PDA

View Full Version : so... is most 3s made in 1 season the hardest record to break now?

bobopenguin
02-28-2016, 09:08 PM
seriously..
last season 286 3s made in a season.. now 288 3s and still got around 22 games.. curry is currently avg 5.1 3s per game.. so thats maybe another 100 3s incoming.. so let's say.. if, 400 3s in one season...

c'mon man.. that's 5 3s per game.. so anyone in future who's gonna break that record.. wil take at least 5 3PA per game, and make it 5/5... or 10 3PA.. 5/10.. and that's 50% 3pt shooting..

wtf? this is impossible to break...

Locked_Up_Tonight
02-28-2016, 09:09 PM
100 points in a game is still the hardest.

Dr. Ice
That honestly seems like one of the easier records to break considering that the league continues to become more 3 pt. happy every year.

FreezingTsmoove
Buddy Hield is a contender if drafted to the Rockets

bobopenguin
02-28-2016, 09:14 PM

that's one game record.. so u have like 82 chances per season.. of course u gotta to be the biggest alpha and have a biggest d*ck to have ur team let u do that.. :P

this is seasonal record.. means u cant fk each game up..

navy
02-28-2016, 09:15 PM
Curry is gonna break it next year lol

L.Kizzle
02-28-2016, 09:23 PM
Walt Bellamy's 88 game season will probably never be broken.

sd3035
02-28-2016, 09:26 PM
5-47 is pretty tough too

CAstill
02-28-2016, 09:35 PM
that's one game record.. so u have like 82 chances per season.. of course u gotta to be the biggest alpha and have a biggest d*ck to have ur team let u do that.. :P

this is seasonal record.. means u cant fk each game up..

No one's breaking 81 either.

Marchesk
02-28-2016, 09:47 PM
Unbreakable season records:

50.4 ppg
27.2 rpg
48.5 mpg

Breakable:
72.7 FG%, but it hasn't been broken since Wilt set it back in 73, although DeAndre Jordan has come close last season (almost 71%).

CuterThanRubio
02-28-2016, 09:52 PM
I think we will witness someone cracking 100 eventually.

If someone like Curry or KD (Without Westbrook) go nuclear during a tightly contested game I wouldn't be surprised, although in today's age it will most likely include an OT or two which doesn't hold as much value to me but it will still count the same(Jordan's 69)

On the other hand, the single season scoring average will never be touched. You would have to be a legit superstar on an exceptionally bad team jacking a majority of the shots every game to even get close, and not even the most talented generational greats in Jordan and Kobe were capable of getting to 40 in that exact situation.

sd3035
02-28-2016, 09:56 PM
Most D league players today could put up Wilt's numbers if they played against his competition

Duffy Pratt
02-29-2016, 12:51 AM
Wilts record of 1562 misses in a season is pretty unassailable.

So is Dawkins record of 386 fouls.

theaussieguy
02-29-2016, 12:56 AM

lmao ppl still acting like this happened

Smoke117
02-29-2016, 12:58 AM
Wilts record of 1562 misses in a season is pretty unassailable.

So is Dawkins record of 386 fouls.

Shawn Kemp came pretty close to matching it in 2000 when he became a fat ass...371.

Marchesk
02-29-2016, 01:06 AM
lmao ppl still acting like this happened

55 rebounds might be harder than 100 points in the modern era. Rodman's high was 34. That's only 62% of the way there. Kobe got 81% of the point record. A couple others have scored in the 70s.

Mr. Jabbar
02-29-2016, 01:07 AM
5-47

Marchesk
02-29-2016, 01:08 AM
5-47

:roll:

Way to bring in the new official ISH number.

WayOfWade
02-29-2016, 01:22 AM
If any record is fair game, I feel like 15,806 career assists is pretty untouchable, more so than 38,388 points. Single season though, Curry's would certainly be hard. If the next closest person is 100 3's away, to me that's harder to achieve than 100 in a game

Smoke117
02-29-2016, 01:37 AM
If any record is fair game, I feel like 15,806 career assists is pretty untouchable, more so than 38,388 points. Single season though, Curry's would certainly be hard. If the next closest person is 100 3's away, to me that's harder to achieve than 100 in a game

Stockton's steals record is pretty unbreakable too...3,265...a 2.2spg average over 19 seasons...with every one but 3 being 82 games played. Kidd is 2nd and even with his longevity...he's not even close at 2,684.

