-2016, 06:25 PM
I'm not the one blind, I'm basing my argument off skill, team variable, health, and probability. YOU base you're argument off percentages which is stupid. I'm a better shooter than you, I hurt my hand. We play a 3 point shootout, you win. You're still not the better shooter you numb nuts. When I was healthy I murdered you all day every day. That is what happened to Kobe. Curry is a Nash type player, excellent but not GOAT level.

Being a better shooter than me isn't an accomplishment :lol

Even when Kobe was healthy he was shooting at best mid to high 30s on 3s. His career his 38% on 4 3s attempted per game. That is literally a joke compared to what curry is doing. There is absolutely ZERO argument for Kobe as a shooter versus curry. Zero. You are just way too emotionally attached to Kobe to see something so painfully obvious that a 4 year old could recognize it.

CAstill
02-29-2016, 06:34 PM
Being a better shooter than me isn't an accomplishment :lol

Even when Kobe was healthy he was shooting at best mid to high 30s on 3s. His career his 38% on 4 3s attempted per game. That is literally a joke compared to what curry is doing. There is absolutely ZERO argument for Kobe as a shooter versus curry. Zero. You are just way too emotionally attached to Kobe to see something so painfully obvious that a 4 year old could recognize it.

No, you just don't understand what better depth on a team oriented at shooting threes all day does to falsify perception. This is Nash all over again. We've been here before. Nash had better percentages too, not in any world or universe is Nash a better 3 point shooter than Kobe.

AirFederer
02-29-2016, 06:34 PM

This.

It's easy. If he continues like this he'll be better than mike offensively.

riseagainst
02-29-2016, 06:40 PM
No, you just don't understand what better depth on a team oriented at shooting threes all day does to falsify perception. This is Nash all over again. We've been here before. Nash had better percentages too, not in any world or universe is Nash a better 3 point shooter than Kobe.

Except Nash is a better 3 point shooter than Kobe.

ShawkFactory
02-29-2016, 06:51 PM
Nash is also one of the greatest shooters ever.

You have no leg to stand on here

CAstill
02-29-2016, 06:52 PM
Except Nash is a better 3 point shooter than Kobe.

Oh yeah, where was that during the 10 wcf when Kobe sent that ass home? Clutch threes Nash missing. Crying knowing he'll never win a chip and it was all on him.