Marchesk
02-29-2016, 01:45 AM

No doubt it will be difficult to break Curry's record this season, but we can expect more prolific three point shooters in the future. That's the trend as teams value three point shooting more over time, and kids grow up perfecting it.

Wilt's 4029 points is near unassailable. The next person not named Wilt is Jordan at 3041, which is almost 1000 points less. The game would really have to change for someone to get close to that.

L.Kizzle
02-29-2016, 01:52 AM
No doubt it will be difficult to break Curry's record this season, but we can expect more prolific three point shooters in the future. That's the trend as teams value three point shooting more over time, and kids grow up perfecting it.
The 3 point shot has been around for almost 50 years, and Steph has the top three (no pun) totals for a season. It took half a century to find a deadly shooter like this.

Marchesk
02-29-2016, 02:12 AM
The 3 point shot has been around for almost 50 years, and Steph has the top three (no pun) totals for a season. It took half a century to find a deadly shooter like this.

It did, and he is unique in that. But he's also playing in an era with a strong focus on three point shooting. If Bird grew up in this era, he would have taken a lot more threes. Ray Allen grows up in the 70s and he's not shooting that many threes. Or have Dale Ellis come into the league when Curry did. It makes a difference.

There will be more great three point shooters to come. There's a kid in college who's an extremely prolific three point shooter. But there's nothing on the horizon to suggest that anyone is going to make a run at 50 points a game.

bobopenguin
02-29-2016, 02:27 AM
It did, and he is unique in that. But he's also playing in an era with a strong focus on three point shooting. If Bird grew up in this era, he would have taken a lot more threes. Ray Allen grows up in the 70s and he's not shooting that many threes. Or have Dale Ellis come into the league when Curry did. It makes a difference.

There will be more great three point shooters to come. There's a kid in college who's an extremely prolific three point shooter. But there's nothing on the horizon to suggest that anyone is going to make a run at 50 points a game.

the only players that made over 3 3pts/game are curry, klay and lilard..
i see lot of players taking 3s.. but not many of them makes it.. most of them were just chucking..

Spurs m8
02-29-2016, 02:28 AM
That honestly seems like one of the easier records to break considering that the league continues to become more 3 pt. happy every year.

This.

Marchesk
02-29-2016, 02:28 AM
the only players that made over 3 3pts/game are curry, klay and lilard..
i see lot of players taking 3s.. but not many of them makes it.. most of them were just chucking..

And you don't think someone like Bird could have made 3 threes a game in today's era? Anyway, Curry is setting a new standard, but there will be thousands of kids trying to emulate it. And a few will be talented and dedicated enough to come close.

Curry might just be ahead of the curve. One of those people ahead of their time. A taste of what is to come. Imagine a Durant sized player with Curry's shot.

Marchesk
02-29-2016, 02:32 AM
Kawhi Leonard is shooting almost 49% from 3 this season. Leonard has already made more threes this season than Bird did in any of his seasons.

Does anyone really think Leonard is a better shooter than Bird was? No, but the kind of offenses teams are running now make efficiency and three point shooting a priority.

CuterThanRubio
02-29-2016, 04:37 AM
Kawhi Leonard is shooting almost 49% from 3 this season. Leonard has already made more threes this season than Bird did in any of his seasons.

Does anyone really think Leonard is a better shooter than Bird was? No, but the kind of offenses teams are running now make efficiency and three point shooting a priority.

I love this type of argument, it makes no sense.

He is making more and shooting a better percentage, I'm pretty sure that means he is better at shooting threes.

Bird had the intangibles necessary to sink shots over tight defense and remain squared up when off balance, but its not like he wasn't ever missing shots, he just made them when he needed to more often than not because he was able to hone his ability to its peak when he was truly focused on winning games, and that was his greatest skill. With that said his Finals averages aren't where they should be for a guy who can supposedly shoot the ball so much greater than people who have proven to be statistically better than him lol.

You should have chosen a lesser talent for comparisons sake because Kawhi is one of the best players in modern basketball with a FMVP to back it up.

DJ Leon Smith
02-29-2016, 04:39 AM
Rasheed's most technical fouls in a season is literally unbreakable.

IllegalD
02-29-2016, 04:42 AM
I love this type of argument, it makes no sense.

He is making more and shooting a better percentage, I'm pretty sure that means he is better at shooting threes.

Bird had the intangibles necessary to sink shots over tight defense and remain squared up when off balance, but its not like he wasn't ever missing shots, he just made them when he needed to more often than not because he was able to hone his ability to its peak when he was truly focused on winning games, and that was his greatest skill. With that said his Finals averages aren't where they should be for a guy who can supposedly shoot the ball so much greater than people who have proven to be statistically better than him lol.

You should have chosen a lesser talent for comparisons sake because Kawhi is one of the best players in modern basketball with a FMVP to back it up.

No way is Kwahi a better shooter than Larry Legend.

Igoudala also has a finals MVP which shows how much of a joke that award is in proving anything.

CuterThanRubio
02-29-2016, 04:55 AM
No way is Kwahi a better shooter than Larry Legend.

Igoudala also has a finals MVP which shows how much of a joke that award is in proving anything.

Three point shooter, not overall.

Igoudala may have been gifted an award because people needed some type of excuse for LeBron's shortcomings during the series, but you can't tell me Kawhi didn't earn his legitimately.

He's already proven to be one of the best perimeter defenders ever, and he has developed a very steady outside shot to bolster his arsenal.

Marchesk
02-29-2016, 05:35 AM

His stats are better only because of the era with it's focus on three point shooting and spacing. Put prime Bird in this era and see what he shoots from three.

Three point shooting in the 80s wasn't a priority. The game has really changed in that regard.

Kawhi Leonard a better three point shooter than Bird. SMH. Never thought I would hear that.

It's like in the NFL arguing that some good QB or receiver is better than their counterpart in the 80s because they put up better stats. Maybe they put up better stats because the NFL changed into a passing league that protects receivers and QBs.

Gileraracer
02-29-2016, 06:34 AM
5-47

This will stand forever :bowdown:

Marchesk
02-29-2016, 06:38 AM
This will stand forever :bowdown:

But won't Bran break that?

SugarHill
02-29-2016, 06:47 AM
Stockton's alltime assists record

CarlosBoozer
02-29-2016, 07:22 AM
No one will ever beat Stockton's records.

julizaver
02-29-2016, 09:02 AM

You count ABA ? In NBA it is from 36 years ...

zizozain
02-29-2016, 02:13 PM
38,387 Kareem

zizozain
02-29-2016, 02:14 PM
15-1 Kobe

CuterThanRubio
02-29-2016, 05:40 PM
His stats are better only because of the era with it's focus on three point shooting and spacing. Put prime Bird in this era and see what he shoots from three.

Three point shooting in the 80s wasn't a priority. The game has really changed in that regard.

Kawhi Leonard a better three point shooter than Bird. SMH. Never thought I would hear that.

It's like in the NFL arguing that some good QB or receiver is better than their counterpart in the 80s because they put up better stats. Maybe they put up better stats because the NFL changed into a passing league that protects receivers and QBs.

Guarding three pointers wasn't a priority, either.

I bet you most of Bird's threes were open by at least a foot of space, while Kawhi can't just decide to jack one up out of the blue because his defender has hands down waiting for the drive followed by an eventual post up.

Hmm, Just looked for a clip and I found evidence to support my claim within SECONDS.

http://i65.tinypic.com/2yl1so8.jpg

I'm right and you are wrong, Bird caught people sleeping most of the time with his threes, its not like he was manufacturing them on purpose and if he was well defended it wasn't even an option for him. You think a guy would be shooting better than 37% career since he only took open shots...

Blue&Orange
02-29-2016, 05:42 PM
https://i.imgur.com/sifHxj6.jpg

:pimp: